Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

haveblue posted:

Did he even say anything about infrastructure?

A very quick thing about reducing the amount of red tape required for infrastructure building and then he kept asking the pool for infrastructure questions which, of course, no one provided. One guy at the end gave an infrastructure question, though, that amounted to "what makes you think you can get this through when you couldn't even get health care through?" which irritated him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
What the hell do you call that?

Infrastructure Week!

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Pretty cool of the President to do so much to legitimize antifa direct action.

Kale
May 14, 2010

gently caress man you've got another 3 years of this idiot. I'm so sorry cool American goons. :(

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
He just completely undid the grudging respect he got for yesterday's comments.

He said them by name again today but..... Yeah it doesn't matter.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

haveblue posted:

Did he even say anything about infrastructure?

yes, he repeatedly asked if anyone had any questions about it

they did not

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
quick reminder, lol
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/897550000078544896

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Gotta say that was one of the best statements on the infrastructure discussion I've seen in years.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

cochise posted:

I didn't get a chance to watch this press conference, but on a scale of 1 to Nazi are okay how bad was it?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I need a full recording this now

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

"god? please? come on, please? please make him stop?"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I don't think you can put more than 20 smilies in a post

sometimes you need to work around the imitations.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Now I'm looking through Georgia historical markers and apparently some confederates got bored and shot each other with apples.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ahahahahhaa kelly is going to resign today.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/897554919502303232

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Annointed posted:

I need a full recording this now

yeah, same.

i'm listening to a lot of flabbergasted pundits but i missed the press conference and have no idea what happened.

talking points would do too

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I'm a huge fan of the 2 guys at the far end going :stare:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

sometimes you need to work around the imitations.

Not emptyquoting because holy poo poo the loving President of the United States just straight up defended Nazis and went against anti nazi protesters.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
I am seriously concerned Trump has so poisoned the political discussion of infrastructure we're never going to repair our roads bridges and energy grid.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GWBBQ posted:

Now I'm looking through Georgia historical markers and apparently some confederates got bored and shot each other with apples.

yeah this happened pretty frequently actually. soldiers on both sides would have big mock battles with snowballs and snow forts when they were bored during the winter (not with each other obvs). 90% of being in the military is being bored out of your mind in a field somewhere

https://www.civilwar.org/learn/primary-sources/desperate-snow-battle

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

So a monumental break down?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Annointed posted:

Not emptyquoting because holy poo poo the loving President of the United States just straight up defended Nazis and went against anti nazi protesters.

Well, the nazis DID vote for him.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

All this in service to his fragile, hollow loving ego.

I have never hated anyone like I hate this wretched loving creature.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

QuoProQuid posted:

yeah, same.

i'm listening to a lot of flabbergasted pundits but i missed the press conference and have no idea what happened.

Me too plz

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

QuoProQuid posted:

yeah, same.

Reporters saw an opening to ask about his racism. He doubled down on "both sides are bad", again and again, no matter what. He refuses to accept that, in Charlottesville, the Nazis were the bad guys.

Also, infrastructure is going great and healthcare is John McCain's fault.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I couldn't watch but is this just normal Goon "It's mattering!" or did something actually happen

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

cochise posted:

I didn't get a chance to watch this press conference, but on a scale of 1 to Nazi are okay how bad was it?

11/10

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

farraday posted:

I am seriously concerned Trump has so poisoned the political discussion of infrastructure we're never going to repair our roads bridges and energy grid.

Congressional Republicans should be loving begging the Dems to come together with them on infrastructure spending so they can manage some sort of win.

They won't, and the infrastructure will continue to fall apart, but hey, MAGA

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

cochise posted:

So a monumental break down?

Catastrophically

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Blitz7x posted:

I couldn't watch but is this just normal Goon "It's mattering!" or did something actually happen

you tell us:
https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/897555041741099010

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is loving incredible. Trump didn't just poo poo himself. He shat himself, rolled around in it, then set himself on fire.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Forgall posted:

I guess I'm wrong then.

That was the incident I thought was being misconstrued. I'm not saying it's good that Reddit made things harder on the family of the dude who killed himself, mind. Internet detectiving is still something that needs to he handled with more care and finesse than it almost always is.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

theflyingorc posted:

Also, infrastructure is going great and healthcare is John McCain's fault.

A compliment for McCain out of nowhere.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Blitz7x posted:

Annointed posted:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

No Butt Stuff posted:

God he is such a loving child.
My phone used up its data when he dropped the chart on the floor, is there a permanent link to non live stream?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Blitz7x posted:

The president refuses to disavow white nationalists.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

theflyingorc posted:

Reporters saw an opening to ask about his racism. He doubled down on "both sides are bad", again and again, no matter what. He refuses to accept that, in Charlottesville, the Nazis were the bad guys.

and he continued to do this for 15 minutes in response to reporter questions that were basically "you can't possibly mean that, right" and he'd respond with "yes, i mean exactly that"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

This is some relevant, timely journalism there. Tell us more. Does Michael Dukakis's chiropractor pay his taxes on time? Is Bob Dole's landscaper a legal immigrant?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The USSS needs to jump on the mic next time because it is clearly the most dangerous thing in the world to Trump's presidency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

*in extremely covok voice* this doesnt matter no one cares, republicans will win in 2018

• Locked thread