Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Without an extended mag the vector functions exactly like an uzi at close range. Fewer bullets but more damage on each so it's a wash. But it really shines when you get all of the attachments and can burst fire at medium range. The vector and UMP are my favorite weapons.

The notable difference between an unmodded vector and an uzi is that I will probably land one or two bullets from an uzi magdump and won't hit anything at all with the vector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Fart Car '97 posted:

except killing people with a tricked out micro uzi gets style points which none of the other guns have except maybe the revolver and vektor

you don't need attatchments or even a backpack to use this endgame build:

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Hooplah posted:

Man, you're leaning really hard on that "being a dog" gimmick

Hahah I didn't even think about that... Often I forget that I made my dog my streamer-web-cam, probably a good thing because too many dog jokes would probably get old. For all 3 of my viewers.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

lots of people ITT who have never seen the shining light that is the UMP, the greatest of all weapons

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Hmm, the colors and sharpness definitely look better without a big fps drop it seems but I have this really odd faint bars or lines now across my whole screen that I didn't have before.

So tired of messing with settings to get a clear picture

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Taffer posted:

lots of people ITT who have never seen the shining light that is the UMP, the greatest of all weapons

I genuinely ran into a guy who was insistent that the VSS was the best close range gun in the game.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zomborgon posted:

Same but Vektor, because I have a weakness for 90s-style kool letterz.

Especially since I can stick an extra 8x scope on it just to confuse people

What is the maximum effective range of that gun?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

cock hero flux posted:

I genuinely ran into a guy who was insistent that the VSS was the best close range gun in the game.

I have a friend who insists on taking the crossbow because he thinks it's amazing. I think some people just want to be "that guy" that takes an underrated weapon and does well with it, and they'll insist it's working even when it's not.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I have a friend who insists on taking the crossbow because he thinks it's amazing. I think some people just want to be "that guy" that takes an underrated weapon and does well with it, and they'll insist it's working even when it's not.

ah, the genjis of pubg

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

The crossbow is just a bad shotgun though. Like it works in basically the same way, in that it's a short range weapon that you use to one-shot people, except the one shot isn't reliable if they have a vest or you hit their legs, it only has one shot, and it takes longer to reload.

You can put scopes on it but I've never seen anyone hit someone who was more than 3 feet away with it.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

The crossbow is a piece of poo poo but if you can play around it properly it has the potential to be amazing. Super high damage and completely silent, if you can hit those bolts you're the king

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

PantsBandit posted:

Hi, I'm noted NOT BAD goon player WEEDBABYGOKU420. While the crossbow is certainly a lethal weapon, it's incredibly hard to use. Essentially, you get no feedback from your shots so it's very hard to tell how to adjust. The bolts don't cause blood splatter if you hit someone and misses don't kick up dust. Basically, every round I've tried to force myself to run double crossbows, I've ended up getting a ton of silenced pistol kills, grenade kills and even a sickle kill.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I'm WEEDLORD666 in game and I badly want to duo with WEEDBABYGOKU420 now.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Essentially, you get no feedback from your shots so it's very hard to tell how to adjust. The bolts don't cause blood splatter if you hit someone and misses don't kick up dust.

It would be neat if you could get tracer bolts, or perhaps have a flashbulb at the rear of the bolt that triggers on impact.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

It would be neat if you could get tracer bolts, or perhaps have a flashbulb at the rear of the bolt that triggers on impact.

Yeah but that would eliminate most of the actual advantages of the crossbow and it would just a sniper rifle that was harder to aim.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

cock hero flux posted:

The crossbow is just a bad shotgun though. Like it works in basically the same way, in that it's a short range weapon that you use to one-shot people, except the one shot isn't reliable if they have a vest or you hit their legs, it only has one shot, and it takes longer to reload.

You can put scopes on it but I've never seen anyone hit someone who was more than 3 feet away with it.

Have you watched any of the Early Access Highlights videos? They always have a section on sick nasty crossbow kills that are fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCCfF0zeFpUuvDJOz7pmQwlA

BTW anybody who has not seen this dudes channel, watch all of these. They are loving awesome. He puts a new one out every 2 weeks. We should add this to the OP.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I'm WEEDLORD666 in game and I badly want to duo with WEEDBABYGOKU420 now.

You'd have to join my discord and then climb the Tower of Statistical Oppression in order to play with me.

Zomborgon posted:

A little spark on impact would be great, but what do I know?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

slap me and kiss me posted:

The notable difference between an unmodded vector and an uzi is that I will probably land one or two bullets from an uzi magdump and won't hit anything at all with the vector.

I've killed people at around 50-75 meters with an uzi. Granted they were standing still and not looking at me, and had no armour, but it still killed at range.

It can be pretty accurate with all the attachments.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

cock hero flux posted:

I've never seen anyone hit someone who was more than 3 feet away with it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AlertDarlingTapirBibleThump

First shot missed cause I was leading and he stopped.

Second shot missed because of the opposite, I didn't lead and shot behind him.

Third shot lands with a little luck.

Yes I reloaded a loving crossbow 3 times at military right off the drop.

I do agree though, the crossbow is garbage and is only there to shame the victim.

RizieN fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 15, 2017

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

the only hit would be to your ego from using an app to make it easier to spot

What if I use reshade to give myself wicked sick amounts of bloom? What then?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Hamelekim posted:

I've killed people at around 50-75 meters with an uzi. Granted they were standing still and not looking at me, and had no armour, but it still killed at range.

It can be pretty accurate with all the attachments.

The uzi on single shot is surprisingly accurate out to decent ranges. I've definitely gotten some kills that I didn't think I could with it.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
Crossbow needs different types of ammo to be more interesting.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
All these people *objectively* loving on the uzi need to go up against someone with a lvl 2/3 vest and watch it turn into a peashooter.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Dyz posted:

All these people *objectively* loving on the uzi need to go up against someone with a lvl 2/3 vest and watch it turn into a peashooter.

My uzi turns vests and their wearers into pea soup.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Pleads posted:

My uzi turns vests and their wearers into pea soup.

After at least 9 or so bullets hit.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dyz posted:

After at least 9 or so bullets hit.

Which is like three quarters of a second.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Lladre posted:

Which is like three quarters of a second.

An AR or UMP will easily beat it.

The uzi has ridiculously low bullet damage so anyone with armor just eats up all of your bullets.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Sheeit, just got my first ever chicken dinner, on solo FPP no less! I've only clocked six hours in the game so far so I would think it was mostly down to luck, although I did manage to get 3 kills. 2 of them being the last other two survivors. Jesus christ is it tense in first person when you're prone in a field in a very small circle.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

One of the big selling points for SMGs in general is that suppressors are fairly easy to come by for them. Not as rare as AR or Sniper, yet far more useful than pistol. And if you have a shotgun, it's gonna be loud because nobody silences their saiga if they have another option. The micro Uzi in particular is very quiet when suppressed as well, which makes it excellent for hosing down people at close range in the late circles without attracting attention.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The Uzi's rate of fire is fast enough where it can do comparable damage to an UMP against unarmored targets, and against armored targets should kill faster (haven't done the math yet tho). Like if it takes 10 shots for a micro uzi to kill someone in level 3 armor, that's still less than half a second of shooting. You just have to play it as a ridiculously short range gun, and it works super well at that (does lose to vector and shotguns tho)

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Studio posted:

The Uzi's rate of fire is fast enough where it can do comparable damage to an UMP against unarmored targets, and against armored targets should kill faster (haven't done the math yet tho). Like if it takes 10 shots for a micro uzi to kill someone in level 3 armor, that's still less than half a second of shooting. You just have to play it as a ridiculously short range gun, and it works super well at that (does lose to vector and shotguns tho)

The problem is you're assuming the Uzi is consistent enough to stay on target, oh and you can see the target with those awful irons.

No one is saying the Uzi isn't lethal. Everything is lethal, but at a certain point you need to understand why certain weapons go completely unused in high end game play.

Also: Why can't we have red dots and foregrips on Uzis?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

VulgarandStupid posted:

The problem is you're assuming the Uzi is consistent enough to stay on target, oh and you can see the target with those awful irons.

No one is saying the Uzi isn't lethal. Everything is lethal, but at a certain point you need to understand why certain weapons go completely unused in high end game play.

With a stock and compensator the uzi is absolutely consistent enough to stay on target at the ranges we're discussing.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

aniviron posted:

One of the big selling points for SMGs in general is that suppressors are fairly easy to come by for them. Not as rare as AR or Sniper, yet far more useful than pistol. And if you have a shotgun, it's gonna be loud because nobody silences their saiga if they have another option. The micro Uzi in particular is very quiet when suppressed as well, which makes it excellent for hosing down people at close range in the late circles without attracting attention.

What's the effective range of the UMP? I usually drop that gun after i get 2 ar's, but maybe i shouldn't?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

https://pubg.me/weapons/submachine-guns

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Mister Fister posted:

What's the effective range of the UMP? I usually drop that gun after i get 2 ar's, but maybe i shouldn't?

About 100m. You can actually even toss a 4x on it and snipe in a pinch, but past 150m, you're not going to have the volume of fire to do anything too effectively.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Compensator and the angled grip are essential IMHO. I've had more success (late game when people are more likely to already be hurt) just spraying at people and hoping I get what I need, trying to tap/burst just means you're taking longer to kill them to save some ammo, IME this results in just getting swatted down with a proper rifle

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010
Do the math. Uzi beats ump in ttk. Smgs in this game aren't very good. Their niche is that you can move while you shoot and that they are decently accurate in 3rd person. Both shotguns and ARs outperform the ump close range.

I've said it many times, but the only time smgs win fights are when the other player makes a mistake and misses.

This is of course assuming you hit your shots. Personally I'd rather learn to hit my shots with an AR than rely on other player being a potato.

Edit: This being said, a gun is better than another, isn't really a big deal in this game. The difference in dps is minuscule and probably more down to lag and hitting shots than anything else. Pretty much every gun is lethal. Hit your shots and you will kill.

Linstar fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 15, 2017

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

!weapons

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Pictured: The infinite magazines that every character magically generates on their person in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

uhh, I believe they're called clips

• Locked thread