Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coldforge posted:

Are there still Jaguars fans? Here, or in general?

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/897473291950186496

(Bortles is the QB on the throw. Be sure to play it to the end)

Yes, to both. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hahaha

"Keep that poo poo in bounds...

...drat bro."

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

quote:

Luke Jones‏ @BaltimoreLuke 1m1 minute ago
More
Ronnie Stanley is absent from practice for the third straight day. Doesn't bode well for his availability for Thursday night. #Ravens

It's unclear whether the Ravens will be using an offensive line this year

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

dolphins/ravens this thursday will be the first televised wheelchair football league game

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bold decision for the Ravens to play ironman on the line this year.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Grittybeard posted:

Does he DO THAT ALL THE TIME or is it reserved for TERRIBLE injuries?

TORE HIS ACHILLES OUT.

BLAKE BORTLES KILLED it in A MAN coverage drill today BY SHOWING OFF HIS IMPRESSIVE rapport with receiver Allen Robinson, who went the LENGTH of the field for what would have been a 98-yard touchdown.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 15, 2017

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/SageRosenfels18/status/897505470998429696

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
You know it's time to hang 'em up when Fumblecopter is throwing shade at you

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Mulaney Power Move posted:

dolphins/ravens this thursday will be the first televised wheelchair football league game

Probably the only preseason game the starters play the whole way through too

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Kelvin's revenge is in full effect Miami.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

Kelvin's revenge is in full effect Miami.

What's that? The morning shits after a late night Krystal's run?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If there was a Luck level qb coming out, I'd want the Jags to tank for him, but they'd gently caress that up. :smith:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Randaconda posted:

If there was a Luck level qb coming out, I'd want the Jags to tank for him, but they'd gently caress that up. :smith:

Some organizations get lucky. When Denver tanks they get a Von Miller, not a Dion Jordan

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

Some organizations get lucky. When Denver tanks they get a Von Miller, not a Dion Jordan

Lol, not talking poo poo but it's funny coming from a Raiders fan. e: although I suppose the Raiders didn't plan to tank

I am still not mentally nor physically prepared for the coming onslaught

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

What's that? The morning shits after a late night Krystal's run?

I haven't been to Charlotte in a while but do they have Krystal's there now?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Eli Wiggum posted:

You know it's time to hang 'em up when Fumblecopter is throwing shade at you
No joke, but he's a pro-Twitter follow.
In any case: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000829966/article/bills-gm-brandon-beane-annoyed-by-tanking-talk
Bills GM Brandon Beane is pissed people think the Bills are tanking. I mean, how could you look at essentially swapping Sammy Watkins for Jordan Matthews and Ronald Darby for E.J. Gaines, and think the team isn't going to win this year?
His central argument seems to be that we signed Anquan Boldin. By that logic, the Jets aren't tanking because they signed Josh McCown.
In any case, it's cool. The Buffalo Bills as currently constituted are laden with bad contracts and an irrational distrust of Tyrod Taylor, so we all know we're not winning now. or ever

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Lol, not talking poo poo but it's funny coming from a Raiders fan. e: although I suppose the Raiders didn't plan to tank

I am still not mentally nor physically prepared for the coming onslaught

Idgi, are you referring to the season where we finished last and got JaMarcus, or the season where we started 0-10 then won 3 of our last 6 games bumping us back to 4th so we got Amari Cooper instead of Winston/Mariota?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders vitriol rarely makes sense, let these basic bitches cast their stones at the throne

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 16, 2017

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

Raiders vitriol rarely makes sense, let these basic bitches cast their stones at the throne

I like the Raiders only for the fact that you can immediately tell who is white trash in the Midwest by who wears their poo poo.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Bills aren't tanking because "tanking" implies that you have a plan or longterm vision to eventually build a contender, and lol at the Bills ever having a plan.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Raiders never tanked, they were just loving bad

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

a neat cape posted:

The Raiders never tanked, they were just loving bad

This is true.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

His central argument seems to be that we signed Anquan Boldin. By that logic, the Jets aren't tanking because they signed Josh McCown.

I mean, Anquan Boldin was once a good player at least?

I believe he has a point that the Bills aren't tanking as much as the Jets are, but that's stepping over a bar that's buried in the ground.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Randaconda posted:

Sam Darnold.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

Idgi, are you referring to the season where we finished last and got JaMarcus, or the season where we started 0-10 then won 3 of our last 6 games bumping us back to 4th so we got Amari Cooper instead of Winston/Mariota?

I brain farted hard and thought Carr was a 1st whoops

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Roasted Donut posted:

Sam Darnold.

USC quarterback, questionable surname, I'd consider in the 2nd round.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roasted Donut posted:

Sam Darnold.

If we can, might as well. Can't be worse than what we have.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Jacksonville just needs to sign Kap.

C'mon Khan, make it happen!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

zimbomonkey posted:

I haven't been to Charlotte in a while but do they have Krystal's there now?

There's a Del Taco that just opened in Columbia SC, which means Del Taco on the east coast :pusheen:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CannonFodder posted:

There's a Del Taco that just opened in Columbia SC, which means Del Taco on the east coast :pusheen:
I will be in Columbia SC on Monday, what is so special about Del Taco?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

Sam Darnold.

Not even the best QB in the pac 12 south

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Randaconda posted:

They got Justin Blackmon that year, just as good. At least they didin't draft T Rich or RG3.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I will be in Columbia SC on Monday, what is so special about Del Taco?

A slightly healthier Taco Bell. The best one is in Barstow in California. The original owner still runs his first shop himself. Better quality food, bigger portions, and they serve you at your table. I usually avoid it otherwise but it is also excellent drunk food too

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Elephanthead posted:

They got Justin Blackmon that year, just as good. At least they didin't draft T Rich or RG3.
The Jaguars played the Colts at the end if the year prior to that draft, and won. Had they lost, I think they would have had the#1 pick it at least the Colts would not have.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

A slightly healthier Taco Bell. The best one is in Barstow in California. The original owner still runs his first shop himself. Better quality food, bigger portions, and they serve you at your table. I usually avoid it otherwise but it is also excellent drunk food too
Ah okay cool, thank you. I doubt we will go out of our way for that but if we see it I may just have to go.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers and tits had a practice today

https://twitter.com/RRiotReport/status/897847074800193536

Peppers + KK is going to be something this year

https://twitter.com/PanthersMax/status/897858076643958785

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

we've had del tacos in orlando for since i've lived here (about 2 years) at least

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers and tits had a practice today

https://twitter.com/RRiotReport/status/897847074800193536

Peppers + KK is going to be something this year

https://twitter.com/PanthersMax/status/897858076643958785

Awwww yiss

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Del Taco owns

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

quote:

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Atlanta Falcons rookie defensive back Damontee Kazee is a tough critic.

After a hot start to training camp, which included a couple interceptions, the fifth-round draft pick from San Diego State gave himself a ``D'' for a grade. Although Falcons coach Dan Quinn praised Kazee's play on special teams and on defense during last Thursday's 23-20 exhibition loss at Miami, Kazee was far from satisfied.

"I give it a low C, just looking at the film," Kazee said of his first live action as a Falcon. "I've got to get better in technique areas and everything. The speed was there, but my technique wasn't. I need to get better."

When Kazee joined the Falcons, the coaches had plans to play him at both nickel back and free safety after he played primarily outside at right cornerback in college. The experiment didn't last long as he eventually found himself solely at free safety with the second unit.

"It feels better, just focusing on one thing," Kazee said. "I could learn that position."

The Falcons certainly need to establish some depth behind starter Ricardo Allen, who played 1,050 snaps in 16 regular-season games last season and played 98 of 99 defensive snaps in a 34-28 overtime loss to New England in Super Bowl LI. Allen was limited some during training camp with a sore shoulder and so was starting strong safety Keanu Neal (strain), allowing Kazee to gets some first-team reps.

Kazee is more than willing to serve as Allen's understudy.

"He's a mentor," Kazee said of Allen. "I love Rico. He brings good energy. He's like my big brother out there."

Naturally, Kazee wants to contribute on defense wherever he can this season. The Falcons know he has ball-hawking ability, as he nearly picked off a third pass on the final day of training camp. Kazee set a San Diego State record with 17 career interceptions.

But as the regular season approaches, Kazee knows he has to do the bulk of his dirty work on special teams. Quinn already praised Kazee's physicality, and that will be a great asset when the 5-foot-11, 190-pound rookie is trying to make a play on special teams.

"People just think I'm small and I don't come with a hit or nothing," Kazee said. "But I'm very physical. I like to fight. I like to hit."

I love Damontee Kazee. Go Falcons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He got torched so I'd concur

Edit wait wasn't he the guy who gave up a 99 yard td

• Locked thread