Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
so sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

WHY NOT DONE

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
How do?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
We

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

We

Edit; GODDAMIITTTT.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
JOBS.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Charlottesville sad

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Alt = One
Left = Rail

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Egbert Souse posted:

When is Trump going to highlight how Benedict Arnold has been treated unfairly all these years?

"If the Fake News did their research like I did, and I did more research than anybody, ANYBODY, they would know that the Rosenbergs were actually HELPING the U.S. Govt. and they were treated very unfairly, very very unfairly by those federal judges. So who's to say what they did was actually wrong? Klaus Fuchs, Harry Gold, Greenglass? Top quality individuals, such a shame, such a shame. Next question, no NOT YOU, fake news, fake news, you there, let's hear from Cernovich..."

-45th President Of The United States, next week at a speech addressing National Family Fun Month at the University Of Iowa Children's Hospital

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Kak posted:

Anderson Cooper just said 'human being'

Link be, please? I want to see him (presumably) dumping all over the group who uses that term.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

E: Quoted something from like 20 pages back, drat thread moves fast.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
The transcript of the presser is worth a read for a bunch of lols.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us/politics/trump-press-conference-transcript.html

Like when Trump explains how important nuance is to him and how he's gotta have all the facts before he speaks.

quote:

TRUMP: I didn’t wait long. I didn’t wait long. I wanted to make sure, unlike most politicians, that what I said was correct, not make a quick statement. The statement I made on Saturday, the first statement, was a fine statement but you don’t make statements that direct unless you know the facts. It takes a little while to get the facts. You still don’t know the facts. It is a very, very important process to me. It is a very important statement. So I don’t want to go quickly and just make a statement for the sake of making a political statement. I want to know the facts. If you go back to my statement, I brought it. I brought it. ...

When I make a statement, I like to be correct. I want the facts. This event just happened. In fact, a lot of the event didn’t happen yet as we were speaking. This event just happened. Before I make a statement, I need the facts. So I don’t want to rush into a statement.

In fact, everybody said his statement was beautiful. If he would have made it sooner, that would have been good. I couldn’t have made it sooner, because I didn’t know all of the facts. Frankly, people still don’t know all of the facts. It was very important — [cross talk] excuse me, excuse me. It was very important to me to get the facts out and correctly. Because if I would have made a fast statement — and the first statement was made without knowing much other than what we were seeing. The second statement was made with knowledge, with great knowledge.

Bannon is hosed.

quote:

REPORTER: But can you tell us broadly, do you still have confidence in Steve?

TRUMP: Well, we’ll see… Look, look, I like Mr. Bannon. He is a friend of mine. Mr. Bannon came on very late. You know that. I went through 17 senators, governors and I won all the primaries. Mr. Bannon came on very much later than that.

#NotAllNazis

quote:

TRUMP: All of those people — Excuse me — I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch.
REPORTER: The neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest —

TRUMP: Excuse me. They didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis. And you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.

BUT THEY HAD A PERMIT!!

quote:

Because I don’t know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit. So I only tell you this. There are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country, a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country. Does anybody have a final question? Do you have an infrastructure question?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Catastrophe posted:

Link be, please? I want to see him (presumably) dumping all over the group who uses that term.

Some guy on CNN was saying that the counter-protestors were chanting "Black Lives Matter" and that's bad. Then Cooper shut that down saying the other side was chanting something with "Faggots" in it and it's not even close to the same thing.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

LOL

-Tanner

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

at this point in time, isn't that any joke about trump?

True, but some people are shooting fresher fish within that barrel

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Tophat posted:

True, but some people are shooting fresher fish within that barrel

right because plummeting approval ratings jokes are fresh as hell

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

right because plummeting approval ratings jokes are fresh as hell

Argggghhhh drat it, I've been undone, I just tried to combine two jokes into one

*jumps into barrel*

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bitch I invented the GBS hates women meme

To be fair, that's a drat good meme. Thank you for your service.

Murder the government. No war but the class war.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
*in an alternate time stream, where Trump is POTUS during WWII*

Yes, what happened last weekend was infamous. A very infamous. But not all those people there were being infamous. I'm sure some were good people. What about those Alt-left soldiers who came out shooting at the as you call them, "Japanese Military Forces"? Those Alt-Left They came charging out with their anti aircraft guns and destroyers. There was violence on both sides. I'll say it.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I think the confusion is that the neo-Nazis didn't explicitly name their group a neo-Nazi group, so clearly they're not neo-Nazis.

Just like how hotels used to get dozens of Mr. & Mrs. John Smith on the ledger for some reason.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

PathAsc posted:

To be fair, that's a drat good meme. Thank you for your service.

Murder the government. No war but the class war.

excuse me but all violence is wrong

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Dely Apple posted:

I used to think /pol/ and related shitheaps were all ironic kids and trolls

Now I see no one there is actually ironic

blame FYAD for trending ironic racism and 4chan for running it into the ground [insert niggerstomper copypasta here about it being a Jungian expression of the unrestrained tribal consciousness]

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Lots of CHUDS and libs are duelling it out on facebook right now, I guess

https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/status/897628676761825280

"I guess you have to look it up, to figure out if you are one." - My wife

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

angryrobots posted:

"I guess you have to look it up, to figure out if you are one." - My wife

*Borat voice* MY WIFE

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

haljordan posted:

Oh my god the best loving part:

This is Trump.
He's as bad as can, and he knows he's the best.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-eN1W8BP0

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Velvet Elvis posted:

This is Trump.

The chud from Staind covered this lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XhGQisD040

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

*Borat voice* MY WIFE

man gbs hates women

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

tpink posted:

The transcript of the presser is worth a read for a bunch of lols.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us/politics/trump-press-conference-transcript.html
Trumps right. One group of people were there simply to protest the taking down of a Confederate statue by chanting "BLOOD AND SOIL" and "JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US".

THEY HAD A PERMIT, drat IT!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

tpink posted:

BUT THEY HAD A PERMIT!!

Excuse me but I do not need a permit to stand up against neo-Nazis. I don't care what the president thinks because he is a mush-brained retarded retard. If you think Nazis marching is ok if they have a permit but people showing up to say "but no" are evil, just go jump off the tallest cliff you can find.

Same for beating the living christ out of white supremacists. Punching people is bad, punching people is illegal. Punching "people" advocating for the genocide of Jewish people and minorities is super good, though. Be a good person and don't refrain from doing the most damage possible to someone walking down the street throwing Nazi salutes. These groups need to be crushed into the ground ASAP so they know they're not welcome and are wrong.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 16, 2017

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/897627106649276416

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Velvet Elvis posted:

This is Trump.

i genuinely like this song and miss beetlejuice calling in or getting called, whatever regularly

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

My favorite part of his speech, talking about the riots:

"I watched them closely, way more closely than you" lmao. He has to be the best at EVERYTHING, even watching tv

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Catastrophe posted:

Excuse me but I do not need a permit to stand up against neo-Nazis. I don't care what the president thinks because he is a mush-brained retarded retard. If you think Nazis marching is ok if they have a permit but people showing up to say "but no" are evil, just go jump off the tallest cliff you can find.

Same for beating the living christ out of white supremacists. Punching people is bad, punching people is illegal. Punching "people" advocating for the genocide of Jewish people and minorities is super good, though. Don't be a bad person and refrain from doing the most damage possible to someone walking down the street throwing Nazi salutes. These groups need to be crushed into the ground ASAP so they know they're not welcome and are wrong.

i tHiNk YoUlL FiNd AlL vIoLeNcE iS bAd - maga chud who is afraid of getting hit at a rally

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/897620918280892419

mitt romney is more antifa than a tons of hashtag resistance civility police coward libs

what a loving time to be alive. willard mitt romney is p. down w/ antifa

im still not convinced my brain isn't free associating as i lay in a coma.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Catastrophe posted:

Same for beating the living christ out of white supremacists. Punching people is bad, punching people is illegal. Punching "people" advocating for the genocide of Jewish people and minorities is super good, though. Be a good person and don't refrain from doing the most damage possible to someone walking down the street throwing Nazi salutes. These groups need to be crushed into the ground ASAP so they know they're not welcome and are wrong.

Are u the alt left?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tiny Lowtax posted:

"I watched them closely, way more closely than you" lmao. He has to be the best at EVERYTHING, even watching tv

To be fair, ALL he does is watch TV, so he's probably pretty good at it.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

i tHiNk YoUlL FiNd AlL vIoLeNcE iS bAd - maga chud who is afraid of getting hit at a rally

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tiny Lowtax posted:

He said like four times he knows,more than the reporters know. When will it be released?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Imo the alt left needs to go back to their mid century roots and start bombing things if they really want me to take them seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

i genuinely like this song and miss beetlejuice calling in or getting called, whatever regularly

Me too, my friend.