Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Everyone is hot for Star Destroyer vs Strong Style Brit showdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

GOD YES

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Street Profits are amazing once again in their interactions with Lars.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/LarsSWWE/status/898012663250399232

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/897976843441197056

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
I'm really not sure the sociopath in denial will work for the guy- when he speaks, you can't believe he's a monster any more. At least it makes some sense of why he thinks he needs tag partners- he need to convince himself and others that he can cooperate and fit in.

But hey, it's something new, and more plotlines!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
That Ember Moon promo was pretty bad. The contacts are ridiculous and her heavy breathing idle animation stance was silly too. Should be a good match though!

Sullivan's face looks like a beefier Baron Corbin from some angles and it was weirding me out.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Wazzu posted:

I'm really not sure the sociopath in denial will work for the guy- when he speaks, you can't believe he's a monster any more. At least it makes some sense of why he thinks he needs tag partners- he need to convince himself and others that he can cooperate and fit in.

But hey, it's something new, and more plotlines!

Big guys with goofy voices is the best tho.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Chinston Wurchill posted:

That Ember Moon promo was pretty bad. The contacts are ridiculous and her heavy breathing idle animation stance was silly too. Should be a good match though!

Sullivan's face looks like a beefier Baron Corbin from some angles and it was weirding me out.

I think that promo was a vindication of everything Bryan says about her (amongst other people). The fans don't hate Asuka, they don't want her to lose, nobody is in her league, they want Asuka to win forever. Or at least don't want her to lose in NXT.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 17, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

if the dark tyrant of NXT, HHH, wants it run like an old school promotion, Asuka will leave on her back

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Asuka is getting plenty of heel heat. It's not genuine visceral heat but still.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Put Asuka in a DQ still loses the title stipulation and have her brutalize her way to dropping the title.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah I hated it. I really like Ember in-ring, and they're gonna kill it Saturday, but I cringe when she picks up the mic.

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Big guys with goofy voices is the best tho.

Brock made a career of it

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I feel like the best way to approach this is if Ember wins on Saturday, turn her heel immediately after that. Give her a bit to try and work on her mic/acting/character skills, and if they still suck by time Takeover Houston comes around (which seems likely considering she's had 6+ months to work on these skills, and has made marginal improvements at best), have her either drop the title back to Asuka or someone like Kairi Sane.

Asuka is on a whole different level compared to Ember, and it shows.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 17, 2017

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

why the hell didn't they just go with Nikki Cross forever ago

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Tweak posted:

Probably because its not outside the realm of possibility that Nikki Cross is main roster bound after Takeover. That's if AOP retains, that is.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Tweak posted:

Using that Asuka/Cross match to show that Asuka can't be kept down, and then eventually having her fall to the Eclipse, is in theory a great idea to get Ember over. Their problem I guess is that Ember isn't able to connect with anyone yet and Nikki really owns so most people would've liked this in reverse.

Are they gonna make Nikki change her name on the main roster in case Nikki Bella comes back? Have they ever had two active wrestlers with the same first name performing concurrently?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Cena wrestled another John.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Accident Underwater posted:

Using that Asuka/Cross match to show that Asuka can't be kept down, and then eventually having her fall to the Eclipse, is in theory a great idea to get Ember over. Their problem I guess is that Ember isn't able to connect with anyone yet and Nikki really owns so most people would've liked this in reverse.

Are they gonna make Nikki change her name on the main roster in case Nikki Bella comes back? Have they ever had two active wrestlers with the same first name performing concurrently?

Well I don't think they ever made Undertaker remove his real life first name, Kane, from his driver's license.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Accident Underwater posted:

Have they ever had two active wrestlers with the same first name performing concurrently?

Let's go Chris from Canada, win the match with your signature submission move!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Nikki Cross isn't on Asuka's level and had like 4 matches total before her title match. They made the right call.

Wazzu posted:

The fans don't hate Asuka, they don't want her to lose, nobody is in her league, they want Asuka to win forever. Or at least don't want her to lose in NXT.

Yes, this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Per Dave on WOR: "For Aleister Black, they're working on this super fantastic ring entrance for him."

Get the gently caress IIIIIIIIN

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

VJeff posted:

Per Dave on WOR: "For Aleister Black, they're working on this super fantastic ring entrance for him."

I am so ready to Hail Satan

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

They might be getting the band that does his song to play live at the arena for him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

They might be getting the band that does his song to play live at the arena for him.

I'm conflicted on that because NXT doesn't have a bigger event than Takeover Brooklyn, but man shouldn't you save that for when he goes for the title?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Aphrodite posted:

Let's go Chris from Canada, win the match with your signature submission move!

WWE framed Benoit because they couldn't have two Canadian Chris's at the same time

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I read it's going to be the lead singer from Incendiary (who do Black's song), with Code Orange (who do one of the official Takeover themes.)

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I very much enjoyed Ruby Riot's weird Steven Segal run towards the end of her match last night.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

VJeff posted:

I'm conflicted on that because NXT doesn't have a bigger event than Takeover Brooklyn, but man shouldn't you save that for when he goes for the title?

Based on the rumors of fast tracking, he may never go for the NXT Title.

I can't wait for the giant Baphomet at Mania.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Based on the rumors of fast tracking, he may never go for the NXT Title.

I can't wait for the giant Baphomet at Mania.

Look, Okada got a raptor, WWE has to fire back or they look weak.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Were Blackman, Austin and Regal on the roster at the same time during Regal's first run? That'd be three Steves.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i hope asuka wins, and we get a fake out of the iconic duo trying to end the streak with a taser but failing miserably between takeovers, and then asuka loses to ember in match 3.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I hope AB comes out to an actual black mass.

I want a loving orgy of witches writhing all over the place covered in blood and cats and then aleister emerging from the center of them like dracula in the 1992 masterpiece Bram Stoker's Dracula

Hail satan!

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That wrestler should come out surrounded by the deacons of the deep and he has a big red glow coming out of his chest by swallowing some kind of extremely harsh massive omni laser.. And you Ought to stomp my head and jump off of a house onto my little smashed fuckhead until it flattens out and the skull pieces cut through teh flesh and brains that i had and what not. Aleister

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Cavauro posted:

That wrestler should come out surrounded by the deacons of the deep and he has a big red glow coming out of his chest by swallowing some kind of extremely harsh massive omni laser.. And you Ought to stomp my head and jump off of a house onto my little smashed fuckhead until it flattens out and the skull pieces cut through teh flesh and brains that i had and what not. Aleister

Are you okay?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cuggus. Cuggis

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Gaz-L posted:

Incendiary is from Long Island soooooo, ya

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

cuggus. Cuggis

I'll have what he's having

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I was following the ticket prices for Brooklyn and it looks like I can get a decent deal. Here's the problem, as I see it: I don't want to give money to one of Trump's biggest donors. I don't have the network, I rarely watch the TV. I've gotten various reactions from friends after asking for some sort of moral guidance and it varied from "eh, it'll be ok" to "go but donate an equal amount to the ADL" to "that's a good point, boycott it". I know this is hardly the place for moral authority, but I'm seriously unsure as to whether or not I want to go this year.

• Locked thread