Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'd be genuinely surprised if Ted Normal Human Being Cruz doesn't too, but Kasich has been positioning himself for 2020 since 2015.

i expect a cruz type to be more electorally successful than a kasich type, but a primary from the latter seems more likely than the former

i think the only primary challenge that would give trump difficulty would be some kind of bizarro fusion ticket similar to what cruz tried to do with fiorina, but i don't think that is liable to happen for nine or ten different reasons

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This was tangentially brought up earlier but how do Juggalos feel vis a vis racism?

Juggalos are [strangely decent] people, alt-righters aren't.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002

Prester Jane posted:

Well he clearly has a headcannon for how the resistance should be conducted and is furious that reality is not conforming to that. He is then channeling that anger into attacking those around him and trying to drive off anyone he deems insufficently pure....

That said a Compaction cycle requires the cooperation of more more than one person, so technically all he is really doing is pissing in the wind.
It's a weird look in the moment. The only person. I've seen around here today that should get driven out was that pissy just asking himself some jewish questions guy from this morning, and he stood out.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This was tangentially brought up earlier but how do Juggalos feel vis a vis racism?

racism is strongly frowned upon in the juggalo community and a number of ICP songs are anti racist

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

hanales posted:

wtf why is he like, 2 miles from my house, and where can I go and punch him?
Geraldo moved to Ohio this summer!

http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/index.ssf/2017/04/geraldo_rivera_moving_to_cleveland_this_summer.html

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

surprised there's no moral imperative to impeach him...

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I wonder if it will grow louder and louder the longer he stays silent, or if we'll be on to something else by Monday.

Oh who am I kidding? I know the answer. :smith:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

InfiniteZero posted:

Wasn't that somebody named Matthew Heimbach? He wasn't the guy who ran her over.

Google lied to me! LIED!

My bad, I'll edit the old post.

That guy is still scum though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

boner confessor posted:

racism is strongly frowned upon in the juggalo community and a number of ICP songs are anti racist

A horde of Juggalos smothering nazis to death would own

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/897933326069096448

re: kasich not actually polling all that well right now

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

slate published an article with interviews from charlottesville residents about antifa!

quote:

On Tuesday, after a weekend that included a white supremacist mowing down and killing a peaceful counter-protester in Charlottesville and Nazis marching on the University of Virginia with torches, the president of the United States stood in front of the American people and said, “What about the ‘alt-left’ that came charging at, as you say, the ‘alt-right’? Let me ask you this: What about the fact they came charging—that they came charging with clubs in their hands, swinging clubs? Do they have any problem? I think they do.”

There were, as it turns out, a great number of Charlottesville locals present to witness the violence and lawlessness on display in this town—my town—last weekend. I asked local witnesses, many in the faith community, every one of whom was on the streets of Charlottesville on Saturday, whether there was a violent, club-wielding mob threatening the good people on team Nazi. Here’s what I heard back:

Brandy Daniels
Postdoctoral fellow at the Luce Project on Religion and Its Publics at UVA

It was basically impossible to miss the antifa for the group of us who were on the steps of Emancipation Park in an effort to block the Nazis and alt-righters from entering. Soon after we got to the steps and linked arms, a group of white supremacists—I’m guessing somewhere between 20-45 of them—came up with their shields and batons and bats and shoved through us. We tried not to break the line, but they got through some of us—it was terrifying, to say the least—shoving forcefully with their shields and knocking a few folks over. We strengthened our resolve and committed to not break the line again. Some of the anarchists and anti-fascist folks came up to us and asked why we let them through and asked what they could do to help. Rev. Osagyefo Sekou talked with them for a bit, explaining what we were doing and our stance and asking them to not provoke the Nazis. They agreed quickly and stood right in front of us, offering their help and protection.

Less than 10 minutes later, a much larger group of the Nazi alt-righters come barreling up. My memory is again murky on the details. (I was frankly focused on not bolting from the scene and/or not soiling myself—I know hyperbole is common in recounting stories like these, but I was legitimately very worried for my well-being and safety, so I was trying to remember the training I had acquired as well as, for resolve, to remember why I was standing there.) But it had to have been at least 100 of them this go around. I recall feeling like I was going to pass out and was thankful that I was locked arms with folks so that I wouldn’t fall to the ground before getting beaten. I knew that the five anarchists and antifa in front of us and the 20 or so of us were no match for the 100-plus of them, but at this point I wasn’t letting go.

At that point, more of the anarchists and antifa milling nearby saw the huge mob of the Nazis approach and stepped in. They were about 200-300 feet away from us and stepped between us (the clergy and faith leaders) and the Nazis. This enraged the Nazis, who indeed quickly responded violently. At this point, Sekou made a call that it was unsafe—it had gotten very violent very fast—and told us to disperse quickly.

While one obviously can’t objectively say what a kind of alternate reality or “sliding doors”–type situation would have been, one can hypothesize or theorize. Based on what was happening all around, the looks on their faces, the sheer number of them, and the weapons they were wielding, my hypothesis or theory is that had the antifa not stepped in, those of us standing on the steps would definitely have been injured, very likely gravely so. On Democracy Now, Cornel West, who was also in the line with us, said that he felt that the antifa saved his life. I didn’t roll my eyes at that statement or see it as an exaggeration—I saw it as a very reasonable hypothesis based on the facts we had.

Rabbi Rachel Schmelkin
Congregation Beth Israel

There was a group of antifa defending First United Methodist Church right outside in their parking lot, and at one point the white supremacists came by and antifa chased them off with sticks.

Rebekah Menning
Charlottesville resident

I stood with a group of interfaith clergy and other people of faith in a nonviolent direct action meant to keep the white nationalists from entering the park to their hate rally. We had far fewer people holding the line than we had hoped for, and frankly, it wasn’t enough. No police officers in sight (that I could see from where I stood), and we were prepared to be beaten to a bloody pulp to show that while the state permitted white nationalists to rally in hate, in the many names of God, we did not. But we didn’t have to because the anarchists and anti-fascists got to them before they could get to us. I’ve never felt more grateful and more ashamed at the same time. The antifa were like angels to me in that moment.

Mary Esselman
Writer

My 13-year-old son and I stood by ourselves on the corner down the street from the synagogue, in front of the Catholic Church, trying to walk back home but interrupted by a stream of white extremist marchers, with their signs and firearms and crazy regalia. I felt like an idiot but tried to look each in the eye and said, “Peace,” and “Peace be with you,” with as much sincerity as I had in me, trying to reach some humanity in them, and they jeered and mocked me, called me what you might imagine, told my son, Luke, that his mom was a this and a that. And now I learn that my son and labradoodle and I, and our little “peace be with you”s are apparently “alt-left.”

Our path home was blocked by them, and we had no choice but to face them. Just us alone on that street corner, and all of them menacing, streaming past us on their way to the rally. Later, when we were a block away from where everyone was clashing and considering going to the front steps of the public library, there was a big line of white supremacists, the leader wearing some kind of yellow spiked helmet, and as they tromped toward the rally, these lovely older women standing beside us wearing sky blue T-shirts that said “Quaker” kind of trotted alongside them gently, holding signs that said “Love.” Alt-left for sure. I was armed with my iPhone and my dog’s leash. Luke was armed with his acne and hormones.

Rev. Seth Wispelwey
Directing minister of Restoration Village Arts and consulting organizer for Congregate C'ville

I am a pastor in Charlottesville, and antifa saved my life twice on Saturday. Indeed, they saved many lives from psychological and physical violence—I believe the body count could have been much worse, as hard as that is to believe. Thankfully, we had robust community defense standing up to white supremacist violence this past weekend. Incredibly brave students held space at the University of Virginia and stared down a torch-lit mob that vastly outnumbered them on Friday night. On Saturday, battalions of anti-fascist protesters came together on my city’s streets to thwart the tide of men carrying weapons, shields, and Trump flags and sporting MAGA hats and Hitler salutes and waving Nazi flags and the pro-slavery “stars and bars.”

Out of my faith calling, I feel led to pursue disciplined, nonviolent direct action and witness. I helped lead a group of clergy who were trained and committed to the same work: to hold space on the frontline of the park where the rally was to be held. And then some of us tried to take the steps to one of the entrances. God is not OK with white supremacy, and God is on the side of all those it tries to dehumanize. We feel a responsibility to visibly, bodily show our solidarity with the oppressed and marginalized.

A phalanx of neo-Nazis shoved right through our human wall with 3-foot-wide wooden shields, screaming and spitting homophobic slurs and obscenities at us. It was then that antifa stepped in to thwart them. They have their tools to achieve their purposes, and they are not ones I will personally use, but let me stress that our purposes were the same: block this violent tide and do not let it take the pedestal.

The white supremacists did not blink at violently plowing right through clergy, all of us dressed in full clerical garb. White supremacy is violence. I didn’t see any racial justice protesters with weapons; as for antifa, anything they brought I would only categorize as community defense tools and nothing more. Pretty much everyone I talk to agrees—including most clergy. My strong stance is that the weapon is and was white supremacy, and the white supremacists intentionally brought weapons to instigate violence.

:angel: god bless you antifa :angel:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

ICP lyrics apparently have a lot of anti-confederate and anti-racism content.

I have to say: Juggalos get a lot of crap online, and most of it is probably for pretty good reason. But like someone else said: they're more decent on this issue than the president, and that's just...pathetic.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Prester Jane posted:

Well he clearly has a headcannon for how the resistance should be conducted and is furious that reality is not conforming to that. He is then channeling that anger into attacking those around him and trying to drive off anyone he deems insufficently pure....

That said a Compaction cycle requires the cooperation of more more than one person, so technically all he is really doing is pissing in the wind.
The amount of wrong you've managed to compress into this one post has me reconsidering my opinion of your other stuff, which at first blush seems good. Perhaps you've just got a talent for taking superficially interesting ideas, dressing them up in profound-sounding language, and then relating them to your life experiences. I'll have to think about that.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

evilweasel posted:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

moostaffa posted:

e: This is the terrorist with Vanguard America

Wth we aren't fascists! It's the LEFT who are the fascists! *waves around shield with fasces on it*

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

ICP lyrics apparently have a lot of anti-confederate and anti-racism content.

I have to say: Juggalos get a lot of crap online, and most of it is probably for pretty good reason. But like someone else said: they're more decent on this issue than the president, and that's just...pathetic.

Juggalo philosophy:

Racism-- bad

Nazis-- bad

Magnets-- baffling

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4_0CCaDI-A

Holy cow, Chris Cantwell made a crying youtube video about finding out he has a warrant for his arrest.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The pasty suburbanites of the facists and the rough and tumble street kids of the juggalos are going to meet, and it will be beautiful.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

evilweasel posted:

that would make one hell of a debate

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cracker King posted:

Holy cow, Chris Cantwell made a crying youtube video about finding out he has a warrant for his arrest.

"I don't know what to do!"

Well, maybe start with 'don't be a loving Nazi," shitdick.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Pretty anti-racist actually. Juggalos are all about inclusion and are very loving uninterested in an ideology that puts a certain group in charge of everything.

Also, oddly enough Juggalos are not really vulnerable to the media tactics that Nazi's rely on to recruit because their own ideology is so straitforwards (there are good people and bad people, don;t be a bad person is basically about as deep as it goes) that the logic contortions Nazis rely on to make their arguments do nothing but piss the average Juggalo off.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Kilroy posted:

The amount of wrong you've managed to compress into this one post has me reconsidering my opinion of your other stuff, which at first blush seems good. Perhaps you've just got a talent for taking superficially interesting ideas, dressing them up in profound-sounding language, and then relating them to your life experiences. I'll have to think about that.

faaaaaaaaaaart

Juggalos may be socially weird, but if someone wants to be down with the clown, I won't judge them for it. They're far better people than most evangelicals or Kid Rock fans.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa39v3WAAbY

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The pasty suburbanites of the facists and the rough and tumble street kids of the juggalos are going to meet, and it will be beautiful.

Juggalos are monumentally stupid, but if they wanna go after some actual human monsters, hey - Have fun guys! :shrug:

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Now you've got me crying again.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
hey stop the headcannon purity tests you jerk :mad:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Juggalos may be socially weird, but if someone wants to be down with the clown, I won't judge them for it. They're far better people than most evangelicals or Kid Rock fans.

i'd bet money that the average white juggalo has more meaningful interpersonal interaction with persons of color day-to-day than the average person who would post mean things about juggalos online

not that juggalos aren't clownish for sure but this is definitely one of those situations where sheltered middle class internet addicts will project all of their own insecurities on the poor

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

People don't want losers. Running Romney again will not work.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. My enemy is the nazis, my friends everyone else.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

DLC Inc posted:

A horde of Juggalos smothering nazis to death would own

I really want to see this happen.

A beautiful, inspiring movement where everyone unites in their hatred of racist nazis and their sympathizers.

It'll never happen though. :smith:

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

bird cooch posted:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. My enemy is the nazis, my friends everyone else.

I'm generally against violence, but hitting nazis is self-defense because they threw the first punch by being nazis

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Cracker King posted:

I seriously don't know what the point of him posting this is. He looks incredibly weak and for some reason posts his phone # online??

I read a bit on him and apparently he's an alcoholic and seems to have borderline personality disorder, so maybe this is an extension of that

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They have at least two Anti-Confederate flag songs and every other line is about brutally murdering racists.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Get the double-Mormon ticket of Huntsman/McMullin to primary Trump.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Ague Proof posted:

They have at least two Anti-Confederate flag songs and every other line is about brutally murdering racists.

They may be stupid, but at least they realize: You can't dress up like an evil clown and rap about faygo all day - and then tell someone else "you don't fit in here." Respect, I'll admit it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Thanks for posting this.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The turtle crawled over to Trump and snapped at him

quote:

"There are no good neo-Nazis, and those who espouse their views are not supporters of American ideals and freedoms. We all have a responsibility to stand against hate and violence, wherever it raises its evil head"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

boner confessor posted:

i'd bet money that the average white juggalo has more meaningful interpersonal interaction with persons of color day-to-day than the average person who would post mean things about juggalos online

not that juggalos aren't clownish for sure but this is definitely one of those situations where sheltered middle class internet addicts will project all of their own insecurities on the poor

Yeah, I have a certain amount of fondness for them.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

I almost wonder if this is at least partly a reaction to getting caught on video with Cantrell browsing their site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

WampaLord posted:

People don't want losers. Running Romney again will not work.

Well they sure like Nazis and the CSA.

• Locked thread