Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This was it! Thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
O Human Star's flashback/flashforward structure can get a little bit annoying at times but it does allow for some loving phenomenal fakeouts sometimes :allears:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Straight White Shark posted:

O Human Star's flashback/flashforward structure can get a little bit annoying at times but it does allow for some loving phenomenal fakeouts sometimes :allears:

Is it finally out of the past again?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Sadly no, but I think the current scene is worth it if you've set the comic down in the past.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i still like the comic, but i think we've spent more time in flashback then in the 'present' at this point
if this wasn't being published serially, i think an editor would suggest a rethinking of how the story's being structured

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Today in Kiwi Blitz, Steffi gets her neck snapped.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Oh my god this is the best news I've seen all day.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
A webcomic has returned from the void. A dark day.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Anyone know what's up with Madeline Flores? She created Help Us, Great Warrior!, a webcomic that got picked up as a comic book a few years ago. I only ask because the strip's dormant RSS suddenly updated, and it looks like the tumblr account got deleted and squatted by a spammer. Flores' twitter and instagram accounts have been shuttered and possibly squatted, and I can't really find any presence online for her, which is drat near unheard of for young comic creators.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
She's a storyboard artist on Star Vs now (and had previously boarded on the Dreamworks Netflix Home series and Bee and Puppycat). what's odd is that her tumblr and twitter were active back when her first star episode aired back in july so her online presence disappearing must be very recent

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Today in Kiwi Blitz, Steffi gets her neck snapped.

Kiwi Blitz! The webcomic where nobody dies... except for Blitz herself. Whoops!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Hey, I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I've got a lot of downtime at work and they don't mind if I read webcomics, but finding good ones I am actually able to read at work is hard. Anything that's :nws: for even a few pages is probably no good. (Some other stuff is just inexplicably blocked, like Kiwi Blitz.) I also don't really enjoy pure gag-a-day stuff so much, which makes things harder.

Currently, I am following JL8, Poppy O'Possum, A Girl and Her Fed, Wilde Life, How to Be a Werewolf and Gaia (though frankly I'm not entirely sure what's going on in Gaia any more). Do you guys have any recommendations I could try?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Get thee to Gunnerkrigg.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

MikeJF posted:

Get thee to Gunnerkrigg.

Agreed, but with the caveat that if you've never read Gunnerkrigg before be aware that the art gets much better as the series goes on. Those early chapters are... interesting. It is fun to watch an artist develop his talent though! Some of the later stuff has some fantastic art.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Paranatural or Vattu? Their pacing is slow (in the case of the latter, more like glacial), but I got hooked on them while binge-reading at work downtimes too, and they are good for a few hours of entertainment. Both are 100% SFW.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mors Rattus posted:

Currently, I am following JL8, Poppy O'Possum, A Girl and Her Fed, Wilde Life, How to Be a Werewolf and Gaia (though frankly I'm not entirely sure what's going on in Gaia any more). Do you guys have any recommendations I could try?

- It Hurts!!
- Strong Female Protagonist
- Questionable Content

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

- It Hurts!!
- Strong Female Protagonist
- Questionable Content

I actually do read QC - I just didn't bring it up because having to explain 'I like it because it is cute and light and I am not looking for drama more serious than Will Faye Kiss Bubbles Yet'

I've tried SFP but I don't want to read it at work much because it's too heavy in some spots, I teared up a few times reading it and that is not a good work look.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mors Rattus posted:

I've tried SFP but I don't want to read it at work much because it's too heavy in some spots, I teared up a few times reading it and that is not a good work look.

Hahahahahaha

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Cucumber Quest

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Whenever I see Clevin, I tear up a bit and I don't even know why.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Be nice, come on

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Mors Rattus posted:

Hey, I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I've got a lot of downtime at work and they don't mind if I read webcomics, but finding good ones I am actually able to read at work is hard. Anything that's :nws: for even a few pages is probably no good. (Some other stuff is just inexplicably blocked, like Kiwi Blitz.) I also don't really enjoy pure gag-a-day stuff so much, which makes things harder.

People have told me that they enjoy Blasphemous Saga Fantasy and maybe you will too!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Look, I'm a fuckin' cream puff and I still tear up at Snoopy Come Home. I'm not gonna pretend I'm not.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

you can ignore everything else botl says but this one is legit. saying it's sfw might be a bit of a stretch tho

Also, Rice Boy.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mors Rattus posted:

Look, I'm a fuckin' cream puff and I still tear up at Snoopy Come Home. I'm not gonna pretend I'm not.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I did say it wasn't a good work look.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Mors Rattus posted:

I actually do read QC - I just didn't bring it up because having to explain 'I like it because it is cute and light and I am not looking for drama more serious than Will Faye Kiss Bubbles Yet'

He was being sarcastic, Bravest is a noted rear end in a top hat.

Anyway, definitely seconding the recommendations for Paranatural, Vattu (As well as the rest of Evan Dahm's Overside comics, Rice Boy and Order of Tales), Cucumber Quest, and Gunnerkrigg. In addition, here's some good comics that people haven't mentioned yet:

Back
The Last Halloween
Scurry
Kill Six Billion Demons
Mare Internum
String Theory
Lackadaisy
Al Rashad

Even though they're :nws: I also want to put a shoutout to The Meek (Nudity) and Bearmageddon (Ultraviolence), both of which are good and you should take the opportunity to look up in your spare time.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Mors Rattus posted:

Nah, you're just missing some context Mors. SFP goes really downhill after a bit and Lamps is notorious for making a meme out of it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Widdershins is a fun adventure with magic in Victorian England and is scrupulously SFW.

EDIT: Skybox is good too but you need to have a Flash-enabled browser.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pavlov posted:

Nah, you're just missing some context Mors. SFP goes really downhill after a bit and Lamps is notorious for making a meme out of it.

Ah.

Welp.

Thank y'all for the recommendations! They should keep me busy for a while when the documents aren't coming in.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If you're still taking recommendations, here's a few more good ones:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Gunnerkrigg and Cucumber Quest are my first recommendations. I'll also second Mare Internum.

Oh, and if you don't mind a comic that updates slowly. Then I absolutely adore The Property of Hate

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

dmboogie posted:

you can ignore everything else botl says but this one is legit. saying it's sfw might be a bit of a stretch tho

Also, Rice Boy.

It Hurts! is legitimately good but yeah not sure if it's sfw.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Nikeyg1/status/897950986416906241

For your consideration

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's finished now, but Dr. McNinja is way, way better than its monkeycheese premise would lead you to believe.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hell yes!!!

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

It's finished now, but Dr. McNinja is way, way better than its monkeycheese premise would lead you to believe.

I'm gonna second this. The really early comics are a little rough, but that's probably expected for a web comic that ran for like a decade or so, and it starts getting good pretty quickly.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Trip report: have binged Gunnerkrigg and loved it. I had read the early stuff but fell out of doing so for...some reason??? Anyway I love it. Robot needs to like chill out on being a prophet, tho, it is not good for him.

Will be checking out some of the other links now.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I just caught up on Erma after someone posted a page from it that made me decide to check it out earlier. It's a fun little gag webcomic that goes some fun places with its premise of 'Basically imagine if Calvin was the little girl from The Ring movies'. Reminds me kind of PS 238 with a horror theme instead of a superhero theme, I guess is the best way for me to say that? I haven't even looked at PS 238 in ages, so I dunno if that one held up but I feel this is a good little webcomic for what it is.

• Locked thread