Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It's TIME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Diesil & Hornswoggle start things off and Swoggle has been hitting the roids hard

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Oh poo poo it's Rosemary

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Rosemary run-in in the main event

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://clips.twitch.tv/CalmCuteFlamingoDatSheffy

HE DEAD

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
This Vader/Edge battle is AMAZING

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Obelisk & Hugh Jazz have been throwing down the entire time Obelisk has been in.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

THE GOLDEN BOY CHRISTIAN WINS

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
goddammit i wanted hugh jass to win

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Christian, winner of the Royaliest of Rumbles, and new European Champion!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Christian did what half of Jimmi Sierra could not

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

And we close it out with 3 Count and Disco Fever as we should.

But that was seriously such a fun couple of days to spend. They raised so much money for the CCS (beat their old record by nearly 10k) and they put on so many fun matches.

RESTART THE MATCH

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
That MDickie rumble was the best. I can't believe how that bad game manages to be so consistently hilarious in new and exciting ways every time it runs.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

AlmightyPants posted:

That MDickie rumble was the best. I can't believe how that bad game manages to be so consistently hilarious in new and exciting ways every time it runs.

Both of them were pretty drat great fun. It really helps that there's more than 1-2 ways to eliminate people.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
In my 1999 TEW game, the AI booker of WWF booked HHH to beat the Rock for the world title, and then immediately after that win the Royal Rumble

HHH broke his leg in the Rumble and will be out of action for 11 months.

Edit: And a week later Chyna dumped him.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 13, 2017

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

In my 1999 TEW game, the AI booker of WWF booked HHH to beat the Rock for the world title, and then immediately after that win the Royal Rumble

HHH broke his leg in the Rumble and will be out of action for 11 months.

Edit: And a week later Chyna dumped him.

Was the booker AI HHH? Getting dumped by Chyna is pretty brutal though. RIP The Game

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

If you missed the nL Rumblethon, it's already up on YouTube.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Some random Fire Pro news from the Arena discord.

- Carlzilla was digging in the code and he found out that there is a hard limit on the number of wrestlers you can add to your roster...that number is 10,000
- He also figured out a way to do custom ring mats and aprons. People are already running wild.

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1470

quote:

Updated to include the Ring Mat Database feature.

This allows you to modify ring textures without having to mess with any sort of 3rd party texture replacement tools. It also allows you to have more than one ring texture.

INSTRUCTION FOR USE:
In order to use the ring mat database you need to ALT-TAB from the game and find the Ring Mat Database window in the PWGR window.

You will then need to create an entry for any ring you want using a custom texture. To do this hit the ADD button under the list to the left of the database window. This will add a generic entry.

Select this entry and select the created ring to use from the top dropdown list. If you have not created the ring yet, you should do so now, and then when you've saved it, come back to the Ring Mat Database window and hit the "Update Ring/Image List" button on the bottom right hand corner of the window.

After you've selected your ring, you'll need to select your texture in the second dropdown list. The first time you run the game with the mod installed, it will create a folder called RingMats in your default FirePro directory. Place any ring texture files in this directory. They should be in PNG format, and 1024x1024 in size. The default texture was posted in the Texture Modding thread, I recommend you use that as a template for all your custom ring textures.

Once you've created the Database entry, all you need to do is select the ring when starting a match and the correct texture will automatically be applied.The game will save the database when it closes, so there's nothing you need to do in order to save your changes.

(i'm not sure if this will break like the rest of his mods every time there's an update. at least he's quick with the fixes)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 14, 2017

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Has there been any talk about a legit ring editor being put in the game? If so I don't want to bother with a hack

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

triplexpac posted:

Has there been any talk about a legit ring editor being put in the game? If so I don't want to bother with a hack
They want to do it, and someone found an unfinished version of it in the code, IIRC.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

The Kins posted:

They want to do it, and someone found an unfinished version of it in the code, IIRC.

I wouldn't be surprised if that and the crowd sign maker is one of the final content updates. It seems like most of the stuff that Carlzilla has found is incomplete stuff for features they plan to implement down the road. Like the unfinished arenas with their own match scoring makes alot of sense when you know they're doing Management Of The Ring.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

There's a spot open on the LLJK SuperCard team if anyone wants it. We're at the highest tier so we get pretty good cards.

If cpig (or anyone else) is still looking to drop, I got tired of my random pubbie team. U+, daily active, and a couple wins away from a wm33 pair in tbg.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
nvm old tweet

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Watching the Royal Rumble-thon nL did made me a bit disappointed that you can't do that properly in FPW- I'm not sure why they couldn't have the same rule the 2k games have where, if you have the max number of people in the ring, the countdown pauses until someone's eliminated, so there's still a 30 (or whatever) queue. There's really not much point doing an over-the-top-rope kind of battle royal if there are only 8 people to start with.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Suspect it has something to do with the way it loads sprites into the engine and some antiquated thinking regarding memory usage.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Catching up on the Rumbles I missed and my god ECW babies may be the best, because it's an actual thing the game lets you do.

"Hard to believe not long ago these wrestlers were just taking their first steps!"

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I will say this for Anarchy Rulez if it is the second ECW game like I think it was. Piece of poo poo rehash of WWF Attitude it may be, they at least had the sense to greatly simplify the Mortal Kombat style controls in it. It didn't make it a good game but it at least made it a little more playable.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Catching up on the Rumbles I missed and my god ECW babies may be the best, because it's an actual thing the game lets you do.

"Hard to believe not long ago these wrestlers were just taking their first steps!"

Dino was on fire for that rumble. I mean he killed it the entire time but ECW especially

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"I know my letters, John! A B C D E C Fuckin' W!"

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Maxwell Lord posted:

Watching the Royal Rumble-thon nL did made me a bit disappointed that you can't do that properly in FPW- I'm not sure why they couldn't have the same rule the 2k games have where, if you have the max number of people in the ring, the countdown pauses until someone's eliminated, so there's still a 30 (or whatever) queue. There's really not much point doing an over-the-top-rope kind of battle royal if there are only 8 people to start with.

They mentioned this was a possibility during one of the Twitch streams...but they also mentioned other things were a possibility before 180'ing on it at a later date so who knows. Hopefully we get some more answers this Wednesday.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Carlzilla announced v3 of his ring mod.

quote:

Updated to include V2 of the Ring Mat Database. This version allows you to change the texture of the turnbuckles and ring posts.

Updated for V3 of the Ring Mat Database. This includes custom name plates for entrances based on the selected ring.

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&p=43165#p43165

There's also people putting together tools like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HhyXW_jJIU

quote:

I've gotten some messages where there is confusion with how the mod works. Unlike some of the other tools out there, this actually kicks off the matches for you inside of FPWW and records the results back to its database. It loads all of your wrestlers and custom rings automatically, you setup the matches in the mod's interface and tell it to start the show. It will then execute your matches in the actual FPWW game and when the results screen comes up, it hooks them back in to the mod's database so you can recall the results of all of your shows. You can even tell it to replay the match exactly as it happened.

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1529

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 16, 2017

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The roster reveals for WWE 2k18 start tomorrow. Can't wait to see which ladies they are pretending don't exist this year.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

projecthalaxy posted:

The roster reveals for WWE 2k18 start tomorrow. Can't wait to see which ladies they are pretending don't exist this year.

So far:

Akira Tozawa
Jinder Mahal
Sanity (Eric Young/Alexander Wolfe/Killian Dain/Nikki Cross)
Luke Gallows
Karl Anderson
Baron Corbin
Sheamus
Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Bray Wyatt

I couldn't give a gently caress about getting it this year since I'm sure the gameplay will still feel like an abysmal dance routine, but I do like following the roster reveals.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Bray Wyatt
Dolph Ziggler
Sami Zayn
Dean Ambrose
Baron Corbin
Kalisto
Akira Tozawa
Sin Cara
Hideo Itami
Eric Young
Jinder Mahal
Bushwacker Butch
Bushwacker Luke
Konnor
Viktor
Cesaro
Sheamus
Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
Nikki Cross
Alundra Blayze
Emma
Lita
Summer Rae
Paige
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
British Bulldog
Buddy Roberts
Diamond Dallas Page
Big Boss Man
Mark Henry
Bam Bam Bigelow
Bret Hart
Dusty Rhodes
The Undertaker
Big Show
Andre the Giant
Kane
Diesel (and Kevin Nash)
Luke Harper
Erick Rowan
Sawyer Fulton
Alexander Wolfe
Killian Dain
Braun Strowman
Goldust

So far

Couple of entrance videos here too

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/08/16/wwe-2k18-first-47-playable-superstars-announced

I think the best new of the game is the commentary has been scrapped and they've been forced to make fresh lines with Graves/cole (and Byron I think?). You can here some in the 2 entrance vids.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It's much easier to approach this from who is NOT in the game at this point.

Sawyer Fulton? Okay I guess...

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
ENDLESS TRASH

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Astro7x posted:

It's much easier to approach this from who is NOT in the game at this point.

Sawyer Fulton? Okay I guess...

Hogan, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

I REMEMBER DIESEL!!!