Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Is there a transcript of this available anywhere? Because what I'm getting from the thread is that on a Nazi scale from 1 to 10, this ranks at about 88.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

like thirty seconds of his stupidest statements would not come close to capturing what he just did there

two minutes of it wouldn't

seven and a half minutes wouldn't

hell fourteen minutes wouldn't

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

new thread title: :stare:

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

I imagine getting trump to not come out looking like he's giving preferential treatment to nazis is a lot like GotG2 in this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VimTTtmTbmQ

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i expect that we will get the usual response out of the white house: trump leaves the press conference feeling confident about his statement. later in the evening, he watches press coverage and becomes increasingly agitated by the press's negative tone. late that night or early the following morning, he tweets out some poorly conceived, vainglorious attack on "his enemies." his attack keeps the story in the media while the white house staff leak to maggie haberman about everything that just happened. jared and ivanka leak out a statement saying they are "uncomfortable" and "urged the president to restrain himself." a high-level official gets humiliated in the ensuing knife fight.

then, we repeat a week later.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

RiggenBlaque posted:

Really looking forward to the poll numbers this week.

Someone needs to push pedophilia to the forefront somehow so that we can get Trump defending that because honestly, how much worse can you get than defending literal nazis?

A poll this week asked something like "Is there any chance at all that you could change your mind about Trump in the future."

Something like 33% (who disapprove) said there was nothing Trump could ever do to make them approve, but only something like 18% (who approve) said there was nothing Trump could do to make them disapprove.

So, I guess he still has room to fall.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Trump Thread II: The man make 1,488 tweets

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

did trump seriously say alt-left on tv

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

Kale posted:

If the say things to antagonize the media thing is true which I think it is I can totally see him defending straight up pedophilia considering he's borderline okay with incest.

Don't forget about that picture of Ivanka sitting on his lap when she was a kid (but far too old to be sitting on his lap) and that gross comment he made about dating the little girl in the elevator.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Jesus Christ. I just got home and turned on MSNBC.

He is just a miserable orange shitgoblin. I swear, if Democrats cannot capitalize on all this crap in 2018 and 2020...

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Don't forget that he declined to call the car attack terrorism. "You can call it terrorism, you can call it murder, let's not get into legal semantics"

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
New title - Trump Thread II: I did nazi that comin'

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

no, you don't

you need to see the entire thing

you cannot comprehend how bad it was without seeing the full 15 minutes nonstop

Yeah man you just kinda have to let it happen to you organically. I almost didn't watch that, thinking- infrastructure :rolleyes:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/895720756155305984

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

QuoProQuid posted:

i expect that we will get the usual response out of the white house: trump leaves the press conference feeling confident about his statement. later in the evening, he watches press coverage and becomes increasingly agitated by the press's negative tone. late that night or early the following morning, he tweets out some poorly conceived, vainglorious attack on "his enemies." his attack keeps the story in the media while the white house staff leak to maggie haberman about everything that just happened. jared and ivanka leak out a statement saying they are "uncomfortable" and "urged the president to restrain himself." a high-level official gets humiliated in the ensuing knife fight.

then, we repeat a week later.

definitely, the only reason trump had this tantrum is because he's furious about how th emedia is portraying him and he's trying to set the record straight, but can't

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

evilweasel posted:

no, you don't

you need to see the entire thing

you cannot comprehend how bad it was without seeing the full 15 minutes nonstop

OK well I'll settle for that someone post a source!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Trump Thread: No Nazi, You're the Alt-Left!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I was incredibly surprised he didn't do a nazi salute and I think we're like maybe 2 pressers away tops from him accidentally letting one loose in a meltdown

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chris Matthews just tossed out his entire lineup im sure

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Trump Thread II: Mazes and windmills

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
14 words in 15 minutes.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

NmareBfly posted:

If the event that predicates the total unravelling of Trump is an innocent woman dying not two blocks from where I'm sitting right now, then I -- I don't know. I'm loving flabbergasted. I think I'm going to put down some more flowers today.

It kind of blows my mind that this, of all things, could be The Great Mattering but I suppose when you write it out "The American President Sides With Nazis" does look like a wake-up call no matter who you are.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

cochise posted:

new thread title: :stonklol::stare::catstare::stare::catstare::stare::catstare::stare::catstare::stare::catstare::stare::catstare::stare::catstare::stonklol:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Knifegrab posted:

BrianBoitano posted:

Here it is queued up. Qs start at 46:50 now that it's not live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj5RyIiClEg&t=2805s

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

KickerOfMice posted:

Yeah man you just kinda have to let it happen to you organically. I almost didn't watch that, thinking- infrastructure :rolleyes:

yeah i don't have much to do at work and clicked on it thinking there would be a bad question or two

and like i posted earlier after 3 minutes of WHAT THE gently caress i had to mute it, then came back to "i didn't know david duke was there" and it just kept going downhill from there

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Knifegrab posted:

https://youtu.be/lj5RyIiClEg

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I mean, that press conference wasn't a particularly good look. But what about Hillary's emails?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kevinroose/status/897554891203391488
https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/897554649733095424

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
So how about that General Kelly getting Trump on message thing lol

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
This breaks the usual Trump pattern of doing something bad, then eventually succumbing to pressure to clean up the mess half-heartedly and moving on. Yesterday was the point where he stops talking about the issue, behaves for a week and everyone forgets about it and moves on to the next crisis.

Now Trump has emphatically come down on the side of the Nazis, after the cleanup job, so we are in uncharted territory. I expect we will see some Republicans who have been keeping their feelings bottled up unleash on Trump.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I knew it was going to be good when the first thing I heard when the stream loaded was "Bannon's a great guy, totally not racist.".

Like, was the "not racist" part prompted by a question?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

and again HE PRINTED OUT HIS SATURDAY STATEMENT AND BROUGHT IT TO THE PRESS CONFERENCE

he PLANNED to do this

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Trump Thread II: Nazi Protests Permitted

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Alter Ego posted:

Jesus Christ. I just got home and turned on MSNBC.

He is just a miserable orange shitgoblin. I swear, if Democrats cannot capitalize on all this crap in 2018 and 2020...

Democrats still need to figure out a positive message and not just "the other guy is a nazi"

The other guy is a nazi SHOULD be motivating enough to turn people out but not with this loving base

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sean10mm posted:

So how about that General Kelly getting Trump on message thing lol

that picture of him contemplating suicide mid-conference is really something

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

evilweasel posted:

and again HE PRINTED OUT HIS SATURDAY STATEMENT AND BROUGHT IT TO THE PRESS CONFERENCE

he PLANNED to do this

.............................................................................................
何これ?!Huh. da fuh?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

"alt" means "bad" now, so the alt-left are the bad leftists, just like the alt-right are the bad rightists

Is alternative music still ok

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Note this is dated August 10th.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Trump Thread II: A real nazi about permits

E: nm this is better:

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Trump Thread II: Nazi Protests Permitted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

evilweasel posted:

something that just occured to me: Trump brought his saturday statement to the presser

he printed it out, put it in his pocket, and brought it to this presser where his aides told people there would be no questions

he planned to do this. he didn't like get baited into defending his saturday statement and "both sides" stuff, he decided to do this and then went and did it

Like 20 minutes before the press conference I said that his temporary buckling to Kelly meant that a record breaking meltdown was brewing.

FWIW this hasn't been the real show yet, what we saw today was barely the first notes of the overture. Say what you will about Trump but he is an artist at riling up violent crazies- and he is about to paint his Mona Lisa.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 15, 2017

• Locked thread