Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I believe I have the cap space to pick up Marc Methot who I've considered taking for 6 rounds now so I'll do that.

I don't even remember if I had anyone else left on my list so I'll make another pick shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Now I've got some sad news here, poster Kilza, the thread is about to end, but what a job he did here, posting picks, good Edmonton boy, isn't be beautiful?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Cale Makar was the fourth overall pick somehow and is a defence mans prospect who shoots right so that's more than good enough for me.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Lineup:

Huberdeau-Malkin-Neal
Burakovsky-Duchene-Hornqvist
Beauvillier-Cizikas-Kapanen
Leivo-Lewis-??

OEL-Carlson
Methot-Savard
McCabe-Franson

Dunn-Makar

Reimer
C. Johnson

Coach: Todd McLellan

I think it's a good team that just needs another RW and it's good to go. Some notes on picks I made thanks to corn on the cop a feel:

Kasperi Kapanen is fast as gently caress and scored playoff goals playing with Matt Martin. That's remarkable. He might not make the Leafs next season because they're deep on the wings but will certainly be a good NHLer, especially if JVR get traded. Can play both wings.
Josh Leivo is mostly in the same camp. He's older and mostly a LW. He's not particularly fast but hard working and has a good shot with no real weaknesses. Should be playing in the NHL full time but is blocked by... Matt Martin.
Trevor Lewis is a bottom 6 grinder who is pretty good at what he does and old.
Vince Dunn was a late 2nd round pick who put up 45 points in 72 games in the AHL as a 20 year-old rookie and is probably the Blues' top prospect.
Cody Franson is slow as gently caress and unsigned but can score 20-odd points without PP time and has decent possession stats, so he's a good bottom-pairing D and should get signed soon.
Chad Johnson is a backup goalie.
Cale Makar, who knows? He shoots right, is fast and talented and dominated junior B, whatever that's worth. Kyle Turris turned out fine so maybe he will too.
Mark Methot is an NHL defenseman who is declining and can't score, but he's mostly a stopgap until Dunn is ready so whatever.

Todd McLellan is a good coach and can presumably do something with this roster.

Any more questions?

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
I'll take Sam Steel

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

eXXon posted:

Lineup:

Huberdeau-Malkin-Neal
Burakovsky-Duchene-Hornqvist
Beauvillier-Cizikas-Kapanen
Leivo-Lewis-??

OEL-Carlson
Methot-Savard
McCabe-Franson

Dunn-Makar

Reimer
C. Johnson

Coach: Todd McLellan

I think it's a good team that just needs another RW and it's good to go. Some notes on picks I made thanks to corn on the cop a feel:

Kasperi Kapanen is fast as gently caress and scored playoff goals playing with Matt Martin. That's remarkable. He might not make the Leafs next season because they're deep on the wings but will certainly be a good NHLer, especially if JVR get traded. Can play both wings.
Josh Leivo is mostly in the same camp. He's older and mostly a LW. He's not particularly fast but hard working and has a good shot with no real weaknesses. Should be playing in the NHL full time but is blocked by... Matt Martin.
Trevor Lewis is a bottom 6 grinder who is pretty good at what he does and old.
Vince Dunn was a late 2nd round pick who put up 45 points in 72 games in the AHL as a 20 year-old rookie and is probably the Blues' top prospect.
Cody Franson is slow as gently caress and unsigned but can score 20-odd points without PP time and has decent possession stats, so he's a good bottom-pairing D and should get signed soon.
Chad Johnson is a backup goalie.
Cale Makar, who knows? He shoots right, is fast and talented and dominated junior B, whatever that's worth. Kyle Turris turned out fine so maybe he will too.
Mark Methot is an NHL defenseman who is declining and can't score, but he's mostly a stopgap until Dunn is ready so whatever.

Todd McLellan is a good coach and can presumably do something with this roster.

Any more questions?

gently caress I love that top-end.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Up next:
ThinkTank (until 9:19 PM EST)
Jamwad Hilder
Vincent van Goat
Good Soldier Svejk
Kilza

Skipped:
Verviticus
Iodised QQ
Jonathan Fisk
JoelJoel
FBS
Jordan7hm
Ginette Reno
Furnaceface
Technetium

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Yaya posted:

Riley Nash

This is a really good pick at this stage. Very solid checking liner. He was my backup for both Jarnkrok and Donskoi

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I really should be taking a defenceman or backup goalie (I have to take one of each in the next two rounds and I'll have no spares) but I want Alex DeBrincat.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

ThinkTank posted:

I really should be taking a defenceman or backup goalie (I have to take one of each in the next two rounds and I'll have no spares) but I want Alex DeBrincat.

Oh you loving son of a bitch.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

He was on my short list of forward prospects but I went with the homer pick in Roslovic

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Toronto Maple Leafs select Anthony Stolarz since we can't have cool nice things like Alex DeBrincat and goalie depth is good.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X6VoFBCE9k

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I refuse to let him leave New York.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Going into tomorrow:
Up next:
Jamwad Hilder (until 10:19 AM EST)
Vincent van Goat
Good Soldier Svejk
Kilza
Teemu Pokemon

Skipped:
Verviticus
Iodised QQ
Jonathan Fisk
JoelJoel
FBS
Jordan7hm
Ginette Reno

code:
Verviticus	8 picks
Iodised QQ	8 picks

Jonathan Fisk	4 picks
JoelJoel	4 picks

FBS		2 picks
Jordan7hm	2 picks

Ginette Reno	1 pick

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
let everyone finish their teams imo, to the biggest nerd go the spoils

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
we're on track to finish this week guys! i'm so proud of you all. now let's take care of those 13th forwards

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
also my team is euro as gently caress:

Swiss:
Meier

Russian:
Radulov

Finnish:
Honka

Swedish:
Forsberg
Stralman
Hjalmarsson
Heed

Czech:
Sobotka
Jagr
Jaskin
Sedlak

Canadian:
Seguin
Letang
R.Strome
Dell

American:
Connor
Schneider
Compher
O'Regan
A.Greene

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 15, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Tyler Bertuzzi

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Kari Lehtonen is a goalie who can back Murray up. On a one year deal to hit the cap floor I think he's actually a good choice.

Floor basically achieved. You know what? Nick Suzuki is gonna be a star. So I'll take him.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

Kari Lehtonen is a goalie who can back Murray up. On a one year deal to hit the cap floor I think he's actually a good choice.

Floor basically achieved. You know what? Nick Suzuki is gonna be a star. So I'll take him.

Doing the ole Rutherford strategy eh? Though I guess Lehtonen is probably better than Niemi.

I'm kinda surprised Lehtonen never figured it out. I remember him when he was young and he looked as talented as Maf to me, and he's even bigger. Surprised he didn't end up being better.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

I'll take Riley Sheahan

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

So now that my 12 forwards, 6 D, 2 G and coach have been picked, it's time to delve into the extra picks. My first extra pick is a forward. This guy is a LW and has good possession stats in limited games, they should make the Jackets this upcoming season. Plus they're waiver exempt, always a bonus when dealing with young guys. So come on down Markus Hannikainen.

MacArthur - Couturier - Pominville
Vatrano - Lindholm - Puljujarvi
Jokinen - Eller - Noesen
Comeau - Ryan - Weise
Hannikainen

Hedman - Klingberg
Klefbom - Pesce
Kempny - Pysyk

Talbot
Jarry

Coach: Bill Peters

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I am still phone posting so sorry I am being lovely at updating the sheet... But anywho Daniel Carr is supposed to be okay.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Perds select Michael Hutchinson

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Tarasenko
Pacioretty - Larkin - Miller
Beleskey - Barzal - B. Ritchie
XXXX - Jarnkrok - Donskoi
XXXX/XXXX
(Roslovic)

Chychrun - Petrovic
Koekkoek - Coburn
Olofsson - Santini
XXXX
(Liljegren)

Mrazek
Hutchinson
(Sorokin)

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Up next:
take me you ANIMAL (until 2:08 PM EST)
T-Bone
Aye Doc
Boomer The Cannon
Thufir

Skipped:
Verviticus
Iodised QQ
Jonathan Fisk
JoelJoel
FBS
Jamwad Hilder

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
The Avs add Peter Cehlarik.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The guy I probably should have picked last round, had a really good year in the AHL and looks poised to play for the Caps this year: Christian Djoos (another Swede!) -- kind of a soft bottom three with Djoos/Honka/Heed, but they're all dudes who can skate and move the puck and I've got three pretty solid suppression guys in my top four so I think it'd work out well. Plus New NHL, yadda, yadda. This team is ending up more under the cap than I expected. Penciling in Jagr at 5m I should end up with around 7-9m left in cap space.

Meier - Seguin - Forsberg
Connor - Sobotka - Radulov
Jaskin - R.Strome - Jagr
O'Regan-Sedlak-Compher
?/?

Hjalmarsson - Letang
A.Greene - Stralman
Djoos - Honka
Heed

Schneider
Dell

Head Coach Jon Cooper

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 15, 2017

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I am still phone posting so sorry I am being lovely at updating the sheet... But anywho Daniel Carr is supposed to be okay.

eat my god drat butt. the only guy left on my list and you take him. dick.

i'll dig into the well of picks past, and take Phillip Di Giuseppe

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Zach Senyshyn I guess?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Making a move for 18-19, Calgary takes Valeri Nichushkin.

Based off this move, we claim 'Lets Go Crazy' by Prince as our goal song.

Gaudreau - Galchenyuk - Nyquist
Killorn - Anisimov - Athanasiou
Rieder - Dubois - Boedker
Kuhnhakl - Eakin - Leipsic
x Nichushkin

Carlsson - Trouba
Nutivarra - Barrie
Forbort - Carrick
x Polak

Jones
Pickard

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 15, 2017

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Gimme Jason Garrison

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Almost down to the final 2 rounds

Up next:
mentholmoose (until 5:48 PM EST)
Infidel Castro
glyynenstein
corn on the cop
Autopick

Skipped:
Verviticus
Iodised QQ
Jonathan Fisk
JoelJoel
FBS
Jamwad Hilder

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Guess I'll take a prospect since I am out of ideas.

German Rubtsov

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Homer prospect pick: C Vladislav Kamenev

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The Caps have run out of ideas and select the actual Cap Riley Barber.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The backup goaltenders remaining are all extremely uninspiring and the only prospect goaltenders looking to crack the league anytime soon have been taken so I'm going to homer pick the cool backup netminder who will continue to be blocked by Keith Kinkaid until the end of time, Scott Wedgewood.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Kings actually have got quite a bit of cap space thanks to their latest picks. So it's time to splurge and take Marian Gaborik for their 3rd line RW, pushing Chimera and Sceviour down.

JvR - E. Staal - Kessel
Bailey - Kesler - Grabner
Filppula - Nielsen - Gaborik
Kunitz - Vermette - Chimera
Sceviour

Keith - Martinez
Beaulieu - Seidenberg
Streit - Sustr

Rinne
Hutton

Coach: Ken Hitchcock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
kings team unironically owns

Drew Stafford's still decent and I've got the cap space for whatever he signs for. Why not.

Pearson - McDavid - Frolik
Fiala - Staal - Wheeler
Janmark - Dubinsky - Hyman
DeBrusk - Larsson - Stafford
Quenneville

Lindholm - Gudas
Martin - Niskanen
Ouellet - Weber
Auvitu

Anderson
Wedgewood

Head Coach: Darryl Sutter