Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Skippy Granola posted:

Cokebomb will fight anyone or anything. Big guys, small guys, a teacup filled with rice pudding, ANYTHING

I was wondering where my pudding went.

Thorn needs to learn to count

ThornBrain posted:

Act II finally begins, plus monster buddies wrecking the poo poo out of each other.

SV footage recording also underway now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Pubert is the very image of professionalism... or maybe not? I mean, he's opening his personal store in his swimwear...

The Buddy Battle gets kind of wrecked when you show up with a team of boss monsters; even the last match is pretty much a non-issue when they spend the entire fight asleep. As to where Lin Fa gets her monsters... well, some questions are probably better left unanswered.

And the "dramatic reveal" of Doug's spy-ness. Meh. He wasn't a very good spy, as mentioned by Thorn.

...Not much to say about this one, to be honest.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Year 2 begins with some old idiots, some new.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Holy moly that soldier scene was tedious.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Winter brings thoughts of mortality. Time to knuckle down on pairing up the populace!

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
You know, when Toby and Renee were fishing I was half expecting them to get their lines and/or hooks tangled together. Like, "Oh, I caught something! Wait, it's just your hook."

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

quote:

Tarp-On

*twicth*

quote:

Tarp-On

*twitch*twitch*

quote:

Tarp-On

Aaaaagh! It's pronounced tahr-pun! TAHR-PUN!

*huff* *huff* *huff*

Uh, sorry. I grew up in South Florida. It's kinda their thing, there.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I hope you literally lost breath while typing.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
everyone wants a winter wedding!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Updates will resume next week, but I'm taking a different direction with the LPs for the next several weeks. Instead of each LP getting a new part over the course of the week, I'm going to upload a part of the same LP on Tuesday and Friday, starting with RF4 this Tuesday. The reasons are because we're pretty worn out after recording three videos, but we've also run out the Breath of the Wild backlog, so we need to keep up with that as well since it's a far more popular LP. We're also near the ends of Story of Seasons and Animal Parade's LPs, only 5-7 parts for either. Working on each of these LPs in chunks is better for us. It'll be one less video per week for this thread, but it's not going anywhere. Another couple months and it'll just be down to RF4, and then Stardew Valley will begin sometime after.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

Updates will resume next week, but I'm taking a different direction with the LPs for the next several weeks. Instead of each LP getting a new part over the course of the week, I'm going to upload a part of the same LP on Tuesday and Friday, starting with RF4 this Tuesday. The reasons are because we're pretty worn out after recording three videos, but we've also run out the Breath of the Wild backlog, so we need to keep up with that as well since it's a far more popular LP. We're also near the ends of Story of Seasons and Animal Parade's LPs, only 5-7 parts for either. Working on each of these LPs in chunks is better for us. It'll be one less video per week for this thread, but it's not going anywhere. Another couple months and it'll just be down to RF4, and then Stardew Valley will begin sometime after.

Well uh, good on you. This is already more of a complication than I'd be able to deal with so props on you for sorting things out.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Where do you even find the time to run (technically) four different LPs simultaneously, Thorn? I'm mystified that you can update at all, much less on a consistent weekly schedule.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Though my idiotic comments may speak otherwise, I really enjoy your LP's Thornbrain. The amount of work you put into them is truly impressive, and the rapport you share with your guests is very enjoyable!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

KieranWalker posted:

Where do you even find the time to run (technically) four different LPs simultaneously, Thorn? I'm mystified that you can update at all, much less on a consistent weekly schedule.

Thanks to Patreon it's effectively my job.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ThornBrain posted:

Thanks to Patreon it's effectively my job.

I suppose that would do it, yeah. I'm still not used to this newfangled concept of self-employment through Patreon donations; I tend to think everybody still has a day job.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

First of this week's two RF4 updates also happens to be the first half of our next dungeon, the yet-another-cave-with-not-a-lot-in-it Idra Cave.

KieranWalker posted:

I suppose that would do it, yeah. I'm still not used to this newfangled concept of self-employment through Patreon donations; I tend to think everybody still has a day job.

To be fair, it's that coupled with a lucky rental situation that not everyone can duplicate.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Maybe those soldiers think the place is bad because of allergies?

I'm surprised Dylas has that "DOUG!" voiced line; I've never run into it.

The true strength of tamed bosses, I believe, is that they are pretty much universally SMARTER than anything else you can tame (and some villagers, too), and their attacks tend to be far more effective as well. If you can get them a statistical advantage on top of that...

We meet (what probably should be) the first monster that actually offers to join you rather than needing to tame it! And yes, it's a pretty good one, I'd say.

...yeah, I got a whole lot of not very much to say to this one.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Wow, Brown is a little demolition machine. I'm impressed.

You know, every time I see that horse boss, I think to myself, "Nightmare Moon is pissed!"

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Second half of Idra Cave, plus a diversion with ants and buckets.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
...Did Xiao Pai just imply that she KNITTED a Chinese Manju?

Dammit Bado, what was that you said before about not having the heart to go through with scamming people? Either do it or don't! Half-assing it like this just wastes everyone's time! And how is it physically possible to play a harp so badly it literally hurts, anyway? Also, he might actually sell things better if he just admits "this looks like a normal (insert object here), and that's because it is!"

I'd say there's no particular distinction between Ethelberd and the Sechs Empire, since he rules it.

...I think I've already said most of what there is to say about this game by now, really.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

CptWedgie posted:

...Did Xiao Pai just imply that she KNITTED a Chinese Manju?
Yes, yes she did.

Her talents are very impressive.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, the attacks Terraclone puts out look pretty similar to original Terrable's moveset.

The little spin kick is the same, I think, and it looked like that move where he rears back and lightning starts falling was the same. In RF1 that would chase you around for a while, and it may have in this game too, but I think your monster interrupted it. That meteor move is also pulled straight from his RF1 boss appearance.

Apparently he didn't get the memo about increasing player character power-creep, though. Poor guy.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Chopping down trees to build trees.

PS: I can now confirm that SoS will end with Part 30, which with our current recording/upload schedule should be around September 29.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 8, 2017

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
So for rune factory 4 is there any time limit on any part of the game? Or is the only "time limit" just being able to complete requests before the season needed is over, making you wait until it comes around again to finish it?

Really liking the LP cause there was so much I didn't know, and I'm in awe that you are where you are and its only summer. I think I was into Fall before I got to where you are now. And that is after a one or two restarts to complete stuff more quickly.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Broose posted:

So for rune factory 4 is there any time limit on any part of the game? Or is the only "time limit" just being able to complete requests before the season needed is over, making you wait until it comes around again to finish it?

Really liking the LP cause there was so much I didn't know, and I'm in awe that you are where you are and its only summer. I think I was into Fall before I got to where you are now. And that is after a one or two restarts to complete stuff more quickly.

There doesn't seem to be any literal timers that I can think of. Even the times people say "we're doing this tonight, so be there at ____PM" for a town event, you can wait multiple days before you actually go there and have the cutscene. The only things that are actually affected by time are shops and festivals.

Oh, I'm still being corrected on multiple things every part, but it just means we're all learning together. :v:
I might have been able to unlock the blue crystal flowers and their request if I'd hauled rear end more and got to Sercerezo Hill before Spring ended, but I can deal with it. Just means once Spring rolls around again, I'll already be done with the following three requests.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Fritz is now officially the Best Boyfriend.

On a side note, for those enjoying RF4, you should also check out the other RF screenshot threads going on right now: LordHippoman's RF2, Haifisch's RF3, and Truthkeeper's RF4 (who is further along than I am, spoiler warning).

Also, the last of Animal Parade's footage has been recorded, so that should conclude with either part 28 or 29, depending on how much I want to squeeze into the final part. That too will be near the end of September.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Elise sure seems moo-ndere. :v:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Best takes charge of everyone's happily-ever-after. Ends up pretty same-y.
On the plus side, the game will finally live up to its title this Friday. :woop:

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Jade Rider posted:

Elise sure seems moo-ndere. :v:

Honk but speaking of cows I want someone to gif Best riding the her cow around like the wonderful dumbass she is as well as Hellhole clapping.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

ThornBrain posted:

On the plus side, the game will finally live up to its title this Friday. :woop:

Hot diggity!

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
LP made me bust out RF4 again and I still have no clue how the upgrading (and to a smaller extent forging/crafting itself) equipment system works no matter how much I read the FAQs over and over.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The moment you all and Skippy have been waiting for.

We also talk briefly about a different type of cutie: babies! Which seems like a good point to open more viewer suggestions and voting for Rune Factory 4. We've already voted for Forte to be our future wife, so next vote on what gender you'd like our eventual child to be (or vote to leave it up to fate), as well as give suggestions for their name.
The LP will probably conclude after the birth. There won't be much else I'll want to show off after that, since a completionist run is even more unreasonable than with the other two LPs.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My wife is staunchly on the pie side of the cake/pie divide, if that helps prove Chase wrong.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 19, 2017

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
That was pretty much my favorite episode of Animal Parade. The radio jockey sound effects and Skippy overloading on cuteness had me in stitches. :allears:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
We need a baby Best to complete the farming sim trifecta.

Also, while I absolutely love cake, I'm pretty sure it's because I'm fat as hell.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Let's have a boy named Pubert to make things nice and symmetrical.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The child of Forte can only be the Best daughter.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Shei-kun posted:

I support this idea.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Shei-kun posted:

Supporting as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
Name the son of Forte - Bass.

• Locked thread