Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Which part of primordial might gives more value, I just dropped a 27/44 and I'm trying to figure out how to price it compared to the 30/40 ones on poe.trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Jazerus posted:

you should use zombies instead of the flameblast totem is the biggest point i was trying to make. you already have a lot of zombie-related nodes because they are also good ones for srs, so it's the most natural replacement for the flameblast totem, and you are within three points of +2 additional max zombies nodes too. minion life is also a buff to srs damage once you have your beacon of corruption ascendancy, so those won't be wasted points in terms of srs either. if you are building toward a baron then your passive tree is fine and you shouldn't go for death attunement/grave intentions, that was just a hypothetical since you didn't mention the baron as a desired upgrade for you. since you do eventually want a baron, it's worth mentioning that if you don't use zombies you're also wasting part of the baron's mods.

it's up to you, but it's the most straightforward path toward making your character a lot stronger. zombies are very, very good in combination with srs. they are powered up by exactly the same modifiers so your focus is never split.

also i see a distinct lack of cast speed, well, anywhere. it must be taking you a while to rev up to 20 skulls at the moment which hinders how fast you can go and how much time you spend with 20 skulls. that would be another easy fix.

Ah ok. Well I will definitely be putting in Zombie skills in for the totem! I imagine it will help keep mobs and bosses off me too.

Yes....it takes me forever to get 20 stack. I can't get it without flesh offering and even then I have to keep spamming it in order to keep 20 stacks going. This is another issue I have because if each head does 7k dps, that should be 140k dps on a boss. Instead I can hold 3-5 heads on a boss because I am avoiding skills shots since agro is on me. Where can I add cast speed?

J posted:

Lightning damage on spells is fine, you're already using ball lightning to apply EE, so extra lightning damage isn't changing anything. SRS deal physical, fire, and cold, so you want to lower the fire and cold resists via EE by applying lightning. But you don't care about the lightning resist of the target at all.

Kaom's roots are sort of a preference in terms of how safe you want to be. They have a shitload of life and make you immune to stuns/freeze/temporal chains. But personally I find the only times I have difficulty with SRS are situations where I don't have any time to create any distance to get the skulls out, so I'm really not a fan of any boots without movespeed. I've got the soul of the brine king pantheon node fully upgraded and I find that works well enough for combatting stuns, freezes, and chill.

Oh! Maybe Kaom's would be something to look at then if the change to adding zombies doesn't help. I get frozen all the time, hence all the immune freeze flasks. I've been told to get an Alchemist's quicksilver flask of adrenaline and then I won't have to worry about speed at all.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Spell Echo is a quick solution (:v:), but it does mean trading out a damage support.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

damnfan posted:

I think any build works really. I'm SRS necrobot and for low tiers I switch to double ventors, wonder boots and bisco's. Fill in everything else with iir/uniques as desired.

oh I know that, I mean what's the fastest / most magic-find-y one

i've got $ to burn

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fixit posted:

Ah ok. Well I will definitely be putting in Zombie skills in for the totem! I imagine it will help keep mobs and bosses off me too.

Yes....it takes me forever to get 20 stack. I can't get it without flesh offering and even then I have to keep spamming it in order to keep 20 stacks going. This is another issue I have because if each head does 7k dps, that should be 140k dps on a boss. Instead I can hold 3-5 heads on a boss because I am avoiding skills shots since agro is on me. Where can I add cast speed?

you'd want to look for cast speed on your staff and rings. the commander of darkness ascendancy also helps a little, and so will haste. you are also close to a few jewel sockets which could have cast speed jewels put in them if you feel you still need more.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

what's the "run through low level maps with mf gear" build of choice now

is it something with wands

This might not be exactly what you're looking for with the MF gear stacking, but check this guy's videos. He's been running a cospri's build that is basically the 2nd coming of cospri's discharge but the only MF piece he uses is biscos. The build clears low maps insanely fast, probably way faster than a build that really stacked MF gear. The single target damage is pretty bad too.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

I desperately wish this game had a built in auction house.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Jazerus posted:

you'd want to look for cast speed on your staff and rings. the commander of darkness ascendancy also helps a little, and so will haste. you are also close to a few jewel sockets which could have cast speed jewels put in them if you feel you still need more.

Am I looking for being able to cast 20 skulls without flesh offering?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what's the "run through low level maps with mf gear" build of choice now

is it something with wands

zerker rf

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

J posted:

This might not be exactly what you're looking for with the MF gear stacking, but check this guy's videos. He's been running a cospri's build that is basically the 2nd coming of cospri's discharge but the only MF piece he uses is biscos. The build clears low maps insanely fast, probably way faster than a build that really stacked MF gear. The single target damage is pretty bad too.
i don't like cutedog out of principle, but yeah that build seems pretty neat. Not really a fan of requiring a very specific rarely used chestpiece as opposed to shavs or belly though. Discharge also feels real weird.

baram. posted:

zerker rf
that's what I'm thinking but I'm not sure if you can still sustain being alive with mf gear

the real answer might be dark pact
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fixit posted:

Am I looking for being able to cast 20 skulls without flesh offering?

yeah. on my srs necro that's only a few levels higher than yours i can keep up 20 without it, and then flesh offering lets me do that while also moving, using my ball lightning for elemental equilibrium and vulnerability on hit, refreshing zombies if they need it, etc.

i have +89% cast speed without flesh offering but a little less would still be serviceable

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

i don't like cutedog out of principle, but yeah that build seems pretty neat. Not really a fan of requiring a very specific rarely used chestpiece as opposed to shavs or belly though. Discharge also feels real weird.

He just seems like another stream bro to me. What did he say/do?

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Jazerus posted:

yeah. on my srs necro that's only a few levels higher than yours i can keep up 20 without it, and then flesh offering lets me do that while also moving, using my ball lightning for elemental equilibrium and vulnerability on hit, refreshing zombies if they need it, etc.

i have +89% cast speed without flesh offering but a little less would still be serviceable

Could you link your PoE profile so I can have a reference please?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that's what I'm thinking but I'm not sure if you can still sustain being alive with mf gear
for low maps you can use a biscos instead of a marble ammy np

probably gets more iffy if you want to go crazy with the mf

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Quad frostbolt totem hiero can be run with a ton of MF gear. The single target DPS sucks but once you get a Taryn's Shiver it chews through most maps without much in terms of gear requirements.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fixit posted:

Could you link your PoE profile so I can have a reference please?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jazerus/characters

it's a very very different build than yours because i'm experimenting with not using a baron at all, and it's still rough in terms of links/gem arrangement, but hopefully it's still useful.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah it uses that chest in conjunction with that new harbinger helm to run two 6link heralds that do most of the killing. 6link herald of frost kinda sorta behaves the same way as discharge used to in that build, where you just shield charge into poo poo and it all blows up instantly. It doesn't actually use discharge the skill, I only mentioned it because it basically looks and plays exactly like how cospri's discharge builds did.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Jazerus posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jazerus/characters

it's a very very different build than yours because i'm experimenting with not using a baron at all, and it's still rough in terms of links/gem arrangement, but hopefully it's still useful.

The profile is set to private

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fixit posted:

The profile is set to private

sorry, it's fixed now

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Out of the multitude of guides , which non-baron summoner guide would be most suited for HC? Ideally, non SRS one.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

the real answer might be dark pact

I'm actually considering both of these builds once I finish running 100 uber labs. The only requirements are that it has good clearspeed to T13 and that it shatters things, because that's the most satisfying combat sound in PoE. Autoherald sounds nice and relaxing though, but I don't want to buy Vaal Breach to kill bosses.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol i didnt realize vaal breach was so expensive

i would just skip bosses over paying double digit ex to still barely be able do t6 ones

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Awesome! posted:

lol i didnt realize vaal breach was so expensive

i would just skip bosses over paying double digit ex to still barely be able do t6 ones

you can only get vaal breach by vaaling portal gems or getting insanely lucky in vaal side areas

so yeah, vaaling 200 portals does not sound like a fun time to me

e: for some content, i have a path of building sketched out really similar to that dark pact clearspeed build with a few changes

- wear both bisco's collar/leash
- my passive tree slots in 1 inspired learning near the shadow area, getting +1 frenzy +1 power charge, and some more life, in exchange for 2 jewel slots
- i run doedre's elixir with at least -40% chaos res to take savage hits and get charges (saves me from using intuitive leap if i can run another inspired learning)
- in case charge generation is inconsistent, i'm also running herald of thunder - curse on hit - assassin's mark instead of his CWDT setup

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 16, 2017

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I have a quad frostbolt totem and it clears maps like nobody's business but my god the boss killspeed is so slow I'm considering just not doing bosses.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

You could probably carry a weapon or armor swap to make it slightly better.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

vOv posted:

I have a quad frostbolt totem and it clears maps like nobody's business but my god the boss killspeed is so slow I'm considering just not doing bosses.

Same issue I'm having with cast on channel frostbolt.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

vOv posted:

That's exactly where I'm at. Not sure there's a remedy.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
I just got to Act 2 in the Forest. I'm at the Forest town, but my ArmorMaster guy I got from Act1 didn't show up in town. How do you get masters to show up in new towns?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they stay in their original towns. you get a couple new ones in this new town

invite them to your hideout (which you will get soon enough) if you want to have easy access to them

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Dennis McClaren posted:

I just got to Act 2 in the Forest. I'm at the Forest town, but my ArmorMaster guy I got from Act1 didn't show up in town. How do you get masters to show up in new towns?

Even though he isn't in town, he can still show up randomly in the levels.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Jazerus posted:

maybe i'm just missing something that the super-pros do but melee splash has never worked out as a gem for me on srs. you have so many skulls that making them each better at single target ends up with roughly similar clear speed without the lowered damage on bosses.

The trick is, you scale each individual skull enough that a single one is capable of eating an entire pack of white mobs. So you don't need to charge up a ton of skulls, just run in, release one skull, and move on.

The skull limit is low enough, and with all the relevant buffs cast speed is high enough, that you stop building your character around getting up to the skull limit asap, and instead build around buffing the power and utility of any individual skull.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sorry for the hideous res but:

i dont know how to price this cause of the real poop base, but fantastic rolls(other than armor)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

sorry for the hideous res but:

i dont know how to price this cause of the real poop base, but fantastic rolls(other than armor)

The armors a good roll because its hybrid life/armor.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

vOv posted:

:same:

I have a spectral throw build that crushes maps and a cwc whispering ice build that crushes bosses, but they both suck rear end at the equivalent thing they're really, really good at

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is your spectral throw build bad at single target even if you swap gmp for slow proj

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
3.0.1 coming out tomorrow. New supporter packs, buffs to Harbingers, tweaks to Beachhead.

Flying Spaghetti
Dec 1, 2002

Existence is overrated
Can I get a guild invite? FlyingSpaghettiRun

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So I accidentally sold my quicksilver flasks. I was trying to see if I could combine them to make a bigger one. I moved away from the transaction and it sold them. Is there any way I can buy another?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think you can get 2 from quests now

if you are in the guild there are probably some in the stash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
ask in guild im sure you'd no issues getting another