Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
If anyone's looking into protesting upcoming Alt-Right rallies in their area and you want flags that haven't been co-opted by Neo-Nazis, you might want to look at flying Civil War era Union flags. The nation added several states over the course of the conflict and the flag was less defined in those days, so there are many different variations from the period.

The 34-star circular flag is probably the most iconic, both as a symbol specific to the Union Army and something immediately distinct from a contemporary flag, which will probably be flown across from you alongside a Swastika without a hint of self-awareness.

The second most popular seems to be the 33-star flag from Fort Sumter.

These and others are all available cheaply on Amazon.

Don't forget to learn your Union songs while you're at it!

EDIT: Dog Tax

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cingulate posted:

What's the lady in yellow's problem?

Lady in yellow is super uncomfortable that the people arguing on her side are Duke and Spencer while people on Fox News, Romney, Bush(s), etc keep going against her.

Its like "why are so many of the people I usually agree with disagreeing with me and why are the most vocal people agreeing with me racists or sounding like racists?" She's just unable to take the next logical step.

Or she is and just turned on the waterworks when she saw she wasn't making any headway defending Trump. Which is actually what I believe happened.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

There's a little bit more info about this now.

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/897911748992413697

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Liquid Communism posted:

I would also vote for the reanimated corpse of Roosevelt, who has crawled out of the grave in protest.

Which Roosevel-You know what, I don't care, either one probably works.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Xae posted:

It is also really good and covers the Confederate Post war plans which most things gloss over.

The plan to conquer and enslave the whole of the Central and South America with the Caribbean as the Confederate "Marre Nostrum".
Well that's a whole new level of evil I was not aware of.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
^^^^ In the decade before the civil war, the south tried really loving hard to incite a rebellion in cuba and other parts of the caribbean to install a slavery-friendly puppet government, and/or just invade themselves. The writing was on the wall on their relationship with the north and the fight they had to keep slavery expanding west along with the union, so they looked south and southwest.

mcmagic posted:

Anyone running as a D is going to hire D's to run their administration. You vote for anyone with a D next to their name in a general election. Even Fuckerberg.
You also always vote in every election. Don't gently caress the beleaguered downticket in your local area just because the POTUS slot is destined to be a shitshow

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 16, 2017

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

Yeah you would think so, but the largest neo-nazi groups in the world are in Russia. Putin has done to Russia what Trump is doing to the US.

They basically redefined "fascists" as "enemies of Russia".

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

Really? The dude has three more years to ruin and gently caress up everything and he did a really good job in eight months at that

If he isn't removed from office by 2020 then it will mean that Republicans support him enough that he will comfortably win a primary.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Seems to me if you have to put labels on every thing you draw in a cartoon that's supposed to be symbolic, it's kind of a lovely cartoon.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

that sounds like he's in trouble for something and is on desk duty until they sort it out

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Hellblazer187 posted:

What are you even talking about?
Lazarus pit is the device to keep Bernie Al-Ghul alive to achieve his diabolical plot to over throw capitalism while playing a cat and mouse game between him and worlds greatest detective Bruce Trump aka the icon of murder and racism who's still polling higher than the automatons put forth by the Democratic Leadership Council of Shadow Banking.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

hmm. was it because he was a shithead trying to crash it? or was it a move by trump or did he just get sick of all the poo poo.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
turns out the dude who had a stroke was a friend of our very own Zack "Geist Editor" Parsons :smith:

https://twitter.com/sexyfacts4u/status/897888681998077952

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

evilweasel posted:

that sounds like he's in trouble for something and is on desk duty until they sort it out

Yeah, maybe he was leaking to the trump admin or something.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

mcmagic posted:

Anyone running as a D is going to hire D's to run their administration. You vote for anyone with a D next to their name in a general election. Even Fuckerberg.

Sorry, no. I'm not voting for that slime ever. I wouldn't vote trump if he had a D next to his name and I'm not voting zuck either. Ditto for Elon musk or Travis kalanick

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hmm. was it because he was a shithead trying to crash it? or was it a move by trump or did he just get sick of all the poo poo.

it sounds like he did something that would get him fired

mishandled evidence, got drunk and blabbed confidential information, expensed poo poo to the fbi that wasn't supposed to be expensed, what have you, not anything related to the investigation at all but more related to his general employment

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

mcmagic posted:

:hai:

I'm gonna hope and campaign and vote for the best candidate I can in the primary, but when 2020 rolls around, I'm going to vote for whoever the gently caress is on the Democratic ticket. Yes, I've had that conversation, "That's why they know they can nominate whoever whey want," etc., etc. I know this. But gently caress it. Any improvement is worth my vote, even an incremental one.

I mean, I guess if the Democrats somehow nominate The Actual Reanimated Corpse of Hitler But He Swears He's Cool This Time I'll go ahead and sit this one out but speaking realistically, anyone they could nominate is going to be such an improvement over Trump it'll be hard to explain in words.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Forgall posted:

Well that's a whole new level of evil I was not aware of.

This is somewhat equivalent to Hitler's plans for Eastern Europe. Most people whinge that Stalin killed more people than Hitler (which he did and it's bad)... but Hitler's plan was to exterminate 80% of all East Europeans/Russians and enslave the remainder. This would have placed death tolls in the hundred million plus range.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Voyager I posted:

I'm fond of this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ra9cXx1-o

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/897914124885139457

hahaha i love when fox gets a little too honest

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Condiv posted:

:barf:

I'm never voting for fuckerburg

Don't worry, no one else is either.

It's :mitt: version 2.0

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Voyager I posted:

If anyone's looking into protesting upcoming Alt-Right rallies in their area and you want flags that haven't been co-opted by Neo-Nazis, you might want to look at flying Civil War era Union flags. The nation added several states over the course of the conflict and the flag was less defined in those days, so there are many different variations from the period.

The 34-star circular flag is probably the most iconic, both as a symbol specific to the Union Army and something immediately distinct from a contemporary flag, which will probably be flown across from you alongside a Swastika without a hint of self-awareness.

The second most popular seems to be the 33-star flag from Fort Sumter.

These and others are all available cheaply on Amazon.

What's wrong with American flags?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Pretty sure this was everyone's reaction. A Big Stwong Twump moment for the ages. Totally in charge and a big boss man.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pembroke Fuse posted:

This is somewhat equivalent to Hitler's plans for Eastern Europe. Most people whinge that Stalin killed more people than Hitler (which he did and it's bad)... but Hitler's plan was to exterminate 80% of all East Europeans/Russians and enslave the remainder. This would have placed death tolls in the hundred million plus range.

yeah stalin was a criminal of historical proportions, but he actually got decades to put all of his murderous schemes into place, and hitler managed to match him having a lot less time to put them into effect

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

How can you turn down that sweet stipend of Zynga Farm bucks?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

if mark zukerberg manages to get the democratic nomination it will be because the national party forgot to renew its party registration and he managed to put in the papers to take control of it and nominate himself

that's the only situation he manages to get it

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

WampaLord posted:

My only concern with Zuckerberg is some weird crowded field thing where he manages to secure some early states because the competition is split 40 ways. Much like Trump.

I'll vote for him if the other guy is Trump, but, uh...I won't be happy about it at all.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

WampaLord posted:

Yeah I'm not sure why anyone labors under the delusion that Silicon Valley kleptocrats are going to do well in the primary versus people like Booker or Harris.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Voyager I posted:

Brb, removing 16 states from the union. That flag owns waaay too much to not be used.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/status/897915429556895744

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Peter Strzok still actively worked for the FBI, right? Could new FBI Director Chris Wray have forced his move?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Right wing jews prefer Nazis to liberal jews.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/TheAnonJournal/status/897873792084697089

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

It is creepy that in Vice documentary you see the driver before the attack

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Shitshow posted:

Has this been posted yet? Because it is so sweet.

https://twitter.com/Henry_Langston/status/897846695916187652
God what a couple of babies. If I had threats coming at me for attending a protest I'd be scared but I'd also be loving proud for standing up for something I believed it. Where's that come-to-Jesus speech Brienne of Tarth gives to Jaime Lannister when he's whining about his hand being cut off? I need to memorize it.

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/johnnydollar01/status/897853710302425088

lol the racist is crying that people realize she's racist
"We can have this conversation and it's okay if we cry having it." Translation: your tears won't get you out of this poo poo, lady.

I'm gonna (re?)post this link here: DWIL Nation I've been hanging out here for about a year now and it's incredible how much this site on dysfunctional families has prepared me for understanding the current political scene. One of the things dysfunctional people say when they're confronted and have boundaries set up and consequences laid on them is "I feel like I can't say/do anything right." Because they don't want to do what it takes to not be assholes. My gosh, it's like they all ate the same lovely script.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

One legit role for us white people in all this is to act as human shields.
This reminds me of the first time I found out that the Jewish term for non-Jews who protected Jews from the Holocaust is the Righteous Among Nations. Teared me up a little bit, I'll admit.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

Yeah I'm not sure why anyone labors under the delusion that Silicon Valley kleptocrats are going to do well in the primary versus people like Booker or Harris.

If I only know one thing about politics, it's that to be President, you have to have some kind of charisma. Even Trump's stupid hosed up kind counts, but you have to have some sort of giant force of personality to win the election.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I mean, let's be real. Zuckerberg probably isn't running for president and even if he does, he probably won't win the Democratic nomination. His candidacy is already a laughingstock and I can't imagine he's going to somehow transform into a believable candidate between now and 2020 primary season. Maybe he'll run for the House or Senate or something, I'm down for that (I don't live in California so I couldn't vote for or against him either way).

But if he did, he would be an immeasurable improvement over Trump and I would still vote for him. Because the Greens are probably going to wheel out Jill Stein again, and who are the Libertarians going to nominate? Johnson again? McAfee? None of those people have an actual shot at winning a presidential election, because even now, the Democratic Party has a much bigger national profile, much more entrenched support, and just everything required to mount a credible presidential campaign.

Realistically-speaking, is it remotely possible someone could win the Democratic nomination who wouldn't be an improvement over Trump? Because I seriously doubt it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

So 🌎🌎 is the new ((())) huh

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

It is creepy that in Vice documentary you see the driver before the attack

Totally wasn't per-meditated at all, no sir. Just a lone wolf, yep.

WampaLord posted:

If I only know one thing about politics, it's that to be President, you have to have some kind of charisma. Even Trump's stupid hosed up kind counts, but you have to have some sort of giant force of personality to win the election.

Yeah all of the Silicon Valley people are loving terminal nerd instant head into toilet on sight levels of uncharismatic.

We should probably be thankful Steve Jobs hosed off and died before the idea of running for President got into his head though. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

if mark zukerberg manages to get the democratic nomination it will be because the national party forgot to renew its party registration and he managed to put in the papers to take control of it and nominate himself

that's the only situation he manages to get it

Celebrity is a hell of a thing. Not saying he will but that might be the direction we're moving in.

• Locked thread