Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

They shouldve just deleted "Hellblade" out of the title and called it a day. Or just her name as the title would've worked well. It really feels like the title came from the earlier stages of the project when things appeared quite different (like their first version of Senua, that model was generic as poo poo) and for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Hades-Bladies

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

I did miss some of the runes so I'll have to go back and get them for the last achievement and apparently getting them all gets you some extra stuff during the ending.

Without spoilers (I'm currently near the end of the trials, so not finished yet) is there any easy way to go back and get ones you missed? I've missed 1 rune and I'm nearing the end of having all of them (Maybe 8-10 remaining runes in total). It's literally killing me when I see a new rune and having that one red rune back from somewhere in the early game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lifeglug posted:

Without spoilers (I'm currently near the end of the trials, so not finished yet) is there any easy way to go back and get ones you missed? I've missed 1 rune and I'm nearing the end of having all of them (Maybe 8-10 remaining runes in total). It's literally killing me when I see a new rune and having that one red rune back from somewhere in the early game.

Some can be gotten but others are permanently missable past certain points unless you replay the entire game. You just get the achievement and one additional 30-second hidden cutscene before the very end of the game (that you can youtube) so it's not a huge deal.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Some can be gotten but others are permanently missable past certain points unless you replay the entire game. You just get the achievement and one additional 30-second hidden cutscene before the very end of the game (that you can youtube) so it's not a huge deal.

:suicide:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm not sure if this will work but you can backup your current save, move it to another folder, and then quickly play through to get the last lorestone since your progress carries over from game to game. It looks like you're missing a rune from Surt's area.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I'm not sure if this will work but you can backup your current save, move it to another folder, and then quickly play through to get the last lorestone since your progress carries over from game to game. It looks like you're missing a rune from Surt's area.

I'd already completed the game. But you're right that the runes persist, so I've now got the achievement unlocked at least. Will just take a look at youtube for what I missed.

Edit: Ok, so even having 1 runestone missing I still got that secret cutscene where Druth talks to you in the portal, and takes off his hat and stuff, before you step through.

Piss Witch fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 13, 2017

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So who's excited for some horror coming out tomorrow? On the one hand we got the new cyber punk hack horror game 'Observer' from the people that did Layers of Fear and we also get the re-release of Night Trap (which I found out today is going to have some prototype demo game along with it called 'Scene of the Crime': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIBBDyRn3b0). Pretty excited all around.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

discworld is all I read posted:

So who's excited for some horror coming out tomorrow? On the one hand we got the new cyber punk hack horror game 'Observer' from the people that did Layers of Fear and we also get the re-release of Night Trap (which I found out today is going to have some prototype demo game along with it called 'Scene of the Crime': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIBBDyRn3b0). Pretty excited all around.

Gamespot gave Observer a pretty enthusiastic thumbs up! That's the only review I've seen so far, I'm sure there are more.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I had no idea Observer was out and I'll probably give that a shot, but Nidhogg 2 is out tomorrow as well so I'll wait.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

john wolfe got an early copy of observer and even has an hour and a half of footage up already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFcwwJNQhMU

seems pretty cool so far

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'll probably grab observer on sale. Is it looking to be more interactive than layers of fear?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

john wolfe got an early copy of observer and even has an hour and a half of footage up already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFcwwJNQhMU

seems pretty cool so far

He does skits now? :/

al-azad
May 28, 2009

hanales posted:

Bad horror games broke him. He was routing through his apartments dumpster.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Ineffiable posted:

I'll probably grab observer on sale. Is it looking to be more interactive than layers of fear?
There is a bit more exploration and puzzle-solving that LoF, but it's still more or less a walking simulator. It also has same over-reliance on spooky screen distortions and sudden loud noises. Visual and sound effects of your "detective vision" are annoying as hell too...

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

hanales posted:

He's been doing them a while, going for awkward humour. I enjoy them sometimes. Worst case scenario, I appreciate the effort he puts into trying to introduce a video, but I can see how this can turn people off.

Artelier fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Aug 15, 2017

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Wolfe is sort of riffing on the idea of skits being a common thing while producing his own as a way to generate interest to his channel. He's talked about being hit with the same problems a ton of youtubers are experiencing (which is also why he's streaming more frequently) so while skits may seem out of his wheelhouse he also needs to keep his business going.

The skits are also amusing, imo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
if you want a non-skit alternative, you can watch my boy, MrKravin.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

The trailer for >observer way back when was interesting. I'm this close to pulling the trigger on it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tired Moritz posted:

if you want a non-skit alternative, you can watch my boy, MrKravin.

Link or no one is looking him up, or maybe I'm more lazy than most.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't particularly mind the skits all that much but i'm finding myself skipping them half the time anyways. hopefully he doesn't keep doing it forever. being a fulltime youtuber seems like some kind of personal hell, though, so who knows.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I just got a 20% off coupon for Observer because I own Layers of Fear, might just pick it up now.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Link or no one is looking him up, or maybe I'm more lazy than most.

He's adorable and the best.

MarkVega
Jan 1, 2008
Just lookin'.
Holy crap. Observer main dude is
played by Rutger Hauer.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

I don't know....something about a man who thinks 'fat greasy queer' is a trademark slogan worth putting on a shirt isn't really what I'd call 'the best'. Also anyone that was put in the pewdiepie game as a guest star is also pretty low on the ol' totem pole of quality to me. But different strokes for different folks, right?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I wish Raedwulf had done a video for it already, he's nice and inoffensive and his voice is pleasant.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
>observer is some heavy poo poo. It feels like it's the new SOMA. The game might not be long from what people are saying, but there's a lot to take in, so don't be surprised if you spend minutes just soaking in all the details.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I don't know....something about a man who thinks 'fat greasy queer' is a trademark slogan worth putting on a shirt isn't really what I'd call 'the best'. Also anyone that was put in the pewdiepie game as a guest star is also pretty low on the ol' totem pole of quality to me. But different strokes for different folks, right?

He's queer and I'm not, so I don't think it's my place to judge how he uses the term. I also have no idea what you're talking about with pewdiepie or why I should care.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

He's a big gay dude that made a joke out of people being stupid to them, also you're thinking of someone entirely different on the awful pdp game thing.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Too Shy Guy posted:

He's queer and I'm not, so I don't think it's my place to judge how he uses the term. I also have no idea what you're talking about with pewdiepie or why I should care.
I'm not gay either, but I can still recognize when a shirt with a slogan on it can be misconstrued. It's hard to measure when a term is considered offensive in a given group, cause to me queer being equal to homosexuality means that it's something odd or out of place but it's not.

I will admit though that yardbomb is correct; there's apparently another bearded person who wears a furry hat that was in that game. My bad on that.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

"Queer" has been used by the LGBT communities for years now as it's an easy, all-encompassing phrase for anyone not 100% straight and/or gender normative, or who just doesn't want one single label or series of labels for whatever they are.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Kravin is legit and fun to watch. Lovable bloke.

He and John occasionally play coop games together under Dangerous to go alone channel.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Well my apologies on the misunderstanding on my part.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

MarkVega posted:

played by Rutger Hauer.

Isn't he featured on the cover art? :v:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Hello. Is >Observer_ good? Staring at this Layers of Fear discount.

(use lgbtqa in general. lots of people don't like being called queer!)

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Bogart posted:

Yeah, I dont like the queer label, I still use LGBT :shrug:

Yes, by a lot of accounts Observer is good, and the LoF discount is a limited time thing, I'd bite.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Bogart posted:

It's great. This game is really going to put the studio on the map from what I've played so far.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Blattdorf posted:

>observer is some heavy poo poo. It feels like it's the new SOMA.

Well, I'll be passing on this one, thanks for the heads-up. I still need to watch John or MrKravin play it but the protagonists of both SOMA and of Layers of Fear were so off-putting (especially in the latter) that I'm inclined to avoid.

MarkVega posted:

played by Rutger Hauer.

Like designed after him or he's actually credited in the game?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

soma was the only good horror game in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Well, I'll be passing on this one, thanks for the heads-up. I still need to watch John or MrKravin play it but the protagonists of both SOMA and of Layers of Fear were so off-putting (especially in the latter) that I'm inclined to avoid.

Like designed after him or he's actually credited in the game?

Observer is way better than Layers of Fear, I guess partly because I love these futuristic dystopias.

He's credited in the game.