Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

RiggenBlaque posted:

Do you guys remember when people seriously thought Kelly would keep Trump in line. Haha, that was a fun time

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/897974991911833602

:lol: He'll be gone in a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucania
May 1, 2009

Hollismason posted:

The guy on the right has a pretty obvious tattoo

That and he bragged about the assault on his FB page before deactivating it.

He also posted a video saying that he isn't a racist because he's "Spanish"/Puerto Rican. As a Puerto Rican myself, :rolleyes: :jerkbag:.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The only Confederate statue I would support is Calvin pissing on the Confederate flag

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Zwabu posted:

This is flabbergasting to watch after seeing the Vice thingy.

Strapped to the gills ubermensch bawls at the idea of getting arrested? "I can't do time in the bighouse, I'm too pretty!"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/zackwhittaker/status/897945302052868096

Kale
May 14, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Career concern trolls and shitposters describes an alarming amount of SA post-GBS reversion

It describes a lot of places on the internet now. It's actually alarming how many places the Alt-Right probably managed to infiltrate since 2015 (if GBS got extra weird and racist some time around 2015 I wouldn't really be surprised but I wouldn't know cause I mainly hang out in the SAS and D&D sub-forums) when apparently there was a massive uptick in shitposting all around the internet a lot of which is attributed to Russian activity apparently. Admittedly I'm still kind of putting it altogether myself but it's amazing how many forums I used to visit but can't now because of massive unchecked shitposting problems track with the whole Alt-Right surge thing. I wonder how much of it is real people versus that shitposting bot army considering how cyclical some of it feels and how a lot of posts initially seem to be responding to something but then a couple sentences in feel like they're talking right past the person they are supposedly quoting or launching in the most random directions like they're pulling from some sort of script or dictionary file.

At the very least I'm convinced everyone is this thread is a real person.....right?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Pro-click.
Disgusting.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This reads like when Fox was chastising Batman for using the spy Network to find the joker.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol:

https://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/status/897986950866644994

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Kale posted:

It describes a lot of places on the internet now. It's actually alarming how many places the Alt-Right probably managed to infiltrate since 2015 (if GBS got extra weird and racist some time around 2015 I wouldn't really be surprised but I wouldn't know cause I mainly hang out in the SAS and D&D sub-forums) when apparently there was a massive uptick in shitposting all around the internet a lot of which is attributed to Russian activity apparently. Admittedly I'm still kind of putting it altogether myself but it's amazing how many forums I used to visit but can't now because of massive unchecked shitposting problems track with the whole Alt-Right surge thing. I wonder how much of it is real people versus that shitposting bot army considering how cyclical some of it feels and how a lot of posts initially seem to be responding to something but then a couple sentences in feel like they're talking right past the person they are supposedly quoting or launching in the most random directions like they're pulling from some sort of script or dictionary file.

At the very least I'm convinced everyone is this thread is a real person.....right?

[A B O R T]

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Anime never recovered from the mid 2000s economic issues Japan had. killed most classic Japanese videogames companies too.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

BlueBlazer posted:

A concurring statement on the civil acceptability of Juggalos? Wasnt really looking for a response.

And oddly Re: juggalos starts around here.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821460&pagenumber=2494&perpage=40#post475448221

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
If there isn't a riding bull named Trump I don't know what rodeos are doing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

farraday posted:

This is a great story.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/897970905418268674

Reporter: Did you guys know there's a Robert E Lee Monument here in Franklin Township?
Franklin Township : No way we gave that land to the City of Franklin, ask them about it.
City of Franklin: No way that's a clerical error, we're giving it back.

Monument hot potato in south west Ohio.

A description of the monument here.

http://www.columbusnavigator.com/ohio-confederate-monuments/

You know, just a random monument to Lee, for no reason, in Ohio.

I genuinely wonder how many of these Confederacy takedown conversations went something like

"So should we take down our Lee statue too?"
"Wait, we have a Lee statue?"
"Yeah, that big guy on a horse across from the court."
"That's Robert E Lee?!"
"Who did you think it was?"
"Some founding fathers or something. I dunno."

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

Good thing that stayed in Charlottesville and couldn't possibly have left

Unless they are in a place like Russia they are getting handed over.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Shitshow posted:

Has this been posted yet? Because it is so sweet.

https://twitter.com/Henry_Langston/status/897846695916187652

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I'm I totally loving insane or is he hinting that the President ordered that e-mail blast?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Mr Interweb posted:

I just realized one of those nazis is named Ramos. :psyduck:

Yeah, and this guy is named Fuentes:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...l?event=event25

I don't know what's up with the Chickens for Col. Sanders Brigade.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/07/donald-ivana-trump-divorce-prenup-marie-brenner

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/897977234220351494

They pop up everywhere!

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

Kale posted:

I used to be it anime but kind of outgrew it all and see it as basically trash aimed at socially stunted loners (used to kind of be one) as I gradually got on in life. Its amazing how fast all that stuff completely lost its luster for me and i wondered why i was ever into it to begin with after a year of steady full time employment, finding a decent apartment and moving out on my own and needing to focus on the responsibilities that came with that positive lifestyle change and just having rapidly expanding social circles. Still game but again would not touch current online gaming communities now with a ten foot poll the same way I'd never touch an anime community anymore with how infiltrated they are by career concern trolls and shitposters that mods all over the internet turn a curiously blind eye to regardless of what the terms of service of the venue are supposed to expressly forbid.

Honestly I think internet moderators really could stand to just do their jobs again and stop letting these poo poo lords hide behind free speech. The fact that daily stormer had to go to Russia to find hosting is an example of a slow start perhaps.

By the ways Habs are gonna suck this season aren't they? :(

Ehh... I'd say you were into the wrong anime then. It's pretty much like all other mediums: amidst a ton of poo poo, there are some real gems obscured by that horrible smell. I do agree about online gaming communities though. I got back into one not too long ago and flew the gently caress out of there just as quickly after hearing the hosed up chat discussions going on. It was little more than ranting about immigrants and leftists, with a dash of how helpful it was to beat their kids. I suspect I'm going to be sticking to single-player or playing solo in multiplayer games for quite a while...

:smith:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Daughters of the Confederacy were really out there doin work.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

evilweasel posted:

I disagree that it's a bad decision. It abolished nasty laws that had been used with thin justification to ban all sorts of speech on the grounds that it advocated for something illegal.

Where I think the law falls down these days is failing to seriously wrestle with the nature of generalized threats of violence. It's not a first amendment issue for me to ban threatening to kill you. However it is a first amendment issue to ban marchers from brandishing weapons and calling generally, vaugely in the future, to kill the blacks/jews/etc. I don't think that should be punished as incitement: that should be punished as a threat. But first amendment law has been slow to recognize where speech is an explicit or implicit threat of violence and is made precisely to convey that threat in a general sense rather than a specific sense.

There are far too many cases where it is appropriate to call for the breaking of the law and it is only appropriate to punish actually breaking the law. That's not a path we want to go down. But there is no similar problem with weighing the speech being made for threatening content: if you want to march calling for white racial superiority, you can't have guns, torches, implements of violence, or what-have-you. I think that's a much better distinction to draw - both in that it's punishing the right thing, and that it has much less potential to be abused.
A few pages back, but this is a very good post and changed my view on the matter.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The whackos are everywhere even lurking and trolling away in random automotive bbs. The same morons have been there for years and rarely post about their BMW's, they are just there to provoke. Trump fired them up significantly after years of complaining about Obama being a full communist. Every web forum has these types of assholes lurking.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Critical posted:

I'm I totally loving insane or is he hinting that the President ordered that e-mail blast?

Well old people do that re fwd fwd fwd crap all the time.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

dope

Gizmodo posted:

Prince explained in an internal email to staffers that he doesn’t think CEOs of internet companies should be in the position of policing content on their networks—he told Gizmodo he thinks that’s a job that should ultimately be left up to law enforcement if the content violates the law—but felt pushed to act because the operators of the Daily Stormer are “assholes.”

:stoked:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Keyser_Soze posted:

The whackos are everywhere even lurking and trolling away in random automotive bbs. The same morons have been there for years and rarely post about their BMW's, they are just there to provoke. Trump fired them up significantly after years of complaining about Obama being a full communist. Every web forum has these types of assholes lurking.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

counterpoint: BMW owners are 99% assholes

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

stone cold posted:

counterpoint: BMW owners are 99% assholes

but 100% of goon BMW owners are cool

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Zwabu posted:

Yeah, and this guy is named Fuentes:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...l?event=event25

I don't know what's up with the Chickens for Col. Sanders Brigade.

Yeah, that's bizarre enough, but the real headscratcher are the White Supremacists who seem to be okay with allowing them in their ranks. What about that whole racial and ethnic purity thing?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

This is cool and good and all, but it's a little bit disconcerting that it takes an incident like this for people to wake up and go "oh yeah actually confederate monuments are kind of lovely, huh?"

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Seems a stretch. Trump read for fun? Doesn't sound like him.

The Nazi stuff does, though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

attn non-nazis re: beating nazis

the press are not nazis. please do not beat them.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/897977496930570240

The false equivalence here is astounding.

Every person who attended that Rally is a loving racist piece of poo poo.

Not every person who showed up to protest it was Antifa. Heather Heyer, and probably most of the protesters there, were local people from Charlottesville.

But I'll be damned if Trump and his loving dipshit rear end in a top hat followers aren't scapegoating any opposition to white national as Antifa thuggery.

gently caress this gay earth.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Just another thing that was known during the campaign that too many people dismissed

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

The false equivalence here is astounding.

Every person who attended that Rally is a loving racist piece of poo poo.

Not every person who showed up to protest it was Antifa. Heather Heyer, and probably most of the protesters there, were local people from Charlottesville.

But I'll be damned if Trump and his loving dipshit rear end in a top hat followers aren't scapegoating any opposition to white national as Antifa thuggery.

gently caress this gay earth.

Eh we should be able to criticize the dumbfuck (that didn't have a warrant) for hitting a journalist. The other guy was doing what he had to do.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Keyser_Soze posted:

but 100% of goon BMW owners are cool

pictured, the goon bmw:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

lol, from an older interview he did when Amazon banned all the Sasquatch rape novels:

quote:

Whether it's a dumb request or it's "something awful," he said, "we're just not going to make a determination on whether it's valid or not." Law enforcement have to follow the right process, he said, which in theory treats everyone equally and fairly.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Why do German car drivers often drive like morons? It's always a Jetta, Audi, or BMW cutting me off.

I drove through a freezing road situation awhile back and there were 2 BMW's, a Jetta, and an Audi off the road on my way through Boston. That was it. Everyone else was done.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So, some Antifa juggs showed up to "guard" heather heyers funeral with bats and shields... and every right wing rag from Miami to Seattle is claiming "Antifa Crashed Heather Heyers Funeral".

Her Funeral was held in a loving Paramount Theater, the line was 2 blocks long. This wasn't some private affair where these people were unwelcome.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Mercedes seem somewhat less aggressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Paradoxish posted:

This is cool and good and all, but it's a little bit disconcerting that it takes an incident like this for people to wake up and go "oh yeah actually confederate monuments are kind of lovely, huh?"

Eh it's more "holy poo poo, people think that these statues actually stand for something rather than just being leftover rock"

• Locked thread