Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The blonde hair is allegedly the season pass skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
New operators good, green hair dumb.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Green hair is very cool, and very good. Gonna run her with the gaudiest gun skins I can get my hands on.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Party Plane Jones posted:

There's no way Jager is going to remain the way he is with another op shooting bazillions of flashbang projectiles as well as losing his ACOG. His gadget is already sorta worthless as it is.

good

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Rectus posted:

Yes, please add a melee-only guy in an EOD suit.

Make one of the operators just an EOD bot and nothing else.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

lovely Echo, Flash Fuze, and AIDS Man.

I'm excited to slampick all the new ops during early access week.

Now give us 3 minute casual rounds.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
sounds like better echo to me because you dont have to babysit some drone and can focus on shooting dudes with your OP weapons(every new operator will have OP guns)

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

IceOrb posted:

Also where is my non lethal fuze charge?

Hard, when can I expect payment for my good ideas?

I accept R6 bux and renown boosters as payment.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

IceOrb posted:

Hard, when can I expect payment for my good ideas?

I accept R6 bux and renown boosters as payment.

I'm staying the hell away from confirming/denying any potential leaks whether they be true or not but as for calling it, with the amount of ''suggestions'' going on theres bound for a few ideas to hit the mark from time to time.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Hard! Hard!

Can you comment on the rumor that Tachanaka will be able walk with and shoot his turret in third person?

Hard!

Do you want to make a statement!?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Hard posted:

I'm staying the hell away from confirming/denying any potential leaks whether they be true or not but as for calling it, with the amount of ''suggestions'' going on theres bound for a few ideas to hit the mark from time to time.

Thanks for taking my suggestion of adding Teemo shrooms to the game.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"
I had a match last night where the enemy Caviera was -10500 points by the time the match started because all she did was teamkill someone and then down and pick up the hostage over and over again. You'd think it would kick/ban people at oh I dunno, negative 1000 points but I guess not.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sterling_Archer posted:

I had a match last night where the enemy Caviera was -10500 points by the time the match started because all she did was teamkill someone and then down and pick up the hostage over and over again. You'd think it would kick/ban people at oh I dunno, negative 1000 points but I guess not.

You can't down someone more than two (three?) times in a round. As for Hostage it doesn't really affect you being on the opposite team. I mean one could argue that you could damage the hostage up to the point that a single shot would down him but this strat always been more trouble than it's worth.

If he were toxic / not grouped with the rest of his team they could have kicked him unless it was on match point.

I'm not saying this is the best solution but I don't consider what you've described as a huge problem.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Could you not just have enough people in a team to keep those kind of people from getting kicked? I know I've seen it before whenever a 3-man team decides their pugs are no good.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Ularg posted:

Could you not just have enough people in a team to keep those kind of people from getting kicked? I know I've seen it before whenever a 3-man team decides their pugs are no good.

In this case Caviera was on the enemy team with a friend of his, so they both teamkilled one guy each and then cav went to work bothering the hostage. The fifth guy on their team saw the shitshow and quit the match. It ended up being an easy 3:0 because there wasn't much of a team to fight. And the other people couldn't get the 4 votes to kick anyone since it was a 2 man group with an assortment of sad pubbies.

I get that hard considers people ruining matches a non-issue but it's kind of lovely that 2 people can ruin the match for 8 people without much effort and the game doesn't have a sense of "Hey maybe negative 10k points and teamkills are bad and should be punished with a kick/temp ban."

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i down the hostage a lot for laughs as cav because the pistol

but you can seriously use it in casual to confuse op4 when they are nearing the hostage

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Don't you get kicked for 2 teamkills anyway?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Deltasquid posted:

Don't you get kicked for 2 teamkills anyway?

It is not a TK when cav downs the hostage. It is a down.

It is annoying as gently caress because all you hear is "enemies downed the hostage!" over and over.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sterling_Archer posted:

I get that hard considers people ruining matches a non-issue but it's kind of lovely that 2 people can ruin the match for 8 people without much effort and the game doesn't have a sense of "Hey maybe negative 10k points and teamkills are bad and should be punished with a kick/temp ban."

Nice sass, i was referring to the -1000 point issue and you didn't mention she had a friend doing the same thing but hey you do you.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Hard posted:

Nice sass, i was referring to the -1000 point issue and you didn't mention she had a friend doing the same thing but hey you do you.

The -1000 point issue IS the issue, as in players ruining matches for 8+ other people for kicks. But hey stick to the flippant responses (Clearly better at it than game development).

Sterling_Archer fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 15, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

did this cause you to derank or something?

i see griefing every now and then in this game but it isn't so bad really. the most game breaking stuff lately have been valk's permanent spotting thing on that one map and recently i've been seeing doc's use infinite healing needles with zero reload speed but both times they were funny about it and also healed the enemy basically shooting everyone they saw on sight with it

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Sterling_Archer posted:

The -1000 point issue IS the issue, as in players ruining matches for 8+ other people for kicks. But hey stick to the flippant responses (Clearly better at it than game development).

how did it ruin the match? it gives you an advantage if anything, it lets you know exactly where caveira is. i agree it should probably be fixed but this is like the most minuscule of issues

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Koramei posted:

how did it ruin the match? it gives you an advantage if anything, it lets you know exactly where caveira is. i agree it should probably be fixed but this is like the most minuscule of issues

Dunno how that whiney little baby gets through a match without being triggered by a "ggez" with his attitude. DON'T YOU TALK TO HARD THAT WAY. HE'S OUR PUNCHING BAG.

Seriously uninstall and don't post in this thread again.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

lmao. When did this become the Ubisoft employee jerkoff thread and not any other thread in Games where people post things about games, to include problems with the game?

It ruined the match by making it a very boring 3:0.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sterling_Archer posted:

lmao. When did this become the Ubisoft employee jerkoff thread and not any other thread in Games where people post things about games, to include problems with the game?

They're not jerkoffs, they just have the ability to have a proper discussion instead of going for things like :

Sterling_Archer posted:

But hey stick to the flippant responses (Clearly better at it than game development).

Everybody keeps making GBS threads on the game and/or me but It's like you're actually offended for real because I didn't reply with what you wanted me to say.

Sterling_Archer posted:

See i guess this is where we're having a different opinion because to me this situation is not ruining my casual match. I'll shoot, vote kick, troll or report them. Keep in mind that i'm not on an official mission here, I'm just a goon who happens to works on this game and share some insights.
Not because i said that I didn't care about some fuckbois shooting the hostages that it means that the whole production doesn't care and that it will never get fixed.

If i were to deconstruct my initial reply to your -1000 issue: There are counter measures in place for this, granted not the best ones but it's not like there was nothing done. To be fair your negative score threshold was not a bad idea it's just a matter of seeing if it would really fix this particular issue.

Now take a chill pill.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i can't be mad at the devs because they have added literally everything i ever really wanted from hot babes to alpha pack legendary MLG skins

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Thief posted:

i can't be mad at the devs because they have added literally everything i ever really wanted from hot babes to alpha pack legendary MLG skins

They even added in the :cumpolice: operator I suggested months ago complete with clue-gu.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
A lot of the subjects you guys were mad about got discussed internally.

I usually relay a lot of stuff that i read here let it be good, bad or ugly. As long as it sounds more constructive feedback than autistic screeching.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
good, then i eagerly await year 3 where every operator is a real beefy boy

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

An operator who can only go through breached walls because they're too buff to get through normal doorways. His upside is that he's a mobile flash grenade 'cause he's sooooooo good looking.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

good, then i eagerly await year 3 where every operator is a real beefy boy

I have a leaked image of the Mexican operators:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

ten_twentyfour posted:

Dunno how that whiney little baby gets through a match without being triggered by a "ggez" with his attitude. DON'T YOU TALK TO HARD THAT WAY. HE'S OUR PUNCHING BAG.

Seriously uninstall and don't post in this thread again.

Hey now don't bring me into this just cause "ggez" makes me tilt.

Anyway, I thought the alpha pack thing was too good to be true. That the percentage thing was just a way to make us feel better and it wouldn't ever even get close to hitting a roll until like 50% but I'll be damned I got an Alpha Pack at 30% roll.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Sterling_Archer posted:

You know that saying that if everyone around you is an rear end in a top hat, you're the rear end in a top hat?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

thanks in advance for copy/pasting the assassins creed rope dart into the chinese secondary weapon selection

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
They should add a champ with a grappling hook who can climb up through open hatches. They could call him Hoisty.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

CJ posted:

They should add a champ with a grappling hook who can climb up through open hatches. They could call him Hoisty.

Even though that's part jokey I would love an attacker that can boobytrap the bottom of hatches. Actually makes the floor hatches in objective rooms interesting besides having someone sit there with a shotgun all round.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZtNbEqWcHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwf62Ac-lo4

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Holy gently caress, Hard, I just got an Alpha Pack at 9%. I really wish my mind didn't shut off when that happened so I got the screenshot.

(which muzzle attachment for Beard's SR-25 DMR should I use? Is Suppressor okay?)

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

personally tend to just use the single shot attachment (flash hider iirc?) for BB because he is good at face to face peeks and if you're gonna regularly risk tanking shots to the face you'll prolly wanna return as much damage as possible with every joust

people will tell you silencers suck and are bad but if you are under diamond they are cool and good if you wanna play hit and run tactics

i use them on bucks DMR and it does just fine so check it out and have fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My second pack ever was a 2%.

• Locked thread