Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

WampaLord posted:

So, just throwing this out here, do we suddenly see the GOP rapidly accelerate the Mueller investigation or try to move on it quickly to try to backstab Trump?

I'm just going full :tinfoil: cause it's been that kind of a crazy day.

Doubtful because many of them agree with trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Trump just doesn't use a Dog whistle and has gently caress all invested in the Republican party. He's just saying what every Republican says behind closed doors, but out in the open because he could give a gently caress who he leaves in his wake and he doesn't care if he totally exposes everything the Republicans actually believe.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I though Kelly is pretty far right, judging by his anti-immigrant stance.

idk if he's far enough right to be okay equating protestors with neo-nazis who killed a woman and critically injured several dozen others

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/897581231033819136

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Kale posted:

Because it antagonizes the media and his "enemies"

No, stop making excuses for him. He's not just some wacky prankster. He defends nazis and calls them "us". The "it's a prank! U mad!?" stuff is done.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Kale posted:

Because it antagonizes the media and his "enemies"

STOP BEING A FIGURATIVE rear end AND STOP DEFENDING LITERAL NAZI APOLOGIST

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Where's our McCarthy "At long last, have you no sense of decency?" moment?

Please be soon.

Pages ago at this point (thread moves fast when the President shits his Nazi diapers at an unrelated press conference), but I was just thinking this. Part of me feels like we've already had twelve of them, and for some reason, it just didn't take the air out of his tires.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I think it's clear all Republicans are ok with all of this, but only one is batshit crazy and stupid enough to put it on front street.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

QuoProQuid posted:

idk if he's far enough right to be okay equating protestors with neo-nazis who killed a woman and critically injured several dozen others

Well he hasn't resigned so there's your answer.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

CubanMissile posted:

I think it's clear all Republicans are ok with all of this, but only one is batshit crazy and stupid enough to put it on front street.

My only hope is this event to stick to all of the GOP like tar.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

my man have you heard of gun kata

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Okay, i'm going out for awhile. Dinner.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CubanMissile posted:

yeah, they're all in on it but you're not supposed to be so out front about it

it's like a bunch of gangsters except one can't shut the gently caress up about robbing banks and extorting people in public

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I mean, Kale is definitely right about Trump's "us vs. them" mentality, and how a lot of what Trump does is informed by his attempts to get his supporters to destroy the people he sees as his "enemies." It's just that he is also a white supremacist and neo-Nazi sympathizer. Both are true, and acting the way Trump has requires both to be true.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Annointed posted:

My only hope is this event to stick to all of the GOP like tar.

This is the best we can hope for.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The most insane part of this to me is his inability/unwillingness to manage messaging. I'm sure there's a way to word-smith his poo poo-heel position into something that at least wouldn't come accross as siding with the Nazis, (I certainly won't take a crack at it, I don't feel like burning my keyboard afterwards) but he simply cannot be bothered. It just boggles my mind.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 15, 2017

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Has anyone compiled a list of Twitter/email addresses of the CEOs still on Trump's council? Shouldn't we be spreading those to make sure they know the heat they are facing?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Annointed posted:

Jesus, explaining Trump isn't apologizing for him

He's embracing Nazis and Klansmen and pushing forward their agenda, whether he's doing it because he's racist or because he's an empty narcissistic shell desperate for approval is about as important as why Jimmy Fallon's suddenly speaking out against him

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Annointed posted:

stop shouting down people who are interested in debate and discussion, in the debate and discussion forum. If you cant tell the difference between discussion of motives and defense of motives, maybe take it to e/n for a bit.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

No, stop making excuses for him. He's not just some wacky prankster. He defends nazis and calls them "us". The "it's a prank! U mad!?" stuff is done.

It's not a defense I just think he sees the world entirely in an us vs them zero sum game where the only thing that matters is getting even with his enemies now that he's president. What about anything I've said would possibly lead you to think I'm defending this utter shitlord. It's not pranksterism the gus a vindictive shitheads to an absolute fault

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 15, 2017

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

boner confessor posted:

don't buy a gun, they're more dangerous to yourself and your family than they are to others. more than half of all gun deaths in the US are suicides or accidental shootings

if you want to defend yourself take martial arts, it will make you healthier as well

This is just the worst goddamned advice under the present circumstances. Martial Arts do not make you capable of loving defending yourself against an opponent who is legit trying to kill you. If you are genuinely concerned about yours safety get a gun, take some courses, and practice regularly.

Yeah, if we weren't facing a literal Nazi takeover of the country then the odds are that a given individual is more likely to shoot themselves than an aggressor.

Let me make this strait to the loving point. poo poo is not normal and the old rules no longer apply. If you are inexperienced with survival situations against pathological individuals then I strongly recommend you that do no inject harmful idiocy like the above post into serious discussions.

TLDR: If you don't understand pathological people then right now the best thing you can do is sit down and shut up.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So I guess infrastructure week really is forever.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Harrow posted:

I mean, Kale is definitely right about Trump's "us vs. them" mentality, and how a lot of what Trump does is informed by his attempts to get his supporters to destroy the people he sees as his "enemies." It's just that he is also a white supremacist and neo-Nazi sympathizer. Both are true, and acting the way Trump has requires both to be true.

Yup. Sessions, for example, is also a colossal racist, but he wouldn't do something like this, because sessions isn't consumed by self-obsession.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/business/trump-councils-ceos.html

quote:

Speaking at Trump Tower in New York after announcing an infrastructure initiative, Mr. Trump said that the four executives were “not taking their jobs seriously” and suggested they had stepped down from his manufacturing advisory council because they were making products overseas.

“They’re leaving out of embarrassment, because they make their products outside,” Mr. Trump said.

When asked about Merck, the drugmaker whose chief executive, Kenneth C. Frazier, was the first to step down on Monday, Mr. Trump said he had been pressuring executives to return jobs to the United States.

Continue reading the main story
“I’ve been lecturing them, including the gentleman that you’re referring to, about you have to bring it back to this country,” he said.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It's very good that the veil of "moral equivalency" is forever shattered. There's Nazis on one side and everyone else on the other.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

the black husserl posted:

I think it's time for another bigass March on Washington.

They showed their numbers. Let's show ours.

Occupy the National Mall; The New Bonus Army. Occupy, Anonymous, Deadheads, Rainbow, Street Medics, Pink Pussy Hats, Polar Bear Hats, Water Protectors, LGBTQA, Wobblies, Juggalos, Greens and Sustainability folk, Rainbow, Anticapitalists, Socalists, Communists, Anarchists... it all plays.

Kale
May 14, 2010

awesmoe posted:

stop shouting down people who are interested in debate and discussion, in the debate and discussion forum. If you cant tell the difference between discussion of motives and defense of motives, maybe take it to e/n for a bit.

Thank you bro

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sephyr posted:

Has anyone compiled a list of Twitter/email addresses of the CEOs still on Trump's council? Shouldn't we be spreading those to make sure they know the heat they are facing?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qp5sbJHxevNob3AUWqHBQ4XX8CKp5uSXuwkhKEl4K3E/edit#gid=0

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

alpha_destroy posted:

Unrelated to the big insanity we saw, want some little insanity? This cannot be real, right?

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/897570431355453451

This reads almost like Otto Warmbier's "confession" statement North Korea had him make. Complete with the "I don't deserve your mercy" stuff

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Sephyr posted:

https://twitter.com/Rypley2/status/897566222274973697

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kale posted:

Thank you bro

Sorry Kale we just had the President describe Nazis as nice people, we're a bit on edge and losing our nuance. Can we try it again tomorrow? Just let us have our freak out.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Wait a minute. the nazis "had a permit" and the people who "hate nazis" didn't.

Why weren't the nazis relegated to a "Free Speech Zone"? Isn't that how this works?

Problem solved.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Sorry Kale we just had the President describe Nazis as nice people, we're a bit on edge and losing our nuance. Can we try it again tomorrow? Just let us have our freak out.

there will literally always be things that it's appropriate to freak out about, though.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

Why weren't the nazis relegated to a "Free Speech Zone"? Isn't that how this works?

Problem solved.

Heh and now we're back to the ACLU sidetrack :)

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

awesmoe posted:

there will literally always be things that it's appropriate to freak out about, though.

It didn't use to be like this

Every loving day now

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Did anyone really nazi this coming

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

So uh... anyone else going to be in Boston this weekend?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

BiggerBoat posted:

Problem solved.

C-Ville PD were ~shook~. Also, I think you're referring to the counter-protestors. They're the ones who would've been marshaled into the 'free speech zone.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

actionjackson posted:

Did anyone really nazi this coming
:golfclap:

• Locked thread