Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

a gif from that rat screaming and charging like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" is all that needs to be said when people ask "what are skaven"

edit: new page tax, skaven reveal trailer link again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8EQ1KNkpmw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh man, Hellpit Abominations and Rattling Gunners and Doomwheels GET HYPE

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Sick doomwheel stunts confirmed!
It's beautiful.:allears:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

God now I can't decide if I like lizardmen, ratmen or bonemen the most.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Holy poo poo, I was not expecting the Hellpit Abomination. That thing looks awesome.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
The campaign intro you can get through the Ritual code looks fantastic. I love that they're doing hand-drawn art for it now, and lots of fun skaven voicework.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

http://wccftech.com/total-war-warhammer-2-introducing-skaven/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Details dropped

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

oh my loving god i cannot handle how good that trailer was jesus christ

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
What was the 5th ritual reward? I don't have it unlocked despite filling in the tablet stuff, is there a way to resend the key?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

dead comedy forums posted:

a gif from that rat screaming and charging like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" is all that needs to be said when people ask "what are skaven"

edit: new page tax, skaven reveal trailer link again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8EQ1KNkpmw

Brb, preordering right the gently caress now, god drat.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

holy poo poo holy poo poo HOLY poo poo

I was not expecting them to just straight drop the trailer out of no where

🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

All hail the horny rat

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

dead comedy forums posted:

I was going to say, if you're not really a Warhammer fan and just play the games cause they're fun Total War games, and you're expecting fairly standard fantasy races, characters and such (so far the most out there thing would be Lizardmen),

imagine your surprise when the glorious steam punk rat men with lightning and giant abominations show up :allears:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
bells are bongin', eyes are bogglin'

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Queek Headtaker looks amazing

unwantedplatypus fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 16, 2017

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Holy poo poo I am super hype right now. Skaven are gonna be my first race for sure.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The Empire is going to need Kruber for this.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Screaming bells?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

he's got little glasses, he thinks he's people

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Yeah wow holy poo poo they actually put in the HPA. That's awesome.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
In theory there's a regular weekly stream in fifteen minutes.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

he's got little glasses, he thinks he's people

The gooniest rat

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hellpit Abomination looks loving dope. Doomwheel looks loving dope (I don't think it showed if it gets caught up behind units). Rat ogre looks loving dope. Skaven are loving dope. I want this game and I want to have my dudes kill rats and be killed by rats right fuckin' now.

Best game trailer I ever done seen

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

like ok skaven look awesome and all but god drat that was such a well done trailer overall i can't even handle it

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

jokes posted:

Hellpit Abomination looks loving dope. Doomwheel looks loving dope (I don't think it showed if it gets caught up behind units). Rat ogre looks loving dope. Skaven are loving dope. I want this game and I want to have my dudes kill rats and be killed by rats right fuckin' now.

Best game trailer I ever done seen

It looked like it was just mowing through it's own army, if the cheap guys are as disposable as that article makes them sound then it might just be able to go at full speed through your guys.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Also attention to detail, and bell strikes exactly 13 times in the trailer (lore wise 13 is the Skaven's "holy" number).

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, that was a nice touch. That's why I was wondering if screaming bells will be a siege weapon for them. Like some sort of suicide bomb for gates or walls.

e: The stream is them playing MP. Nothing good.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 16, 2017

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im looking at replies on other places and lol, there were people who genuinely thought there was going to be a separate under-empire map

i called that poo poo like a year ago, it's one of those things that sounds cool and lore nerds commit hara kiri over but would be terrible to implement and play

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Yeah, that was a nice touch. That's why I was wondering if screaming bells will be a siege weapon for them. Like some sort of suicide bomb for gates or walls.

It'll probably be like the Claw of Nagash where it just sort of makes things gnarly in a whole area around it. Might have a couple activated abilities.

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013
Roster reveal on Friday!

If you don't wanna do the ritual thing for the Skaven intro video its already up on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCVtatm20EE
I guess every faction in WH2 will have this style of intro/outro? I can totally get behind that... because they are :perfect:

The wary part of me is concerned for the older factions... no cool intro/outro for them?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i do like how the rat corruption has an in-battle effect of letting you summon more chaff, as opposed to some replenishment/public order thing.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
e: ^^^ Yeah, it looks like the campaign will have fun racial mechanics this time around.

They had those lovely pre-rendered in- engine intros.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Queek, thanquol and skrolk in the intro video???

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013
http://wccftech.com/total-war-warhammer-2-introducing-skaven/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

quote:

The Under-Empire

One completely new feature for Total war is how Skaven settle. Their settlements are beneath the ground and allow them to develop huge cities away from the view of any opposition. Known as the Under-Empire, it allows for a huge element of surprise as all Skaven settlements are seen as ruins until an enemy attempts to settle or explore the area.

This stealth development also means that the Skaven can build up huge armies in secret. These armies, being hidden from view, can be used to surprise and overwhelm enemies quickly. Skaven tactics at their finest.

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:
Some great info in there!

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

juggalo baby coffin posted:

Queek, thanquol and skrolk in the intro video???

I'm unsure why everyone seems to think it was just going to be Queek and Skrolk. Just because there's two starting points doesn't mean only two Legendary Lord's, unless they made that announcement somewhere. Wouldn't Thanquol be a perfect "floater" Lord anyways in that he doesn't have a specific clan connection?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

AttackBacon posted:

I'm unsure why everyone seems to think it was just going to be Queek and Skrolk. Just because there's two starting points doesn't mean only two Legendary Lord's, unless they made that announcement somewhere. Wouldn't Thanquol be a perfect "floater" Lord anyways in that he doesn't have a specific clan connection?

Because every other faction got two lords only.

MY BOY THANQUOL HERE TO gently caress UP THE CONQUEST OF THE WORLD YET AGAIN.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

our perfect rat boys are alive

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I started my 3rd campaign in this game as the Von Carsteins. In the opening two turns I wasted no time chasing off Manfred who refused to engage and then capturing Drakengard. For some reason Templehof came and killed Manfred while he sieged Drakengard the next turn so I didn't even get to fight him. For this transgression I also smashed Templehof. Owning all of Sylvania I turned East grabbing easy pickings from Stirland and Averland. Then I just sat around for a while just upgrading buildings and clicking next turn until I noticed that Franz himself was sieging Karak Hirn's holdings. It was around this time I unlocked Varghulfs, Terrorgeists and grave guards so I took my upgraded army and trapped Franz in some poo poo town and demolished him, captured the rest of that province, sacked every remaining empire city and then made peace with the Empire forcing them to pay me 2k for the privilege.

It feels real good being the evil vampire bad guy smashing the empire to pieces.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
inject the rats directly into my veins

https://youtu.be/OXQwx1EolD8

• Locked thread