Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

Your Taint posted:

Lol he's taking his ball and going home.

https://twitter.com/DanaSchwartzzz/status/897870710097539072

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002

WampaLord posted:

This is a weird argument, because you're implying that if he was an attractive white supremacist he'd somehow be more acceptable.
It is genuinely comical in classical terms how visually and physically ugly trump is. But the bigger worry there is not what if he were handsome or appealing, it's what if he weren't a loving idiot. Thats what really keeps me up at night.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
You can't quit, i'm firing you!

efb

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Look, how can Trump possibly hope to get his agenda passed when there are so many more pressing emergencies he must fix that were created by Trump?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

biracial bear for uncut posted:

The statements aren't loud enough.

it is very significant for military officials to rebuke the president because it's a pretty significant breach of the chain of command. even indirectly, like they're doing here. it's basically a fireable offense.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

evilweasel posted:

he doesn't because he is too afraid of personal confrontation to actually fire people, according to an overwhelming number of leaks from his administration

When you have direct confrontation with someone you learn just how much they respect you, Trump knows the moment he loses power over them they don't even have to pretend to have a veneer of respect. Hell I doubt even Trump supporters have any actual respect for the man, he's just someone who is a projection. There's nothing about him that you would hold in esteem and anyone given a moment would punch him Richard Spencer style. He's possibly the least respected President in history, if such a metric exists, in which he's being treated like a ceremonial figure head with no tangible power and who just happens to be in a role of supposed power but no one takes seriously.

I'm not saying this in a way of "you should take himseriously", I am aware his bigotry and hatred and voicing and love of eugenics etc. are all words and ideas that through him and his various proxies gain power and traction, but that doesn't change that the man himself is somehow someone who will never be respected (and part of me believes he wanted to be President because then everyone would have to respect him, and it didn't work so he's lashing out with "Why Won't You Love Me?!")

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

farraday posted:

As a pure aside I offer this tidbit from the Martin Shkreli jury selection

https://twitter.com/Harpers/status/897833580679880704

Shine on Juror #1.

Juror #1 ain't nothing. All the cool kids are about juror #59.

https://twitter.com/MsHavishamwow/status/897861151027056640

Edit: Jesus Christ, I was later than Dee Reynolds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7epxErYt6Q&t=43s

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 16, 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/cgasparino/status/897875314034061312

https://twitter.com/atrios/status/897876173568528385

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
CEOs leaving Trump's symbolic councils is going to eat at him far more than any other aspect of the Charlottesville incident. Having so many of America's most successful people insult him so publicly is probably the single worst part of his presidency. We will be getting angry Saturday tweets about this for years to come.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

If I really have to clarify this: I'm aware of the prison industrial complex, that modern nations have slavery, and that human trafficking is a major issue in the US. If they wanted to make a show about realistic forms of slavery, I don't think it would be about a modern fantasy version of the Confederacy.

Welp. Sorry about being a triggered snowflake.

Lid posted:

The thing is that Trump voters can't pretend, they can't convert and say "I voted for Hillary" because both the narrative isn't she was good either, but there is nothing good in saying that to them. It's more likely they'll justify the idea of Trump, the Lost Cause of the Whites Will Rise Again.

They don't want to pretend. It's usually proudly spun as "I will vote for anyone opposing nasty Hillary."

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's pretty crazy that essentially the entire country is in opposition of the president right now, except for the one group of people who can actually do something to get rid of him.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/897837282220285952

guess they're making sure that russia ignores the whole nazi thing

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

evilweasel posted:

its making the argument that all white supremacists are examples of the genetic dregs of humanity in a subtle way

But again, it's a weird loving argument, cause the implication is that if they all looked like the Golden One, they would have a more legitimate point.

The attractiveness of the messenger shouldn't alter your view of the message.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Debate & Discussion > Trump Thread II: And he disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's pretty crazy that essentially the entire country is in opposition of the president right now, except for the one group of people who can actually do something to get rid of him.

judging from my facebook feed, there's a large portion of middle america who are still in the tank for donny.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

The attractiveness of the messenger shouldn't alter your view of the message.

it does if the message is "we are genetically superior"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Basically, Trump wanted to throw a party, but all the people he invited told him it would be social suicide to be seen with him, so he yelled "Hey, everyone! I'm cancelling my party!" in the hallway.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

WampaLord posted:

This is a weird argument, because you're implying that if he was an attractive white supremacist he'd somehow be more acceptable.

That's not what he's implying you braindead moron, he's presumably riffing off this

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

WampaLord posted:

Trump's poll numbers would absolutely be higher if he was actually attractive. The Halo Effect is real.

Hell, look at how many goons rush to compliment Trudeau's looks whenever he's mentioned.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

WampaLord posted:

But again, it's a weird loving argument, cause the implication is that if they all looked like the Golden One, they would have a more legitimate point.

nah it's just insulting them

insults don't need to be worked into a coherent theory of politics they just need to irritate the target and unite people who aren't the target against them, and it's funny to point out that people boasting about their racial superiority are so hilariously ugly

their message isn't any more or less correct because of how ugly they are, but it is funny that one look at their face disproves their claims about their genetic superiority

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TGLT posted:

Man I expected his first big boy national crisis to go bad but gently caress me if this isn't just a shitshow.

Well yeah, he sided with the crisis. :v:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

judging from my facebook feed, there's a large portion of middle america who are still in the tank for donny.

Yeah, I mean he's never going to run out of supporters, but they're definitely the minority--and shrinking.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fitzy Fitz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93WRQ8HT_WA

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:lol:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/897837282220285952

guess they're making sure that russia ignores the whole nazi thing

Does russia have actual feelings about things? Would they turn on a nazi-supporting organization the way americans are?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/ItsFischy/status/897875242273656837

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Harton posted:

When I asked if he was offended because he was a nazi he just smiled at me and walked out of the room. So yeah he's a loving nazi.

Welp. If he starts poo poo, report him to the higher ups and see if you can get him fired.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It amazes me how many people are against the antifa just because they conceal their identities.

"Why would they hide if they believe in what they say?" I ask as I put bounties on liberals at rallies.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mattsheffield/status/897873969897975808

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Everyone walking out on him surely upsets him more than the nazi stuff.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Seriously. Pretty spineless to announce your aversion to being on the board after is dissolution.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CmdrRiker posted:

They don't want to pretend. It's usually proudly spun as "I will vote for anyone opposing nasty Hillary."

Cant continue that line anymore when its countered with "so you voted for the nazi?" The narrative cant stay on Hillary forever. She'll be another forgotten Romney.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Autism Sneaks posted:

That's not what he's implying you braindead moron, he's presumably riffing off this

I know, I brought up the same thing in regards to this panel late last night.

It's just a weird thing. I'm worried because it seems to imply that if a charismatic attractive Nazi came along, he'd suddenly be not as bad.

Like if this dude has a strong chin, Jesse is cool with it?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

empty whippet box posted:

Does russia have actual feelings about things? Would they turn on a nazi-supporting organization the way americans are?

They're thrilled to be sticking their finger in America's eye; it makes them feel like a superpower again. That's pretty much the extent of their reasoning on it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

empty whippet box posted:

russia traditionally is not super fond of nazis, it has to do with the tens of millions of dead soldiers and the very deliberate efforts to exterminate russians as a race from the invasion

we got to fight them over there, russia had to fight them on russian soil

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
The CEOs on the council resigning is one thing bit the CEOs in the cabinet would be another.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mario Party 4 is bad, that bird website user is bad.

Also really "The nintendo

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Everyone walking out on him surely upsets him more than the nazi stuff.

one embarrasses him and the other gives him a chance to talk about his winery.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The more isolated someone becomes the more their viewpoints become polarized. I will be surprised if Kelly leaves if he does then I could see him become even more unhinged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i mean basically no nation has more cause to hate nazis than the former nations of the ussr (edit: besides israel, which is a real obvious one I missed)

so we'll see if putin can manage to look the other way just because they support trump (edit: why, look at where israel has managed to talk itself into!)

• Locked thread