Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yeah that one's a little too nasty even for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Legit laughed holy poo poo

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

TheCenturion posted:

Gunpei Yokoi has whispered that to his sake every night for the last twenty years, poor guy.

:holymoley: :rice:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yikes.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

idgi

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

that isnt even what happened!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Sea Sponge Run posted:

that isnt even what happened!

True, true, he went on to fine things like the WonderSwan.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

http://m.ign.com/articles/1997/10/07/game-boy-inventor-dies-in-car-crash

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

That joke is suddenly incredible savage

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Oh poo poo, this I did not know. I was referencing the idea that Nintendo supposedly forced him to commit career seppuku after the VB debacle.

Pokemon OH SNAP!
Oct 17, 2004

TheCenturion posted:

Gunpei Yokoi has whispered that to his sake every night for the last twenty years, poor guy.

Jokes on you he died 20yrs a go.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TheCenturion posted:

:vince:

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Not a Vita question, but I just got a PSP to play Zero and Ao no Kiseki. Does anyone have any suggestions for other good PSP games?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tactics ogre

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Peace Walker.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If you haven't bought them on PC already there's a pretty solid collection of Ys games. Missing 5 and Ark (I don't think I saw it on the store when I looked? Might have to go physical there) but I really liked oath of felghana at least.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Beelerzebub posted:

Not a Vita question, but I just got a PSP to play Zero and Ao no Kiseki. Does anyone have any suggestions for other good PSP games?
Metal Gear Acid.
Metal Gear Acid 2.

The English patch of Super Robot Wars A Portable when that's finished.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Beelerzebub posted:

Since you have a Gundam avatar (you may know of all these already, if so forgive me):

Mecha shoot-em-ups:

Gundam Battle Universe
Gundam Assault Survive
Macross Ultimate Frontier
Macross Triangle Frontier
Gundam vs Gundam NEXT Plus

Mecha SRPGs:

Super Robot Taisen MX
Super Robot Taisen A Portable
Super Robot Taisen Z2.1 and Z2.2
SD Gundam G Generation Portable
SD Gundam G Generation World
SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

Gundam grand strategy:

Kidou Senshi Gundam Giren no Yabou V
Kidou Senshi Gundam Shin Giren no Yabou

Giren can be a bit tough to start on if you don't speak Japanese, there's some useful info/menu translations here: http://girensgreed.wikia.com/wiki/Giren%27s_Greed_Wiki

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Stanos posted:

If you haven't bought them on PC already there's a pretty solid collection of Ys games. Missing 5 and Ark (I don't think I saw it on the store when I looked? Might have to go physical there) but I really liked oath of felghana at least.

I have all the Ys games available on Steam. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to playing them yet because I'm in the middle of Trails in the Sky the 3rd and want to beat it before I play any of the Ys games.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Beelerzebub posted:

Carnage Heart Exa
Valkyria Chronicles 3

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Jeez, at least be respectful to the dude who invented the real holy cross.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Beelerzebub posted:

Persona 4 3

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

irlZaphod posted:

Persona 4 3

I've been collecting physical megaten games, so all 3 Persona games are a must buy for me eventually.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Beelerzebub posted:

Venus and Braves, Sakura Taisen 1+2, R-Type Tactics II, Umihara Kawase

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

There's a new 2K PlayStation Humble Bundle and the $1 tier reward is XCOM and Civilization Revolution 2 Plus.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Much appreciated :) Not games I would have gotten otherwise but for that price it's just silly to not go for it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
yeah for five bucks im finally gonna finish spec ops the line and maybe actually beat bioshock????

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Got the vita games, thankssssss

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
"Battleborn Trial" what does that mean? Isn't that game F2P right now?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Anora posted:

"Battleborn Trial" what does that mean? Isn't that game F2P right now?

No, the trial is basically a demo and you need to pay $40 to upgrade to the full game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The region restriction of the bundle is pretty crappy for the ten Vitas in Europe/Asia.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Has anyone played civ rev 2? If it was just the first one with no performance problems and a comfortable control scheme I'd probably get a kick out of it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Has anyone played civ rev 2? If it was just the first one with no performance problems and a comfortable control scheme I'd probably get a kick out of it.

It's the same Civ Rev 2 that's on iOS and Android IIRC, which is..not as good as even the DS CivRev1.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Lemon-Lime posted:

No, the trial is basically a demo and you need to pay $40 to upgrade to the full game.
This is a poor description.

The game is f2p now. All PvP content behaves just like games such as League of Legends, with the rotating character slots.
You only have to buy a full-game license if you want PvE missions and a character roster unlock.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Currently playing through dungeon travelers 2-2 and I hope Atlus decides to translate and release it. It's pretty fun so far even with some bizarre rear end changes and rebalancing.

Some stuff did need to be changed probably but I'm not sure why an already strong class early (Papillion) gets access to not only a set of two handed weapons, but long range and piercing at that. I mean it's cool and all destroying random encounters and they taper off in choice later but I still wonder how that got past playtesting.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Phantasy Star Portable 2 is available on the PSN in the PSP section, with no PSP/PSVita mention - does that mean one can't transfer it to the Vita? I only have an access to a PS4 and a PC, if that helps (and a Vita, obviously).

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Aug 20, 2017

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, unless you already have it on your Vita, from that weird weekend that they accidentally whitelisted nigh everything (or your system is hacked) you're SOL.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

MisterAlex posted:

This is a poor description.

The game is f2p now. All PvP content behaves just like games such as League of Legends, with the rotating character slots.
You only have to buy a full-game license if you want PvE missions and a character roster unlock.

trap sprung

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

SelenicMartian posted:

The region restriction of the bundle is pretty crappy for the ten Vitas in Europe/Asia.

As one of those ten I agree with this sentiment

Although all I really wanted out of that was XCOM on Vita and that's on sale for £4.99 on PSN right now, so that's still pretty good