Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

pog boyfriend posted:

the idea that flash being too good is somehow bad for the game is weird.

It's just the incongruity of being presented with a choice that's actually not much of a choice at all. In an alternate history version of the game where F was always flash and you only got one summoner spell to pick to bind to D, no one would say anything (except for the weirdos who have to have flash on D for some reason (I am one of them))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

the idea that flash being too good is somehow bad for the game is weird. everyone loves it and it adds strategic depth because playing around flash cooldowns is cool. champions that can take other stuff instead of flash are indirectly buffed by being able to run exhaust or some other good summoner spell too

Boxman posted:

It's just the incongruity of being presented with a choice that's actually not much of a choice at all.
yeah. there's newbies who dont realize how good flash is right away too, so have to learn to take it because they see everyone else constantly taking it, but then they don't get why singed/olaf/trynd don't take it

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Playing around flash cooldown is actually aggravating, but complaining about is as about as useful as complaining about the color of the sky

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Endorph posted:

the game is totally balanced around flash at this point and making it baseline would mean people'd have three summoners which would get pretty crazy (and also would probably lead to everyone just taking teleport) and making it baseline but giving people only one spell slot would hurt the 2-3 champions (singed, trynd, olaf?) who dont take flash sometimes

ignite smite shaco

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Well hey, at least I know that the Flash discussion is timeless and will last until the death of this game!

Just played ARAM and URF and hot drat I will never join a normal game. They even give IP! Gonna work towards those rune pages in the OP. I've got most of the stuff but I had magic and armor pen quintessences instead of the flat AP/AD ones.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Urf giving chests rules a heck of a lot

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

guess the champ

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

guess the champ

Hecarim or Rammus

edit: no wait, karthus

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Twist And Pout! posted:

Well hey, at least I know that the Flash discussion is timeless and will last until the death of this game!

Just played ARAM and URF and hot drat I will never join a normal game. They even give IP! Gonna work towards those rune pages in the OP. I've got most of the stuff but I had magic and armor pen quintessences instead of the flat AP/AD ones.
Good news! They're making runes free and re-working them soon

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

RealFoxy posted:

Good news! They're making runes free and re-working them soon
Yeah don't bother buying runes. You can get the tier-2 ones for 1ip each I think and those are fine to hold you over until they redo the system.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

misguided rage posted:

Yeah don't bother buying runes. You can get the tier-2 ones for 1ip each I think and those are fine to hold you over until they redo the system.

They're doing a 100% refund on any runes purchased this season

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I know I just mean he might as well spend it on champions he likes to play rather than tie it up in a system that's going away soon.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

pog boyfriend posted:

the idea that flash being too good is somehow bad for the game is weird. everyone loves it and it adds strategic depth because playing around flash cooldowns is cool. champions that can take other stuff instead of flash are indirectly buffed by being able to run exhaust or some other good summoner spell too

It's funny because I'm annoyed by flash and I'm annoyed by mobility creep but I'm not annoyed by flash because it's mobility creep, because it's not. If anything it's mobility done well: has the power to significantly reward good play, but with a real cost to using it in any given situation.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

guess the champ

Nasus

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Pussy Quipped posted:

Hecarim or Rammus

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Pussy Quipped posted:

Hecarim or Rammus

Hecarim's win rate is lower, I think, and Rammus's should be higher. Also, people probably use ghost more than flash on hecarim. The 99% flash/ghost combo is probably common to every champ except for the few ghost ones (anyone other than hecarim?) and the ignite ones (anyone other than Shaco?)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

They're doing a 100% refund on any runes purchased this season

Wasn't it a 40% refund or was the backlash rather hefty.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

I honestly don't see him being good in a general sense. A lot of his timings are off and he's incredibly short ranged and dependant on his passive cooldown. Unless they really tweak him, he's a bit too weird for me to spend time learning. The ultimate is definitely one of the most satisfying abilities in the game, but it's wrapped around a really janky character.

Do you have any examples of really good new Urgot players outside of like op.gg, Teikanmi? I'd be curious to see how he plays against most of the toplane cast and what they do to win lanes.

The only changes that really need to happen to make him more fluid are:
- Remove/shorten wind up time on E
- Give E more range

I feel like his biggest issue is that with his almost-as-bad-as-Anivia movespeed he can't actually go in on anyone, and the lengthy delay and incredibly short range of E mean you are never really going to get the chance to. Every Urgot I've seen do well only did well because his team was already doing well and/or because his team had a bunch CC that let him waddle into threatening positions.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Wasn't it a 40% refund or was the backlash rather hefty.

That's for runes not purchased this season.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Boy all random urf isn't very fun

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

I have no idea why 2/3 of my friends list is playing it at any given time

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
All random Urf doesn't feel random when you only see maybe 20 champs.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Got Camille from a champ shard- anyone have any tips for her? I've been starting with corrupting potion and rushing triforce but her wave clear feels so lousy I'm wondering if tiamat first would be better. Seems like there aren't many items outside of those two that really work for her core.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

i kind of like it, at least when people have a bad champion you can blame rng. I do think that some of these game modes like URF and all for one would be better if they were on howling abyss instead of summoners rift.

Also the number of essence reavers and morellonomicons people are building in urf...

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

henkman posted:

i kind of like it, at least when people have a bad champion you can blame rng. I do think that some of these game modes like URF and all for one would be better if they were on howling abyss instead of summoners rift.

Also the number of essence reavers and morellonomicons people are building in urf...

I've had to build morello because of the grievous wounds passive if I'm playing a mage and I assume no one else will pay the Soraka tax.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't know, I just buy an executioners for 2k less gold and just auto them

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

pahuyuth posted:

Got Camille from a champ shard- anyone have any tips for her? I've been starting with corrupting potion and rushing triforce but her wave clear feels so lousy I'm wondering if tiamat first would be better. Seems like there aren't many items outside of those two that really work for her core.

Tiamat into Triforce, always.

Also, she kinda sucks rear end so that's on you.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

henkman posted:

Yeah but at least on the book you get good raw ap

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

henkman posted:

if i'm playing a mage in urf, i don't want to auto. i want to push the buttons forever.

also, yeah, the ap thing doesn't hurt.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Please help, how do I get my retarded adc to stop mindlessly shoving the wave in against TF mid and Rammus jungle and then blaming me for not warding

I'm going insane.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mystery Prize posted:

Please help, how do I get my retarded adc to stop mindlessly shoving the wave in against TF mid and Rammus jungle and then blaming me for not warding

I'm going insane.

Kill your lane opponents before TF hits six

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

Kill your lane opponents before TF hits six

We actually did, then he stayed in lane shoved all the way up to their tower despite my repeated pleas that we back and use our gold while there are no minions to kill.

ELO hell is real, and it's every ELO

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Mystery Prize posted:

We actually did, then he stayed in lane shoved all the way up to their tower despite my repeated pleas that we back and use our gold while there are no minions to kill.

Pushing the Lane to tower after killing your opponents is good and right tho.

Were you warding?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mystery Prize posted:

I'm going insane.

you play adc so you can complain about your idiot support not warding, pushing your wave, and taking bad trades

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mystery Prize posted:

I'm going insane.

you try to tell them to keep the wave behind in a polite way and if that fails you push them to tower and go gently caress up the mid laner with your jungler

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Mystery Prize posted:

Just go base yourself.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

pog boyfriend posted:

Only time flash really annoys me is when it's a winmore tool, like frequently if one team is already snowballing unless they're just full of mindless drones they won't bother using their flash for kills etc so what happens is when the losing team finally does get a good engage the winning team just 5x flashes away to reset the situation. It's really hard to play around flash when you're behind because they have so much easier threat to force yours out while you may only get good picks once a cooldown.

Not to say winning teams shouldn't have the advantage there that's just the time I specifically find it annoying. You're top laner is just getting rolled and then whenever you do catch their fed trynn/fiora/camille/whatever rotating with the vision you risked your life to get even through their ridiculous built in mobility they just flash away and it's basically peak frustration.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
whos trying to play tho

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
let me get some homies to feed with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
add my fat rear end

im feed

im gonna play ezreal and go all in all game and be extremely confused as to why theres fruit in the jungle

• Locked thread