Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
whats the blaster du jour for tryhard S rank players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

I saw a lot of chargers and blasters today.

When are they announcing the next splatfest? Nazis v Antifa?

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 16, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Just had a match in Inkblot Art Academy where three or four people ended up on the central pillar at the same time in the beginning of the match. Instead of firing, one of them started squidbagging, which lead to a chain reaction of nothing but 8 squids having a squidbagging party for the entire match.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

enojy posted:

Just had a match in Inkblot Art Academy where three or four people ended up on the central pillar at the same time in the beginning of the match. Instead of firing, one of them started squidbagging, which lead to a chain reaction of nothing but 8 squids having a squidbagging party for the entire match.

Please say you Tenta-Missiled the lot of them.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Alas, it is not possible to Tenta Missile 7 people at once.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Does special proficiency increase damage or accuracy of missiles

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Anidav posted:

Does special proficiency increase damage or accuracy of missiles

Neither: It widens the targeting recticle.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
There's no way to increase damage anymore. You can reduce damage, but only from bombs with bomb defense up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Fetus posted:

There's no way to increase damage anymore. You can reduce damage, but only from bombs with bomb defense up.

Bomb Defense Up also reduces damage from Specials as well :eng101:.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

So wait, what does bomb/sub up do then?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Various of things depending on the sub. For most subs, it just increases throw range.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Mostly throwing range, it's really the replacement to Bomb Range Up.

Exceptions are Curling Bombs (become faster), Splash Walls (more durable), Beakons (Super Jump Speed to Beakons faster), Ink Mines (blast radius up) and Sprinkler (initial fast inking lasts longer).

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Neither: It widens the targeting recticle.

So my dream of running a missle silo squid with special meter up, accurate missiles or damagine missles and decreasing meter loss on death is not possible :smith:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

from personal anecdotal experience it's the Luna Blaster

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Someone fired some off (at the other team) before absolutely everybody got in on it, otherwise, it was a peaceful final minute or so of BL-BL-BLOO-BLBLOOP-BLOOP-BL-BLOOP

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
https://twitter.com/shimiko_pu/status/896712396101697536

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The correct term is "seabagging" SMH

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A Good Brella User.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
I just want to thank you guys for suggesting the single player campaign as a way to improve my play.

I've mentioned never having played the original game and being pretty lovely at this edition despite really enjoying it a few times, but I finally decided to mess around with the single player after a few weeks of slowly getting better at Turf War.

It's been fun, interesting and insightful because you can't just cling to what you're already comfortable with to work your way through the puzzles. The creativity here is really something else too. Ridiculous bosses.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
In salmon run yesterday, I was about to be eaten by maws when a chum knocked me out of the way

That chum was a true... pal

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Anidav posted:

So my dream of running a missle silo squid with special meter up, accurate missiles or damagine missles and decreasing meter loss on death is not possible :smith:

It's a worthless enhancement anyway, because you can get most of the map covered just by Super-Jumping back to the Spawnpoint first.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Anidav posted:

Multiple people running tenta missiles can already make things difficult for the other team. Especially if they chain fire them, you can start to run out of map really quick.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
(still) lookin Flip-flops with Object shredder, requoting for fashion:

JackDarko posted:

I've got them I can hook you up later.

let me know an ETA of when you're gonna be online

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah but no one really uses Tenta Missles atm, it's way behind the Armor and Inkjet spammers.

Emperry Dualies are annoying.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Don't poo poo on tenta missles. I was screwing with them last night and still getting plenty of people with them, plus it's just so drat SATISFYING

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LethalGeek posted:

Don't poo poo on tenta missles. I was screwing with them last night and still getting plenty of people with them, plus it's just so drat SATISFYING

One day I'll manage to wipe an entire team of Bad Guys with a single barrage. One day. :shepface:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I got a triple splat with tenta missles once

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anidav posted:

Yeah but no one really uses Tenta Missles atm, it's way behind the Armor and Inkjet spammers.

Emperry Dualies are annoying.

I see missiles more than Inkjet. I feel like inkjet kinda sucks.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Inkjet is good but you do need to keep your distance. You can also just use it for covering turf/loving up the enemy spawn

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I see people who are alive enough to have their gauge filled never use the stingray because it's so hard to use well. Ink jet all the drat time and it's usually better to just run cause that actually works.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Tenta Missiles are good for flushing people out and forcing them to move around, especially useful in objective gametypes because you can force people off the tower, away from the Rainmaker or out of camping spots. Very useful!

The good thing about specials in this game is that they rarely serve as a method of guaranteed kills, rather they're ways of disrupting the flow of the game. It's smart design.

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 16, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I'll have to raise the profile of the Sting Ray for a moment.

Oh mighty Sting Ray, how neglected art thee. Sure, you won't impress anyone with your slow-rear end turning and low DPS, but your ability to reveal the locations other team via thermal ink provides vital tactical info. Then with your outrageous range you can harass and reveal them to your team to handle in their weakened state. Sometimes you hit enough to warrant a splat. Nice!

At the very least you have a full ink tank after the special runs out.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You got me excited since you usually post the new Weapon of the Week but it's just the sting ray :(

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Tenta Missiles also stack on your team very, very well. If you have 2-3 users on your team who launch them in series you just bought yourself a ton of time. We should do a gimmick league team of 4 tenta missile users and just have them firing semi-permanently.

Every special has its uses, none of them are I Win buttons like in splatoon 1, but Ink Armor is definitely the most unbalanced to the point that I'm seriously considering taking Object Shredder boots as a standard piece of every kit.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do like that the new specials are, as above, built around disrupting gameplay rather than 'splat everything here' buttons. (Splashdown and Bomb Rush aside, more or less, and they have limits)

The Stingray is best used with good positioning and from behind a wall.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/ChimerXD/status/897212143782776834

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

idgi

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

lol

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm tearing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Zeruel posted:

(still) lookin Flip-flops with Object shredder, requoting for fashion:

let me know an ETA of when you're gonna be online

Brother, I'm so sorry I will absolutely add you today. I've been wearing the lovely flops all day.