Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
dirt track racing 2 is the best racing game ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I loved the Ratbag dirt games. They pumped out a ton of mediocre games at the end though. I wish someone outside of iRacing was making a dirt track game these days but I guess the market for that is pretty small.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

mearn posted:

I loved the Ratbag dirt games. They pumped out a ton of mediocre games at the end though. I wish someone outside of iRacing was making a dirt track game these days but I guess the market for that is pretty small.

honestly the best dirt racing was on rfactor

still gotta try iracing dirt

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The best racing game is actually Excite Truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyoc7hX22Rs

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

VikingSkull posted:

honestly the best dirt racing was on rfactor

still gotta try iracing dirt

You should. It's real good even if I'm horrible on it.

I pretty much race truck only in iRacing now though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The 1997 Daytona 500 is rain delay theater on FS1. One driver from this race is still active in some capacity in Cup:

Derrike Cope.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
They have to get this race done tonight, don't they?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
loving finally

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

L_Harrison posted:

They have to get this race done tonight, don't they?

Yeah since there isn't enough room for the truck, xfinity, and cup haulers.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

loving finally

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress Kyle Busch

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

gently caress Kyle Busch

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Thread title

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

dirt track racing 2 is the best racing game ever made

:australia:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I have to wonder if we're someday going to find out Kyle or Brad got into a nasty gambling debt or took out a predatory loan they're desperate to pay off, because there's no way "for the love of the game" describes them fighting so hard to keep Cup drivers in the lower series and smoking the field in a Truck race on a Wednesday night at Midnight.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

I have to wonder if we're someday going to find out Kyle or Brad got into a nasty gambling debt or took out a predatory loan they're desperate to pay off, because there's no way "for the love of the game" describes them fighting so hard to keep Cup drivers in the lower series and smoking the field in a Truck race on a Wednesday night at Midnight.

If that's the case they're going about it in a very stupid way

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

This is horrible but the moment I knew he was running? I didn't even bother tuning in.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Just passing the field on the outside line like he's playing on easy mode...

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/mr4time/status/898031233590059008

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He's a child

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Norns posted:

He's a child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPErFLWht1U

Red= Us

Frank= Kyle Busch

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

haha owns

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/JimmieJohnson/status/896884069610512384

Jimmie the GOAT.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That's the one where his dad is super :3: that Jimmie won, right?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Kyle is probably more proud of his xfinity wins then his championship.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I think it's great that Kyle has dedicated himself to winning Truck and Xfinity races just to spite NASCAR

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think it's bad, but not really anyone's fault, so there's no need to go around blaming people. Except NASCAR.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I just think it's pretty transparent that they are taking this stance simply because of him. Like if Joey Logano was winning the same number of races, would NASCAR be mad that their whitebread savior was ruining the other series? I doubt it.

Ole sourpuss Kyle does it and everyone loses their poo poo, and I say gently caress 'em.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think they're taking this stance because brutally few people are watching Nationwide races.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If NASCAR is truly making this decision primarily to spite Kyle, it is the best decision they've made in decades.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I mean, even during the halcyon days of the SASCAR IRC it was routinely 25% of the people watching the race so I dunno how much that matters, honestly.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

If Logano or Harvick or Keselowski were the ones making GBS threads up the series on such a consistent basis I imagine they and the fans would have the same reaction, yes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't know when that was but Nationwide has been bad since 2006 and unwatchable since whatever year the tapered spacer was (2008)?. It is the worst racing series on earth.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

e- Here's what I originally came here to post. JGR said "Here, take your pit crews" to FRR: http://nas.cr/2wbyick

VikingSkull posted:

I mean, even during the halcyon days of the SASCAR IRC it was routinely 25% of the people watching the race so I dunno how much that matters, honestly.

I've been an IRC/Discord regular since I started here in 2011 and I've only watched a handful of NXS races each year (road courses, plate races, non-companion events, maybe Bristol).

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I don't know when that was but Nationwide has been bad since 2006 and unwatchable since whatever year the tapered spacer was (2008)?. It is the worst racing series on earth.

I don't think I've watched a full NXS season since 2004. All I remember is running errands during the Fall race at Atlanta (which could be heard on PRN) and thinking "You know what, Kenseth's probably going to win this. I guess I'm not missing much.". You get to about 2006 and that's when the wheels really started to fall off; I think it was 2007 when 30 of 33 races were won by Cup guys.

It's comical how fast the Driver Development movement (anybody remember that? :lol:) was squashed/ruined by "Let's run the entire Roush Cup contingent in an NXS race!" :hurr:

Unrelated, it is inconceivable to me that 2004 was 13 years ago. :wtc:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
2005 was when it was between Truex and Kyle, both of whom seemed like big future Cup stars. In 2006 Harvick won like every race.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Does having the race on as background noise while you do other stuff around the house count as watching?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cup drivers winning Busch/Nationwide championships was one of the most ridiculous things NASCAR could've allowed and yet it happened five times.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

2005 was when it was between Truex and Kyle, both of whom seemed like big future Cup stars. In 2006 Harvick won like every race.

I've never minded guys like Nemechek, Spencer, or Blaney winning Busch races because they never did anything in Cup, but ignoring those filters as well (Blaney won in 2006, for example), here are races from 2006-2010 won by non-Cup drivers in lower series in NXS:

2006- Kentucky (Gilliland)= 1. (David Goddamn Gilliland was the only non-Cup driver to win.)
2007- Kentucky (Leicht), IRP (Leffler)= 2 (Milwaukee does not count despite Almirola being the listed winner because we all know why.)
2008- Nashville (Wimmer), Nashville again (Keselowski), Kentucky (Logano), Montreal (Fellows), Watkins Glen (Ambrose), Bristol (Kes)= 6.
2009- Charlotte (Bliss), Dover (Kes), Iowa (Kes), Michigan (Kes), Memphis (Kes)= 5.
2010- Bristol (Allgaier), Montreal (Said)= 2.

That's awful. It's not much better now, but we're already at 7 (Reed, Allgaier, Byron x3, Preece, Hornish) with 12 races to go.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't mind when particularly young drivers who need seat time do both series full time either.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I just don't understand what Kyle Busch is trying to prove?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Norns posted:

I just don't understand what Kyle Busch is trying to prove?

That hes the greatest nascarman

• Locked thread