Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Tom Gorman posted:

I buy debris in the item shop every time I see them up. You can get a surprising amount this way if you check on the lab often throughout the day.

Huh, I didn't know that kind of material would show up in there; I figured it was just a money sink since most of the time I get 1* ISO or 200 crystal bios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Fuuuck I have to wait one more day to T2 Antivenom and Rogue. Well that's my future fight story for the day.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

I buy debris in the item shop every time I see them up. You can get a surprising amount this way if you check on the lab often throughout the day.

To expand on this a bit you definitely need to level your store up and it gets expensive but in the long run it's way worth it for the debris.

It's not really that efficient to just get them from the rifts.

Get your store to level 13 for the 30 min refresh and just keep checking it. I get about 1k a day doing that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I spent 30 minutes stuck on one of those team stages at Level 15 in Shadowland last night. Never won it, just stopped because I didn't want the throw my phone in frustration. New Shadowland is a real grind. I don't think I ever did a wave before this week and I had to do like 3 in the first 14 stages.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
The amount of resources required to finish DMM is making my testicles hurt. Got him to level 60 though. Gear is sitting at 20/19/17/17 before I ran out of anti-matter. :(

Almost there. :getin:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I love how T2 Storm gets almost instantly killed at the start of a solo rumble, and then her first skill goes off and every enemy is stunlocked until they die.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man. I've been trying for days to get past Stage 15 in Shadowland on the team thing. Its a miracle I haven't smashed my phone in frustration.

I'm resisting the urge to just throw all my guns at at once. Wolvie, Widow, Ms Marvel, Kate Bishop, Iron Fist, and a 6th. All those named T2. I keep trying to win with just 2 or 3 of them and I came close once with Wolvie and Widow on Team 1 and Marvel on Team 2. But I got greedy because Wolvie and Widow were about to win on their own and I wanted to save Marvel so I quit. So of course I haven't been able to get close again.

ARGH!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My first Entry mode I grabbed Gwen/Miles/Spidey (all t1) and they just sort of dominated.
Second entry mode I just threw my hands up and soloed it with Wolvie with Cyclops lead.

I'm definitely not hitting floor 30 but the rewards for 25-30 suck so I don't really care.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Sometimes I cannot even be assed to go past floor 15 for the bios. The dark matter is nice for the 20-25 levels but sometimes you just say gently caress it.

Also not having a t2 coulson severely limits my wbu wins, meh

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

get t2 coulson

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

punchymcpunch posted:

get t2 coulson

This ftw!!!!!

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

b0ng posted:

Sometimes I cannot even be assed to go past floor 15 for the bios.

There are bios after 15? Or was that just odd phrasing

Ever since SL changed I just stop at 15 cause :effort: and I only care about bios, so I would like to know if there were more past that

I'm pretty sure I have the roster to full clear but it takes like... 4x longer no so nty

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
One full clear is worth it for sure for the new uni upgrade tickets first clear bonus. But after that? gently caress no. New Shadowlands is stupid with how much harder they made it, new players got completely screwed by the new stages. Even for me with a pretty well built roster and all of the top tier characters it took real effort to clear SL due to how rough the final 5 stages are.

From now on I'll clear to 15 and then maybe come back later in the week to get to 25 for some cards and isos, but only if I feel like it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was just frustrated because I had just managed to clear Stage 15 a couple of weeks ago and then the changes left me stuck on 14 for days.

Ultimately I just threw everything I had at it, got the bios, and quit.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Did my first trip to SL and, to the surprise of probably no one, I didn't like it. I get the idea that SL may have been stale for the upper end of players and that a slight reshuffling was necessary, and I was initially on board with adding on more difficult levels at the top. But I don't care for the restructuring at all. It's eliminated any sort of strategy in when to go for a Relay or a Rumble and made them mandatory by floor; this is the rumble floor, this is the boss floor, you will do those here and nothing else. Rumbles and Wave floors being more difficult by nature eliminates the lower end of your roster that previously would have been able to stand a chance in a single-digit floor. They're also not fun; Rumbles are whoever can crap out the most DPS or avoid being stunned and Waves are doing Boss stages but x3 in the same time period and it doesn't matter how good your plan is if you can't crap out enough damage in 3:00.

Combine this with the changes to the daily challenges which have served to either make more difficult if not eliminate a daily source of crystals and now I'm having to work twice as hard for half the rewards, which goes against a base fundamental of game design. The grind was already getting to me before, this patch is pushing me towards the door. I get that I'm not the player they're worried about since I don't give them money and it's the whales that keep them in business, but man do I feel like I've gotten the rug pulled out from underneath me here. I know netmarbu's been good about listening to the community and making things more user-friendly so I'm not ready to drop the game outright, but I'm a lot less eager to play than I was a week or so ago, which sucks.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it feels like they took a totally good approach of "we should make some new challenges for the really advanced players who are coasting and bored" and instead went "we'll make it harder for everyone." They should have just added tough stages of Shadowland at the end, not make the first ones so much harder. They should have added an extra layer of cumulative daily challenges, not eliminate the ones that lesser players were kind of reliant on and could reliably do. They should have upgraded the "Expert" level of the game, not make "Beginner" harder.

Like, adding the Word Boss Ultimate made sense because it added a new challenge for people. But if they had just replaced World Boss Raid with it that would have been really bad.

I'm not dropping it or anything. I'll adjust and deal and I still enjoy the game. And I'm advanced enough that I managed to fill my challenge meter this week and still get to Stage 15. But this was the wrong approach, IMO.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 16, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The worst stages are the new ones that are like Alliance Conquest, where it's basically 2 back to back 1 minute rumbles. They're basically just a massive DPS check with almost no strategy. My Dr. Strange who does 350-400k in extreme alliance battle and my Odin who does 150k in extreme alliance battle were both having trouble doing enough damage to all 3 guys fast enough to beat the 1 minute timer on stages 28 and 29.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Worst Alliance has 5 openings, in case anybody would like to join. We're level 30 and kinda do alright in Alliance Risk!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Does the difficulty of the stage have any impact on whether or not you get shifter bios? I get the idea that doing the easiest stage means quickest clear time, but is it shooting myself in the foot?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Dave posted:

Does the difficulty of the stage have any impact on whether or not you get shifter bios? I get the idea that doing the easiest stage means quickest clear time, but is it shooting myself in the foot?

I don't know. Hope this helps! :)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Can someone please explain why the hell this drat game fucks my phone up so bad?

I'm on a 7+ and this game literally makes my phone lock up and crash. Like right now I was running the game and someone called me and the phone completely locked up.

Its only this game that does it and I really can't figure out why.

Rebooting the phone fixes it for a few hours but after that its all down hill. Uninstalling and reinstalling fixes it for a few hours but then it starts doing it again. What the hell is going on here?

Also the game won't stay in the background for poo poo. Even switching to a text makes the game completely reboot.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It has some kind of leak. Usually deleting it and reinstalling fixes the problem for a week or two. Used to be able to get a month out of it but it seems like it's gotten worse with the Spidey 2099 release. I do the delete + reinstall the second I get my first lock up because it's so bad.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
Does anyone know which is the notification option that turns off the Dimensional Rift alerts?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Can someone please explain why the hell this drat game fucks my phone up so bad?

I'm on a 7+ and this game literally makes my phone lock up and crash. Like right now I was running the game and someone called me and the phone completely locked up.

Its only this game that does it and I really can't figure out why.

Rebooting the phone fixes it for a few hours but after that its all down hill. Uninstalling and reinstalling fixes it for a few hours but then it starts doing it again. What the hell is going on here?

Also the game won't stay in the background for poo poo. Even switching to a text makes the game completely reboot.

All your symptoms sound indicative of the leak someone mentioned; does un-install/re-install really only fix it for a few hours? Because that's THE solution, and how long you're good for depends on how many updates you download (even the small patches). Maybe you did a re-install and it got patched or something? It just tends to bloat over time, growing more and more unstable with patches

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

All your symptoms sound indicative of the leak someone mentioned; does un-install/re-install really only fix it for a few hours? Because that's THE solution, and how long you're good for depends on how many updates you download (even the small patches). Maybe you did a re-install and it got patched or something? It just tends to bloat over time, growing more and more unstable with patches

Yeah when I get home I am going to uninstall and reinstall and see how long it takes for it to do it again.

I really like the game but drat this kills my love of it.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

thechalkoutline posted:

There are bios after 15? Or was that just odd phrasing

Ever since SL changed I just stop at 15 cause :effort: and I only care about bios, so I would like to know if there were more past that

I'm pretty sure I have the roster to full clear but it takes like... 4x longer no so nty

Bad phrasing. The 20-25 stuff has about a weeks worth of BAM, so that was alright but now I can't be assed to do it.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Any goon clans open? Just got this this week, amd opened up Alliances right now.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kill me in the rear end

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

BlindNinja posted:

Any goon clans open? Just got this this week, amd opened up Alliances right now.

Buster Highman has a few open slots

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Sent app to Buster Highman as Bawls Mahoney.

So what's happening when one of the daily challenges is [World Boss Invasion] Complete Co-op mission and it doesn't clear even after doing WBI twice?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You need to do the CoOp bonus, which today is "less than 5 heroes" which can be a tough one since even if you do all villains the other two players could ignore it and have all heroes. But I've been doing 1 hero - 2 villains and I get the bonus at least half the time.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Gnome de plume posted:

Sent app to Buster Highman as Bawls Mahoney.

So what's happening when one of the daily challenges is [World Boss Invasion] Complete Co-op mission and it doesn't clear even after doing WBI twice?

Welcome to the Buster Highman family, bitch

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

fart simpson posted:

Buster Highman has a few open slots

Invite sent!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

BlindNinja posted:

Invite sent!

Are you MindNinja? If yes, then welcome to the family

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

fart simpson posted:

Are you MindNinja? If yes, then welcome to the family

Yep. Forgot my name was different there.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Doomtalker posted:

Worst Alliance has 5 openings, in case anybody would like to join. We're level 30 and kinda do alright in Alliance Risk!

p.s. this is the new leader of worst alliance. address all complaints accordingly.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
Are any of the other Defenders uniforms worth it aside from Hobo-fist?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Not really.

If you're into upgrading uniforms it would be worth it, but only if it was for a character you planned on upgrading AND only if it unlocked one of the good stat slots

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001
Doctor goons have a couple of spaces open as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Applied to Doctor Goons as Randallteal :cheers: