Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If your crew-mates aren't drooling imbeciles, they'll be spamming "THIS WAY" the moment it pops out.

My crewmates are always drooling imbeciles who don't loving come when I spam THIS WAY.
I downgraded from Profreshional back to Overachiever because of like 5 straight matches with idiots who acted like they somehow never played a Goldie or Mothership round and couldn't be bothered to go around to scoop up the pile of eggs I Stingray'd out of the Goldie, or to shoot the goddamn chinooks. Just left the eggs sitting there.

What is it with people that play objective modes yet have no interest in accomplishing the objective? Rainmaker seems the worst about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Inescapable Duck posted:

I don't think these kind of games usually have characters get actively angry even at your miserable failure. Probably because they don't need to encourage the players to take it out on each other, the Switch, nearby pets and loved ones, etc.

Iirc didnt they have to tone down mr resetti in animal crossing because having the character yelling at them freaked out little children playing the game? Same deal here I imagine.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They had a notice in the manual for New Leaf that Resetti might be quite upsetting to the little ones.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Yo if anyone has the flip-flops with object shredder on them, lemme know would ya?

trying to perfect my beach outfit.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Zeruel posted:

Yo if anyone has the flip-flops with object shredder on them, lemme know would ya?

trying to perfect my beach outfit.

I've got them I can hook you up later.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm bad enough at Salmon Run/play it rarely enough that I've never had a Goldie or Mothership round and all these posts make em seem really scary and overwhelming lol

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

JackDarko posted:

I've got them I can hook you up later.

Cool, my friend code is SW 6431-2358-9609. I'm heading to bed right now, just let me know when you're online.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm bad enough at Salmon Run/play it rarely enough that I've never had a Goldie or Mothership round and all these posts make em seem really scary and overwhelming lol

The first few times yeah but it's a video game you get the rhythm of it. The Mothership this last round was particularly bad to play though cause the weapons were pretty much the worse ones to have for it.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I liked the e liter 3k for the mothership waves. It's range meant you could hit a ton more carriers than usual and you don't need a full charge to kill them.

That's the only good thing I have to say about that set though :v:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Perhaps it's been a while since I got a Charger on a Griller stage, but I liked how one shot from the E-Liter was ebough damage to stop one. The extra damage is nice.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

They're frankly more of the less threatening waves, to the point of having the opposite problem. No boss salmoids spawn during them so there can just be a lot of wasted time between finding goldie/ getting the little flying jerks to drop a crate close to you so you can splat them for an egg.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Tengames posted:

They're frankly more of the less threatening waves, to the point of having the opposite problem. No boss salmoids spawn during them so there can just be a lot of wasted time between finding goldie/ getting the little flying jerks to drop a crate close to you so you can splat them for an egg.

With this past loadout you specifically need your brush/roller to run around collecting eggs and doing crowd control while your N-Zap and E-Liter pop chinooks and the mother ship itself. Shooting the mother ship with the stringray on its way in leaves a trail of eggs - if its wave 1 or 2 you probably want to do this once to get the boost or both times if you want a 30+ egg round.

Goldies, people are slowly starting to figure out. The problem is when people go and hit every geyser you end up with a pretty sizeable crowd that your roller/brush are going to have trouble managing without help - help that distracts from actually getting eggs.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Is there any way to see where the Goldie might be without bashing a few gushers open?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nephzinho posted:

Goldies, people are slowly starting to figure out. The problem is when people go and hit every geyser you end up with a pretty sizeable crowd that your roller/brush are going to have trouble managing without help - help that distracts from actually getting eggs.

Even then, it's still a crapshoot as to how long it takes to find the drat Goldie, because you're poking around three Gushers apiece. On top of dealing with Salmonids from the failures, you also need to hope like hell it's somewhere relatively close to the Basket and that the rest of your crew isn't spread out to the far corners of the map. It's a death of a thousand little failures in basic game design that just will not work unless multiple acts of random chance fall in your favour.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really hope they change the Goldie geyser round because after 100 hours it's the only thing I don't like in Splatoon 2

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Even then, it's still a crapshoot as to how long it takes to find the drat Goldie, because you're poking around three Gushers apiece. On top of dealing with Salmonids from the failures, you also need to hope like hell it's somewhere relatively close to the Basket and that the rest of your crew isn't spread out to the far corners of the map. It's a death of a thousand little failures in basic game design that just will not work unless multiple acts of random chance fall in your favour.

Yes, Goldie is a poo poo design even in the best case. There have been a few freak rounds of 30+ eggs where its high tide and we find it first hit 3-4 times in a row.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nephzinho posted:

Yes, Goldie is a poo poo design even in the best case. There have been a few freak rounds of 30+ eggs where its high tide and we find it first hit 3-4 times in a row.

High Tide also drastically increases your odds of finding the loving thing in a reasonable amount of time between four people. Assuming they actually disperse properly to check them all.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Yeah I did the most work this Salmon Run with the charger. I was actually ecstatic when I received it, I did not like the octo brush or flingza.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
A Tale of Rock Bottom:

I considered making a new account for this to remain anonymous, but I want other Inklings to know the real risks of this "game" we play. You can't hide from the Stingray. It will find you and there will be a reckoning like you never eelieved possible.

So I'm a pretty regular poker player, solid winner long-term, but came home lateish last night after a medium-sized loss of $500. A bit of bad luck, a bit of bad play, so goes poker sometimes but it hurts worse right after, of course.

I get home and think "Hey I'll play some Splatoon 2, that'll take my mind off of poker. Oh hell yes, Rainmaker is the Ranked Battle for the next hour!"

I win my first few games and get my ranking meter filled almost completely to the end, definitely one win away from moving from A to A+ with only one crack.

"Ok let's finish this!" laughed Deltron 3030.

Lose a couple battles. *crack*

"Heh... Just gotta win one I still got this!" *crack*

"Ok... Put on your freshest gear and loving finish this," rasped Deltron 3030.

*SHATTER*

"Oh God... What have I done? Wait, Salmon Run is still open. I'm at 0/99 as a Profreshional. I'll probably just loving blow it, I'm terrible with this weapon rotation and it's what I deserve."

*second wave Wiped, demoted to Over-achiever*

The rest of the night is pretty hazy, but I woke up to a scene of mayhem with Long John Silver's calamari boxes everywhere, trails of cocktail sauce running to and from the bathroom, ink-soaked paint brushes littering the floor like a carpet of syringes.

Judd, give me the strength to recharge my ink and Booyah to those I have Ouched against in these decadent times. Help me to see the light at the end of the tower.

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 15, 2017

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Deltron 3030 posted:

A Tale of Rock Bottom:

I considered making a new account for this to remain anonymous, but I want other Inklings to know the real risks of this "game" we play. You can't hide from the Stingray. It will find you and there will be a reckoning like you never eelieved possible.

So I'm a pretty regular poker player, solid winner long-term, but came home lateish last night after a medium-sized loss of $500. A bit of bad luck, a bit of bad play, so goes poker sometimes but it hurts worse right after, of course.

I get home and think "Hey I'll play some Splatoon 2, that'll take my mind off of poker. Oh hell yes, Rainmaker is the Ranked Battle for the next hour!"

I win my first few games and get my ranking meter filled almost completely to the end, definitely one win away from moving from A to A+ with only one crack.

"Ok let's finish this!" laughed Deltron 3030.

Lose a couple battles. *crack*

"Heh... Just gotta win one I still got this!" *crack*

"Ok... Put on your freshest gear and loving finish this," rasped Deltron 3030.

*SHATTER*

"Oh God... What have I done? Wait, Salmon Run is still open. I'm at 0/99 as a Profreshional. I'll probably just loving blow it, I'm terrible with this weapon rotation and it's what I deserve."

*second wave Wiped, demoted to Over-achiever*

The rest of the night is pretty hazy, but I woke up to a scene of mayhem with Long John Silver's calamari boxes everywhere, trails of cocktail sauce running to and from the bathroom, ink-soaked paint brushes littering the floor like a carpet of syringes.

Judd, give me the strength to recharge my ink and Booyah to those I have Ouched against in these decadent times. Help me to see the light at the end of the tower.

Psyonically, bionically forget how you feel

and try again tomorrow

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I should eat fried Calliemarie with cocktail sauce (blood) when I'm sucking at Spla2n too

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lakbay posted:

I should eat fried Calliemarie with cocktail sauce (blood) when I'm sucking at Spla2n too

I'm sorry, but mayonnaise won so you have to use a white sauce and not a red one.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Remember to join the goon discord if you haven't already. We start up entire turf war rooms and it's fun when it rotates team members among us

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Not a Children posted:

Psyonically, bionically forget how you feel

and try again tomorrow

:yeah:

I know now, I know now.

What is splatted may never splat. But rises again fresher and stronger.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

You get a Hero Replica set of gear and a 2x XP meal ticket when you complete all levels once, in addition to the ability to use the Squid Sisters amiibo.
You get a 1.5x XP or G meal ticket when you complete a level with all weapons.
You get a Hero Replica weapon unlock when you complete all levels with a weapon.
You get the ability to buy 1.5x meal tickets for 1500 eggs after purchasing all upgrades.
There is no further reward for 1000% completion.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Escobarbarian posted:

The griller round is a hundred times worse than both of them.

Grillers are the one thing I cannot consistently beat. Most of the time them showing up means a dead run.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

After we get enough eggs from grillers I just go up and down a wall till it's over with, it's too easy for one moron to tailgate one and die leading to wipe.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

tap my mountain posted:

After we get enough eggs from grillers I just go up and down a wall till it's over with, it's too easy for one moron to tailgate one and die leading to wipe.

If you're at Marooner's Bay, get on one of the elevators. Grillers cannot go on them, so the only thing you would have to worry about are the Small Fry.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Meeting quota is always the problem. Like if you get a griller round and need 15 eggs that requires killing 5 grillers, and after the second they start showing up in pairs. As soon as two are on the map it all falls apart. We struggle to survive and never kill the grillers fast enough to meet the quota. Its so easy for someone to die because they aren't watching the movements of the tagged player and get killed by the griller suddenly turning around. Then you get stuck in a desperate situation where you need to find a way to revive the other players which wastes a ton of time.

Its just so much harder than everything else.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Meeting quota is always the problem. Like if you get a griller round and need 15 eggs that requires killing 5 grillers, and after the second they start showing up in pairs. As soon as two are on the map it all falls apart. We struggle to survive and never kill the grillers fast enough to meet the quota. Its so easy for someone to die because they aren't watching the movements of the tagged player and get killed by the griller suddenly turning around. Then you get stuck in a desperate situation where you need to find a way to revive the other players which wastes a ton of time.

Its just so much harder than everything else.

The trick is not to get grillers on the third wave :downs:

If a griller suddenly turning around kills somebody that means they were following too closely

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

tap my mountain posted:

The trick is not to get grillers on the third wave :downs:

If a griller suddenly turning around kills somebody that means they were following too closely

Usually but some weapons have such poor range you kind of have to be right on the griller to hit the weak point.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Usually but some weapons have such poor range you kind of have to be right on the griller to hit the weak point.

If you end up with the something short-range you should be focusing on the chum and only attacking the grillers if there's only one still or you're at a high altitude.

Chasing immediately behind it is too risky, I see too many pubs doing exactly that and getting eaten quickly.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Also there are spots on both maps that let you kite a griller endlessly if you took the time ahead to paint the verticals. You can literally kill your own griller with careful kiting.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

A round of people not learning from their mistakes.

https://twitter.com/Todd_Spengo/status/897595114671013889

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to start reporting my team mates if we don't get KOs in 4v3 matches.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Tengames posted:

Iirc didnt they have to tone down mr resetti in animal crossing because having the character yelling at them freaked out little children playing the game? Same deal here I imagine.

They made him optional by having to build a reset center in your town instead of always present, it was pretty funny how it was presented as he showed up super depressed because he was out of work.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
When Mr. Resseti said he was gonna reset my game I thought he meant erase my entire save file. I was utterly terrified of him because of that.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Internet Kraken posted:

When Mr. Resseti said he was gonna reset my game I thought he meant erase my entire save file. I was utterly terrified of him because of that.

I got really scared when the screen actually goes black in the Gamecube version - I'm really happy they only keep that screen up for like five seconds.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

In Training posted:

I'm going to start reporting my team mates if we don't get KOs in 4v3 matches.

I got one last night being on the 3 side.:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I got one last night being on the 3 side.:smug:

That's a really good feeling, it happened to me once but I think it was still in C rank.