Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
The on page text says something about how it's the magazines that are the differing factor with the bolters so... idk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is this a miscast? If so both of the sprues in the box I just got have it.

You mean the bolt rifle? You slot in the scope/drum mag depending on whether you want stalker or auto.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
No, the detached looking piece attached to the body. I was weirded out when I saw that as well though.

E: He's talking about the harness, I'm pretty sure

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Pendent posted:

No, the detached looking piece attached to the body. I was weirded out when I saw that as well though.

ohhh, so its the underslung rifle on that one sculpt

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

Yeah, I'm talking about the sling in the center of the picture. I've never seen an actual gap like that, but it's consistent between both sprues.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Does it look normal if you put a shoulder pad over it?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Can I use the Primaris bros with scoped bolt rifles as the long-ranged heavy variant? I've noticed that the two Intercessor squads have different styles of bolt rifle

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

goose willis posted:

Can I use the Primaris bros with scoped bolt rifles as the long-ranged heavy variant? I've noticed that the two Intercessor squads have different styles of bolt rifle

That's exactly what they're there for. The box magazine is the Auto Bolt Rifle, the scoped one is the Stalker Bolt Rifle.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I meant the Dark Imperium ones unless that's what you're referring to

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah, I'm talking about the sling in the center of the picture. I've never seen an actual gap like that, but it's consistent between both sprues.

It's super weird looking. If you look closely at the end of the piece that's hanging you can see it's slanted in such a way that it would fit flush with the body of the marine

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

goose willis posted:

I meant the Dark Imperium ones unless that's what you're referring to

AFAIK the only difference between the DI guys with regular scoped bolt rifles vs the actual stalker bolter intercessors is a sickle magazine versus a straight one on the stalker, and a slightly different scope design, but no one would really be able to tell.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Is anybody going to throw a hissy fit if I use the scoped ones as the sniper variant

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

Is anybody going to throw a hissy fit if I use the scoped ones as the sniper variant

I really doubt anyone would care unless you're in a tournament or something.

I'm actually building all of mine with the box magazines, partially because I like how they look a bit better and partially because I'm pretty sure Blood Angels will get the ability to advance and charge with our codex, making assault weapons really strong.
In the meantime I'm just going to say they're the normal bolt rifles because there's no way anybody I play with would look that closely at the models or care if they noticed the difference.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I'm going to try making an all-Primaris force alongside my Chaos forces because I like the novelty of them and I think they look big and dorky and easy to paint and they don't seem like a very viable solo force which is what makes them more compelling to me

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

goose willis posted:

I'm going to try making an all-Primaris force alongside my Chaos forces because I like the novelty of them and I think they look big and dorky and easy to paint and they don't seem like a very viable solo force which is what makes them more compelling to me

If by "all-Primaris" you mean "no non-Primaris infantry but vehicles are fair game", they are perfectly viable, I think. If you mean literally just primaris marines and nothing else, then yeah they aren't very good.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

JoshTheStampede posted:

If by "all-Primaris" you mean "no non-Primaris infantry but vehicles are fair game", they are perfectly viable, I think. If you mean literally just primaris marines and nothing else, then yeah they aren't very good.

Yeah I definitely agree with that. Vehicles can overcome any shortcomings of a list that has no smallmarines. They compliment each other very well, since nothing in the list is easy to kill with small arms.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Yeah I meant nothing but Primaris boys no vehicles

They wouldn't have the volume of fire to take on horde armies effectively but there's just something so cool about hellblaster squads to me

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

goose willis posted:

They wouldn't have the volume of fire to take on horde armies effectively but there's just something so cool about hellblaster squads to me

After fighting hellblasters a few time I definitely respect them.

And honestly, I overlooked how much of a difference -1 AP made for using bolters to ping the last few wounds off of T7 vehicles.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I find something inherently cool and weird about ancients making hellblasters get back up on a 4+ to fire again after they've had their weapons explode and their bodies turned into molten goop

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

goose willis posted:

I find something inherently cool and weird about ancients making hellblasters get back up on a 4+ to fire again after they've had their weapons explode and their bodies turned into molten goop

And about apothecaries reconstituting that goop back into a dude with a gun.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

The relic standard that makes you do it on a 3+ and also lets you automatically pass leadership is probably the best relic in the book if you're running Hellblasters - and have no doubts, the Hellblasters do work. There's really no target they won't mangle in a shooting phase.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

raverrn posted:

The relic standard that makes you do it on a 3+ and also lets you automatically pass leadership is probably the best relic in the book if you're running Hellblasters - and have no doubts, the Hellblasters do work. There's really no target they won't mangle in a shooting phase.

Yeah, but they do need to get close to do work though. If they're out of rapid fire range they'll pepper stuff with shots but won't get the critical mass of fire you need. If you use the assault guns then they won't threaten T8 stuff much. Though even then, 5 hellblasters with the S7 assault overcharge shots will put about 4 wounds a turn onto something like a leman russ. That's not bad.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 16, 2017

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
I didn't realize this till I got a better look at the models but the Inceptor plasma shield faceplates are part of the Gravis armor that fluff-wise open and closes over their normal helmets. That's neat.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

not my work

LOL.

The best part is Cuck2 refuses to acknowledge that this is a thing.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

JoshTheStampede posted:

Sure, but it's clearly an investment in the future to be painting primaris now.

I'm jonesing for the Death Guard codex. I GOT THE SHAKES

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Stanyer89 posted:

LOL.

Ettin change stanyer89's username to cuck2

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

SRM are you coming to the Las Vegas Open?
:same:

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Ettin change stanyer89's username to cuck2

Lol can it be "Cuck Mk.II"?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Food for thought. Doesn't overly bother me.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

It seems all miniatures companies have issues with scale creep.

Also isn't House Escher supposed to be basically the underhive equivalent of Amazons?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Floppychop posted:

It seems all miniatures companies have issues with scale creep.

Also isn't House Escher supposed to be basically the underhive equivalent of Amazons?

Yeah basically. They are warrior women. Like, I have a bunch of metal Eschers - and I love them - only a minor bummer that side by side they will look a little odd. But in a game, Spread out on terrain it'll be alright.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Gotta take into account stances as well, those cultists would be a lot taller if they were standing straight.

See also: Deathwatch marines striding forwards rather than Power Squatting™.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Yeah it's not so much scale creep as just changing the scale of the game for the relaunch. If all the new models get uniformly bigger then it's not really creep.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

SRM posted:

If you don't vote Space Marine you can turn in your 40k Fuckboi Fuckbadge and your Badcast Badbois Badbadge, you're off the force.

And don't let the door hit you on the rear end on your way out!

JoshTheStampede posted:

Hey Sex Cannon I'm team Nightfight Narrative at Nova, how do I make sure I'm on your team of dudes?

If you have the option to choose a faction, choose humanity (always). If not, then we'll probably do like last year and assign Nightfighters night of, so just remind me on Thursday. I think I remember your face, though, so it'll all be gravy.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

SteelMentor posted:

Gotta take into account stances as well, those cultists would be a lot taller if they were standing straight.

See also: Deathwatch marines striding forwards rather than Power Squatting™.

Yeah, the difference in the second picture is the pose. Both of those cultists are standing with legs spread wide, and the one with the autogun is hunched over as I recall. All modern 25mm humans make the metal Necromundans look short.

And Goliaths being... well, goliaths is a good distinction.

I was undercoating a Primaris, some new Death Guard, a Plaguebearer, and a Poxwalker earlier and the differences in size were noticeable, but because the scale is the same it just made them that much more interesting when stood together. I like this variety GW have introduced.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 16, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
DC spergs, I stopped by the Springfield GW store and the guy said they plan on doing their "anniversary" sometime in October. Figured I would let folks know for anyone who wants that Captain.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Stanyer89 posted:

LOL.

Holy hell who bought you that ahahahahaha

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Anyone have a preference for which Primaris bolter is ideal? I plan on using the Rapid Fire one but I figured I would ask.

And if someone can figure out why a Primaris Sergeant can carry a bolter and a power sword but a drat Lieutenant can't please let me know. And while you're at it figure out why a Captain can't carry a standard bolt rifle.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

goose willis posted:

I plan on doing something similar but with the caveat that it's going to rain Tarantulas because that seems fun.

Now if only FW sold one with assault cannons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Anyone have a preference for which Primaris bolter is ideal? I plan on using the Rapid Fire one but I figured I would ask.

And if someone can figure out why a Primaris Sergeant can carry a bolter and a power sword but a drat Lieutenant can't please let me know. And while you're at it figure out why a Captain can't carry a standard bolt rifle.

The bolt rifle is the most generally useful and will probably be what most squads take. The other two options are much more specialized and will only be taken when their specific niche needs to be filled