Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

milk milk lemonade posted:

Nah. Turn the news off brosef

This thread is where I get most of the news.....so yeah I should probably take a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

The hits keep comin'!

quote:

One of the few organizations in the United States that’s dedicated to helping people leave far-right white-extremism groups of the type that rallied in Charlottesville, Virginia, this weekend had its funding halted by the White House less than two months ago.

Life After Hate is a Chicago-based non-profit whose group of co-founders includes Christian Picciolini, a prominent former neo-Nazi. Since last November, when Donald Trump was elected, Life After Hate has seen a 20-fold increase in requests for help, Picciolini told Politico. In June, however, the group learned that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) had decided to halt a $400,000 grant that the outgoing Obama administration had allocated to it in mid-January.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Handsome Ralph posted:

Uhh rude.

I'm painting 1-0 on the side.

If you're naming it for Sherman, it needs flames.

McNally posted:

There's a photograph of him with his hand on her rear end. His defense rested on Taylor Swift not knowing her rear end from her ribcage.

And his lawyer asking questions like "if you felt like you were being assaulted, why didn't you react like someone who was being assaulted?"

Fig. 1.1: "My hand was totally on her ribcage, honest."

:laffo: What a loving moron.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Godholio posted:

If you're naming it for Sherman, it needs flames.

:laffo: What a loving moron.

He stuck his hand up her skirt and squeezed her rear end in the middle of a loving photoshoot. Moron is an understatement.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

psydude posted:

And again, can anyone actually produce a study that demonstrates that poor economic outlook among rural Americans is correlated to participation in white supremacy or neo-nazi organizations?

A no-poo poo study of this would be fascinating. Too bad I've forgotten more about stats than I ever knew.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Music to punch Nazis to:
Lunatic Fringe - Red Rider
Land of Confusion - Genesis
Rip and Tear
BFG Division
Nazi Punks gently caress Off - Dead Kennedys

I had others but I'm blanking on them right, feel free to add.

Now if we could get 7ish minutes of Nazis getting hurt and Confederate monuments getting destroyed we could edit it into a video with the Doom intro "They are rage, brutal and without mercy, but you, you will be worse. RIP AND TEAR, UNTIL IT IS DONE! followed by Rip and Tear as the backing audio.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 15, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

psydude posted:

The economy is fine. That is to say, the economic output of the United States is fine. Note that this is independent of the median wage or purchasing power parity of working-class people.

And again, can anyone actually produce a study that demonstrates that poor economic outlook among rural Americans is correlated to participation in white supremacy or neo-nazi organizations?

I have a hunch it's more of a function of:
I live in Texas which has a lot of lovely rural towns where the young people get out if they can. I'm thinking of places like Sherman, Longview, Big Spring, etc. There are a million of these towns. Most of the population growth in the big Texas cities are from rural parts of the state. Some of these are really bad -- as in you can get a shotgun pulled on you for looking at a neighbor the wrong way.

There are nice small towns, though. One of my favorites is Fredericksburg because of the local wine industry, and tourism has saved the town. It's also a historically German-American region and the town promotes that as an attraction. But that rests on inviting people in and being "open" I guess. Even though I wouldn't exactly describe the area as being culturally like the coasts. It's conservative but feels welcoming to many different people.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Don't forget Nazi Punks gently caress Off by the Dead Kennedys

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Oh man, it's all poo poo and sad, but this is just too loving funny-

Judge denies cowardly murderer bail

posted:

A judge denied him bail Monday after the public defender’s office said it couldn’t represent him because a relative of someone in the office was injured in Saturday’s protest.

He still was assigned a local attorney to represent him, but man... Talk about burning bridges.

Your mom doesn't want you, and the public agency that is supposed to defend you denies defending you based on potential ethics issues... due to your own actions.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

His mom claimed she didn't know anything about him being a Nazi, you know, while she lived in the same house. Maybe cut her a little slack since she's a paraplegic but c'mon. Alan Scarsella's dad claimed he was just a "gun enthusiast" and that everyone had his son totally wrong too. Then at the trial a bunch of texts he sent about shooting black people came out, and so did pictures of his PC case painted like a swastika flag.

You can't not know that your kid is a Nazi.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/897318276669349888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
:thunk:

Seriously though my grandfather is probably spinning in his grave.

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte

Casimir Radon posted:

Music to punch Nazis to:

Oi Polloi - Let the Boots do the Talking
Oi Polloi - Bash The Fash
Woody Guthrie - Tear the fascists down
Woody Guthrie - All You Fascists Bound To Lose

Edit:
Oi Polloi really want you know that they disapprove of Nazis and fascism in general.
Oi Polloi - Nazi Scum‏

The Orgasm Sanction fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 15, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Keel haul his rear end.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

So for those not caught up, Trump just retweeted this alt-right shitheel nazi bitching and moaning about chicago crime statistics. He is infamous for being a pizzagate supporter and for bringing a RAPE MELANIA sign to a trump protest in order to try to paint anti-trump people as violent psychos.

He was of course MAGAing saturday at the rally in his proudboy uniform (khakis, tucked in polo, MAGA hat) and throwing up heil trumps with the rest of them.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Justice Department issued a subpoena seeking information about 1.3 million users who visited anti-Trump websites on a major web host. This actually occurred before the latest protests and seems to be focusing on people who were protesting Trump's inauguration.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/346544-dreamhost-claims-doj-requesting-info-on-visitors-to-anti-trump-website

quote:

The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump, the Los Angeles-based Dreamhost said in a blog post published on Monday.

Dreamhost, a web hosting provider, said that it has been working with the Department of Justice for several months on the request, which believes goes too far under the Constitution.

DreamHost claimed that the complying with the request from the Justice Department would amount to handing over roughly 1.3 million visitor IP addresses to the government, in addition to contact information, email content and photos of thousands of visitors to the website, which was involved in organizing protests against Trump on Inauguration Day.
“That information could be used to identify any individuals who used this site to exercise and express political speech protected under the Constitution’s First Amendment,” DreamHost wrote in the blog post on Monday. “That should be enough to set alarm bells off in anyone’s mind.”

When contacted, the Justice Department directed The Hill to the U.S. attorney's office in D.C.

The company is currently challenging the request. A hearing on the matter is scheduled for Friday in Washington.

“In essence, the Search Warrant not only aims to identify the political dissidents of the current administration, but attempts to identify and understand what content each of these dissidents viewed on the website,” the company’s general counsel, Chris Ghazarian, said in a legal argument opposing the request.

The web provider published a purported search warrant issued by the Superior Court of the District of Columbia that asks for records and information related to the website and its owner, along with information that could be used to identify subscribers of the website.

This includes “names, addresses, telephone numbers and other identifiers, e-mail addresses, business information, the length of service (including start date), means and source of payment for services (including any credit card or bank account number), and information about any domain name registration.”

The warrant, dated July 12, says that authorities will seize any information constituting violations of D.C. code governing riots that involve individuals connected to the protests on Inauguration Day.

More than 200 people were indicted on felony rioting charges in connection with the protests in Washington on Jan. 20.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

What exactly does a junior naval intelligence officer do? How seriously could he abuse his position/rank?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Not sure if posted here before, but liberal rag Mother Jones has a piece on the rise (?) of anti-Racist groups http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/anti-racist-antifa-tinley-park-five/

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

He mentioned drill weekend the ensigns don't do much at all special or independent. Looks like he might be a mustang so he may know more than the average ensign on how to make a good power point.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Music to punch Nazis to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
That vid from Durham loving rules. I still believe in you, America :unsmith:.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Here y'all this is p much antifa 101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfDbTgb6uyc

Probs what you're in for, just with way more obesity and worse music.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Aug 15, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Delizin posted:

Justice Department issued a subpoena seeking information about 1.3 million users who visited anti-Trump websites on a major web host. This actually occurred before the latest protests and seems to be focusing on people who were protesting Trump's inauguration.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/346544-dreamhost-claims-doj-requesting-info-on-visitors-to-anti-trump-website

Jesus loving Christ. Impeach, you spineless loving cowards. This is literally Watergate 2.0.

How do we even begin to combat this?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Delizin posted:

Haha gently caress trump

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Here y'all this is p much antifa 101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfDbTgb6uyc

Probs what you're in for, just with way more obesity and worse music.

What is it with Nazis and frogs?

Also, it goes without saying that the documentary is pro-click material.

Wasabi the J posted:

Jesus loving Christ. Impeach, you spineless loving cowards. This is literally Watergate 2.0.

This is why you should ALWAYS USE A VPN, people.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I've been reading Nixonland and it's been kinda reassuring in a weird way in that it shows a situation where poo poo is a lot worse than today, I mean cops and politicians being sniped on the reg, everyone gunning up, constant street battles, cops collectively being just a oval office hair short of open full-blown white nationalism thugs, and still the system sorta held together and things didn't move into full civil war territory. A bunch of people will die though.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

social media.

university of florida is going to host richard spencer in a month or so. i follow a lot of UF stuff and that's how i found out about it.

i'm sure if you're a nazi and tapped into nazi social media it wouldn't be too difficult.

How the gently caress is this dude still getting invites to universities.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
from msn

quote:

Guam residents received a nasty jolt Tuesday after two radio stations accidentally issued emergency warnings to indicate an imminent threat or attack, at a time when the US territory is already on edge over North Korean threats to fire missiles into nearby waters.

North Korea had said it would finalise plans by mid-August on whether to fire missiles at Guam in response to "fire and fury" threats from US President Donald Trump.

But Pyongyang's official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on Tuesday reported that Kim had examined the plans but made no move towards an immediate strike.

"Residents and visitors are reminded to remain calm," said Guam’s homeland security adviser George Charfauros.

"There is no change in threat level, we continue business as usual."

Homeland Security confirmed in a statement that the "unauthorised test was not connected to any emergency, threat or warning" and it was working with the radio stations "to ensure the human error will not occur again".

Kim on Tuesday hinted he would hold off on the missile strike, saying he would "watch a little more the foolish and stupid conduct of the Yankees spending a hard time of every minute of their miserable lot".

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Wasabi the J posted:

The serious answer is donate to the SPLC, EFF, ACLU, etc.

The comedy answer is to just chill out. The fact that we know about the request is proof that the government is too stupid to be effectively evil. Like the President retweeting a comment calling him and/or Arpaio a fascist (it's unclear).

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/897414258165731328

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Aug 15, 2017

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
AP reporting that the four minority House caucus groups are asking Herr Trumpf to can Bannon, Miller, and Gorka

'...their continuing presence in the White House is emboldening a resurgent white supremacist movement in America.'

https://apnews.com/44de992676c24b799b0f269947cceb40/The-Latest:-Trump-asked-to-fire-3-White-House-staffers

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/896879423282176000

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Delizin posted:

What the gently caress

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

What the gently caress

I hope I'm on that list. gently caress it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

What the gently caress

They are already fighting the request, and I doubt the request will hold up in court.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I hope I'm on that list. gently caress it.

There is no list because it's not even possible that a webhost should be able to access a visitor's Contacts and Email and Photos? If a webhost is even able to access or even see any of that data whoever is running the hosted website should be ashamed enough to kill themself. And any visitor who gives up their contacts and photos and email to a random website pretty much deserves what they get.

The most they could even have a list of is IP addresses, unless the website was a deliberate honeypot or false flag. Makes you think.

Poppyseed Poundcake fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 15, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...%3D5825%23pti24

Yeah let's get back to the old faithfuls.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
http://fox21news.com/2017/08/15/shoplifting-suspect-shot-killed-by-police-in-colorado-springs/

CSPD shoot/kill walmart shoplifter.

Link says gunfire was exchanged but the other stations in town aren't saying that. Yet.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Low effort. Do some actual video editing and stitch together camera angles and cuts and THEN put yanketty sax over it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

North Korea is sure begging for a lot of attention these days.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

LingcodKilla posted:

North Korea is sure begging for a lot of attention these days.

They're not used to competeting for the spotlight in the unhinged category

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It took me a minute to find what the actual issue was. Not his "drill weekend" tweet.

Edit: Oh, I didn't realize he was a known fuckwit already.

Edit2:

facialimpediment posted:

Like the President retweeting a comment calling him and/or Arpaio a fascist (it's unclear).

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/897414258165731328

Now he's just loving with us.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 15, 2017

• Locked thread