Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
They should try to get this going for all the major leagues instead of just the PL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Chelsea do something like 40% of their transfer business after the season has started, so they are definitely voting no.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/Everton/status/897533964927238145

Gareth Barry is off to the Western Albions of Bromwich

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

wicka posted:

How do they get around the DFL's ownership rules? I thought that kinda thing wasn't allowed.

What're you talking about? Red Bull don't own Rasen Ballsport Leipzig.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

wicka posted:

How do they get around the DFL's ownership rules? I thought that kinda thing wasn't allowed.

I thought it was just the name, as in RB Leipzig is RasenballSport Leipzig technically. Looking at the wiki:

quote:

As of 2015, Red Bull GmbH is the main shareholder of RasenballSport Leipzig GmbH, holding 99 percent of the shares. The remaining one percent is held by the association. However, as required by the 50 + 1 rule, formal power lies with the association, holding the majority of votes.[234][235]

So some sort of vote trickery.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The Chels are supposedly interested in Oxcham, and Arsenal are supposedly refusing to sell. I'm a bit surprised more teams aren't in for him. He's not the greatest, but he's English and decent at a bunch of positions.

It's going to be fun to watch Arsenal try to replace 3 starting players in a world where every decent player costs more than £50m.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

blue footed boobie posted:

The Chels are supposedly interested in Oxcham, and Arsenal are supposedly refusing to sell. I'm a bit surprised more teams aren't in for him. He's not the greatest, but he's English and decent at a bunch of positions.

It's going to be fun to watch Arsenal try to replace 3 starting players in a world where every decent player costs more than £50m.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

I don't think even Chelsea actually want him tbh.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wouldn't call Ox a starting player. He's nice to have but there's not really a spot for him if everyone is fit.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Never understood why he didn't just call up Rooney and ask him for his hair guy. Rooney's turned out fantastic.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Ox would probably be a really good fit for the Chelsea system but he might be too good/expensive to be a rotation player behind Moses.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Gylfi Sigurdson is having a medical at Everton tomorrow ahead of a £45m move

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Oxlade-Chamberlain is underwhelming and any top team would be better off buying an actually quality player rather than going for some half good squad depth option

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'm glad the Chelsea is buying the Ox because I'll never have to watch him play again

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

wicka posted:

Wouldn't call Ox a starting player. He's nice to have but there's not really a spot for him if everyone is fit.

He seems to have the right wingback position locked down recently.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wow his hair has gotten a lot longer

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

wicka posted:

Wow his hair has gotten a lot longer

Wengy was picking Ox over Bellerin after he switched to the 3-4-3.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

They're both pretty poo poo.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sassassin posted:

They're both pretty poo poo.

The Guardian says Gylfi is going to Everton for £45m.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

True, it is still the 2016-17 season.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I already posted that he's having his medical on wednesday, it was on the bbc website as well

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hes been playing left wingback for a while. Bellerin still starts.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Martial fee looking pretty solid right about now, also everything is insane.

I read from a couple outlets that Roma is bidding 38 million pounds for Mahrez

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

TheBigAristotle posted:

Martial fee looking pretty solid right about now, also everything is insane.

I read from a couple outlets that Roma is bidding 38 million pounds for Mahrez

They've been apparently making a series of bids over the past month that Leicester has turned down, and their sporting director said today that they've given up on Mahrez and are moving on to other forwards.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gigi Galli posted:

I thought it was just the name, as in RB Leipzig is RasenballSport Leipzig technically. Looking at the wiki:

So some sort of vote trickery.

Also see trying to vote in America.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

45m for Gylfi is retarded. Everton about to have to slowest forward line ever

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
they may be from Liverpool but no need to talk about their mental capacity like that

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
45 for Gylfi, lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm not sure how to feel about newcastle maybe signing jack wilshere

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this probably means stoke have signed Jese then

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/897730419310944256

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Jose posted:

this probably means stoke have signed Jese then

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/897730419310944256

PSG's Jese?

Fiorentina were looking at him and I'm glad he snubbed us because after Christian Tello, I don't want any more "star youth player gone south" or whatever

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/841555/Barcelona-News-Ivan-Rakitic-Liverpool-Philippe-Coutinho-Transfer-News-Jurgen-Klopp-La-Liga

This has to be :troll: from Liverpool right?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

That would be an amazing deal and therefore is complete bollocks and won't happen.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Supposedly Spurs are buying a centre back from Ajax named Davinson Sanchez which is a fake name if I ever heard one. Also buying central midfielder Pape Cheikh Diop who is apparently a Spanish youth international and that is all I know.

There were rumours about buying that Keita Baldé fella from Lazio but he apparently only wants to go to Juventus. It would be nice if Spurs bought some good players though.

Also, lol at a story about Chelsea bidding £30m for Danny Rose.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ninpo posted:

That would be an amazing deal and therefore is complete bollocks and won't happen.

His name has come up as a makeweight in the deal more or less since it's been proposed. Tbh if we could turn Coutinho in Rakitic, Mahrez/Seri/whoever and have a bit of cash left over, that'd be a pretty decent transfer.

Quite sure RAWK will still poo poo themselves and say that we should have got Suarez back, but whatevs.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MrBling posted:

Supposedly Spurs are buying a centre back from Ajax named Davinson Sanchez

I hope he fouls a lot, for the obvious nickname

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Jese to Stoke on a season long loan is a Done Deal!

https://twitter.com/stokecity/status/897729685202886664
Complete with embarrassing twitter video that whines about the media saying Stoke are unambitious. I don't know how to embed tweets.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

MrBling posted:

Supposedly Spurs are buying a centre back from Ajax named Davinson Sanchez which is a fake name if I ever heard one. Also buying central midfielder Pape Cheikh Diop who is apparently a Spanish youth international and that is all I know.

There were rumours about buying that Keita Baldé fella from Lazio but he apparently only wants to go to Juventus. It would be nice if Spurs bought some good players though.

Also, lol at a story about Chelsea bidding £30m for Danny Rose.

Davinson Sanchez sounds fake but Pape Cheikh Diop doesn't?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Meat Wagon posted:

Jese to Stoke on a season long loan is a Done Deal!

https://twitter.com/stokecity/status/897729685202886664
Complete with embarrassing twitter video that whines about the media saying Stoke are unambitious. I don't know how to embed tweets.

im embarassed to be a fan of this club right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Soulex posted:

Davinson Sanchez sounds fake but Pape Cheikh Diop doesn't?

Why is a diop always a pape

• Locked thread