Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Stop trying to slapfight with a mod, please. I think many of us have enjoyed the lighter content of the last few pages.

https://twitter.com/PrettyInPinkT/status/894216584746721280

china bot has a new favorite as of 22:28 on Aug 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

HappyKitty posted:

It's from here, and it's FANTASTIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRxjJZFGgNM

(A town hall is... like social media, right?)

Amazing. I love the people in the back who are trying not to laugh at first and gradually just lose it. My favorite part, though, is that students need single gender dorms to keep from "going gay." Umm... :gay:

Jurgan has a new favorite as of 07:13 on Aug 17, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Jurgan posted:

Amazing. I love the people in the back who are trying not to laugh at first and gradually just lose it. My favorite part, though, is that student's need single gender dorms to keep from "going gay." Umm... :gay:

I need to be surrounded by other men or I will go gay. So surrounded. Only surrounded by men is how I should be. Just manly all man, man shaped mans.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Why do you think priests end all their prayers with "Ah, men!"? :cheeky:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

I need to be surrounded by other men or I will go gay. So surrounded. Only surrounded by men is how I should be. Just manly all man, man shaped mans.

very buff men please. i require strong men with hairy chests. sports men, wood men, car men, factory men, men who are good at dancing..... please, lest i become a homo like judas.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Jurgan posted:

Amazing. I love the people in the back who are trying not to laugh at first and gradually just lose it. My favorite part, though, is that student's need single gender dorms to keep from "going gay." Umm... :gay:

If you never see women, you obsess over them and become super-straight, right?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

from the comments under a sonic lets play

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/897082274612740097

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Stop trying to slapfight with a mod, please. I think many of us have enjoyed the lighter content of the last few pages.

i get what you guys are trying to do, but ive definitely noticed mods intervening, sixer warnings and arbitrary rules in pyf has really picked up recently.
it's kind of jarring since the mods were previously pretty hands off in the past and we'd gotten good at re-railling threads by ourselves

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waterbed Wendy posted:

very buff men please. i require strong men with hairy chests. sports men, wood men, car men, factory men, men who are good at dancing..... please, lest i become a homo like judas.

you rang?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Somehow I knew this was about/by Scott Adams from the first sentence.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Slugnoid posted:

i get what you guys are trying to do, but ive definitely noticed mods intervening, sixer warnings and arbitrary rules in pyf has really picked up recently.
it's kind of jarring since the mods were previously pretty hands off in the past and we'd gotten good at re-railling threads by ourselves

You guys are really good at rerailing, actually, and it's one of the qualities I love about this subforum. The increase in modding (from me, at least, I can't speak for Emmy) is because recent months have had a slow but steady ramp-up of posts that haven't been in line with the culture blunt and I have tried to create over the last few years.

At risk of getting sixed, ( :ohdear: ), I think much of it has to do with the sharp, unpleasant turn of American politics.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Staryberry posted:

If you salt the earth. Weeds can't grow there! :downs:

I actually use and make stuff like that not because it's "chemical free' but because its cheap as gently caress to make, goes a long way, and works pretty well.

Well, that's my story.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

FLATEARTHCHILE more like SONY PLAYSTATION

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

But... there are?

:confused:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

RoboRodent posted:

But... there are?

:confused:

They mean, I think, "why aren't the circles centered over the south pole", having never encountered the idea of axial tilt.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hahahaha smacking your toddler in the mouth hahahaha sure showed them hahahaha

All the rest of the comments talk about how much they love it.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
please don't mansplain to that jpg

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Scott Adams: A man so stupid he thinks intelligence works like DBZ power levels.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Well if it gets the DE chucklefucks to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C46kW_1rIO4&t=210s

Then nobody disabuse him of that notion.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Scott Adams is exactly the type of motherfucker that would send Mensa money to give him his very own Special Boy certificate.

Also the Dilbert newsletter used to call its subscribers a New Ruling Class and write elaborate fantasies about enslaving people for amusement.

God I hate the fact that I ever liked Dilbert.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

certified genius starts sentence with "but"

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

HAT FETISH posted:

certified genius starts sentence with "but"

and and

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
It's actually okay to start a sentence with "and" or "but", but it isn't okay to be Scott Adams.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Make more youtubes and shut up Rasheed,

Sincerely,
KinkyMonkey

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This old chestnut.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Instead of calling in sick, a guy I work with called in drunk. He had been out celebrating his birthday the night before, and was still wasted the next morning. Made perfect sense to me, since he'd have been completely ineffective, anyway (he's an IT manager). The boss agreed, and told him to just stay home. He's still working with us 15 years later.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
So I was watching Penn and Teller stuff on youtube.

Oh look, a trick explanation! I like that stuff.

:stare:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This old chestnut.

Didn't the guy who wrote the book on pack mentality later write another book after he realized his findings were outdated and inaccurate due to his research only covering animals in captivity? I haven't watched Adam ruins everything's wolf video, does he bring that up?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

hanales posted:

So I was watching Penn and Teller stuff on youtube.

Oh look, a trick explanation! I like that stuff.

:stare:

Did Nazi it coming!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Didn't the guy who wrote the book on pack mentality later write another book after he realized his findings were outdated and inaccurate due to his research only covering animals in captivity? I haven't watched Adam ruins everything's wolf video, does he bring that up?

Yeah, that's what that poster and a bunch of others later in that thread refer to, but honestly that's the real choice comedy right there, imo.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yeah, Adam covered how the guy who came up with the original idea later came back and said "sorry, I was wrong, ignore what I said before" but no one did because his wrong idea had already taken on a life of its own. The main focus of the segment was on how, even if that had been true of wolves, it still wouldn't translate to humans because humans are not wolves.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tiggum posted:

humans are not wolves.

[citation needed]
:goonsay:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

[citation needed]
:goonsay:

[img dude who hates the moon]

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
That reminds me, can we get a drat update on Titanic Guy?

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Grem posted:

That reminds me, can we get a drat update on Titanic Guy?

And did Firefighter Guy ever end up living his dream? :allears:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This old chestnut.

Okay, much as I like Adam Ruins Everything, he doesn't "prove" things on his show and would never claim to. He just gives a platform to experts who have proven things.

Also, at risk of getting political, let's suppose this thing were true. Remember how much poo poo Obama got for "leading from behind?" I guess it's possible this person isn't a right-winger, but I wouldn't bet on it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My mom is whining on a Facebook photo album I posted about how I didn't invite her to come along on a date my husband and I went on together, our first time doing something together without anyone tagging along since Christmas. Sorry that he's the most important person in my life and has been since we first got together 18 and a half years ago.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

This is my cousin, not the lovely one. Aw, they're cute, I wonder where the mom-

:kingsley: The mom isn't producing milk, I am sure because I know literally nothing about cats, so I grabbed them with no plan or food or anything and just hope someone else will take them quick, I guess, because the alternative was they'd die!

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Picnic Princess posted:

My mom is whining on a Facebook photo album I posted about how I didn't invite her to come along on a date my husband and I went on together, our first time doing something together without anyone tagging along since Christmas. Sorry that he's the most important person in my life and has been since we first got together 18 and a half years ago.

Your mom needs a hobby. Sign her up for bocce ball or something.