Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

tacodaemon posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/897938050193383426

“Exclusive new brands like Cat & Jack in kids clothing, Pillowfort in homewares, and Cloud Island in baby have all performed well,” Neil Saunders, managing director at GlobalData, said in a note to investors. “Not only are these brands credible and compelling, but they are also helping to differentiate Target from rivals.”

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/RexHuppke/status/452612486894604288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Addamere posted:

perhaps even more concerning is the number of people who in their own minds conflate nazi with redcap to the point that they feel the need to jump unbidden into a discussion about unambiguously self-identified nazis (e.g., those waving flags and chanting 'blood and soil' in cville) and bring up the pearl clutching spectre of OH BUT WAIT GUYS WHY WOULD YOU ASSUME TRUMP = NAZI IF YOU ADVOCATE VIOLENCE YOU ARE JUST GOING TO HURT A BUNCH OF GOOD PEOPLE WHO MIGHT NOT BE NAZIS TECHNICALLY

really loving hard to do when the entire presidency is based on white supremacist racial hatred that the president himself endorses and almost certainly believes in

I agree that "nazi" is an imprecise, even incorrect word to use, but it is such a convenient shorthand

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
so is it true if you set one foot in ohio youll be stuck there forever? much like how light can never escapoe a black hole?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Addamere posted:

'tastes good with ketchup' :confused:

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007

Duscat posted:

gonna start noting the haircuts on my servers and factoring that in when determining tips

14.88% is maybe too generous?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agrajag posted:

so is it true if you set one foot in ohio youll be stuck there forever? much like how light can never escapoe a black hole?

the only way to leave ohio is to become an astronaut

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AP/status/897950863624462336

c'mon donnie they need a taste of american freedom

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Addamere posted:

seriously its not only letting them off scott free for their complicity but also patronizing and sexist to assume the blonde fox ladies are naive, unwitting accomplices rather than active participants in what they do

let us dispel with the notion that blonde fox lady doesn't know what she's doing, blonde fox lady knows exactly what she's doing

similarly dispel the notion that the way agarafahjajang decided to post that moderated & more nuanced opinion is something to be celebrated or emulated

it was a gross post *solemnly lowers and/or raises display brightness*

e: i'm saying what you said was w/ ~~~more decorum~~~ but also more nuanced but sentence structure is hard

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

the sound of him breathing under the mask is creepy

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jBrereton posted:

the Durham one at least was built in 1924 not the sixties though??

I hadn't really looked into it but, that monument was also a generic monument to confederate soldiers; not depicting some grandiose alleged hero of the war. It was erected 60 years after the war. It's still problematic since it's a memorial to people who fought in support of a bad cause.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Duscat posted:

nazis ARE a minority

Not in Ohio

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Duscat posted:

really loving hard to do when the entire presidency is based on white supremacist racial hatred that the president himself endorses and almost certainly believes in

I agree that "nazi" is an imprecise, even incorrect word to use, but it is such a convenient shorthand

how fukken stupid u gotta be to say "nazi" is an inaccurate word to describe shitfukks flying the nazi goddamned flag

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flashbacks to ally mcbeal dancing baby

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Agrajag posted:

i've left ohio at least half a dozen times so perhaps i have not crossed the event horizon

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/afainatl/status/897946904444547076

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

i think someone in tech has a conscience, what the gently caress

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

radical meme posted:

I hadn't really looked into it but, that monument was also a generic monument to confederate soldiers; not depicting some grandiose alleged hero of the war. It was erected 60 years after the war. It's still problematic since it's a memorial to people who fought in support of a bad cause.

its problematic because it was built at the height of kkk resurgence as a gently caress you to anybody who had anything to say about that

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Duscat posted:

uhhhh

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

thinking about the china trade issue now

I really can't believe TPP almost passed, what a loving disaster that would have been

china's entire modus operandi is to welcome as much american trade as possible, use american money and engineering to grow their own businesses, then start ripping us off and bootlegging everything to choke out the american market and profit as hard as possible. most chinese companies have zero semblance of business ethics

imagine how bad it got in america re post-civil-war capitalistic exploitation, then multiply that by about five and you have china. it's really not a good thing for the rest of the world if they become the sole economic hegemon in a few decades

edit: I am completely wrong about TPP

SKULL.GIF has issued a correction as of 23:44 on Aug 16, 2017

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

until congress attempts to Censure him and he loses his poo poo again.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

radical meme posted:

again, most were set up in the 1920's-1930's during Jim Crow and the second Klan

important US history happened between the Civil War and WW2 guys

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

how fukken stupid u gotta be to say "nazi" is an inaccurate word to describe shitfukks flying the nazi goddamned flag

the kind of person who internally recognizes that nazi and redcap are effectively interchangeable but also absolutely must publicly clutch pearls about that fact and jump on anyone's case who denounces nazis

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at this point my ck2 plan is to boot up stellaris instead, a much simpler and more easily understood paradox title

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

me reading the news

https://twitter.com/cursedimages_2/status/817574376656764928

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

SKULL.GIF posted:

thinking about the china trade issue now

I really can't believe TPP almost passed, what a loving disaster that would have been

china's entire modus operandi is to welcome as much american trade as possible, use american money and engineering to grow their own businesses, then start ripping us off and bootlegging everything to choke out the american market and profit as hard as possible. most chinese companies have zero semblance of business ethics

imagine how bad it got in america re post-civil-war capitalistic exploitation, then multiply that by about five and you have china. it's really not a good thing for the rest of the world if they become the sole economic hegemon in a few decades

errrr TPP excluded China and the whole point of it was to create a trade zone that forces China to conform to US set standards on IP

like there's plenty of legit complaints about TPP but China isn't one of them

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
no word yet on if meundies and blue apron are going to drop sponsorship of alt-right podcasts

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Duscat posted:

if only we'd had some sort of mechanism in place that would prevent a completely incompetent person of terrible character and suspicious foreign connections from becoming president
Don't worry the Norm MacDonald SNL bits about the 1996 campaign finance stuff are still on YouTube.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
no nazi no nazi

you're the nazi

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

they're right about having a conversation even though it's uncomfortable so if it triggers you, sorry republicans but not sorry, it's time to address that this is not okay and that there needs to be some considerable changes towards that animosity we're seeing here because if our president, excuse me, our furher has not been able to want to quell this surge we're seeing here, because he's a sad dopey sack who couldn't sell his act again since he's a low energy fat gently caress, we may have a domestic terror issue here with more strong willed authoritarians standing up without police intervention to de-escalate the situation. Charlotteville is one of those police failures honestly, and it needs to be addressed by not militarizing the police thank you very much fascist. We also need better legislature and more expedient government action and since you are not doing that duty, perhaps other americans can do what you have failed to do?

take yer drive thru mic and shove it up yer arse

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Typo posted:

errrr TPP excluded China and the whole point of it was to create a trade zone that forces China to conform to US set standards on IP

like there's plenty of legit complaints about TPP but China isn't one of them

oops

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/897950863624462336

c'mon donnie they need a taste of american freedom

trump is gonna strap a helmet on lil Marco and air drop him as a one-man-army into vz

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

is he hitting on the nurse while asking for directions

or has he forgotten where he misplaced his child

or both??

maybe the nurse IS the child and the left is the REAL fascist *blows bubbles from a corn cob pipe*

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

tbf theres nothing wrong w/kicking nazis off the internet

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Addamere posted:

at this point my ck2 plan is to boot up stellaris instead, a much simpler and more easily understood paradox title

just lmao if half of your fun from a paradox game isnt struggling to raise and control your idiot heirs.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Niiiice

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

im so fukken hungry i wish i could think about food without getting nauseated

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

they're right about having a conversation even though it's uncomfortable so if it triggers you, sorry republicans but not sorry, it's time to address that this is not okay and that there needs to be some considerable changes towards that animosity we're seeing here because if our president, excuse me, our furher has not been able to want to quell this surge we're seeing here, because he's a sad dopey sack who couldn't sell his act again since he's a low energy fat gently caress, we may have a domestic terror issue here with more strong willed authoritarians standing up without police intervention to de-escalate the situation. Charlotteville is one of those police failures honestly, and it needs to be addressed by not militarizing the police thank you very much fascist.

take yer drive thru mic and shove it up yer arse

but what if i want a strong trump daddy and ALSO dont want to be a nazi??????????

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

shiksa posted:

i think someone in tech has a conscience, what the gently caress

fuckin weird a hell

• Locked thread