Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what was it for? some weird stupid show on the Disney channel?

yourtube red, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
iirc disney owns this thing called maker studios which is like a record label for youtube channels

pewdiepie was signed to that, possibly before it was owned by disney

and i must meme has issued a correction as of 23:37 on Aug 16, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Disney was gonna set him up with a whole studio so he could do the same poo poo, only Disney branded.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/TerryMcAuliffe/...genumber%3D6070

JohnLovely
Aug 15, 2017

by Athanatos
Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

How come 4chan hasn't been doxxed

What the gently caress are you talking about? Moot bailed, and the jap doesn't loving care as long as its got one mirrion ad dorrar

And the boomers don't even understand what the gently caress the site has done to the US

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Who even advertizes on 4chan

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

JohnLovely posted:

the jap doesn't loving care as long as its got one mirrion ad dorrar

easy there, Average American of 1941

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

JohnLovely posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? Moot bailed, and the jap doesn't loving care as long as its got one mirrion ad dorrar

And the boomers don't even understand what the gently caress the site has done to the US

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

JohnLovely posted:

mirrion ad dorrar

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Disney was gonna set him up with a whole studio so he could do the same poo poo, only Disney branded.

yeah it was one of those deals that wasn't huge on paper, doing branded advertainment stuff for a corporate client, but because it was disney losing the contract was a significant career setback

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

he had videos when he moved into the new building they were giving him; multiple floors, lots of space

i wonder if he has a video of moving out

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

they have a right to do that, i hope they are having fun :angel:

society will be full of monuments scattered in the future with people who hate it and spin around in circles peppered in the remote wastelands everyone goes on their merry way jest tryin to hustle and survive namaste

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

BAH GAWD IS THAT THE ACLU'S MUSIC!?

ah, strong chance the ACLU wouldn't get in on this one. Stone Mountain Park is privately owned and has the right to deny them access.

it doesn't always, and on again/off again has in the past, but.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://t.co/nf4vY4T2Xg?amp=1

Article with quotes from Charlottesville interfaith leaders unequivocally praising anti-fa, if not exactly their tactics

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
You know who isn't praising antifas...
https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/747527349525176321

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/896449317325725697
https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/833283290278854657

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 00:43 on Aug 17, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ive had it up to here with these antifascist nazis

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

why can't everyone just be content with their billions of dollars and worldwide fame like i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
These Antifascist facists are just like HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

quote:

From J.K. Rowling's promoted article on Aug. 12

By contrasting 4chan with their self-proclaimed enemy, their counter-culture counterparts, we can see that, though demographically they are so similar, the real difference is introduced here — at the thorny of issue of the girlfriend. 4chan’s self-described “beta” males are trapped in this ideology, hating their counterparts whose key difference is a willingness, like the beatniks of old, to slough off the “gender binary” and live how they please.

But rather than take this as reason to be ever more contemptuous of Anons and their misogyny, the left should regard Anon/the deplorables as a failure on its part, a terrific mangling of the left’s own arguments that has resulted in alienating the very group of people who could be the most helped by their ideas, if not the most convinced.

To the deplorables, whose central complaint is one of masculine frailty, pride, and failure — to deny their identities as men is to deny their complaint. They are a group who define themselves by their powerlessness, by being trapped into defeat. But if they are to accept the left’s viewpoint, they must accept that the problem at core of their being is all in their heads. That is to say, the left’s viewpoint of sexual-difference-as-illusion is exactly what they don’t want to hear — that they have cornered themselves into their mother’s basements.

The left does more than simply declare their opposing viewpoint wrong, the radical idea of sex/gender-as-illusion denies their viewpoint an existence. To the left, a complaint stemming from being a man is null space, lying outside the realm of what it will acknowledge as true.

The irony here, of course, is the radical idea of sexual-difference-as-illusion is meant to solve the deplorables’ problem. It was created to liberate those who are oppressed by the concept of sexual difference by dispelling it as a cloud of pure ideas. But to these powerless men, it’s as if the left were addressing their issue by saying in an Orwellian manner, “There’s no such thing as your problem! Problem solved!”

Here the notion of sexual-difference-as-illusion is not performing the work it was built to do, rather the opposite. Ironically, it works to convince alienated men that sex/gender has marked them as a unique sort of outsider/failures, who cannot be accepted even into the multicultural coalitions that define themselves by their capacity for acceptance. In this way, 4chan’s virulent hatred of gender-bending “safe spaces”, though not justified, makes at least a perverse sort of sense, one tangled in wounded masculine pride.

I'm glad I quit reading her dumbass series after the third book.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
goddamn it dissolved into white noise after the first paragraph

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Half of my friends in college were gay, lesbian, or bi. The notion that there's no place for cis white men in a queer society is complete nonsense, and I can't believe that J.K. Rowling of all people is carrying water for this kind of reactionary attitude. And as a reaction to Cville no less.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Did she read her own story? Harry Potter is Antifa.

Jeremy Corbyn. Is. Dumbledore

e: oh, date.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Half of my friends in college were gay, lesbian, or bi. The notion that there's no place for cis white men in a queer society is complete nonsense, and I can't believe that J.K. Rowling of all people is carrying water for this kind of reactionary attitude. And as a reaction to Cville no less.

i dont think ive ever seen someone shamed in leftist circles just for being a white man, like ever

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

He's a piss taster

https://twitter.com/adamweinstein/status/897961984586645504

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Al! posted:

i dont think ive ever seen someone shamed in leftist circles just for being a white man, like ever

so far its only been if you say something completely loving stupid.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

ive seen people in leftist circles be shamed for literal albinism but thats not quite the same thing

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/896360730336907265

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

ive seen people in leftist circles be shamed for literal albinism but thats not quite the same thing

sha-ded. They were shading the albinos. geez

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I couldn't get past the first paragraph of that article.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

Who even advertizes on 4chan

the ad ive always seen was one of those stores that import stuff from japan

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Al! posted:

I haven't seen people being shamed solely for being a white male.

I have seen fragility around places that are meant to hold space for underrepresented groups. There was a controversy around a yoga class in Seattle that held classes that were aimed at PoC, to create a healing space.

http://www.seattleglobalist.com/2015/10/15/vitriol-against-people-of-color-yoga-shows-exactly-why-its-necessary/42573

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

"albinos: too much of a good thing?"

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Uncle Wemus posted:

Surprised it wasn't happening already given how much they think about crisis actors

they tried graffiting a school playground and blaming it on liberals but the guy got caught

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Al! posted:

I mean on the internet it happens.

But real life is weird because it kinda forces people to interact with each other. Kinda the problem I'm seeing.

To quote our dear leader? "The internet makes you stupid".

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

alt righter carves an anarchy A into his forehead to blame it on antifa, somehow gets it backwards

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

PISS T(est)APE is real

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the ad ive always seen was one of those stores that import stuff from japan

Strangely enough, the figurine nerds on /jp/ don't even use that store.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

alt righter carves an anarchy A into his forehead to blame it on antifa, somehow gets it backwards

he didnt have to go to all that trouble, i would have done it for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

what gently caress is she even saying. it sounds like she is validating their bullshit of why they dont have gf's/relationships. its because they are lovely bitter assholes who view women as either dispenceries or toys and get uber mad a rejection. yeah rejection sucks but its not worth becoming a nazi fucktard over. just be a nice genuin person and don't have insane expectations.