Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

safely sodomized posted:

marco is going to primary trump for 2020 and lose big league

oh please oh please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Race Realists posted:

they dont like being thought of as nazis :v:

yeah which makes "come sig heil with us" kinda awkward for them

as usual internet nerds fail to grasp social nuance

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
actually I hope someone successfully primaries Trump and then goes down in flames in the general

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

yeah which makes "come sig heil with us" kinda awkward for them

as usual internet nerds fail to grasp social nuance

oh that, that was just to trigger the libtards!

thats all that was! :downs:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._attention.html

quote:

He also said: "The alt right is a disinfo group designed to discredit Trump, and to frustrate his agenda, which is why David Duke and all those guys go around saying they're pro Trump. Why don't you shut up about Trump? Why don't you just say you're David Duke, and I have great ideas. They don't have any ideas. They don't have a book.There's no books out there articulating what the alt-right is. If they're such great philosophers and they have such good ideas, and they're on the vanguard of intellectualism, where are their books? They don't have any. That is why Richard Spencer and David Duke have to keep dropping Trump's name. Why can't they just say we're about ourselves. No, they always have to say Trump's speech was about them, because that is how they get media attention. They're an element whose sole purpose is to discredit Trump, so I had no idea what that was about."

"If they are these 'cutting edge intellectuals,' where are their books? They don't have any," he said about David Duke and Richard Spencer.

Gravy Jones has issued a correction as of 10:53 on Aug 16, 2017

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

actually I hope someone successfully primaries Trump and then goes down in flames in the general

That won't happen for a lot of reasons but most notably the GOP's desire for self preservation.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

That won't happen for a lot of reasons but most notably the GOP's desire for self preservation.

idk if trump is damaged enough it might. the only thing keeping the GOP pols in line atm is his still solid support from the base, if that falters at all he could be in trouble

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

There's actually nothing better Trump could have done to help give antifa and the left cover than to call them out publicly for clashing with actual nazi murderers. Thank you, you giant ignorant yam.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

safely sodomized posted:

idk if trump is damaged enough it might. the only thing keeping the GOP pols in line atm is his still solid support from the base, if that falters at all he could be in trouble

the trump-gop relationship has always been transactional in nature, whether it was put to ink and paper or merely an understood but unofficial agreement: the gop would tolerate his uh "eccentricities" and lend him their legitimacy and authority as a major party to help him get elected and in exchange he would help them pass their major legislative agenda (obamacare and tax cuts) and also sign any bills they put on his desk in general

he hosed up the first one by being too stupid to understand the president's de facto role in getting major legislation passed, and if he fucks up the second one because 70% of america hates him for being pro-nazi the gop won't get any part of their bargain

republicans should be thankful their opponents are the dems or else they'd really have something to worry about here

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

trump could actually do a lot to help the alt right but he's incredibly lazy and has no loyalty to anyone but himself, so him just stepping in dogshit daily like he did this week is the worst of all possible worlds for them. it puts them in the spotlight without making any positive argument for them, and incentivized a ton of politicians to zero in on them harder.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i assume.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/897630203517837312

well least he is public with his true feelings.

Conservative minorities are amazing. They'll be so shocked when they end up in the camps next to the rest of us.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
hey does anyone remember that 16 year old black nazi on youtube? we lost track of him after cville

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If the woke centrists created the alt-right, then it seems like it's come full circle with the alt-right awakening the true left

It's like when idiots summon some ancient evil, after seventy years it's free, so the great old leftist summoned millennials with attitude and schooled them in the ancient antifa arts

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Qu Appelle posted:

https://twitter.com/KIRO7Seattle/status/897699696306569216

OK that makes complete sens - wait. Why the gently caress are there Confederate Statues in *Washington State*?!

Once there are Confederate memorials/monuments/statues in every state the spell is complete and we slip seamlessly into the reality where the Confederacy won.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Inescapable Duck posted:

If the woke centrists created the alt-right, then it seems like it's come full circle with the alt-right awakening the true left

It's like when idiots summon some ancient evil, after seventy years it's free, so the great old leftist summoned millennials with attitude and schooled them in the ancient antifa arts
i've been up way too long so this kinda actually makes sense right now

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/andrew_defoe19/status/897524479592714241

https://twitter.com/GAFollowers/status/897146955327053825

https://twitter.com/GAFollowers/status/897587637028081665

this is all so goddamn embarrassing. I IMMEDIATELY unfollowed this account after this

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Did you? Did you REALLY?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Did you? Did you REALLY?

that dudes entire TL is just him trying to cover his own rear end

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Race Realists posted:

that dudes entire TL is just him trying to cover his own rear end

Wait, I'm confused. First guy? Second guy? Are both Twitter accounts the same person?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Wait, I'm confused. First guy? Second guy? Are both Twitter accounts the same person?

second guy. that account is a prominent tourist attraction account and im honestly amazed that he was able to make personal opinions

whole thing reeks of corncobbing to me

"i-I'm not racist! look at these black people I like!!11!1!"

EDIT:

oh god Stone Mountain is trending.

the Good Ole Boys are beginning to come out :gonk:
https://twitter.com/DougSides/status/896817708741922817

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 13:17 on Aug 16, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Are you saying that the Georgia tourism account is making preemptive posts denouncing their Confederate landmarks before the public starts bombarding them with questions about why they promote the Confederacy, ruining their PR in the process? Isn't that a smart decision?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Are you saying that the Georgia tourism account is making preemptive posts denouncing their Confederate landmarks before the public starts bombarding them with questions about why they promote the Confederacy, ruining their PR in the process? Isn't that a smart decision?

i swear the way that tweet read it sound like he was trying subtly justify it's existence

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
The 200 responses to that Stone Mountain tweet are incredible. I went to elementary school in Stone Mountain and definitely learned a different version of the Civil War than What It Was Actually About. I learned a lot about how racist that city is when we moved to Texas, where I got some great filtered history about the war for Texas independence.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

https://www.wesearchr.com/bounties/identify-baked-alaskas-antifa-acid-attacker-in-charlottesvil

Imagine your the other two guys in MDE - You just got your dream gig; a sketch comedy show on TV! Better yet the ratings are looking pretty good and you're a shoe in to get renewed. Your agents are buzzing, more work is coming in. You're even starting to look at places in LA...

Then Sam Hyde goes full Nazi on twitter and ruins all your careers at once.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Second guy is making a reference to this, not just some black guys he likes

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/16/us/georgia-stone-mountain-outkast-confederate-monument/index.html

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Race Realists posted:

oh god Stone Mountain is trending.

the Good Ole Boys are beginning to come out :gonk:
https://twitter.com/DougSides/status/896817708741922817

alright sure, i don't see a problem there either

except teddy, leave teddy face alone

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

actually replace every face on mt rushmore with teddy roosevelt in various stages of mustache growth

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Teddy was a rabid jingoist imperialist, though.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
wasnt mt rushmore literally chiseled into a sacred mountain to dunk it in the face of some native americans

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Teddy was a rabid jingoist imperialist, though.

why do you have to bring race into my purely objective appreciation of facial hair

ur the real racist here

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

wasnt mt rushmore literally chiseled into a sacred mountain to dunk it in the face of some native americans

i have no idea but this really would not surprise me

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Race Realists posted:

c'mon guys. dig deep

notice the bar on the right linking to various PoC related sites and blogs? guys a real class act

Hatreon? Real loving subtle, guys ...

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

And the presidents were chosen because the designer specifically wanted to celebrate white Imperialism.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Montasque posted:

https://www.wesearchr.com/bounties/identify-baked-alaskas-antifa-acid-attacker-in-charlottesvil

Imagine your the other two guys in MDE - You just got your dream gig; a sketch comedy show on TV! Better yet the ratings are looking pretty good and you're a shoe in to get renewed. Your agents are buzzing, more work is coming in. You're even starting to look at places in LA...

In their newest Smocaine video on youtube, Sam Hyde is barely in it.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Montasque posted:

I know who did it. His name is Anthime "Tim" Gionet, online he goes by "Baked Alaska."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

FuzzySkinner posted:

Got curious if Ohio had anything of note

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/36129021/confederate-civil-war-memorials-remain-standing-in-ohio

The Lee plaque should come down. Not sure how you deal with Confederate Veterans burial sites though.

Grave markers are probably appropriate, but lol seriously Bloody Bill Quantrill that fucker should have been dumped in an unmarked ditch.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Looking it up, it seems it was actually relocated due to opposition by native americans to the first choice for the site.

e: the designer also originally wanted Red Cloud as one of the faces, along with Lewis and Clark and Buffalo Bill.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

In their newest Smocaine video on youtube, Sam Hyde is barely in it.

Why do they associate with him at all lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

Why do they associate with him at all lol

Blackmail? Contract? Brand ownership? They're also Nazis?