Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Sappo569 posted:

Will card marine be the next Pokemon ?

You already have the obsessive autist crowd locked down, it's a sure fire win

Pokemon card game isn't high enough.

Card Marine is going to be the next Yu-Gi-Oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Colostomy Bag posted:

Did you post it on your blog?

No, because its about explosives and guns :colbert:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I used my card melt token to side grade my IV(in-'verse) Jav to the card version (with insurance) hull using new credits, since store credits don't count for CM. I feel this was a good choice as the card jav really punches above its weight. Only ended up costing a few hundred to do this and i am an adult with disposable income and hobbies cost thousands a month right stop being a baby.

edit: Writing this bullshit out I realise that card versions of many ships would be magnitudes more 'real' than the ship it represents. Maybe this is good for start citizen.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 15, 2017

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Tokamak posted:

Sources tell me that this year's big surprise is a Star Citizen collectable card game.

Now you know why they have spent so much time working on the UI/Mobiglass. Chris is hoping that the sales of card packs will bring in enough money to pay back the Coutts and Co. loan. Stuck in quantum warp for 30 minutes? Buy some card packs and play a game of Card Marine.

CR: "It worked for Witcher 3 and Hearthstone, so I loving want it in SC."

The game to end all games indeed.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Virtual Captain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUYoaQ16kYQ&t=1904s

31:50 "The flight model is rotten to the very core"
32:00 "Stop arcading everything, and just make the game that was advertised"

Serious question: how would you determine non arbitrary values for the performance of fantasy space ships trying to recreate the feeling of Star Wars / WW2 dog fighters?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

doingitwrong posted:

Serious question: how would you determine non arbitrary values for the performance of fantasy space ships trying to recreate the feeling of Star Wars / WW2 dog fighters?

Take the flight mechanics from WW2 dog-fighters. Was that rhetorical?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

doingitwrong posted:

Well, as long as the arbitrary values punch above their weight, it's good for Star Citizen.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Xaerael posted:

Well, as long as the arbitrary values punch above their weight, it's good for Star Citizen.

And they're the most realistic and fidelitous arbitrary values ever, of course.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Vaulting in 2.3 Star Marine confirmed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkde_c0RRl0

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubgs-work-in-progress-vaulting-animations-look-good/

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
I just imagine the panic at cig "how did they find out about the card game?"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
DEREK FART HAS NO FANBASE!

-Poster on a sub-reddit dedicated to Derek Fart

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Everyone knows Chris will wear black, thats why its the Free Space.

Edit: http://mfbc.us/m/qsjqry

Click link, click "New Card" a couple of times, voila! Random card with an okay amount of possible options.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 15, 2017

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Quavers posted:

Vaulting in 2.3 Star Marine confirmed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkde_c0RRl0

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubgs-work-in-progress-vaulting-animations-look-good/

Jesus christ those animations are good. Unfortunately, the graphics do not require -1nm GPU technology, so ultimately I am forced to give PUBG an F for inadequate fidelity.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Also what's a good snappy name for that Start Citizen board game that completely flopped? I can't think of anything good.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Toops posted:

Also what's a good snappy name for that Start Citizen board game that completely flopped? I can't think of anything good.

Star Chitizen.

Because chits and also an obvious homophone.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

EightAce posted:

Gamescon

There will be mini vignette trailers for.

The guy off game of thrones
The Aussie dude from rogue one
An exciting young actress called Sandi ?

Live feed from the floor watching people playing sc. all totally random punters NO CIG shills/ employees

A qa CIG employee will play 3.0 . He will land he will wiz round on that black bike thing . He will get a mission .
 He is rote learning this so it doesn't crash on the day  as certain areas will cause the framrate to drop below 10 fps . Not sure if this will be press only or general shitizenry

A new ship will be unveiled

Chris will deliver an impassioned speech via video link

Derek will laugh and tweet that he called it and it's glorious etc

Plz be real :pray:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Sillybones posted:

Take the flight mechanics from WW2 dog-fighters. Was that rhetorical?

The 30 minute video linked in the post I was quoting involved a bunch of theory crafting about how to make realistic space flight mechanics work with engines and weights that respected power output and the direction of thrusters on the ships. They wanted real Zero G maneuvering.

Star Citizen as a whole promises totally realistic flight physics AND ALSO dogfights like Chris remembers from Star Wars. They have classes of ships that go to Naval size vessels which, if you remember your WW2 history, did not typically fly.

The fundamental contradiction that lies at the rotten heart of the Star Citizen promise is this:
- You will have total fidelity and realism.
- You will also feel like it's just like the movies.

That's why the want mess halls and mop buckets. Because movies have cool character building moments in the mess hall. Never mind that movies cut past the tedious hours that our hero spends mopping before the key scene. Star Citizen will be realistic, so in game players will really have to live that month of mopping floors in the brig. So many great movie moments happen in the hangar. That's why we need realistic unloading times and ships that are grounded for days. So characters can run into each other and talk out a grudge. And also it's immersively real.

What little we know about space combat means that the most likely future is unmanned weapons platforms firing on each other from great distances. But Star Citizens want what Chris promised which is flying around like they remember from the movies which were WW2 dogfights. And then they demand realism and call whatever they think that is 'not arbitrary'.

It wasn't a rhetorical question.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Cute thing here is he thinks fancy pants features like mining are causing delays instead of intractable problems like "is this commando currently spinning at 3000 RPM?"

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

Hav posted:

Well, Pandemic Legion, coming off their tournament high, started to gather together a band of drooling idiots to counter the other band of heroic drooling idiots because it turned out that Band of Brothers wasn't going to give 'good fites'. We (Guuns) got our poo poo pushed in while trying to online a fortress recently, but we're getting to the point where these things head towards massive ISK losses as a matter of course.

This is all semi-observational. I won Eve a long time ago by not playing.

WotC have a lot to answer for when the revolution comes. Weirdly, the number of CCG games has actually dropped because there's a higher requirement for figuring out forged cards. Like have you seen a Magic card these days? They're all holographed.

Thanks. It seems I've won as well.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

I've got these insane pain killers which have what i can only describe as a Death Riddle on them instead of instructions.
they are like those 'WHAT AM I?' quizzes instead of instructions. I can;t see much but I'll try and copy some...

take 2 tablets FOUR times a day then 1 OR 2 tablets up to FOUR times a day

I dunno what that means tbh

It means party time :catdrugs:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Oh yeah? What's Ben's special ability then?

Junkyard Archivist: take a useless card from the bottom of the discard pile and put it onto the top of the discard pile

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I refuse to believe in card marine but I can totally see Chris wanting it

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I refuse to believe in card marine but I can totally see Chris wanting it

I want to believe

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Card Marine by Chris would be him obsessing over the font and paper texture quality while having no clue what the card stats are going to be.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Cheez posted:

Why are we making fun of legit terms again

Emperor Chrigula is fiddling while his verse burns

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
poo poo that was Nero wasn't it... OK Emperor Chriero

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
How could Chris Roberts & CIG save card gaming by revolutionizing it with fidelity? I eagerly await his vision.

:prepop:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

crisp roberts posted:

If i wanted to be in a room with dumb nerds id go to a sa meetup.

If I wanted to wallow in a miasma of bitter disappointment and body odor I'd go to bronycon

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

tuo posted:

Live stream of pgabz right now

it's so fidelitous

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Toblakai posted:

Thanks. It seems I've won as well.

I got my killmails and I'm happy to have walked away.

Actually, I've never seen or been more weirdly proud of a shower of dysfunctional shutins like I am of the online gaming wing of the dead gay comedy forum. Even Starfleet Dental and the Klingon Inland Revenue Service were amazing, not the least for the internal politics, meltdowns and forum drama that ensues.

I mean, occasionally things steer into weird areas, but we live in a weird world now.

Berious posted:

If I wanted to wallow in a miasma of bitter disappointment and body odor I'd go to bronycon

Or any Gamestop.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Quavers posted:

How could Chris Roberts & CIG save card gaming by revolutionizing it with fidelity? I eagerly await his vision.

:prepop:

$1M Goal: You will have a deck of cards.

$2M Goal: The deck of cards will now contain special face cards.

$3M Goal: Pulling out all the stops, you'll get the ace of spades.

$66M Goal: Four suits of cards when launched.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA7ATkTUuAE

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
NUMBERING SYSTEM FOR "DUPLICATE" SHIP MODELS DOES NOT GO ABOVE "9"

The ship numbering system used for numbering duplicate entries should count chronologically from 1 (Or zero, if desired by development) and up until the full numbering of duplicates has been reached. In the case shown in the video example linked below - The Stalkers should be numbered either 0-10, or 0-11; the Titans should be numbered either 0-17, or 1-18

While this is obviously not a crucial issue to be fixed; it might be useful as a heads up for much later, when individuals and groups / orgs might have hundreds or even thousands of duplicate ship entries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBMTfHzB2BM

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

loving lol

*floats off geometry (for some reason)*

*clips through steel gate never to be seen again*

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpH53LJGXGQ

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

NUMBERING SYSTEM FOR "DUPLICATE" SHIP MODELS DOES NOT GO ABOVE "9"

The ship numbering system used for numbering duplicate entries should count chronologically from 1 (Or zero, if desired by development) and up until the full numbering of duplicates has been reached. In the case shown in the video example linked below - The Stalkers should be numbered either 0-10, or 0-11; the Titans should be numbered either 0-17, or 1-18

While this is obviously not a crucial issue to be fixed; it might be useful as a heads up for much later, when individuals and groups / orgs might have hundreds or even thousands of duplicate ship entries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBMTfHzB2BM

how much is the chariot this commando owns double digits of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

big nipples big life posted:

how much is the chariot this commando owns double digits of?

Space bikes. You melt them for LTI tokens for bigger, better hulls.