Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Inco posted:

I was excited to play Automata, but the gameplay just... isn't there. I know it's kind of pared-down from, say, Bayonetta or MGR, but it's just far too easy, and a lot of the battles are either over in seconds and I take no damage (even if I'm just mashing buttons), or they're battles that I'm not supposed to win (see: the gold-coloured Machines or the Robo Dojo quest I clearly started far too early and spent a literal 45 minutes beating up on before he went down). The lack of any real enemy variety is also a major problem. The nature of the sidequests wore me down a ton as well. I'm just past The Forest Kingdom quest and I don't care to play the game anymore.

Yeah. Same. I felt that a lot of the shades from the first one were pretty samey too - but they had really cool designs and effects going on with that weird gibberish, and the fact that they took damage from sunlight was really cool.

I also had kind of similar problem that I had with Xenoblade X, in that I found the "fantasyish" elements a lot more enjoyable then the sci-fi/realistic hybrid setting.
Although unlike X, Automata doesn't have any songs that make me feel embarrassed for playing from the time I spent with it.

Also those loving weird drill snake things. Like if the robots stopped building every other machine and just focused on those things - the war would have been over ages ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

The Moon Monster posted:

The second playthrough is worth actually doing since there are changes throughout, but after that ll that changes is the ending so just youtube it.

i already did gretel and the tree for the c route. i'll power through it since i did all but one of the sidequests already.

Inco posted:

I was excited to play Automata, but the gameplay just... isn't there. I know it's kind of pared-down from, say, Bayonetta or MGR, but it's just far too easy, and a lot of the battles are either over in seconds and I take no damage (even if I'm just mashing buttons), or they're battles that I'm not supposed to win (see: the gold-coloured Machines or the Robo Dojo quest I clearly started far too early and spent a literal 45 minutes beating up on before he went down). The lack of any real enemy variety is also a major problem. The nature of the sidequests wore me down a ton as well. I'm just past The Forest Kingdom quest and I don't care to play the game anymore.

seeing it as a platinum game, it's super easy on normal.

seeing it as a yoko taro game, the gameplay is a godsend.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

scarycave posted:

Also those loving weird drill snake things. Like if the robots stopped building every other machine and just focused on those things - the war would have been over ages ago.

Nines clowns on those guys so bad.

I think the Machines do a better job at being sympathetic enemies than the Shades. They've got that blank slate appeal to their faces where you can project any kind of emotion on them.

Also taunting them causes a cute sight gag.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

scarycave posted:

Yeah. Same. I felt that a lot of the shades from the first one were pretty samey too - but they had really cool designs and effects going on with that weird gibberish, and the fact that they took damage from sunlight was really cool.

I also had kind of similar problem that I had with Xenoblade X, in that I found the "fantasyish" elements a lot more enjoyable then the sci-fi/realistic hybrid setting.
Although unlike X, Automata doesn't have any songs that make me feel embarrassed for playing from the time I spent with it.

Man, I never even got to the part where Shades show up. I'm, like, level 30 as 2B and just met A2.

edit: whoops, misread the post

Inco has a new favorite as of 22:22 on Aug 13, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Inco posted:

Man, I never even got to the part where Shades show up. I'm, like, level 30 as 2B and just met A2.

You're playing a different game.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I think one of the dlc's I've seen has enemies turned into shades complete with glowy letters and bleeding.
Though I guess that's just an extra thing and doesn't tie into the story.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Nier (the first game, not Automata) is like some kind of weird experiment in which Yoko Taro tried to determine exactly how much patience players had, like, in general. Upgrading weapons, for example, is just... so unbelievably grindy. You could flat out finish entire chunks of the game in the time it takes to farm up materials to fully upgrade (or, hell, even partially upgrade) ONE weapon. This means that you basically end up picking one of the three weapon types (sword, greatsword, spear) and sticking with that the whole game, because there's no way in hell you're upgrading more than one of those things. Automata kind of went the opposite direction where upgrading weapons is super easy, to the point where I was able to fully upgrade most of them just from buying stuff from the secret shops without ever actually grinding for money - which is good, because movesets are way more diverse in Automata.

On a related note, I like how a lot of people started calling Nier: Automata just "Nier" (probably because they didn't play the first game, because nobody played the first game), so now every time "Nier" comes up, there's this brief confusion where it's not clear which one is being discussed.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Zinkraptor posted:

On a related note, I like how a lot of people started calling Nier: Automata just "Nier" (probably because they didn't play the first game, because nobody played the first game), so now every time "Nier" comes up, there's this brief confusion where it's not clear which one is being discussed.

I actually hate this and more people should have played the first one.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Zinkraptor posted:

i've been calling the second game automata bc no other title has been using it.

like revengeance.

the best weapon hands down is the pheonix spear. the lead pipe seems like a joke weapon considering the stat doesn't change after upgrading it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Zinkraptor posted:

Nier (the first game, not Automata) is like some kind of weird experiment in which Yoko Taro tried to determine exactly how much patience players had, like, in general. Upgrading weapons, for example, is just... so unbelievably grindy. You could flat out finish entire chunks of the game in the time it takes to farm up materials to fully upgrade (or, hell, even partially upgrade) ONE weapon. This means that you basically end up picking one of the three weapon types (sword, greatsword, spear) and sticking with that the whole game, because there's no way in hell you're upgrading more than one of those things. Automata kind of went the opposite direction where upgrading weapons is super easy, to the point where I was able to fully upgrade most of them just from buying stuff from the secret shops without ever actually grinding for money - which is good, because movesets are way more diverse in Automata.

I think it's more that Yoko Taro has an unsubtle disdain for people who play game to get all the cheevos and 100% completion rather than actually playing the game for what it is. You get literally nothing from upgrading weapons in Nier except an achivement, there aren't even weapon stories this time around. There's even an achivement to grow a flower through flower crossbreeding that has a 1% chance to appear and it has an IRL time requirement to grow these flowers. Some people have spent so much time setting their clocks ahead their PS3 wound up in like 2030 and still didn't get that flower to grow for their platinum achivement. In Drakengard to get the super duper secret final ending you had to unlock and upgrade all the weapons which had some really stupid requirements like waiting in a room for a few minutes for no reason. The ending involved your main character just getting shot out of the sky by a jet after beating a giant monster in a rhythm game in tokyo.

Action Tortoise posted:

i've been calling the second game automata bc no other title has been using it.

like revengeance.

the best weapon hands down is the pheonix spear. the lead pipe seems like a joke weapon considering the stat doesn't change after upgrading it.
In Nier? The pipe is just a callback to the opening sequence IIRC. What disappointed me is that it didn't also unlock a hobo nier costume. The phoenix spear is absolutely crazy, especially once you figure out the dash attack cancel combo that just makes you invincible and travel super fast.

In Automata the pipe is actually one of the best weapons.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Nuebot posted:

I think it's more that Yoko Taro has an unsubtle disdain for people who play game to get all the cheevos and 100% completion rather than actually playing the game for what it is. You get literally nothing from upgrading weapons in Nier except an achivement, there aren't even weapon stories this time around. There's even an achivement to grow a flower through flower crossbreeding that has a 1% chance to appear and it has an IRL time requirement to grow these flowers. Some people have spent so much time setting their clocks ahead their PS3 wound up in like 2030 and still didn't get that flower to grow for their platinum achivement. In Drakengard to get the super duper secret final ending you had to unlock and upgrade all the weapons which had some really stupid requirements like waiting in a room for a few minutes for no reason. The ending involved your main character just getting shot out of the sky by a jet after beating a giant monster in a rhythm game in tokyo.

In Nier? The pipe is just a callback to the opening sequence IIRC. What disappointed me is that it didn't also unlock a hobo nier costume. The phoenix spear is absolutely crazy, especially once you figure out the dash attack cancel combo that just makes you invincible and travel super fast.

In Automata the pipe is actually one of the best weapons.

yeah, i'm playing the first nier and the pipe doesn't look like it'll upgrade well. unless it's like the paddle in ninja gaiden and is the serious joke weapon.

the flower is the only sidequest i didn't complete. fishing was almost bs but it wasn't impossible.

also, there were supposed to be weapon stories, but time constraints prevented their inclusion. they're in the companion book Grimoire Noir.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Action Tortoise posted:

the flower is the only sidequest i didn't complete. fishing was almost bs but it wasn't impossible.

Same. I can't remember a single game where I've ever enjoyed real-time farming.
And while fishing can get kind of bad, I think the interactions between Nier and the fisherman (and Weiss - who won't stop scaring the fish!) make it absolutely worthwhile.
I would have been totally on board if they made fishing guy a fourth party member though I'm sure he'd still die.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Playing it again out of curiosity, I'm realizing why I abandoned Anno 2070 after only a few hours: its utter impenetrability. Not only am I generally not told how to do X and have to do guesswork on how to proceed, a lot of the time I'm dumped onto a screen and given no basic instruction on how to do it.

I just half-rage-half-meh quit when I was dumped onto a trade route screen with absolutely no knowledge on what the hell to do, what random name represents which base, and which base is in dire need of what thing.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Wellp PoE's new final act boss loving sucks to fight in melee. Like a third of the arena is a massive degen patch and the boss keeps sticking one where I have to be to attack him because I am there attacking him. I can't out-heal it so oh well. The select for res in town and res at checkpoint are also right on top of each other with no confirmation for town, so gently caress that, I'm out.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Grim Dawn has a ton of AOE floor effects that make melee suck rear end too. It's just a bad idea to implement. There are bosses that can drop giant death circles with like every third attack and a lot of the times you can't out-heal it no matter what you do since the idea is to just not stand in the circle... but when am I supposed to attack the guy? Also levels that have acid pits you have to walk through like it's Doom 1 all over again. Just really dumb.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gitro posted:

Wellp PoE's new final act boss loving sucks to fight in melee. Like a third of the arena is a massive degen patch and the boss keeps sticking one where I have to be to attack him because I am there attacking him. I can't out-heal it so oh well. The select for res in town and res at checkpoint are also right on top of each other with no confirmation for town, so gently caress that, I'm out.
All the PoE bosses are bad, because they require a completely different build and gameplay from the rest of the game once you get past act 3. It's completely turned me off the game.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I never understood why at the end of FTL they make you, the runaway ship crewed by a ragtag bunch of misfits and having achieved your goal of bringing crucial intel to the Alliance, fight against the Giant Rebel Flagship. The Flagship can only beaten by the build you don't have. Why the gently caress do I have to do it? It's like if the winner of a marathon was forced into a boxing-fight when they finish if they want their medal. They could have re-written it instead as the Flagship being the last line of offence between you and sanctuary, as you have yet to deliver the intel.

Inspector Gesicht has a new favorite as of 19:45 on Aug 14, 2017

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, that last boss really drags the game down. It needed to either not exist, or be beatable in a wider variety of ways.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The Flagship can only beaten by the build you don't have.

While I absolutely agree with your general post - it really should've been the last line of offense - I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the build you don't have. The flagship is certainly, shall we say, overtuned. Even on easy it's an extraordinarily difficult fight, and requires probably an inordinately high amount of game and system knowledge. But it's beatable with a wide variety of builds, the trick - and the game as a whole - is gathering enough resources to have those builds available by the endgame. For the most part that's perfectly possible with good play, though it likely won't happen on your first, fifth, or even fifteenth run. But once you have a good sense of the game, the flagship is winnable with a wide variety of ship setups. Whether you're cloaking, using drones, boarding, or just cramming a shitton of powerful weapons onto your ship. I'm actually not really sure I can think of a ship build that can't defeat the flagship unless you've been really royally screwed in what weapons you can pickup.

Which can absolutely happen. But it is a roguelike.

I'd say it's definitely too hard and should probably be made easier, but I'm not so sure that a wider variety of ways is really necessary. Or possible.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

One thing dragging Crusader Kings 2 for me: After spending literally hundreds of years to unite Ireland under one ruler, my kingdom gets stolen away from me by a distant cousin with no warning whatsoever. There's no civil war, no message from my spymaster "yo this guy is trying to steal your entire bloodline's work", just "this guy has usurped the title of King from you! tough poo poo!". As a final insult you end up with a couple of backwater provinces that couldn't raise an army if it had a necromancy handbook.

Luckily I'm a cowardly savescummer so I just reverted back a year or two and threw the guy in prison.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

FactsAreUseless posted:

All the PoE bosses are bad, because they require a completely different build and gameplay from the rest of the game once you get past act 3. It's completely turned me off the game.

It really sucks because some of them are cool ideas for bosses, but it just doesn't work out well because they weren't designed to be especially interesting or functional for all classes to approach. Like the last boss of act 3, for example. It's like the exact opposite of the initial complaint because he has a massive arena wide AOE except for a safe zone around him. If you're in the safe zone you're in melee range. This really, really sucks for caster characters who don't want to get smashed by his melee attacks, but can't survive the blood rain either. It's a fight basically geared for people who either poured most of their stats into defensive ones, or beefy melee characters. A glass cannon build just isn't really that viable here and it sucks if you want to try to experiment at all, like you would assume game's massive spheregrid system would allow you to do.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuebot posted:

It really sucks because some of them are cool ideas for bosses, but it just doesn't work out well because they weren't designed to be especially interesting or functional for all classes to approach. Like the last boss of act 3, for example. It's like the exact opposite of the initial complaint because he has a massive arena wide AOE except for a safe zone around him. If you're in the safe zone you're in melee range. This really, really sucks for caster characters who don't want to get smashed by his melee attacks, but can't survive the blood rain either. It's a fight basically geared for people who either poured most of their stats into defensive ones, or beefy melee characters. A glass cannon build just isn't really that viable here and it sucks if you want to try to experiment at all, like you would assume game's massive spheregrid system would allow you to do.
A glass cannon build is not viable for Path of Exile in general. Any build that doesn't use CI (sets health to 1 in exchange for chaos immunity) will want to take at least a good amount of life nodes to be survivable. The paths on the skill tree allow for you to invest into whatever offensive skills/stats you need while still being able to branch off into enough life to not die.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Considering damage is almost always unavoidable in ARPGs, I don't get why all modern ARPGs rely so heavily on massive burst damage and rapid healing to be the gear/level gate. You can pull that poo poo off in a game like Bloodborne or Dead Cells because those games have super nimble characters. Diablo-likes are super sluggish and fat and so taking damage isn't the issue, but rather than long-haul resource management and balancing your mitigation for the long-term it's always a crazy zigzag of damage and healing and getting hit by CCs and then using cooldowns to instantly negate them. So, if you are in an area you're not geared for, you just die immediately to poo poo you can't avoid and it feels so dumb.

The worst is in Torchlight 2, where all damage resistance was a flat numerical reduction, so if you got hit by an attack it either would do no damage or kill you. But pretty much everything past Diablo 2/Sacred/Titan Quest has that problem in spades.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Stuntman posted:

A glass cannon build is not viable for Path of Exile in general.

Wait, have you guys not been talking about Pillars of Eternity this whole time?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

The Iron Rose posted:

While I absolutely agree with your general post - it really should've been the last line of offense - I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the build you don't have. The flagship is certainly, shall we say, overtuned. Even on easy it's an extraordinarily difficult fight, and requires probably an inordinately high amount of game and system knowledge. But it's beatable with a wide variety of builds, the trick - and the game as a whole - is gathering enough resources to have those builds available by the endgame. For the most part that's perfectly possible with good play, though it likely won't happen on your first, fifth, or even fifteenth run. But once you have a good sense of the game, the flagship is winnable with a wide variety of ship setups. Whether you're cloaking, using drones, boarding, or just cramming a shitton of powerful weapons onto your ship. I'm actually not really sure I can think of a ship build that can't defeat the flagship unless you've been really royally screwed in what weapons you can pickup.

Which can absolutely happen. But it is a roguelike.

I'd say it's definitely too hard and should probably be made easier, but I'm not so sure that a wider variety of ways is really necessary. Or possible.

The issue is more the game says your mission is to run from the empire and deliver Intel, so you do that. When you succeed at your mission your next assignment is to immediately turn around and blow away the fleet you've run from for 9 sectors.

A ship designed to run away and make it home generally isn't also destined to go toe to toe with a fleet commanding ship.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

RyokoTK posted:

Considering damage is almost always unavoidable in ARPGs, I don't get why all modern ARPGs rely so heavily on massive burst damage and rapid healing to be the gear/level gate. You can pull that poo poo off in a game like Bloodborne or Dead Cells because those games have super nimble characters. Diablo-likes are super sluggish and fat and so taking damage isn't the issue, but rather than long-haul resource management and balancing your mitigation for the long-term it's always a crazy zigzag of damage and healing and getting hit by CCs and then using cooldowns to instantly negate them. So, if you are in an area you're not geared for, you just die immediately to poo poo you can't avoid and it feels so dumb.

The worst is in Torchlight 2, where all damage resistance was a flat numerical reduction, so if you got hit by an attack it either would do no damage or kill you. But pretty much everything past Diablo 2/Sacred/Titan Quest has that problem in spades.

Diablo 3's got you covered as every character has one or more mobility skills. Especially at higher torments it'll require you to use them, because most character builds won't be able to just resist & outheal the damage spikes. It's fun to build a glass cannon build in earlier torment levels just focusing on max damage output and using those movement skills, because it's more involved and you can just blink your way through the fools in no time flat while they're finishing their dying animations already offscreen.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

RyokoTK posted:

Grim Dawn has a ton of AOE floor effects that make melee suck rear end too. It's just a bad idea to implement. There are bosses that can drop giant death circles with like every third attack and a lot of the times you can't out-heal it no matter what you do since the idea is to just not stand in the circle... but when am I supposed to attack the guy? Also levels that have acid pits you have to walk through like it's Doom 1 all over again. Just really dumb.

Yeah, I remember spending ages on one boss because it would just drop a fuckoff floor effect and stand on it. Couldn't shoot it and the boss didn't feel like chasing me, so :shrug:

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't know, a lot of the time the same mob/map-clearing skills are at least passable on the bosses. With most skills I've used it's not too hard to find a gem to swap in for bosses that works pretty well with the rest of my tree and supports. It's the same basic stuff too, pick your health pool and how you recover it and go to town. Except my latest character does great in mobs because I can hit my leech cap easily, but against bosses that don't spawn adds I can't leech enough, run out of flasks and die. It's been really fun. Some of that's probably my fault but I don't remember having this much trouble with leech before.

I never liked the act 4 bosses between Voll and Malachai, although they're not too bad on normal, but the nice part was you could just piss off after getting the last free passive and go mapping. Now Merciless and map access is tied to killing the act 10 boss, who looks cool but is not very fun to fight.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bastion is a really great game and it's really good looking too except in one respect, NPC character models. There used to be this online service kind of like bitstrips I guess where you could make these chibi character model things and outfit them how you liked and Bastion's actual NPCs remind me a lot of them. The Kid looks fine but Rucks for example looks bad.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Steam Randomiser has me playing 2001's Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds - a licensed reworking of Age of Empires that's pretty fun so far.

But the game insists on blaring John Williams most dramatic pieces all the time. Having Duel of the Fates going full bore when my wookie farmers are collecting berries feels ridiculous.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The weird Minerva / Juno stuff in assassin's creed is useless garbage. In syndicate, as part of the end game you can go to world war one (and meet Churchill for his cameo of course) but it's all mixed in with one of the gods talking about some crap I wasn't listening to. I thought the weird abstergo stuff was okay, but the solar flare Juno parts are too weird.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The metaplot poo poo has always been the worst and the games are greatly improved in the installations where they basically plaster over it and do what the series is good at, let you run around cool time periods and assassinate dudes.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
At this point everyone knows the meta plot isn't going anywhere so I don't know why anyone would care about it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The world war 1 stuff sucked as well. I didn't mind the old puzzles and stuff, some of them were creepy but cool. Out of place with ezio running around stabbing dudes, but they were neat.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Yardbomb posted:

The metaplot poo poo has always been the worst and the games are greatly improved in the installations where they basically plaster over it and do what the series is good at, let you run around cool time periods and assassinate dudes.

The metaplot was absolutely fantastic until they turned the series into an annual franchise. Once they bumped off Desmond there was really nowhere for it to go, but they gotta keep beating that dead horse.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dewgy posted:

The metaplot was absolutely fantastic until they turned the series into an annual franchise. Once they bumped off Desmond there was really nowhere for it to go, but they gotta keep beating that dead horse.

I'll give them the original game's segments, cause it was like a cool mystery deal at that point, but really everything after that felt like such a hard and fast tumble downhill for me.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Assassins Creed 3 was so bad in every single way. Getting answers instead of more questions and mysteries, way too long a prologue, poo poo main character, incredibly poo poo setting, with the most inane and stupid main quests in any game yet. "Hey dude follow this dude ride around on a loving horse for half an hour! Throw crates off a ship! Go see the villains in close proximity for the twelfth time but leave them alive! Free Forts for a rebellion that doesn't exist yet! Run around boring and bad shanty-towns!"

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Assassins Creed 3 was so bad in every single way. Getting answers instead of more questions and mysteries, way too long a prologue, poo poo main character, incredibly poo poo setting, with the most inane and stupid main quests in any game yet. "Hey dude follow this dude ride around on a loving horse for half an hour! Throw crates off a ship! Go see the villains in close proximity for the twelfth time but leave them alive! Free Forts for a rebellion that doesn't exist yet! Run around boring and bad shanty-towns!"

But also sail this dope as gently caress ship and do all the naval missions in a single go and then be sad about the achievement saying there are no more.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I really liked Assassins Creed 3, but none of this is too exaggerated to be true. Game is a mess, but a fun one.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The main problem I had with AC3 was not actually Connor - I didn't mind him as much as many and liked his final scene with Charles Lee, but my problem was with the Naval missions, because they are completely optional - but two of the portrait targets die in those missions as they are Naval bosses - because I didn't do those missions, when Connor had finished his crusade I saw him taking the pictures down and couldn't help but think "Wait a minute... who were those two and when did they die?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

BioEnchanted posted:

The main problem I had with AC3 was not actually Connor - I didn't mind him as much as many and liked his final scene with Charles Lee, but my problem was with the Naval missions, because they are completely optional - but two of the portrait targets die in those missions as they are Naval bosses - because I didn't do those missions, when Connor had finished his crusade I saw him taking the pictures down and couldn't help but think "Wait a minute... who were those two and when did they die?"

Same. I really hated the naval sections in AC3, but then really loved all the ship stuff in Black Flag. I dont know if they tweaked the controls or the ship handling or something, but it worked so much better for me in its own game than it did as side stuff in 3.