Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

suuma posted:

My daily banner is still Nier :confused:

I think he means on Friday when the new banner arrives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Oh, yeah. Of course, my bad. Comprehension is hard.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bruceski posted:

Earth Veritas, Soleil, Xon, Fryevia, and Bran. Not sure if Bran is any good or not, they're mainly there as a "who do I have who can use this neat greatsword I just got" and will probably be replaced with a similarly-chosen katana-user in 400k more raid points.

Soleil may be really great in a couple of days (with a gil and cryst investment.)I don't know what your in-game situation is, she may be a long term project.

Fryevia and Earth Veritas are both S-class, keep both those two.

Xon is definitely worth using, he will help you get more stuff. You may want to switch him out for some fights, and you absolutely want him for others because of his buff-steal.

Bran is okay but you're right, he's probably not going to make the final cut.

As long as Soleil pans out, you have a terrific team minus Bran, who I would replace with the best healer you can find.

The general formula for a "good" team is Tank, Support, Healer, 2 DPR (damage per round; damage per second only applies to real-time battles) but you can mix it up as you go.

Some battles you want all out offense, some all out defense.

Dana Crysalis posted:

And it still isn't for the two people that CAN use it, because let's look at them:

Rydia: Let's face it. You're not using her for spells. You're probably not using her at all. Later you might use her for Bahamut Finishers, until Garnet gets 6*.

Dark Fina: Here's the only real person that can use it. But... unless you dual wield, you would lose out on the bonuses from Dark Bond and Rod Mastery, so....

Basically, c'mon Gumi, gimme Quistis. or 6* normal Rydia who's worth a drat.

Quistis won't come until Blue Magic does. I have 5 Dual Wields (plus an extra Zidane) so my Dark Fina uses the above strategy. Got four Letters and Arms waiting after the current batch of TMRs are done; but they are slated for Trance Terra.

Dana Crysalis posted:

D.Fina can't use swords, so no L&A for her.

Also this.

Not a fan of this banner. Already have all these guys.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Dragonturtle posted:

I've set up my 702 ATK 2B for 100% evasion and paralysis resist for anyone that needs easy clears for the ELT trial.

Yo, I just want to take a minute to personally thank you for this. I only started playing this like a week ago and I have been shamelessly abusing both my constant rank up raid refreshes, and the "quit the app and reopen to refresh the friends list" bug to use your 2B and level up....well basically everything. You putting that character up has probably saved me what would otherwise be dozens of hours of gameplay, so thanks.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
So now that I'm actually participating in the 5* chaining meta... I need more Fryevia friends.

I'm rocking a few TMs, but not BiS until I can get macros to work again. Still, she can DW chain and is sitting at 750 MAG.

I've cleared out a bunch of 100d + expired accounts, so if you run Fryevia I'd like an invite. Most of the folks on the spreadsheet that meet that criteria are full up.

099 466 666

Related Question: Who else can I reliably chain with? I can't quite get Orlandu/DV to work despite seeing the same chain frames. What gives?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Decided to try the 2B Spear bug today on my older Fire HD and to my surprise it worked every single time. I was able to get everything but World Destroyer and I'm completely fine with that. That's a 6 hour fight I'll never have to do now.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Captaindirtnap posted:

Related Question: Who else can I reliably chain with? I can't quite get Orlandu/DV to work despite seeing the same chain frames. What gives?

She does with TGC and DV, but it's hard. She moves and they don't, iirc.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Marie is pimped out and listed as my friend. Do the enhancements and Malboro fight go live on Thursday after maintenance or do we wait till Friday?

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

BDawg posted:

She does with TGC and DV, but it's hard. She moves and they don't, iirc.

She's not moving. Her hits might start faster than Orlandu, but I can't exactly test this against a training dummy.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Marie is pimped out and listed as my friend. Do the enhancements and Malboro fight go live on Thursday after maintenance or do we wait till Friday?

Marlboro says "following event on Thursday 8-17" and awakening say August 17th, so tomorrow for both.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Quick question, if I've gotten the TM reward from a unit can I fuse it with something else and keep the reward, or will the reward vanish or something. I'd assume it wouldn't but I got some kind of vague warning messages when I started to try the enhancement and I wanted to make sure.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
you keep the reward

they're good to fuse for exp if it's a crappy unit

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I want to try this Aigaion bug but I don't know if I have the time to flesh out a party to make an attempt. Especially since I have no Tilith.

Also, can't you change your Nox to a different OS or something?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Soleil may be really great in a couple of days (with a gil and cryst investment.)I don't know what your in-game situation is, she may be a long term project.

Fryevia and Earth Veritas are both S-class, keep both those two.

Xon is definitely worth using, he will help you get more stuff. You may want to switch him out for some fights, and you absolutely want him for others because of his buff-steal.

Bran is okay but you're right, he's probably not going to make the final cut.

As long as Soleil pans out, you have a terrific team minus Bran, who I would replace with the best healer you can find.

The general formula for a "good" team is Tank, Support, Healer, 2 DPR (damage per round; damage per second only applies to real-time battles) but you can mix it up as you go.

Some battles you want all out offense, some all out defense.

Yeah that's about what I gathered. I only started about 10 days ago so Earth Veritas was my first big project and even having seen the abilities on paper I was a bit blown away by how well they combine. My mind has been opened to the potentials.

Aww, I just realized I won't get my 10+1 ticket until after the Nier folks move off it tomorrow. Even if the new folks are good, that's less chances to find someone to shove all those gacha moogles into.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Yeah that's about what I gathered. I only started about 10 days ago so Earth Veritas was my first big project and even having seen the abilities on paper I was a bit blown away by how well they combine. My mind has been opened to the potentials.

Aww, I just realized I won't get my 10+1 ticket until after the Nier folks move off it tomorrow. Even if the new folks are good, that's less chances to find someone to shove all those gacha moogles into.

The 10+1 ticket doesn't pull from the Nier banner with boosted drop rates for the Nier units. It pulls from the general pool. Now there is a small chance that a Nier unit could show up. Time limited units do go in the general pool while they are active.

But we all know you getting Bediled instead...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

They really should've put Marie back up on banner, she's gonna be MVP for this fight. Especially for those who don't have ribbons.

But :gumi:

Or Rikku, whose TM removes all status effects unlike CoD's Return skill.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cartoon Man posted:

The 10+1 ticket doesn't pull from the Nier banner with boosted drop rates for the Nier units. It pulls from the general pool. Now there is a small chance that a Nier unit could show up. Time limited units do go in the general pool while they are active.

But we all know you getting Bediled instead...

I thought the boosted drop rates were in the general pool and the banner pulls were even more boosted drop rates or something, I must have misunderstood, that seems pretty clear now that I actually say it out loud.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I did some friend cleaning and pubbie pruning and I got a 2B with perfect dodge & 946 attack, hit Buttz up @ 479,088,281

hagie posted:

I want to try this Aigaion bug but I don't know if I have the time to flesh out a party to make an attempt. Especially since I have no Tilith.

Also, can't you change your Nox to a different OS or something?

If you can survive for one turn 2B can use Pod Charge on the first then R50: Spear which becomes an AoE move and can kill all of Aigaion right there. No healer needed! Get a high ATK unit to soak the left arm's attack, have WoL or Earth Veritas (if you have them) use their AoE cover, pop a DEF buff, if you have 9S leveled up he can use Spread Shield for 30% damage reduction, and 2B uses Pod Charge. That should get 2B to the second round where she can just end it. If you're confident in your staying power you can try for the Martial Arts Mastery challenge summon Ramuh but if you can try to get the arm.

Tilith isn't necessary except for the No Magic challenge and if you do just two round Aigaion then healing doesn't matter. If you go for the summon Ramuh challenge things might get trickier though, Y'shtola or (maybe and?) dual cast Refia or Fina can hopefully do the job.

(the healer situation right now feels kinda rough thinking about it now if you don't have Y'shtola or Tilith or haven't grinded a dual cast TM)

also this upcoming banner is dumb. gently caress you gumi for replacing a second week of half price Nier pulls for that poo poo. I'm going to save my lapis and just end it with a 10+1 on Nier I think and go for the long bomb of a second 2B or 9S or getting an A2.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I added some new friend slots. I can help with new goons, also any other Fryevia goons cause I could always use more chaining buddies.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

arisu posted:

I added some new friend slots. I can help with new goons, also any other Fryevia goons cause I could always use more chaining buddies.

No more Olive?! When did you get Fry?

edit: Welcome back Toonman!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Looking at the issues list, it looks like 21O also has a bugged move! R10: Laser, her 3* lv10 attack can also do the 1 or max damage bug too. If you can trigger it make a team of 21O's and just one turn Aigaion with that. As always test with Engels before blowing 50 energy on Aigaon.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got all the rewards from the bugged Alg fight without even bringing a healer. Maxwell just ate the kill shot and reraised herself over and over. Rikku cast eccentrik first turn and kept her LB up for the rest, Bran sang for MP refresh, Wilhelm did some things but wasn't sure he helped, and King just attacked for orbs. If King didn't get a good amount of Esper orbs I'd force quit and did it until he got a good amount.

Friend 2B had some reraise skill I can't remember and everybody did their thing until esper bar was full and then summon Ramuh and kill. Think it was 4-5 turns at most.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

Looking at the issues list, it looks like 21O also has a bugged move! R10: Laser, her 3* lv10 attack can also do the 1 or max damage bug too. If you can trigger it make a team of 21O's and just one turn Aigaion with that. As always test with Engels before blowing 50 energy on Aigaon.

Huh. My 21O only does 1 damage with her Laser. I could never get it to do otherwise. Ah well.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

dangerous.hotdog posted:

No more Olive?! When did you get Fry?

edit: Welcome back Toonman!

Fry came on my guaranteed 5* anniversary pull. Was super happy about it!

I'll gladly swap back to Olive anytime anyone wants though.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

arisu posted:

Fry came on my guaranteed 5* anniversary pull. Was super happy about it!

I'll gladly swap back to Olive anytime anyone wants though.

Grats on the Fry! Your Olive was a bad rear end little lady and I'll miss seeing her. :)

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007
I tried the 2B bug out on my Kindle Fire HD and it worked, so I set up a party to get all the achievements. I finally get ready to use an LB and evoke an esper, when I realize I didn't equip Ramuh on anyone :haw: At least I know I can redo the fight and win next time while using magic...

Chasiu fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 16, 2017

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

I'm wondering if it's not OS related? I usually play on my Nexus 7 2013, and that has Marshmallow on it. My phone, however, was released in 2014, but runs KitKat 4.4.4. The bug works on my phone, but not my tablet.

Can you downgrade the OS on Nox or Memu?

Someone suggested the 2B bug (hi dmg not 1s) is likely related to 32bit vs. 64bit OS. I've seen several people posting success with Nexus 7s and also iPhone 4s.

I think my chinese knock-off car radio runs an old andriod OS, maybe I'll install there and try...

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

Ratmtattat posted:

Decided to try the 2B Spear bug today on my older Fire HD and to my surprise it worked every single time. I was able to get everything but World Destroyer and I'm completely fine with that. That's a 6 hour fight I'll never have to do now.

You could always do the fight again and 2 turn it by using pod charge round one and then spear round 2 and get World Destroyer.

That's what I did for Asmo who didn't have tilith.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Just went through the goon friend list and sent out about 3 dozen friend requests. Name in-game is Febel and I've got SA in the description.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Just did the 2B bugged robot fight with my old Galaxy S3 this morning. Used Lightning, Greg, Wilhelm, Rikku, Refia, and friend 2B. Basically just generated orbs and cast raise/survival things until the esper bar was charged and then it was just a quick pod charge to murdertown. I'm pretty psyched this happened because there was a 90% I would never have wasted 4 hours doing that fight otherwise, and never have gotten any of this sweet stuff. Thanks bad programmers!

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Scrublord Prime posted:

(the healer situation right now feels kinda rough thinking about it now if you don't have Y'shtola or Tilith or haven't grinded a dual cast TM)

Can confirm this, I started playing too late to get Y'sh or Tilith, and I'm only about 50% of the way to a dual cast TM. I'm using Refia, and she just can't heal enough to keep up with damage a lot of the time. Really need a better healer, but it doesn't look like there is one right now really. Dual cast should hopefully help a ton when I finally finish grinding it out.

Edit: Are Refia's enhancements worth getting?

Anfauglir fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 16, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Right

Scrublord Prime posted:

I did some friend cleaning and pubbie pruning and I got a 2B with perfect dodge & 946 attack, hit Buttz up @ 479,088,281

If you can survive for one turn 2B can use Pod Charge on the first then R50: Spear which becomes an AoE move and can kill all of Aigaion right there. No healer needed! Get a high ATK unit to soak the left arm's attack, have WoL or Earth Veritas (if you have them) use their AoE cover, pop a DEF buff, if you have 9S leveled up he can use Spread Shield for 30% damage reduction, and 2B uses Pod Charge. That should get 2B to the second round where she can just end it. If you're confident in your staying power you can try for the Martial Arts Mastery challenge summon Ramuh but if you can try to get the arm.

Tilith isn't necessary except for the No Magic challenge and if you do just two round Aigaion then healing doesn't matter. If you go for the summon Ramuh challenge things might get trickier though, Y'shtola or (maybe and?) dual cast Refia or Fina can hopefully do the job.

also this upcoming banner is dumb. gently caress you gumi for replacing a second week of half price Nier pulls for that poo poo. I'm going to save my lapis and just end it with a 10+1 on Nier I think and go for the long bomb of a second 2B or 9S or getting an A2.

Ok, I put a rag tag tam together, but the only 2B I have currently trounces my highest attack (Maxwell for re-revive). Always something

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
It's ok, if you just spam pod charge every turn with 2B she'll keep casting reraise on herself. Then you can just do AoE spear move at a moments notice and 1shot him if things get out of hand.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
have some room if anyone wants sexy fun times

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I'm getting some 2500-4000 hits with R50 spear...

Guess I'll try on the iPad mini when I get home

hagie fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 16, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Scrublord Prime posted:

One shotting Aigaion with 2B is easy. If you use the auto-reraise charge up skill that turns Spear into an AOE that one shots the body and both arms.

The tricky part is staying alive long enough to whack the body and build esper gauge for the Fist Mastery. I tried a couple times but I don't think I can pull it off. The insta-killing is fine, but the damage tears my team up before I can get Rikku's LB online. Having Fina without double cast for a healer doesn't help.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I've put Algernon's Fist, along with Equip Fists, Martial Arts Mastery, and Apocalypse on my second Orlandeu for now. Still leveling him up, but he's at around 600 ATK. What else could I put on him, bearing in mind I've got my first Orlandeu at as near as I can get to BIS with the same materia, weapons and accessories everyone else has on theirs.

A second Excalibur has just started cooking, so it's going to be a while on that.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Anfauglir posted:

Can confirm this, I started playing too late to get Y'sh or Tilith, and I'm only about 50% of the way to a dual cast TM. I'm using Refia, and she just can't heal enough to keep up with damage a lot of the time. Really need a better healer, but it doesn't look like there is one right now really. Dual cast should hopefully help a ton when I finally finish grinding it out.

Edit: Are Refia's enhancements worth getting?

Not really. Full Life+2 is just a MP cost down from 20 to 5 MP but that doesn't really help much. Embolden+2 gets a MP cost down too and a regen effect but it isn't very powerful. It's 1150 + 8x over 5 turns vs Curaja 1000 + 3.4x, but that 1150+8x is split in five so it really doesn't help her healing throughput like a dual cast would. Kazus Pendant+2 gives her innate MP refresh which is nice, just remember that +1 is pointless though.

Roselia will probably become the big non-event non-5* base healer. Her 6* form gets Triple White magic and her current enhancements are good: Pray+2 recovers 30MP to the party and Curaja+2 is an extra +600 potency over vanilla Curaja. It's just waiting for her 6* which is "who knows when".

e: Looking at 6* Roselia she gets an innate 40 MP AoE heal, albeit for 20 MP isntead of Pray+2's 30MP for 3. ST full heal and heal all status, some status immunities, and a suicide AoE regen, revive, and full heal. She doesn't learn any actual revive magic. She isn't perfect but at least she has healing throughput! /e:

BGrifter posted:

One shotting Aigaion with 2B is easy. If you use the auto-reraise charge up skill that turns Spear into an AOE that one shots the body and both arms.

The tricky part is staying alive long enough to whack the body and build esper gauge for the Fist Mastery. I tried a couple times but I don't think I can pull it off. The insta-killing is fine, but the damage tears my team up before I can get Rikku's LB online. Having Fina without double cast for a healer doesn't help.

I was thinking for people who can't get the 2B Spear glitch off (I can't get 21O's Laser to do more than one damage myself though), and yeah, I keep forgetting her autorevive skill also gives Spear AoE damage :downs:

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 16, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Lame, 10+1 ticket, 20 more, and 10000 lapis in two more 11 pulls and nothing to show for it other than Eve and a pile of assorted yellows and stuff. Bit of a bummer, but I did get the maid that has the best in slot armor for Olive, so there's that. No 9S for me which sucks a lot

I almost thought about buying a bundle but my experiences from Brave Frontier tell me I'm just gonna be pissed off and down twenty bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Can't get the 2B glitch to work on my Pixel and I don't have my old phone :negative:

• Locked thread