Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Bohemian Nights posted:

I was in the military and later milsperged in operation flashpoint and arma for my positioning and I've played thousands upon thousands of hours more of cs and cs:go than I'm comfortable admitting for my aim

but really it all boils down to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs

You're a CS person and you forgot the most important part. Lower your sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I got 10th, that's a victory for me!

I killed one guy and I'm pretty sure he hates me, because he should. I can only play to my strengths, which don't exist. So I dropped into a quiet area with a few buildings. I found a shotgun and the M16. I hid behind a wall. And there I stayed for 2 and a half circles because they landed right on top of me. Guy walks into my building, I hear him working his way through, he opens my door, kapow, free loot for me. Then I hide more until the circle forces some action, and I'm basically first to die in the end game. 10th place for the fraidy cat!

e: This is not how I'm going to play every game because I don't want to spend my time standing still, but you gotta understand how badly I wanted to not finish like, 73rd for once.

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 16, 2017

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I finally got a one-shot sniper kill, since I usually prefer close-quarters. Had a Kar98k with a 4x and a flash hider and nailed a guy from all the way across the logging camp. He also had a kitted out Kar98k with the bullet loop and an 8x. Took that game all the way to the top 3. :toot:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I managed to jump a buggy such that the body got wedged into a perfect-width divet in a concrete barrier, stranding me in perfect range of a nearby shooter.

Whee

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh wow after over 100 hours in this game I finally had an instance in which I died because I thought I had switched to auto but never did. gently caress that was embarrassing.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
This game is really fun. But most of the squads I end up with are a bunch of chodes off some redit discord and everytime we get owned in the first match like half of them leave and we never get used to playing together. I find I have better luck just playing solo or duos with my friends. It's also super nice having a mouse with adjustable DPI because you can change it for different things like close quarters, certain guns, sniping, etc. The double barrel is my favorite and the best shotty in the game, nothing else has the range, the s12k is a loving joke. My favorite combo is either a UMP(silenced with scope) or Double Barrel/M16 or Scar. I don't like using the snipers much on there but I will if I need to.

I really wish they had a deathmatch/respawn mode where the first person to 50 kills wins or something. That way you could just have a gently caress load of fun and then get some practice in all at the same time without waiting for a completely new game to start.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Friend, you should join the discord in the very first post of this thread, it has a lot of nice people in it. It also has TCJimbo :siren: don't play with tcjimbo :siren:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GarethOmni posted:

This game is really fun. But most of the squads I end up with are a bunch of chodes off some redit discord and everytime we get owned in the first match like half of them leave and we never get used to playing together. I find I have better luck just playing solo or duos with my friends. It's also super nice having a mouse with adjustable DPI because you can change it for different things like close quarters, certain guns, sniping, etc. The double barrel is my favorite and the best shotty in the game, nothing else has the range, the s12k is a loving joke. My favorite combo is either a UMP(silenced with scope) or Double Barrel/M16 or Scar. I don't like using the snipers much on there but I will if I need to.

I really wish they had a deathmatch/respawn mode where the first person to 50 kills wins or something. That way you could just have a gently caress load of fun and then get some practice in all at the same time without waiting for a completely new game to start.

Lmao why don't you just play with goons? I don't think I've had a single bad match playing on the goon discord. I mean we've played terribly but everyone I've played with has been chill as hell.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

DrNutt posted:

Lmao why don't you just play with goons? I don't think I've had a single bad match playing on the goon discord. I mean we've played terribly but everyone I've played with has been chill as hell.

I know, right. I've been playing it all this time and didn't even think about looking for a post on here. Now I can journey on my path of enlightenment.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I thought the no buildings bug would be a bonus until I realized navigating an area like the nuclear plant is impossible. Scared the poo poo out of some guys though who were probably inside of a building unclear where a pistol shot was coming from! If only better weapons and ammo weren't out of reach, floating in the sky :smith:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

GarethOmni posted:

the game has built in sensitivity scaling per scope hey

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Anyone else having trouble getting in game voice to work? I've checked my settings but it has to be a bug because my friend had the same problem when mine used to work fine.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
They opened an official merch store

2 shirts and a hoodie, at least it's something

http://bit.ly/pubgmerch

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I wish people had to actually improvise with poo poo (or just different) loadouts more often. As it stands, nobody ever really has to just make do with a crossbow or a pistol, you can just loot goblin until you get your preferred setup. I feel like the really effective weapons like long guns should be more rare, with a lot more "intermediate" weapons like different types of bolt-action rifles and small caliber SMGs.

It would probably just make half the community revolt because they can't get their precious SKS and 2 8x scopes every single round.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i agree, the game should be more dependent on luck

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you think the average player or even like ten percent of the players in this game are getting an sks or an 8x regularly you're pretty much arguing from a bizarro universe

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Low Desert Punk posted:

I wish people had to actually improvise with poo poo (or just different) loadouts more often. As it stands, nobody ever really has to just make do with a crossbow or a pistol, you can just loot goblin until you get your preferred setup. I feel like the really effective weapons like long guns should be more rare, with a lot more "intermediate" weapons like different types of bolt-action rifles and small caliber SMGs.

It would probably just make half the community revolt because they can't get their precious SKS and 2 8x scopes every single round.

I'd like a mode that mirrors the battle royal movie/manga. You get loot on leaving the plane and have to kill others to get their loot.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Hamelekim posted:

I'd like a mode that mirrors the battle royal movie/manga. You get loot on leaving the plane and have to kill others to get their loot.

This would be really cool. I just think that making clutch plays with weapons and loadouts you aren't used to is a lot of fun. If the game was supposed to be fair and consistent, you would just get the same items as everyone else when you drop, which would be the most boring thing I can imagine

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Although, there's nothing stopping boring people from disconnecting and just finding a new game when they spawn in with a frying pan

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Low Desert Punk posted:

This would be really cool. I just think that making clutch plays with weapons and loadouts you aren't used to is a lot of fun. If the game was supposed to be fair and consistent, you would just get the same items as everyone else when you drop, which would be the most boring thing I can imagine

Make it so that you get a better reward the worse the weapon you start with. If you can pull it off, you get some cool outfit and/or lots of points.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Im doing my part.

I just missed taking the screenshot but luckily mustard got a one.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

moush posted:

Anyone else having trouble getting in game voice to work? I've checked my settings but it has to be a bug because my friend had the same problem when mine used to work fine.

I had this happen. I went into the settings, disabled it, hit 'apply' then I re-enabeled it, hit apply. Seems to have been working ever since

Though it seems the range of open coms has been reduced

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Aug 16, 2017

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Low Desert Punk posted:

I find more weapons are viable in FPP, many people seem surprised when 2 of 4 people aren't firing back but are instead using terrain to move closer to murder with shotguns/smgs.
Might just be the people I play with though, we don't like having 4 snipers, gets distracting.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Dyz posted:

An AR or UMP will easily beat it.

The uzi has ridiculously low bullet damage so anyone with armor just eats up all of your bullets.
:hurr: numbers and all but... no.

The UMP does 35 damage per round at 650 rounds per minute, or ~11 rounds per second. The Uzi does 23 damage per round at 1250 rounds per minute, or ~21 rounds per second. The Vector is 31/1090/~18.

DPS no armor/lv1/lv2/lv3, assuming all body shots (multiply by 2.5 for head shots):

UMP: 380/266/228/171
Uzi: 483/338/290/217
Vector: 558/390/335/251

Obviously this makes some critical assumptions like "all your shots hit", but if we're talking full auto magdumps point blank, the Vector beats out every other full-auto weapon that doesn't come out of a crate (on paper, anyway). Meanwhile, the UMP just becomes wholly obsolete the moment you find any assault rifle. Actual TTK gets a little more complicated, not to mention personal preference on how a gun feels to use, but having nearly double the rate of fire of the UMP makes up for an awful lot with the Uzi. The Vector is just a monster, especially if you get all the attachments for it.

I still generally prefer a a shotgun as my secondary, but the other SMGs are well worth respecting.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

What are the pro reshade settings so this game looks not terrible? I want it to be colourful, ideally without murdering my fps or making people harder to spot

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

tote up a bags posted:

What are the pro reshade settings so this game looks not terrible? I want it to be colourful, ideally without murdering my fps or making people harder to spot

Clarity, colourfullness, lumasharpen and maybe vibrance, although vibrance could probably be dropped.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

tote up a bags posted:

Turn bloom on and hit all the settings to yes. Ascend.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

pubg: vice

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

cool clothes, how much did they cost?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Why do people (goons in squads on discord) keep putting their only 4x on their SRs? Isn't any AR going to be way more effective at most distances you could reliably hit with a 4x scope anyway? Don't get me wrong, I did it twice. Both times I got murdered at about 200 yards by a guy with a 4x on his AK.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It takes maybe half a second to swap optics. Always keep a red dot around for faster ADS.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

4x scopes are reasonably common and they likely have the most experience estimating lead distance and bullet drop with them. Which is important if you won't get a followup shot.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

BBJoey posted:

cool clothes, how much did they cost?

Boxes for jacket and pants. Sold some lovely CSGO skins which I used to buy the sneakers and a tracksuit. If the jacket goes back up into the $50s and $60s like it's been I'll sell the poo poo out of it but the market's stabilizing lower and I don't like my odds of getting that lucky with a box again.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I actually got a round in with a fully kitted out vector and god drat that thing really is a beast

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Fart Car '97 posted:

I actually got a round in with a fully kitted out vector and god drat that thing really is a beast

once you get an extended mag it really is something else

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
How long are the Gamescom crates here for?

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

moush posted:

Try right clicking on your speaker icon in the bottom right of your windows task bar, go to recording devices, and disable all the ones you're not using. This worked for me, I think the game just picked the wrong default device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Prob because sniper rifles are poo poo if you can't get headshots and you need optics to reliably get headshots. Whereas with ARs you can hit guys with a red dot/2x out to 2-300 meters trivially. A red dot is a 4x anyways if you just lean in really close to your monitor.

poo poo I've got a 930 meter kill with a 2x on an AR :smug:

Also the whole 'it takes .5 seconds to swap optics'

• Locked thread