Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ronald grump is a shitlib, what a shocker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I am very down with centrist poo poo stains sinking with Trump's ship.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

This is The Best News holy :lol:

bad dems are the height of dishonesty, it's no wonder they have worse favorability ratings than Trump

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

Dems are afraid the health industry lobbies will oppose it, and convinced that any attempt to meaningfully improve things will be met by big TV ad campaigns that will somehow immediately sink the effort. they've decided that it's so impossible that it's pointless and self-destructive to even try

at this point, they've basically brainwashed themselves, because this has been going on for literal generations. Truman proposed a public option in loving 1945 (the AMA called him a commie, and then the Republicans won both houses of Congress)

also, a lot of the last generation or two of Dems have been utterly bought and paid for anyway, and wouldn't dare do anything to disappoint a CEO. but they still justify it to themselves with the same old "oh, the lobbyists would just oppose it and kill it anyway, better to save my political capital and collect their money while I work with them to write a bill they'll allow to pass"

Yeah, as Main Paineframe says, it's largely a sort of learned/inherited "common sense." Most of these people aren't literally thinking "this would be good to do, but I don't want to do it because of my donors"; they just convince themselves that it's either not entirely necessary or that it might make things worse. In general, irrational fear of making things worse is a big part of liberal/centrist ideology, since it's the natural mindset of privileged people (who don't personally have much to gain from policy like UHC). On an emotional level, they feel more concerned at the idea that more "radical" reform might break what (to them) is a working system, so they would rather tweak things in a way that is guaranteed to preserve their current quality of life.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

We drink the smoke, we ride the noise
We drink the smoke, we ride the noise
And you say it's necessary
And you forget the ordinary
But I say, on the wheel of time
Scour the earth and find
The orphans of forgetting,
All the orphans of forgetting
Give them stars for math and praise for good play
Here's a Band-Aid, happy birthday
Yes, of course I did remember
I remember everything

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

call to action posted:

ICP has been antifascist and antiracist for as long as you fuckers have been drawing air

lol no they aint, young grasshopper

not for that long but i support them in their fight even if i dont understand their music

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, as Main Paineframe says, it's largely a sort of learned/inherited "common sense." Most of these people aren't literally thinking "this would be good to do, but I don't want to do it because of my donors"; they just convince themselves that it's either not entirely necessary or that it might make things worse. In general, irrational fear of making things worse is a big part of liberal/centrist ideology, since it's the natural mindset of privileged people (who don't personally have much to gain from policy like UHC). On an emotional level, they feel more concerned at the idea that more "radical" reform might break what (to them) is a working system, so they would rather tweak things in a way that is guaranteed to preserve their current quality of life.

we call that t h e d i c t a t o r s h i p o f t h e b o u r g e o i s i e

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
turns out trump gets re-elected in 2020, not because of Bad Dems running a Bad Dem, but because Donald Trump:

- blames fascist murders on "alt leftists"
- trusts the free market above all else
- believes in respecting police more
- impotently burns tens of millions of taxpayer dollars on mildly loving up an airfield in syria
- gives all his money to women
- cheers "yaaassss" when khaleesi ordered her dragons to burn that guy
- will be the next to suffer the curse of the lion of syria, bashar al-assad, inshallah

and all the shitlibs vote for him

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

out: "alt-left"
in: "dominance politics"

Jeet Heer strikes me as someone who intellectually understands that the left is superior, but has some emotional hang-ups about it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ytlaya posted:

Jeet Heer strikes me as someone who intellectually understands that the left is superior, but has some emotional hang-ups about it.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

:allears:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

call to action posted:

ICP has been antifascist and antiracist for as long as you fuckers have been drawing air

icp are the dopiest and most harmless thing a disaffected young white man can latch onto

once upon a time i would have said that was anime but, well

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

did trump just kill centrist use of "alt left"?

hopefully lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Jazerus posted:

icp are the dopiest and most harmless thing a disaffected young white man can latch onto

once upon a time i would have said that was anime but, well
thank god for the future where we have nite crew instead :smugdon:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

"there has to be a third way"

lmao no get yer head checked :milk: the way's over here let's go you're holding us up now cmon

a third way you say? :abuela:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

thank god for the future where we have nite crew instead :smugdon:

NC are juggalos now?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ThndrShk2k posted:

NC are juggalos now?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

ThndrShk2k posted:

NC are juggalos now?

nc is harmless now ? :thunk:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i will say this: advocate non-violence. do not look for fights. do not threaten opponents. do not use violent rhetoric. i know emotions are high but this is a struggle for doing what's right. do not allow violence to taint that which is good.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Frijolero posted:

I have no doubt in my mind that our working class Juggalo comrades will beat up some suburban momma's boy alt-righters.

I'm hyped for MAGALLO BOWL I.

Vegas needs to set up some prop bets for this.

Richard Spencer KOd by a woman in clown makeup: -250

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i will say this: advocate non-violence. do not look for fights. do not threaten opponents. do not use violent rhetoric. i know emotions are high but this is a struggle for doing what's right. do not allow violence to taint that which is good.

thanks lib

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/onesarahjones/status/897553854312665091

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i advocate that peace which is the absence of nazis :getin:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Austin Walker has some thoughts, and they're worth reading.

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/897571439380807680

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Al! posted:

thanks lib

:rolleyes: yes because i dont want our movement to be marginalized as violent im a liberal. i believe in self defense but do not become like the alt-right with violent rhetoric and be consumed by bloodymindedness.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
fuckers need to learn praxis and discipline. you will get nowhere as an unruly mob. study how to protest. study how to deal with the police and the opposition.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

be consumed by bloodymindedness.

August 19th there will be 10 or so more of these. Prepare to be disappointed my man.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
that's what i'm afraid of.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
do you people even know police riot tactics? do you know how kettling works? do some research. i'm being serious here. if you dont learn how to conduct yourself in a protest or, god forbid, an actual riot you're gonna get your asses kicked. you're very eager for violence but have little understanding of its applications.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh man where are you getting these c/ps from

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

source your quotes

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

The day Trump condemned the alt-left is when he truly became President.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
al im being serious here. laugh it off if you want but there's currently a poo poo ton of people looking at felony charges for what occurred at the trump inauguration and the people being identified pulling down the statute in durham will be looking at felony charges too. police would love nothing more than to gently caress your life up. make fun of me for these posts if you want. tell me im having a meltdown or whatever, but im posting from the heart when i say that violent rhetoric and violent action will not end well for you when there are opportunities to do things non-violently.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

al im being serious here. laugh it off if you want but there's currently a poo poo ton of people looking at felony charges for what occurred at the trump inauguration and the people being identified pulling down the statute in durham will be looking at felony charges too. police would love nothing more than to gently caress your life up. make fun of me for these posts if you want. tell me im having a meltdown or whatever, but im posting from the heart when i say that violent rhetoric and violent action will not end well for you when there are opportunities to do things non-violently.

oh me i condemn violence in all its forms and will never be involved in a violent street altercation :q:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I'm pretty sure the cops consider protesting to be violent action

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

best edit

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lessail posted:

I'm pretty sure the cops consider protesting to be violent action

so why give them even more reason to gently caress with you? im not saying dont defend yourself, im saying dont instigate poo poo.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Counterpoint: tearing down Confederate monuments w/o authorization is violent & criminal, but also awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Yudo posted:

It's hard to say exactly but in short yes, they have taken a hit. For example: Ruger, a publicly traded gun maker, is going to miss their earnings expectations by a lot and their stock price is suffering.

so they'll have sales perfectly timed for antifa to arm?

• Locked thread