Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

St Evan Echoes posted:

Chris Eubank said a very important factor about this fight.. floyd has never stepped in the ring with a ufc fighter sure.. but he defo hasn't stepped in the ring with an Irish man..

That's all that needs to be said. The hardest people on the planet.

If any American says that they are.. there very wrong all the best champions bar 2 (Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson) are British.

Joe calzaghe
Frank Bruno
Steve Collins
Chris eubank-both
Nigel Benn (he hosed Gerald up big time)

Everyone knows Irish fighters are prone to cuts above they eye. All Mayweather has to do is to punch in that area and the fight will be over quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The NAC approved 8 oz gloves for the Mayweather McGregor fight.

The reaction from MMA media is..... odd. Lots of over-the top indignation and criticism.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I was looking at my spreadsheet and the only other time I bet on boxing I lost. I bet on the Pacquiao/Bradley fight and I vowed never to bet on boxing again. So maybe this is a sign that Conor will win. Either way it's gonna be a hell of a ride and I can't wait for the fight.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Bitch let's go 4 ounce

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

St Evan Echoes posted:

but he defo hasn't stepped in the ring with an Irish man..

One of the Judges awarded a Canelo a draw, and he looks vaguely Irish if you squint. You might be on to something.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Team_q posted:

One of the Judges awarded a Canelo a draw, and he looks vaguely Irish if you squint. You might be on to something.

To this day his promoter regularly accidentally calls him Irish

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

jase1 posted:

I was looking at my spreadsheet and the only other time I bet on boxing I lost. I bet on the Pacquiao/Bradley fight and I vowed never to bet on boxing again. So maybe this is a sign that Conor will win. Either way it's gonna be a hell of a ride and I can't wait for the fight.

You made the biggest bet of your life on the thing you said you'd never bet on :O

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The commission notes a request from Floyd Mayweather to form Voltron, the defender of the universe on August 26th. Having considered the dignity and graciousness with which Mr. Mayweather has conducted his career to date we are minded to allow this request and shall use it as a case study for the effects of forming Voltron, the legendary defender, going forward. Next up we have a travel grant request from Jeffrey Cumloads' Boxing to attend the Golden GLoves championships

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Robert Byrd is the ref for the fight. Can't remember him doing anything egregious in previous fights so game on.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

KidDynamite posted:

Robert Byrd is the ref for the fight. Can't remember him doing anything egregious in previous fights so game on.

yeah just his fuckin wife

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
(Watching a man do extremely normal flexibility exercises) wow this guys a freakin Crank!!!

(Watching a man yell "form voltron" at his entourage, who dutifully attempt to form voltron) please defend our sport, hero.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Too bad the commission didnt allow Money to fight on stilts

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Also, for all of you sperging out about a $50k bet....
http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/20318870/880000-bet-floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-fight-largest-far-bout

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
personally i value health and happiness above money. since i dont have any money

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Paulie is still melting down on twitter. Conor definitely has an effect on people.

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

jase1 posted:

It took a ton of negotiating and lots of fancy presents but after speaking with the wife I am now allowed to place a huge bet on the Mayweather fight. I can't bet pro football for 6 weeks if Iose so here we are. Facetimed with the bookie last night and he said the Mayweather fight is now at Floyd -357 I am stunned at how low it is and spent all night making a deal with the wife so I can place a substantial bet on the fight. Confirmed with the bookie that he wont cancel this bet and he also is letting me go over my max limit for this because he is laying off most of the action anyways. I guess he has a ton of people betting loads of money on Conor which blows my mind. So after a new bedroom set, a new dog named floyd by the way (was the only way I would let her get one) and some new privacy landscaping around our lanai, I can now announce my bet.

50k on Mayweather at -357. Largest bet I have ever placed in my life and I am super confident in this bet. I know the fix may be in but the rush will be worth it. I am also copy and pasting this post into the Don't bet on MMA thread.

If Coner wins the dogs name should be Coner

e- misspell the dogs name too

Benjamin Arthur fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 16, 2017

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Nifft posted:

Paulie is still melting down on twitter. Conor definitely has an effect on people.

Isn't he supposed the do color commentary for the fight? Just based on that alone he should never have agreed to be a sparring partner.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Over half of Floyd's fights being knockouts in loving BOXING means nothing. Who, other than Hatton, has he crushed this decade? I know there is one other guy but Mayweather isn't exactly Hendo.

I know this from personal experience and genetic tests done at hospital - apparently people with blue eyes, red hair, and predominately Celtic (Irish/Scottish) genes have a studied high tolerance to pain. If Conor quits it will be because of gas, not fear of the boxing God turtle.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

jase1 posted:

It took a ton of negotiating and lots of fancy presents but after speaking with the wife I am now allowed to place a huge bet on the Mayweather fight. I can't bet pro football for 6 weeks if Iose so here we are. Facetimed with the bookie last night and he said the Mayweather fight is now at Floyd -357 I am stunned at how low it is and spent all night making a deal with the wife so I can place a substantial bet on the fight. Confirmed with the bookie that he wont cancel this bet and he also is letting me go over my max limit for this because he is laying off most of the action anyways. I guess he has a ton of people betting loads of money on Conor which blows my mind. So after a new bedroom set, a new dog named floyd by the way (was the only way I would let her get one) and some new privacy landscaping around our lanai, I can now announce my bet.

50k on Mayweather at -357. Largest bet I have ever placed in my life and I am super confident in this bet. I know the fix may be in but the rush will be worth it. I am also copy and pasting this post into the Don't bet on MMA thread.

I.N.R.I posted:

personally i value health and happiness above money. since i dont have any money

Same.

Jase1... please give us $300.

I can't beat you in pool. I don't know how to play cards.

Thank you for being Jase1

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Captain Log posted:

Over half of Floyd's fights being knockouts in loving BOXING means nothing. Who, other than Hatton, has he crushed this decade? I know there is one other guy but Mayweather isn't exactly Hendo.

I know this from personal experience and genetic tests done at hospital - apparently people with blue eyes, red hair, and predominately Celtic (Irish/Scottish) genes have a studied high tolerance to pain. If Conor quits it will be because of gas, not fear of the boxing God turtle.

He crushed the collective spirit of the entire filipino people so bad duterte started murdering people who smoke weed

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

He crushed the collective spirit of the entire filipino people so bad duterte started murdering people who smoke weed

I guess you have to chase away the gay ghost spirits infesting your little island somehow.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Captain Log posted:

You raise an excellent point that people have been reluctant to bring up so far: McGregor is white, and therefore genetically superior.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You raise an excellent point that people have been reluctant to bring up so far: McGregor is white, and therefore genetically superior.

Actually not feeling "normal" pain responses is considered inferior. It's literally almost killed me on multiple occasions. If Conor has any of those genes he is going to get hosed up in the late rounds. Also if he doesn't. Basically someone needs to Nancy Kerrigan Conor if it reaches the end of the fifth.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Today is gonna be the day that you're gonna see that Irish IQ
By now you shoulda found out that it's way below the english and the jew
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do
Around a skull

And all the rages that they feel are blinding
And all their men are drunks is what we're finding
There are many scientific truths that I would like
To say to you but I don't know how

Because maybe, phrenology is respected greatly
And after all, you're my wonderwall

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Work Friend Keven posted:

Around a skull

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yes, YES.

Needs to be the intro music.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Around a skull

Lol

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

its roughly as good as nate diaz's since he matched his pace for 25 minutes

He gassed out 7 minutes into that fight. 7 minutes in which he followed the age old beat diaz gameplan of 'kick his legs' and 'stay the gently caress away from him' and he gassed. He finished the fight underneath him, sucking air. It took everything he had to stay in that fight, to become the 9th man to beat him by decision. His gas tank is poo poo.

Captain Log posted:

It sort of means something, seeing as this will be contested in boxing, and Conor isn't a boxer.

Captain Log posted:

Actually not feeling "normal" pain responses is considered inferior. It's literally almost killed me on multiple occasions. If Conor has any of those genes he is going to get hosed up in the late rounds. Also if he doesn't. Basically someone needs to Nancy Kerrigan Conor if it reaches the end of the fifth.

Also the early rounds. Because he's not a boxer. And Floyd is, objectively, the best boxer.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Actually, Conor is the best boxer to ever live. Please wait till August 26th for proof.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Around a skull

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Oi'm half black from de waist down. Dat's called a Robertsonian translocation oi learned dat in de ospital

a gay man cometh
Dec 28, 2008

Around a skull

lmfao

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Phrenology, Floyd Mayweather, and there's a problem with my genes; the beating women Megathread 69

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/897963716708253696

yeah sure Dana

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Around a skull

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

A couple people I know said they heard that was Mayweather betting on himself. Any truth to that or is it a bullshit rumor?

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Around a skull

It's beautiful.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

He gassed out 7 minutes into that fight. 7 minutes in which he followed the age old beat diaz gameplan of 'kick his legs' and 'stay the gently caress away from him' and he gassed. He finished the fight underneath him, sucking air. It took everything he had to stay in that fight, to become the 9th man to beat him by decision. His gas tank is poo poo.

they both tired in that fight, they were fighting at a fairly good pace too. if he was really suffering much more than nate then nate would have taken him apart. they were at 170 also and this fight is at 155

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
1 billion homes lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I.N.R.I posted:

they both tired in that fight, they were fighting at a fairly good pace too. if he was really suffering much more than nate then nate would have taken him apart. they were at 170 also and this fight is at 155

Worth keeping in mind that, unlike the nate fight, Conor will have to throw five punches to have a chance of landing one. Maidana needed to throw 858 punches over 36 minutes in order to sort of have an argument for beating Mayweather but not really. To contrast, McGregor threw 322 strikes over 25 minutes in order to arguably beat Nathan Diaz and gassed badly in the process.

• Locked thread