Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

well at least Chinese history is more interesting than 250 years of racism

no poo poo huh?

almost as if we would have more time to develop a good culture with all that knowledge from previous culture to do good, its the information loving age, how are you going to forget confederate history if you can just wiki their names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
lmao martin shrekli jury selection

https://harpers.org/archive/2017/09/public-enemy/

quote:

the court: The purpose of jury selection is to ensure fairness and impartiality in this case. If you think that you could not be fair and impartial, it is your duty to tell me. All right. Juror Number 1.

juror no. 1: I’m aware of the defendant and I hate him.

benjamin brafman: I’m sorry.

juror no. 1: I think he’s a greedy little man.

the court: Jurors are obligated to decide the case based only on the evidence. Do you agree?

juror no. 1: I don’t know if I could. I wouldn’t want me on this jury.

the court: Juror Number 1 is excused.

quote:

the court: Juror Number 52, how are you?

juror no. 52: When I walked in here today I looked at him, and in my head, that’s a snake — not knowing who he was. I just walked in and looked right at him and that’s a snake.

brafman: So much for the presumption of innocence.

the court: We will excuse Juror Number 52.

quote:

juror no. 59: Your Honor, totally he is guilty and in no way can I let him slide out of anything because —

the court: Okay. Is that your attitude toward anyone charged with a crime who has not been proven guilty?

juror no. 59: It’s my attitude toward his entire demeanor, what he has done to people.

the court: All right. We are going to excuse you, sir.

juror no. 59: And he disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

someone post the
N
E
O
L
I
B
E
R
A
L
I
S
M

tweet

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Jazerus posted:

geraldo...good??

If we can just sit back and let these people reason out "well, maybe we should seriously reappraise our worship and/or celebration of idols, since their values are very much different from our modern ones!" maybe things will get better?

It won't, but it's nice to dream sometimes.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

a "masturbation artist" liked my really awesome tweet. is that just a thing they do to get me to watch them j/o or can i feel validated

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

im glad the pisstape gals went into hiding!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dumbest ad campaign ever? This is just "They Live" level of weird.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
juror 930: he's a motherfucker. he fucks his mother

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
They took down all the mermaid statues and their rich history and great purge is all but lost to us now

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Al-Saqr posted:

lol if this is the guy fighting china then I better start learning mandarin in preparation for the Chinese millennium.

that ship sailed a long time ago

here, i got footage of it sinkin

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

wu tang for life

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

That DICK! posted:

a "masturbation artist" liked my really awesome tweet. is that just a thing they do to get me to watch them j/o or can i feel validated

all art is masturbation

zakkro
May 29, 2015

logikv9 posted:

juror 69: Not nice. Not nice at all.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

quote:

the court: The question is, have you heard anything that would affect your ability to decide this case with an open mind. Can you do that?

juror no. 144: I don’t think I can because he kind of looks like a dick.

the court: You are Juror Number 144 and we will excuse you.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

hell yeah

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

radical meme posted:

Dumbest ad campaign ever? This is just "They Live" level of weird.

lol if somebodys gotta fight u to get u to wear shades

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Agrajag posted:

whoa dell still exists?

heh yeah who would

what loser would have a dell laptop

what a loser

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LOL, those are people who know exactly what to say to avoid serving on a jury.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

When it comes down to race issues, polling is always lovely. Look at how many ppl hated on the Civil rights movement in the 60s. This shouldn't be a popularity contest.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

now where would you get an idea like that?

Dingwick
May 3, 2007

This is always the highlight of my day.

https://twitter.com/danozzi/status/897957540469760001

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
juror no. 52: When I walked in here today I looked at him, and in my head, that’s a snake — not knowing who he was. I just walked in and looked right at him and that’s a snake.

yup, im with this juror

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/897961594147270656

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Why does every picture of Hope Hicks make her look like an emotionless golem? Kind of scary

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
if u enjoy anything then u tacitly support all societal institutions, including and especially racism, capitalism, sexism, and patriarchal power structures. only the depressed and despondent are pure in their hatred for society.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

all art is masturbation

but all masturbation is not art

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

good lord i've scrolled past that thing like five times and only just realized it's supposed to be a PRO capitalism group

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I have at least two right wingers who share TPUSA poo poo 4-5 times a day each, it's the worst. The whole site seems dedicated to making GBS threads all over anybody who isn't willing to endlessly consume and especially anybody who says words like "labor" when talking about class. You MUST love your corporate benefactors and never question them in any way ever

Love IKEA, Samsung, BMWs, etc? Then you <3 countries with robust social safety nets and free school/healthcare!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:vince:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Reality Winner posted:

:wrong:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hell yeah
https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/897958258555592704

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Admiral Ray posted:

only the depressed and despondent are pure in their hatred for society.

nice, im in

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
juror#9182390120: the heat of the dying sun in unbearable. my skin sloughs off in sticky little piles. some days i urinate blood and wonder if this is finally the end. but i'd vote that little rat faced gently caress guilty regardless.

the court: you are excused

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

THE COURT: juror number... *looks at paper* ...69!? *snort*

JUROR NO. 69: nice

THE COURT: nice

BENJAMIN BRAFMAN: haha niiiiice

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Reality Winner posted:

yours, maybe

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

BrownieMinusEye posted:

We aren't loving erasing anyone from loving history, we just aren't glorifying them any longer in the middle of our public parks. You can still read a book if you want to jack off to traitor fanfiction.

you're making an awful lot of assumptions here

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/897961306283814914

lmaoooooo

quote:

What was less well-known about Posobiec until today is that in addition to being an outspoken leader of the radical Trump right, he is an intelligence officer in the U.S. Naval Reserve, who for years was cleared to handle some of its most sensitive compartmented information. That is, until this year, when his security clearance was revoked.

quote:

Posobiec countered that assertion. “I’ve never mishandled classified information in my entire military or civilian career,” he said. “As far as I know, my clearance was not suspended,” he added, but “it’s in a hold status, yes. This has gone on since February… I have not had any access to classified information in over seven months.”

The Navy’s account differs from Posobiec’s. “I can confirm that his clearance has been suspended,” Cdr. Doug Gabos, a public affairs officer for the Navy Reserve Force, told T&P in an email. “I don’t have any additional information as to why.”

“First I have heard,” Posobiec texted me when informed of the Navy’s comment. He was able to shed some light on the “why,” however. “It had to do with using my Twitter account,” he said. “I don’t know how much I can talk about… They said somebody made a complaint against me.” He doesn’t know what the complaint was about : “I’ve requested information, but no information’s been given.”

That’s not good news for a naval officer’s career progression. Posobiec, now a lieutenant junior grade, says his current billet out of Navy Operational Support Center Washington is “administrative” in nature, handling personnel records. Previous officer fitness reports show Posobiec has had ancillary duties as a urinalysis officer and overseeing physical fitness testing in his units.

that's officer pissboie

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Agrajag posted:

so is it true if you set one foot in ohio youll be stuck there forever? much like how light can never escapoe a black hole?

image wouldnt lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

That DICK! posted:

is your twitter name that DICK!

• Locked thread