Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

Isnt this exactly the situation where you call in the national guard?

They did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

at least punk music is gonna be good over the next few years

Do the needful, Propagandhi

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Strike Anywhere's logo is a literal antifascist symbol.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
It feels like I've put myself in an echo chamber; everybody I follow, read, or subscribe to is in agreement.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I care about anybody whose opinions don't align with "gently caress NAZIS".

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

FrozenVent posted:

It feels like I've put myself in an echo chamber; everybody I follow, read, or subscribe to is in agreement.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I care about anybody whose opinions don't align with "gently caress NAZIS".

I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that some of my friends were posting things on Facebook telling Nazis to gently caress off.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Capn Beeb posted:

also .30-06 is $$$bullshit$$$ and the modern stuff can kill Garands if you don't have a adjustable gas plug and some other gizmos perhaps

There's some M1 specific ammo out there. Mine* loves the Prvi Partizan stuff, and if you look it's often cheaper than "normal" .30-06.

*My 1944 M1. :smug:

Come on, CMP. Get those milsurp 1911s...

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Glad CO doesn't give much of a gently caress. I could probably walk in and out of a gun shop without issue in an hour with a 1911.

But I like my cheap brazilian .357 already in the closet.

Universal background checks that you gotta pay for, and 15-round magazine limits that cost the state thousands of jobs are pretty dumb laws

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

at least punk music is gonna be good over the next few years

:yeah:

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
The day of the protests one of my oldest friends who is a hard core republican touched base to say gently caress nazis. Anyone in my expanded circle who is pro nazi must be hiding it, but I don't think theres any. Older punk/hardcore kids all grew up fighting nazi punks.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bird cooch posted:

The day of the protests one of my oldest friends who is a hard core republican touched base to say gently caress nazis. Anyone in my expanded circle who is pro nazi must be hiding it, but I don't think theres any. Older punk/hardcore kids all grew up fighting nazi punks.

i'm seeing a lot of whataboutisms. it's making me rethink who a lot of my friends are.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
/\Make them pick a side.

Internet Wizard posted:

15-round magazine limits that cost the state thousands of jobs are pretty dumb laws

What.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Godholio posted:

There's some M1 specific ammo out there. Mine* loves the Prvi Partizan stuff, and if you look it's often cheaper than "normal" .30-06.

Speaking of, I think I'm finally gonna take the plunge so I can buy an M1 from them. I've been perusing their site for the past 12 years or so, and I'm finally at a point where I can both afford and own one without any major logistical hurdles.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magpaul left for Wyoming after being based in Colorado.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bird cooch posted:

/\Make them pick a side.

if it is one thing I have learned, it's that if you're still a trump supporter this late in the game (as just about everyone who does the whole "well what about..." is), you've already picked your side and there is probably no talking you out of it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

By the way I'll happily eat a probation if gun chat starts taking its natural progression in this thread, I was just making an offhand comment :shobon:

Also I'm not a vet but the posters here are way more my speed to talk about/read about politics stuff then gbs/dnd

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

sharknado slashfic posted:

By the way I'll happily eat a probation if gun chat starts taking its natural progression in this thread, I was just making an offhand comment :shobon:

Also I'm not a vet but the posters here are way more my speed to talk about/read about politics stuff then gbs/dnd

may I introduce you to cspam where nothing matters

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

watching the silent majority avatar dudes turning anti trump in the gbs thread is weird

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

Yeah. I just got an entire case for $300. You need the 150 grain.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Speaking of, I think I'm finally gonna take the plunge so I can buy an M1 from them. I've been perusing their site for the past 12 years or so, and I'm finally at a point where I can both afford and own one without any major logistical hurdles.

I got one of the fully refurbished ones. Was definitely worth the money, although I've only had the chance to shoot it once.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

sharknado slashfic posted:

:same:

Godholio posted:

Oh Prvi makes M2 ball spec stuff? Nice, that makes those $700-ish service grade Garands from the CMP a bit more tempting.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Beretta was in Maryland too I think when that law came in and welp suddenly we're criminals making these magazines, bye

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh, ok. I couldn't imagine a way that law cost thousands of jobs.

Also, I picked up a couple new boxes of buckshot today at the hardware store just to feel better about it. If there comes a time that I need to pick up a rifle, there will be plenty around.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

watching the silent majority avatar dudes turning anti trump in the gbs thread is weird

most of those avatars are bought for them, not by them

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

if it is one thing I have learned, it's that if you're still a trump supporter this late in the game (as just about everyone who does the whole "well what about..." is), you've already picked your side and there is probably no talking you out of it.

A few people I know who were wavering got off the bus last weekend.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Just saw a veteran I know post a video comparing ISIS destroying statues to pulling down the participation trophies

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Was that really "thousands" of jobs though? Molded plastic and some milled parts? Hundreds, maybe, but shenanigans on thousands.

You pay for a background check in lots of places, whether they tell you or not, it's an expected fee. And I don't mind the magazine cap, but it is dumb and reactionary.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

psydude posted:

I got one of the fully refurbished ones. Was definitely worth the money, although I've only had the chance to shoot it once.

That's my biggest issue down here (DC Metro area), it's hard for me to find the time to shoot, as well as find somewhere that isn't crowded or lovely.

I'm also contemplating just buying a new repro outright, but I'm not in a rush.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

anyone else find "participation trophies" just cringe worthy

i mean you might as just call them what tehy are, terrorist statues

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

meanwhile in the group chat for a wedding I'm supposed to best man next month

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is that parody or not

Also fhurer

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

anyone else find "participation trophies" just cringe worthy

its a good way to remind everyone that the south lost

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Was that really "thousands" of jobs though? Molded plastic and some milled parts? Hundreds, maybe, but shenanigans on thousands.

You pay for a background check in lots of places, whether they tell you or not, it's an expected fee. And I don't mind the magazine cap, but it is dumb and reactionary.

Yeah, I don't know about thousands, I'd believe over a hundred. By the time you count up every one in the supply chain and admin and poo poo I'd believe a couple of hundred.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Handsome Ralph posted:

That's my biggest issue down here (DC Metro area), it's hard for me to find the time to shoot, as well as find somewhere that isn't crowded or lovely.

I'm also contemplating just buying a new repro outright, but I'm not in a rush.

I need to make friends with somebody out in loving Frederick or something, I don't even know if there's a 1k+ range IN this state or even within like a 3-4 hour drive.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
a resolution passed in Illinois that allows cops to treat Nazis as terrorists.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-a7893841.html

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

In addition to the thousand some employees at Magpul that left for Texas and Wyoming right before a huge boom period for the gun industry and Magpul specifically (they're the Official Magazine of the USMC now and everything) the ban hurt the companies that supply Magpul as well.

Most states you don't have to pay the state for the background check in addition to paying the FFL that makes the phone call for you whether or not you're actually buying from the FFL because nobody else has access to the system.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

I need to make friends with somebody out in loving Frederick or something, I don't even know if there's a 1k+ range IN this state or even within like a 3-4 hour drive.

Apparently there's a couple of free public rifle ranges out near Cumberland that are in State Parks, but loving :lol: if you think I'm gonna drive all the way out there just to shoot.

My girlfriend's parents own a massive farm in Germantown, and it'd be perfect for setting up a basic range. Problem is A)They hate guns (but voted for Trump :confused:) B)They have horses running around and C) Neighbors would still likely call the police and complain.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

cowboy elvis posted:

Is that parody or not

Walder did nothing wrong

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Godholio posted:

1944? That's barely any time to kill some Nazis.

Woo!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Apparently there's a couple of free public rifle ranges out near Cumberland that are in State Parks, but loving :lol: if you think I'm gonna drive all the way out there just to shoot.

My girlfriend's parents own a massive farm in Germantown, and it'd be perfect for setting up a basic range. Problem is A)They hate guns (but voted for Trump :confused:) B)They have horses running around and C) Neighbors would still likely call the police and complain.

Carroll County has a decent one that's county owned and only costs like $10, so you don't have to put up with a bunch of NRA propaganda when you use it.

I usually just go to a friend's house in northwestern Baltimore county.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Y'all were right, I had the decimal off. It was 200 directly working for Magpul and 400 at suppliers for approximately $85 million a year in lost tax revenue.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

There's an outdoor range in Charles Town that goes out to 300 that I'm thinking about joining, but I don't know about 1k+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
My Garand didn't kill Nazi's, it killed Korean's and Chinese

My M1 carbine probably did Nazi's, or Japs.

My P-38? That straight up killed commies

Also

Godholio posted:

• Locked thread