Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I am looking for alien psychic fish monsters. They're supposed to be aliens from Titan, the frozen moon from Jupiter, and I'd appreciate if they looked as alien as humanly possible.

I recognize it's an odd request, and any help is really appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

paradoxGentleman posted:

I am looking for alien psychic fish monsters. They're supposed to be aliens from Titan, the frozen moon from Jupiter, and I'd appreciate if they looked as alien as humanly possible.

So I'm guessing you don't want to literally use Aboleths.

Other options that are not literally Aboleths:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

paradoxGentleman posted:

https://www.google.com/search?q=con...iw=1366&bih=599

Concept art from the Cameron Movie, The Abyss

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

paradoxGentleman posted:

I think you mean Europa? Titan orbits Saturn.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Tardzilla posted:

Hello thread, I need help finding imposing looking fire witches and/or sorceresses. Any art would be appreciated!

SkySteak posted:

With intergalactic travel comes intergalactic pirates, the scourge of the stars!

Please post space pirates! People, bases, ships and such, all is welcome!

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Continuing with scifi, I need npcs for Star Wars. Its hard to find SW stuff without lightsabers. I just want doctors and senators and stuff mostly, but if its really cool, obviously I'll take it. Thanks.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Thanks for the suggestions, and the lesson in solar system geography.

ButtWolf posted:

Continuing with scifi, I need npcs for Star Wars. Its hard to find SW stuff without lightsabers. I just want doctors and senators and stuff mostly, but if its really cool, obviously I'll take it. Thanks.

I would recommend checking out the species from Stellaris. http://www.stellariswiki.com/Species

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I need gnomes. Preferably of the spellcasting variety. All I've got is this:

And he's great, but I kinda used him for a pretty memorable NPC a while back and I don't want to double-dip.

The Crotch fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 31, 2017

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

The Crotch posted:

I need gnomes. Preferably of the spellcasting variety. All I've got is this:

And he's great, but I kinda used him for a pretty memorable NPC a while back and I don't want to double-dip.

by Matias Tapia; Matias Tapia; Arman Akopian; Eric Belisle

by Carolina Eade; ???; Bryan Syme; Caravan Studio

by Egil Thompson; SirTiefling; armandeo64; Brolo

by Windmaker; Josh Ketchen; Ian Perks; Xavier Collette

by Fabian Mense; Mitch Cotie; Tony Foti

ButtWolf posted:

Half this stuff is more along the lines of smugglers / bounty hunters but it's what I got, so shrug!

by Aurelian Rantet; Evgeny Yrin; Otto Metzger; Kory Hubbel

by Cristi Balanescu; Phoebe Campbell; Miguel Regodón; SirHanselot

by Brandon Liao; Lake Hurwitz; Olve Askim; witchingbones

by Tony Foti; Fang Wang Lin; Cristi Balanescu; Cristi Balanescu

Wol fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jul 31, 2017

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's a huge help. Thanks a ton!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I need a portrait for a male Troubleshooter in Paranoia. The smarmier the better.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Wol posted:

by Matias Tapia; Matias Tapia; Arman Akopian; Eric Belisle

These are amazing.

That first one is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I need pictures of spider-man elves!
However they need to be modern to sci-fi/cyberpunk elves, preferably with some cyberbits.
Both male and female in this case. It's for NPC portraits for a Shadowrun campaign.
Already have all the Shadowrun Returns portraits for that part.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Cuchulain posted:

These are amazing.

That first one is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Sometimes a guy just needs to barf colours, you know?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I'm looking for an old, sick of this poo poo cop/security-type, male. Think two-days-from-retirement. If he's set in a postapocalyptic scene that would be just perfect.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

SirPhoebos posted:

I need a portrait for a male Troubleshooter in Paranoia. The smarmier the better.

I just realized that anything outside of actual Paranoia products would be "basically Mario but sick of this poo poo." Also no facial hair*

*unless he's a commie

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
So I was reading about extinct Ratites, as you do, when I stumbled on this picture.

Without proper context or scale this thing is horrifying as gently caress. When you know it's from a 3 foot tall bird slightly less so. Still I think it would be great for any sort of modern supernatural campaign.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wol posted:

SO MUCH STUFF

Thank you so much!

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Just saw these and thought of y'all:

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

These are goddamn adorable.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

^^^ They're awesome, and remind me of HTTYD's grunkles. Could easily imagine McLovin riding around on one of those.

Any good pictures of psychics wielding weapons with telekinesis (rather than weird glowy mind-blades)?

My google searches give me the obvious Kreia fight from KotOR2, and a disturbing amount of My Little Pony/Final Fantasy crossovers.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Seeking African female warriors and mystics/priests who would fit the Conan: The Barbarian campaign setting. Archers would be a nice bonus. Thanks for the help -- I'm having some trouble finding stuff that's got the right feel!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I need some fallen or ragged looking knights. People who look like they live on the road instead of at court and love them some heavy armor.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

my cat is norris posted:

Seeking African female warriors and mystics/priests who would fit the Conan: The Barbarian campaign setting. Archers would be a nice bonus. Thanks for the help -- I'm having some trouble finding stuff that's got the right feel!

Night10194 posted:

I need some fallen or ragged looking knights. People who look like they live on the road instead of at court and love them some heavy armor.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Friends, countrymen, lend me your biggest, baddest vikings! Either gender, the huger and the crazier the better.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

my cat is norris posted:

Don't have as many as I'd like, but,

Night10194 posted:

ProfessorProf posted:

Friends, countrymen, lend me your biggest, baddest vikings! Either gender, the huger and the crazier the better.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Well, that should do perfectly. Even has the tooth of some monstrous thing for a necklace.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

my cat is norris posted:

Well, when I saw this it reminded me of Sword and Sorcery book covers and movie posters:
http://i.imgur.com/hxgMLCM.jpg

...but that's probably not what you're looking for, so maybe these are better:

I found a few more that I wasn't sure would or pretty sure wouldn't fit a Conan theme, but I'm including them for posterity:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I could use some dragon/lizard witches. Preferably not super horny ones.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Mikedawson posted:

Kobolds work?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Many thanks for all the great inspiration!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's a whole series of these:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I'm not even sure why, but it doesn't sit right with me that they all have six limbs.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MMAgCh posted:

I'm not even sure why, but it doesn't sit right with me that they all have six limbs.

Centaurs and centaur-type things make no sense. They have two torsos. Do they have 2 sets of lungs? 2 hearts? 2 ribcages separated by one of 2 digestive tracts? The alternatives are just as alarming to contemplate.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mr. Lobe posted:

Centaurs and centaur-type things make no sense. They have two torsos. Do they have 2 sets of lungs? 2 hearts? 2 ribcages separated by one of 2 digestive tracts? The alternatives are just as alarming to contemplate.
I admittedly wouldn't even bat an eyelid at an ordinary half-human centaur, but when it's dogs it's just… :psyboom:

On an unrelated note, here are a bunch of gritty-ish character portraits if anyone has need of this sort of thing! The first one actually depicts various characters from the Steven Erikson novel Gardens of the Moon, which is extra neat. (Edit: apparently I already posted these like three years ago. :negative:)

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 8, 2017

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

I guess they're...half normal dog and half-furry? So 3/4ths dog, 1/4th human?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Mikedawson posted:

Hearthstone got you covered:

I'm actually needing a bunch of Lizard witches/warriors/everything for a campaign I'm setting up, anyone else got any for sharing?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Search "Viashino" from MTG. All classes of society represented there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Lord Frisk posted:

Search "Viashino" from MTG. All classes of society represented there.

Thanks very much, this is the exact guy I needed: