Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Is there a way to get a day by day schedule of the events you signed up for at gen con?

I could put my events into a spreadsheet, but I'm looking for something more automated (to double check my spreadsheet against since its been months since I picked events).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

You have too many events.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

LLSix posted:

Is there a way to get a day by day schedule of the events you signed up for at gen con?

I could put my events into a spreadsheet, but I'm looking for something more automated (to double check my spreadsheet against since its been months since I picked events).

While you're at it, why don't you adopt a puppy and then hire someone else to pet it?

Painstakingly crafting your own event spreadsheet or Google calendar is a vital part of the Gen Con experience!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Anyone have any experience with adopting a puppy and hiring someone else to pet it at Gen-Con?

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Dr. Quarex posted:

Anyone have any experience with adopting a puppy and hiring someone else to pet it at Gen-Con?

I was considering adopting a puppy, but it seemed like I should wait until I was done with GenCon and DragonCon so I didn't have to do exactly this.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Carteret posted:

You have too many events.

Yeah if your gencon requires a spreadsheet you have too many events and too few beers

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Dr. Quarex posted:

I am available for this

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah if your gencon requires a spreadsheet you have too many events and too few beers

Not really. I mean, even if I had only 1 event the whole con I would probably make a spreadsheet for it. Anxiety for the win.

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.

nesbit37 posted:

Not really. I mean, even if I had only 1 event the whole con I would probably make a spreadsheet for it. Anxiety for the win.

Yep, spreadsheet anxiety buddy. Most of my friends agree with the spreadsheet hatin' crowd but I like being able to visualize everything at a glance. In the past I've also made auction spreadsheets and packing spreadsheets, but I have not done so this year.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero
You can use the highprogrammer site to generate calendar entries for your events, but as far as I know you still need to do it one-by-one (though you can search by event ID which makes it not terrible).

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

LLSix posted:

I mean, I usually just copy/paste the table on the user home page

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

The final spice...your tears <3
So, packed my games, here's what I actually am bringing:

Lisboa
Lignum
Wildcatters
Trickerion
Container
Arkwright
1856 (mostly because I'm gonna try for the 18XX events)
Indonesia
Food Chain Magnate
Keyflower

Smaller games like Arboretum, Bling Bling Gemstone, Skull, and Gravwell are also in my bags.

Hit me up for playing some of these; I'll be camping in the game library unless otherwise noted. I'll be on Groupme.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I think on the gencon website you can check your event order history and all the info is there for each event.

Then just spend 5 minutes typing up google calendar events or other calendar app whatever

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Dr. Quarex posted:

My wife will take care of the cats while I'm gone. That's similar.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Haystack posted:

I mean, I usually just copy/paste the table on the user home page

Thank you, that works.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

i use OSP for my board games at GenCon just like my hero, Solid Snake

also you lot bring piles of stuff so

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I have one four hour event each day, and the rest of the time will be spent waiting in lines to spend stupid amounts of money

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My schedule is pretty front loaded.

I even have some overlapping stuff, which I thought GenCon wouldn't let you sign up for.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Trynant posted:

Lisboa
Lignum
Wildcatters
Trickerion
Container
Arkwright
Indonesia

Hit me up for playing some of these; I'll be camping in the game library unless otherwise noted. I'll be on Groupme.

I will play any of these.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

My schedule is pretty front loaded.

I even have some overlapping stuff, which I thought GenCon wouldn't let you sign up for.

It will let you sign up for overlapping stuff, but won't let your friends do it for you.

Which I found out the hard way when one friend registered me for a conan rpg and another tried to sign me up for true dungeon, and true dungeon got denied :(.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
From hot box pizza, for anyone who wants to poo poo gold and make the toilets sparkle.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Altogether, my small group (four) is bringing:
- Mansions of Madness
- Pandemic: Legacy
- Legendary: Big Trouble in Little China (I want Rob Heinsoo to sign this)
- Star Trek Ascendancy
- MtG - Archenemy: Nicol Bolas
- Tragedy ROOPER + Expansions

I'll also bringing some RPG-related stuff (but buying most on-site), and with an hour or two of prep I would be willing to run Kali Ghati (Delta Green) for a group of friends+goons.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

nesbit37 posted:

From hot box pizza, for anyone who wants to poo poo gold and make the toilets sparkle.

As long as you wash it down with goldschlager

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Trynant posted:

So, packed my games, here's what I actually am bringing:

Food Chain Magnate

Smaller games like Arboretum, Bling Bling Gemstone, Skull, and Gravwell are also in my bags.

I've been wanting to play FCM since it came out and have a Library ticket for Saturday. If scheduling works out would love to get a game in. I'll ping you in groupme at some point.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'll be bringing Vast: The Crystal Cavern.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Can someone post the parking lot finder site again? Trying to determine if parking or ubering will be easier.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Haystack posted:

I've always used Parkwiz and just reserved a spot somewhere. Everything that's left is a bit of a walk (or a shuttle ride), but knowing in advance where you're parking is worth it imo.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

At this point I think everything is basically sold out, going to have to figure out my parking when I get there

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

At this point I think everything is basically sold out, going to have to figure out my parking when I get there

I spent the whole con 2015 driving in and parking at the stadium. Flat rate for the whole day, tons of space.

Edit: it doesn't show on parkwiz, but http://www.downtownindy.org/get-around-downtown/park/?&lm=vd shows that it's 5 bucks a day to park there. I imagine for the event it is more like 15? but that's hard to beat.

Carteret fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 16, 2017

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I just park in the underground ramp right in front of the main doors. No one knows it's there.

I'm going to try Uber / Lyft first though. THey both have weekly specials of $5/10 off per ride. I'm only 7 miles away.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

No poo poo, they made more Archenemy decks? Is it a box with other decks too? That was my favorite version of MTG.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
I'm going to Gencon for the first time every this year. It was kind of sudden and unexpected. I probably won't have the same experience as most people because I'm actually working as a contractor for a large company demoing games and judging tournaments.

I'm pretty amped up about it because I'm going to Gencon pretty much all expenses paid and will get paid while I'm there and then probably give about twice that amount of money back to the company paying me.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

siggy2021 posted:

I'm going to Gencon for the first time every this year. It was kind of sudden and unexpected. I probably won't have the same experience as most people because I'm actually working as a contractor for a large company demoing games and judging tournaments.

I'm pretty amped up about it because I'm going to Gencon pretty much all expenses paid and will get paid while I'm there and then probably give about twice that amount of money back to the company paying me.

TELL US WHAT YOU ARE DEMOING SO WE CAN ALL COME SEE YOU FRIEND.

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.

Philthy posted:

I'm going to try Uber / Lyft first though. THey both have weekly specials of $5/10 off per ride. I'm only 7 miles away.

Is there a code to use to apply the discount?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
If you're not afraid of a bit of a walk, it's unlikely that either the zoo or Circle Center mall parking will fill up also.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Speaking of transport, anyone else staying at the Super 8 in Indy (4033 East Southport Rd)? Wanna see if anyone wants to split taxi or Uber/Lyft fares to and from the convention center.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

On the road to Gen Con!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
DONT FORGET YOUR BADGE

E: also if you are flying in, there is a $10 shuttle bus to downtown. They don't take cash and you can reserve a seat online ahead of time for priority boarding

http://goexpresstravel.com/indy_express

Fellis fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 16, 2017

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Goon drinking meetup is at the Rathskeller now!

Also get in groupme you dumb idiot nobody posts info here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
My Gen Con is 90% Writer's Symposium and like one or two D&D sessions with friends, and it's the goddamned highlight of my summer.

On a related note, I'M AT GEN CON MOTHRAFUCKERSSSSSSS

• Locked thread