Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah I mean he does try to be very evenhanded throughout, and praises the bravery of Union troops a number of times, but then he also like literally tears up with pride while talking about the "rebel yell" lol

people who are very obsessed with the civil war tend to be extremely odd even when they're not white supremacists

odder than ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

hey guys what do you do when you have someone who adulates nazis and white supremacist as a president

do you denounce it or do you have to respect the legality of the office

are we all sov cits automatically now

how does this work

:justpost::orb::justpost::orb:
:orb::justpost::orb::justpost:
:justpost::orb::justpost::orb:
:orb::justpost::orb::justpost:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

ex post facho posted:

validation of multiverse theory has really increased the feeling of unmattering so there's that
science doesnt matter

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/897854583401312257

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ex post facho posted:

hmm i didnt know the alcubierre drive could be used as a weapon, i would imagine this is now in skunkworks at Raytheon and Lockheed-Martin

YOu could weaponized rear end and titties if you really wanted to

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

so is it infinite and expanding too?

yeah

though local small regions like galaxy clusters are not expanding

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Are you cowboy enough to ride a horse up the Andes?

https://twitter.com/VP/status/897848342864121856

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
You Are President Is A Nazi: 10 Steps To Wading Through This Political Minefield

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
So what did the Fox gang have to say about trumps "performance"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lastgirl posted:

how does this work

I REFUSE TO CREATE JOINDER UNTIL I SEE TRUMP'S BERTH CERTIFICATE!!

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

https://twitter.com/Jeremy_Baker/status/897610525856505856

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Jazerus posted:

people who are very obsessed with the civil war tend to be extremely odd even when they're not white supremacists

odder than ed balls

the civil war was the high point of human history by the only worthwhile metric: # of americans killed :colbert:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

ex post facho posted:

i really wish i had mathbrain but instead i got wordbrain and idk it feels less useful

Less useful in securing gainful employment maybe but that's not a problem with your brain

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

mormonpartyboat posted:

spam and grits go well together in the trash can

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

hey guys what do you do when you have someone who adulates nazis and white supremacist as a president

do you denounce it or do you have to respect the legality of the office

how does this work

funnily enough i have an easier time referring to him as The President the more thoroughly he has debased himself

it's become almost an insult in my mind

lol i hope this wasn't anyone's aim (i doubt it, but i harbor similar, serious thoughts w/r/t taxes and those on the left going out of their way to claim deductions they wouldn't have 4 years ago; "starve the beast" except as induced behavior rather than actual tax cuts)

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

thats too easy:
true blood, but only one season

Lol basically

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol trump is losing face with the titans of capitalism

sad

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A Handed Missus posted:

no not the alpacas :gonk: or llamas or w/e :gonk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

"racism is a Russian psyop"

- liberals, probably

russia is one of the hotbeds of modern neonazism and fascism though

back in 2012-2013 when neofascist movements were popping up all over europe most of them were linked back to russia

russia still has roving gangs of skinheads that will bait gays and then humiliate them (by pouring piss on them :thunk:) and out them, or torture them to death

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Rushi posted:

would u be less or more excited if it was the poop tape?

Less. Trump having some kind of gross fetish was a given, but piss tape is so much more fun to say than poop tape.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

Edit
Brendan McMonigal, Geraint F. Lewis, and Philip O'Byrne have argued that when an Alcubierre-driven ship decelerates from superluminal speed, the particles that its bubble has gathered in transit would be released in energetic outbursts akin to a sonic boom shockwave; in the case of forward-facing particles, energetic enough to destroy anything at the destination directly in front of the ship.[25][26]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

Interstellar warfare is gonna be nuts

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

lmao

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

so is it infinite and expanding too?

some infinities are bigger than other infinities; infinity is not a a cheatcode to the Biggest Thing Ever/As Big As It Is Possible To Be (is how it was explained to me and how I will continue to explain it to others)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"normie internet"
:shrek:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i enjoy joinder each and every day here in the c-spam

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

ye

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

SKULL.GIF posted:

russia is one of the hotbeds of modern neonazism and fascism though

back in 2012-2013 when neofascist movements were popping up all over europe most of them were linked back to russia

russia still has roving gangs of skinheads that will bait gays and then humiliate them (by pouring piss on them :thunk:) and out them, or torture them to death

piss tape confirmed

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

C-Euro posted:

Boobs vs. rear end is one of those few arguments where "the truth is in the middle!" is an OK stance

yeah it's super hot when a chick has abs

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Good. Still hoping for a mass exodus later this week

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

juche avocado posted:

funnily enough i have an easier time referring to him as The President the more thoroughly he has debased himself

it's become almost an insult in my mind

lol i hope this wasn't anyone's aim (i doubt it, but i harbor similar, serious thoughts w/r/t taxes and those on the left going out of their way to claim deductions they wouldn't have 4 years ago; "starve the beast" except as induced behavior rather than actual tax cuts)

its basically like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ploodDKzd0w

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Rally cry:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/897852602116972544

Let's tear down some confederate statues and bag some fuckin' nazis.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

New Wolfenstein is going to sell so many copies

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Iron Crowned posted:

YOu could weaponized rear end and titties if you really wanted to

Covered my cock in a contact poison, now we play the waiting game. *decades later* huh

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean the guy knows a shitload about the Civil War. He's spent his entire life studying it. And if you go watch the Ken Burns documentary (you should, it's interesting and good) he does seem to really try to be objective about it, but he's a Southern boy and occasionally slips into daydreaming about the noble nature of Confederate soldiers and all that lost cause poo poo. There's one episode that basically features nobody but him and it's a total shitshow.
my favorite bit is the one where he's talking about how he tried to compliment some descendent of lee or forrest by telling them 'your grandpa and Lincoln were the only original geniuses of the war' and they got mad at him for comparing their ancestor to the demon Abe, and then he looks like he's just had a surprising internal revelation and tells the interviewer "you know, we southerners are still mighty peculiar about that war"

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Zikan posted:

*trump white house slams big red emergency button that says "LOCK HER UP"*

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
3m is one of the 30 djia stocks. not sure if that will mean anythign to trump, but lol @ his company benefitting directly from a gop governmenta nds till telling trump to gently caress off

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

A Handed Missus posted:

https://twitter.com/VP/status/897848342864121856

Where's an Andean plane crash horror story when you need it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what is expansion if the universe is infinite

maybe things are just getting smaller

• Locked thread