Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Personally I respect PSG and their oil money far more than Barcelona's accomplishments being in a league where it's literally impossible for them to finish below third. Isn't this the club that can rack up endless debt because it would be suicide for any Spanish bank to try to default on their loans? Or is that someone else? Regardless, I am glad PSG has granted us at least a temporary reprieve from the endless Barcelona circlejerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

bewbies posted:

PSG will dominate championship-level competition every week in L1, then deploy 8 attacking players and a couple of mediocre center backs in a CL match and lose to shakhtar or something

Shakhtar own

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Brony Car posted:

Liverpool seem to be linked with Jean Seri now:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/14/liverpool-jean-seri-nice-midfielder

He has chilblains, though, which makes it sound like English weather might be really bad for him.

They read my cool and good posts

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Someone post the pic of the psg owner looking furious after they got knocked out of the champions league

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

ayb posted:

Someone post the pic of the psg owner looking furious after they got knocked out of the champions league

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Hoops posted:

I hope PSG absolutely batter Barcelona, and Real Madrid, and United/City/Chelsea, to show them the horrors of what they more than anyone have created.

Like the monster murdering Dr. Frankenstein

But this moment was City stealing the title from United, City are a cool, good Frankenstein, not a bad, evil Frankenstein.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Aston Villa also has an actual Champions League title and was sold last year for barely more than a Kyle Walker.

No, they have a European Cup.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

lol, goddamn

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/14/premier-league-shorter-transfer-window-meeting-7-september

quote:

Premier League clubs are set to discuss a landmark change to the transfer window which could end domestic player movement before the start of the season.

Representatives from the 20 top-flight clubs will attend next month’s shareholders’ meeting with a majority believed to be in favour of a new deadline which would stop managers bringing players in once a season has begun.

Talks are at an advanced stage and the move could be implemented next year if the vote gets a two-thirds majority. Watford are believed to be one of the few to oppose the plan but a large number are said to be broadly in favour. It remains unclear, however, whether the required threshold of 14 would be reached.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

This is both cool and good, for players and fans.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gil Dias just joined Fiorentina. Any words about him?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

West Brom are signing Gareth Barry lol

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Gaz Baz owns

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

What's the Barry Hunter up to these days?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Apparently Barca and Dortmund have agreed a 90m fee for Dembele

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Blimey, the football money equivalent of about 4 quid, bargain

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Uhh what happened to the reported €130m or whatever

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

CyberPingu posted:

What source are you looking at? I only see this story coming from thebMirror ajd the Sun.

If this is accurate, is it 90 million GBP or Euros? It seems like Dortmund were valuing Dembele at around 135 million Euros so either way this is a big price drop if true. Then again, thr Mirror says Dortmund is trying to put on about 30,000,000 in add-ons as well.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
According to the telegraph City will bid £60m for Alexis. As if they need more attackers

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
according to sources, PSG is seeking to buy manchester united outright, to serve as a feeder club and social media affiliate

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Brony Car posted:

What source are you looking at? I only see this story coming from thebMirror ajd the Sun.

If this is accurate, is it 90 million GBP or Euros? It seems like Dortmund were valuing Dembele at around 135 million Euros so either way this is a big price drop if true. Then again, thr Mirror says Dortmund is trying to put on about 30,000,000 in add-ons as well.

Yeah it was in a linked article on BBC that i cant find now so may have been removed. It was £90m

Oh, no its still up
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/841159/Barcelona-Neymar-Ousmane-Dembele-transfer-fee-summer-deal

bewbies posted:

according to sources, PSG is seeking to buy manchester united outright, to serve as a feeder club and social media affiliate

Big, if true.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bewbies posted:

That would own for the sheer :pwn:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

vyelkin posted:

I hope next Qatar try just buying every other football club in the world and forcing them to play bad players so PSG can win a Champions League

Haha fortunately Uefa are really strong on different teams owned by the same people playing in the Champions League

Oh...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Haha fortunately Uefa are really strong on different teams owned by the same people playing in the Champions League

Oh...

Isn't Leipzig owned by a small group of Red Bull employees and not Red Bull directly?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

wicka posted:

Isn't Leipzig owned by a small group of Red Bull employees and not Red Bull directly?

Red Bull owns 99% of the shares but officially the club is run by a board of club members.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Leipzig was the club red bull factory workers started back in the late 1800s. I remember my grandpa getting back from the night shift on Saturday morning tired and stinking of red bull but he would always find the energy to take us to the match

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/beINSPORTS/stat...s-live-13476986

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

But theres only 10 teams in favour for there

:thunk:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Teams like City and Chelsea surely vote against because they are more likely to be unsettling other teams for their players rather than being unsettled themselves. The added days of the transfer window is good for them, not bad.

No clue why Burnley, Huddersfield or Newcastle would vote against, though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Vegetable posted:

Teams like City and Chelsea surely vote against because they are more likely to be unsettling other teams for their players rather than being unsettled themselves. The added days of the transfer window is good for them, not bad.

They need those extra days to buy who's left.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

CyberPingu posted:

But theres only 10 teams in favour for there

:thunk:

I think it means 14 have to vote in favour for it to pass. 10 have currently voted in favour, 5 are undecided

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

What do they need to enact the change? Just a majority?

E: never mind

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Leipzig was the club red bull factory workers started back in the late 1800s. I remember my grandpa getting back from the night shift on Saturday morning tired and stinking of red bull but he would always find the energy to take us to the match

lol

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

People really worked harder back then, makes you think

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Barca should probably buy some good players IMO

Right now they are a shambles

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vegetable posted:

They need the extra days to fleece the big clubs for a few extra million for someone they were going to sell weeks ago.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Barca should probably buy some good players IMO

Right now they are a shambles

Someone to replace Pique, he looked past it against Madrid.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MrBling posted:

Red Bull owns 99% of the shares but officially the club is run by a board of club members.

How do they get around the DFL's ownership rules? I thought that kinda thing wasn't allowed.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

What's the point of closing the transfer window before the season starts when it's only the premier league doing it? Barca could still buy Coutinho and the only thing it changes is that Liverpool can't get a replacement due to the window, instead of just being unable to attract anyone to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

This only based on BeIn sources and I'd be REALLY surprised if Liverpool didn't vote for, Klopp has made it well known he hates the transfer window going in this far (definitely not because of Coutinho...)

I think it's a good idea but needs to be enacted Uefa-wide to make a big different. I would be interested to know how many "big" European transfers are triggered by English clubs though, because stopping us buy (just as an example) someone like Keita at this stage would then have a knock on effect throughout Europe as RB have to buy someone else and so on...

• Locked thread