Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

According to Army WTF moments, it's just fake news. Just a stand off with the MPs and some idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kaliber posted:

According to Army WTF moments, it's just fake news. Just a stand off with the MPs and some idiot.

Man. If I had a dollar for every time I had to deal with a standoff with some idiot at Fort Stewart.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I get off work early for the fire time in a loooong time and of course I have to go back in to work because my one useless turd of a soldier causing me to do paperwork

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

I get off work early for the fire time in a loooong time and of course I have to go back in to work because my one useless turd of a soldier causing me to do paperwork

I'll spare you the millionth time I've posted the terminal lance comic in response to your posting. I think you understand now.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mike-o posted:

I'll spare you the millionth time I've posted the terminal lance comic in response to your posting. I think you understand now.

He was talking about staying in to get O3 pay for a bit.

He doesn't understand enough.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
lmbo we massively shifted funding to NTC JRTC and other big field exercises.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Mike-o posted:

How is this not his av? I think this is where he is now.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

McNally posted:

How is this not his av? I think this is where he is now.

You know what to do mods. But make it face the other way.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It really needs to be the young face and then the old face. Just like a cross dissolve on 2 images

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
101st had a division run today because it is their birthday.

I slept in.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Just got yet another deep dicking by the green weenie this morning.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

A Bad Poster posted:

Lmao gently caress you if you're still in. I took a final this morning and I'm loving baked right now watching Animaniacs

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

A Bad Poster posted:

One of my friends who got out in 2012 just got a letter saying he owes the army 3k in tuition assistance from 2009. To contest it he should go through his chain of command!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

Lmao gently caress you if you're still in. I took a final this morning and I'm loving baked right now watching Animaniacs

That show is doubly hilarious now, for all the jokes that went over my head as a kid.

Had our first day of class today and start my internship next week doing sonar mapping of historical shipwrecks then building a GIS map using that data. Hopefully using this internship as a springboard to work for the local Army Corps of Engineers branch as a GIS analyst :)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

AEIOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

"Do you know how to conjugate?"

"Heavens, I've never even kissed a girl!"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"Finger Prince"

"I'd rather not."

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I still have nations of the world in my music collection and I'll shamelessly play it til the day I die.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i watched through it with my five year old

it holds up beautifully

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

NTC pack out is done and days are short before we leave and it ends up being my turn to be a FLIPL IO

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
It's like the universe is trying to tell you something.

What's that?

Closer.

Come closer.

...gently caress you.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
youre my bitch Mustang!..................

- THE ARMY

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Man life is funny. Gonna got smoke some pot.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
"I think I'll stay in to get some of that captain pay."

-an idiot

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Gimme summadat CO poo poo

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wasabi the J posted:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
You think having one platoon's worth of problems is bad? Imagine having 4+ platoons' worth of problems, plus you get to catch raw, unfiltered poo poo from squadron! You're looking at an order of magnitude more garbage, and you're probably not picking up a tenfold pay raise.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Also, managing 40 people in the private sector typically pays pretty well.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

By making CPT pay I meant being basically a senior 1LT that has been promoted to CPT but is not going to the career course. We have several recently promoted CPTs that will spend 6-9 months here as CPTs before they ETS, they're not going to a CCC. I've seen all the meetings and bullshit my CO has to put up with, command doesn't seem all that great.

As it is, looks like I'm getting a second platoon rather than becoming an XO somewhere

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You're still retarded

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mustang posted:

By making CPT pay I meant being basically a senior 1LT that has been promoted to CPT but is not going to the career course. We have several recently promoted CPTs that will spend 6-9 months here as CPTs before they ETS, they're not going to a CCC. I've seen all the meetings and bullshit my CO has to put up with, command doesn't seem all that great.

As it is, looks like I'm getting a second platoon rather than becoming an XO somewhere

With all due respect, sir, you should listen to your enlisted when they tell you you're being dumb. This job is poison, and if you had any sense, you'd use that degree and experience to get out and go civilian before we have the world's next big war.

Otherwise I wish you the best in raging against the machine as a career path.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm filled with crippling depression now but I am still happier than I was in the army, so gently caress you if you're still in and hate-gently caress-you if you choose to stay in.

moodyhank31
Aug 29, 2012
Man these BAH-laden checks on terminal leave are incredible. If you are a single soldier OCONUS in a barracks room, SAVE YOUR LEAVE and go somewhere nice on terminal so you get that zip code's BAH. My paychecks have more than doubled this past month and I still have 2 more to go. Plus I start my contractor job in DC next Monday and will be staying in a paid-for hotel room with per diem until I leave for even bigger bags of money in the Middle East.

FYGM.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Just a reminder you can ETS and go to a trade school and get the OJT (on the job training) stipend like ya boy here if you chose to enlist

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Woof Blitzer posted:

Just a reminder you can ETS

gently caress me, I'm still in

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

mlmp08 posted:

gently caress me, I'm still in
gently caress you, buddy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Hey if you're at Fort Campbell you get a pretty great view of the eclipse today!

Don't stare at the sun too long though because if you hurt your eyes you might get an article 15 for dereliction or something.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Who was it that posted about someone getting an article 15 for sunburn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Saw one of those happen. It's A Thing