Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Where are the Nazis in Melbourne?

Casey City Council

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/linzcom/status/897637388645793792

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Well at least I got a few years of wage growth before it dropped below inflation.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I'm the bit on the graph where it's already below the budget projection.

E:
https://twitter.com/jaredowens/status/897590129832771584
:laffo:

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 16, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lol what

The Trump administration has listed Pauline Hanson's One Nation Party as a threat to religious freedom in a new report released in Washington.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson released the annual assessment of religious persecution and intolerance on Wednesday, using a chapter on Australia to highlight Senator Hanson's 2016 maiden speech to the Senate in which she claimed the country was "in danger of being swamped by Muslims".

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...816-gxxalc.html

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Synthbuttrange posted:

lol what

The Trump administration has listed Pauline Hanson's One Nation Party as a threat to religious freedom in a new report released in Washington.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson released the annual assessment of religious persecution and intolerance on Wednesday, using a chapter on Australia to highlight Senator Hanson's 2016 maiden speech to the Senate in which she claimed the country was "in danger of being swamped by Muslims".

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...816-gxxalc.html

something something fake news

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Yarra City Council just had their ability to hold citizenship ceremonies revoked by Turnbull, because they decided to hold them on a different day than Australia Day.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Korgan posted:

Yarra City Council just had their ability to hold citizenship ceremonies revoked by Turnbull, because they decided to hold them on a different day than Australia Day.

Turnbull v. mad about dates.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Even the Yarra city council are wedging the PM.

:fork:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Today the Government got owned in the Senate when they tried to censure Penny Wong and NXT, Greens and Bernardi of all people voted it down; and laughed at in the Reps over Julie Bishop's treason theory and she was getting quite rattled by it.

New PHON Senator Peter Georgiou sounds class, he's not anti-gambling but wants a tax-funded helpline for problem gamblers and is a friend of the Australian Brotherhood of Fathers which have a rather MRA attitude to child support. Oh, and he loves the cashless welfare card.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Don't the states already run a problem gambling hotline?

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
is it possible for members of the public to ring triple j because i also have a jewish perspective on issues that needs to be shared

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

the old ceremony posted:

is it possible for members of the public to ring triple j because i also have a jewish perspective on issues that needs to be shared

please do

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

the old ceremony posted:

If anything qualifications are an obstacle to appearing on triple j

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

My name is Ariel and oy vey my breasts Mr. SPEAKER

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
radios are mysterious alien tech to me. when do i call them? who do i ask for?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

My name is Ariel and oy vey my breasts Mr. SPEAKER

Today on Hack: Ariel Sharon: War Criminal or Sex God? Plus Tom Tilley, is he a dud root?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Call Triple J and ask for Adolf

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

Call Triple J and ask for Adolf

"Richard Kingsmill speaking"

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tilley will be at an event at my uni next week, not sure whether to go or not

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/897726986805800960

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Where's avshalom, she should call in.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Australia's offshore detention centres 'terrible', says architect of system
Paris Aristotle says ‘what has been put in place is not what was recommended’ and there is not a ‘skerrick of evidence’ it deters asylum seekers from boarding boats

what the gently caress did you think would happen numbnuts

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

Where's avshalom, she should call in.

Uhhh...

the old ceremony posted:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/ErykBagshaw/status/897701659287187457

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Adults in charge. Definitely not throwing temper tanties :toot:

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

yarra wizard 'arry

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm glad I tuned in to watch 7:30 to find out how cashless welfare cards fight pedophiiles.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I'm glad I tuned in to watch 7:30 to find out how cashless welfare cards fight pedophiiles.

Welcome to channel Murdoch.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If only wealthy mining magnates could solve all of our problems.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Les Affaires posted:

yarra wizard 'arry

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I think if we put a whole bunch of priests on the welfare card they'd have less ice cream to lure kiddies back fyi the seminary

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Can't the Yarra City Council just fight the govt in court because it's a really loving stupid thing so get huffy over.

Like you can really tell that the fed gov is doing anything it can to seem effective because the wheels are coming off all over the place

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
oooooh baby

quote:

Parliament citizenship crisis: Labor planning counter-attack if Malcolm Turnbull sends their MPs to court

Labor is planning a dramatic counterattack against Coalition MPs if the Turnbull government "goes nuclear" and starts unilaterally referring opposition MPs to the High Court over citizenship doubts.

Fairfax Media understands the ALP has a hit list of eight Coalition MPs - in the Senate and the House of Representatives - that it believes still have unanswered questions about possible dual citizenship.

Following the shock revelations about Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce, the government has been contemplating using its numbers to refer at least four Labor MPs - Justine Keay, Susan Lamb, Maria Vamvakinou and Tony Zappia - to the court to have their eligibility tested.

Such a move would set a dangerous precedent of partisan referrals, setting the stage for a damaging free-for-all.

While the government is understood to now be cooling on the high-stakes tactic, Labor is taking the threat seriously enough to plan a counteroffensive.

Labor does not have the numbers in either chamber to bring a referral but it could use failed Labor candidates to bypass Parliament and bring challenges individually. This is the tactic the ALP used against David Gillespie, the Turnbull MP under a constitutional cloud due to his potential "indirect pecuniary interest".

As revealed by Fairfax Media in February, the Nationals MP owns a small suburban shopping complex in Port Macquarie and one of the shops is an outlet of Australia Post - a government-owned corporation.

The opposition believes this may disqualify him from office under section 44 of the constitution - the same section that prohibits dual citizens. The challenge is being brought by failed Labor candidate Peter Alley.

A senior Labor source insisted the list was a last resort contingency, and they ultimately do not believe the government would be brazen enough to follow through on its threat.

"We'll let the Liberals sort our their own mess," the source said.

All four Labor MPs the government has mentioned have produced detailed explanations of the steps they have taken to ensure they were not dual citizens - although they have not produced documentary evidence.

The Joyce fiasco dominated a third day of Parliament on Wednesday, with Labor ridiculing the government's attempts to try and shift focus to an ALP staffer's conversation with a New Zealand Labour MP.

Penny Wong's chief of staff Marcus Ganley had a conversation in July with Labour MP Chris Hipkins about how New Zealand citizenship laws worked.

While they did not talk specifically about Mr Joyce, Mr Hipkins subsequently asked written questions about the issue to the New Zealand Parliament. The questions also did not refer to Mr Joyce, but the government has seized on it as evidence Labor engaged in a "conspiracy with a foreign power" to bring down the Coalition.

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop doubled down on the claims on Wednesday, saying Labor's involvement was "not only highly improper, it is in direct breach of the international obligations of non-interference".

This claim drew guffaws from Labor, with frontbencher Tony Burke egging Ms Bishop on: "Would the Minister for Foreign Affairs please tell the house some more about the evil, treacherous conspiracy?"

Under international law, the principle of non-interference refers primarily to the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of another nation.

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten asked Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull: "Can the Prime Minister guarantee he is leading a majority government that meets all the requirements of the constitution?"

Mr Turnbull responded simply with "Yes."

Earlier, the Coalition sought but failed to censure Senator Wong over Mr Ganley's role in the upper house. The botched manoeuvre attracted only the support of One Nation and Derryn Hinch.

Even former Liberal senator Cory Bernardi, who voted against the censure, said the Turnbull government had "overcooked" its conspiracy claims and appeared to be covering up its knowledge of the matter.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/fed...816-gxxntg.html

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Federal government falling apart. MPs losing their seats. Bill at the gate, barking furiously. Citizens very angry.

Response:

Pick fight with local council.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bill Shorten is going to be an outstanding Prime Minister in comparison to this previous government.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
People are going to like Bill so much.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I know poo poo expanding brain meme when I see one (because I make 'em)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

loving doooo iiiiit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

When Cory Bernardo tells you you've gone too far with the jingoistic conspiracy theories

• Locked thread