Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also Nikki Cross is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They've already done the "you don't really know these guys but they're super tight from working in some vaguely defined outside promotion" with The Club and for that one angle with Reigns / Usos, it worked. They're not going to mention ROH but it's pretty easy to establish "these guys are a stable".

Fwiw I wouldn't expect a full-on invasion angle (bc they'd never respect ROH enough to mention them in the same breath as their talent) mainly bc any configuration of high card faces is going to be equally as chockablock with guys who are seen as indie acquisitions. A faction battle would get over but the more the faces are identified as "NXT guys" the more dissonance would be created.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

exploded mummy posted:

I am happy WWE traded Cody Rhodes for Adam Cole, Rush, Dijack, and reDragon.

Based on how he's moving business I feel like the Indies got the best part of the deal.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:confused: how could you ever get people to understand the members of an invasion faction at a show called takeover?

what's the most matches we've ever had on a takeover card? besides the 3 championship matches, all the rest could be ROH debuts.

Edit: haha nixing the tags ty

Billzasilver fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 16, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

No need for spoiler tags here dude.

If there really is an ROH-adjacent faction that pops up, I'd expect it to be an end-of-show beatdown debut

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

If Hunter's WarGames boner ends with Cole/O'Reilly/Fish/Dijak against Strong/Itami/Ohno/Black at Mania or something like that I will flip the gently caress out.

tbh they could just do this matchup as a Survivor Series tag match at Takeover: Houston? Wouldn't have the same impact, but idk, it'd be cool

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

roh vs roh + tommy end is a silly match

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Silly in the good as hell way maybe

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The worst that could happen is people checking out current ROH expecting good or fun shows

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Basic Chunnel posted:

The worst that could happen is people checking out current ROH expecting good or fun shows

ROH shows are generally excellent from a technical perspective but hoo boy those angles

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 18, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...well. Um...

"We just need Jim Cornette"?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Well that puts the Vince Russo behind the scenes rumors to bed

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Well that puts the Vince Russo behind the scenes rumors to bed

Not even.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I mean, there are worse ideas than "leverage the old managers with big podcast followings"

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Go RV! posted:

I mean, there are worse ideas than "leverage the old managers with big podcast followings"

This is going to lead to Prichard/Russo vs. Meltzer/Cornette

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

This is going to lead to Prichard/Russo vs. Meltzer/Cornette

With the inevitable Horsemen beatdown on Meltzer as all the carny podcasters put the boots to him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CVagts posted:

With the inevitable Horsemen beatdown on Meltzer as all the carny podcasters put the boots to him.

Followed by the Elite clearing the ring and making the save.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Next week's GFW

Taryn Terrell sick of Gail Kim, came back to help her retire. Gail chases her off
OVE (aka OI4K) defeat The Heatseekers
Grado out to bid farewell to fans before he's deported. Laurel Van Ness comes out and says he changed her. She proposes, he says yes and can now stay in the country. Kongo Kong tries to stop it but is prevented by Mahabali Shera
20 man gauntlet for the vacant world title. Final 6 are Moose, Johnny Impact (aka Johnny Mundo), Low-Ki, Eddie Edwards, Lashley, and Eli Drake. Eli Drake wins and is the new Global Champion

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Johnny Impact

Eli Drake global champion

promising

stuff

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
johnny impact

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

But we should all be very very mad about Mick Foley taking the dickflip bump

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

You know the best part is that they're gonna get so much mileage out of Grado being such a pussy that a woman proposes to him

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Also "Johnny Impact" would be a rib if anyone backstage had knowledge of medical terminology

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Good to see Johnny Abs going back to his original Raw gimmick, does he come out to the Impact music too?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If he's not using his LU "Welcome to Slam Town" music then why even bother bringing him in?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Did Eli drake sign a multi year contract?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Johnny Impact sounds like a lovely mid-90s white rapper who tried to make it big after Ice Ice Baby

he may have actually been in The Funky Bunch

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bard Maddox posted:

Johnny Impact sounds like a lovely mid-90s white rapper who tried to make it big after Ice Ice Baby

he may have actually been in The Funky Bunch

It's pretty perfect for the character to be honest. Johnny is basically generic 90's movie bully so a stupid name like that is perfect.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GFW taping ongoing and I'll have results as always, just wanted to apologize for the one important part of last night's show that I forgot to mention

In the gauntlet for the world title was the debut of Standby Wrestler Richard Justice, aka Supercop Dick Justice

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

GFW taping ongoing and I'll have results as always, just wanted to apologize for the one important part of last night's show that I forgot to mention

In the gauntlet for the world title was the debut of Standby Wrestler Richard Justice, aka Supercop Dick Justice

Wait are you actually there?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait are you actually there?

Yep. At first thought my mind was playing tricks on me because the only time I'm ever at a TNA show, the last loving thing I expect to see is the man, the myth, the legend, Dick Justice. Then found out he was there last night and welp, had to rush here with the news

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Yep. At first thought my mind was playing tricks on me because the only time I'm ever at a TNA show, the last loving thing I expect to see is the man, the myth, the legend, Dick Justice. Then found out he was there last night and welp, had to rush here with the news

Holy poo poo.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

How's the theme park

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

How's the theme park

Fun! Better than the show (so far because it's still ongoing), although it's been cool to see Fantasma, Dick Justice, Petey Williams, and John Morrison. Never thought I'd see half of those people live

Also, possible Summerslam spoiler I just read about, apparently Taker's in the area as of today

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh poo poo people better add 'who will taker kick in the dick' to the prediction thread and to betting sites

will he neuter the big dog for retiring him? will he return for one last shot at brock's junk? will he swerve us and actually interfere in bray vs. finn because he's the only god/demon/guy who turns out the lights in wwe?

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I once saw dick justice come out to American bad rear end riding a huffy. He locked the bike up in the guardrails between the ring and front row.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GFW

Xplosion
Taiji Ishimori defeats Suicide

Eli Drake world title celebration hosted by Drake and Chris Adonis. Johnny Impact interrupts, wants a shot. Eddie Edwards says it's his shot because this isn't AAA. Cornette makes a tag match: Adonis and Drake vs Edwards and Johnny. Whoever gets the pin or sub gets the title shot, and if Drake wins he doesn't defend it against either
EC3 retains Grand title over El Hijo del Fantasma. Post-match Fantasma and Pagano beat down EC3 until Edwards makes the save
OVE defeat Mario Bokara and Fallah Bahh
Petey Williams defeats Caleb Konley (with Trevor Lee). Lee attacks post-match, Sonjay Dutt makes the save
Kongo Kong defeats Standby Wrestler Richard Justice. Post-match Mahabali Shera makes the save and chases off Kong
Low-Ki defeats James Storm after interference from Santana. Homicide the only member not at ringside and apparently wasn't there yesterday either, wondering if he's done with the company too.
Drake/Adonis defeat Johnny/Eddie (Drake pins Edwards). Cornette says Drake will defend next week against Matt Sydal

Dutt/Petey defeat Lee/Konley
LAX defeat Jon Bolen and Zachary Wentz. LAX defending the tag belts against OVE at The Crash in Tijuana Sept 2
Sienna/Taryn Terrell defeat Allie/Gail Kim. KM and Braxton Sutter brawl to the back. Post-match Taryn and Sienna beat down Allie and Gail. Rosemary attempts to make the save, but gets beat down too, until Taya Valkyrie comes out...and turns heel, joining Taryn/Sienna and laying out Rosemary.
Cornette interrupted by Johnny, who wants the winner of Drake/Sydal. LAX out, Konnan says this isn't WWE or LU, and Johnny's opinion is as irrelevant as the AAA title. Security prevent a brawl
Pagano/Fantasma defeat EC3/Eddie after interference from Texano. James Storm comes out and breaks a beer bottle over Texano's head. Storm shakes hands with Edwards, glares at EC3
Drake retains Global title over Sydal
Borash announces Lashley's quitting GFW and tonight's his last appearance. Lashley says he has to make a choice, MMA or wrestling, and he picks MMA and is going back to his real friends at American Top Team. He calls out Moose for one more fight before he goes. They brawl, Moose gets the upper hand but is then attacked by American Top Team. Lashley flips off the crowd, bows, and leaves

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I will watch TNA if Dick Justice is a regular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I just looked up Dick Justice and here is what I have learned:
1. He's good
2. Dick Justice is also the name of a blues musician from the mid-1900s