Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/ETDEUMPURITAS/status/897554678333964288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
is that supposed to be a confederate monument?

what the gently caress are those noses

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

cargo cult posted:

is poo poo going down this weekend or what? DC or Richmond

all of the marches on google campuses around the us organized in support of the phrenology incel who got fired from google have been cancelled

there may be other things idk

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
im not gonna lie at this point i just wanna fight, ive stood on the sidelines for a entire shameful year

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

lol it's really cool of that boneheaded rear end in a top hat rogan that he gave those racists and alt fighters and Nazis a consistent platform on his show to spew their horseshit from for years on end and then suddenly be aghast at the fruits of something he had a hand in creating.
so just like all other american media platforms from 197X on then

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
holy poo poo CNN

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

surprised that's not cillizza's headline

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

papa_november posted:

so just like all other american media platforms from 197X on then

The talking points a lot of the people that under the alt light platform are near identical to the ones I heard "EL RUSHBO" say on the radio in my dad's car circa 1993.

This whole thing is nothing new really. Right down to using the strawmen of feminists, gays, black civil rights leaders, etc.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Scent of Worf posted:

holy poo poo CNN

basically already going back to soft language lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zikan posted:

all of the marches on google campuses around the us organized in support of the phrenology incel who got fired from google have been cancelled

there may be other things idk

yay, I don't have to go to LA this weekend

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

basically already going back to soft language lol

i don't know if i'd be willing to call 'white rights' soft language

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ruzihm posted:

less alt righters with security clearances and more dsa members with security clearances

that's one hell of a monkey's paw wish if i ever heard one

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Christopher Cantwell, the Sobbing Nazi, has been on national TV before a few years ago. On The Colbert Report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vQ5h8iWa0Q

He was part of the 'Free Keene Squad' of Keene, NH. They're actions to free Keene, NH from absolute tyranny? Fill parking meters with coins right before they expire, and film themselves harassing meter maids.

Freekeene.com has since disavowed Cantwell and his ways. Also - he was NEVER a blogger on the site. They work hard to make that point crystal clear. http://freekeene.com/

Qu Appelle has issued a correction as of 07:02 on Aug 17, 2017

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Office Pig posted:

i don't know if i'd be willing to call 'white rights' soft language

For the people that sympathize with that Caucasian girl years ago suing Ivy League schools or University of (Texas I think), this moves the needle as "soft language"

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Qu Appelle posted:

Freekeene.com has since disavowed Cantwell and his ways. Also - he was NEVER a blogger on the site. They work hard to make that point crystal clear. http://freekeene.com/

From the linked post:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

He's an angry drunk who likes to argue, and has access to an ever growing cache of powerful weaponry?

What could possibly go wrong?!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Qu Appelle posted:

"Chris now only sees the group rather than the individual. He’s one of the few people who has turned away from the libertarian message after having embraced it."

:lol:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:thunk:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

dril drivign

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Kurtofan posted:

dril drivign

https://twitter.com/dril/status/464802196060917762

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cuckold Ben betrays audience and goes into victim narrative lol

Shouldnt it be Alpha God James Damore pissing at rainbow-haired Google stand-in (Head is a Google logo, there is a label "Google" pointing to it too)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

JohnLovely posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? Moot bailed, and the jap doesn't loving care as long as its got one mirrion ad dorrar

And the boomers don't even understand what the gently caress the site has done to the US

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

FuzzySkinner posted:

The talking points a lot of the people that under the alt light platform are near identical to the ones I heard "EL RUSHBO" say on the radio in my dad's car circa 1993.

This whole thing is nothing new really. Right down to using the strawmen of feminists, gays, black civil rights leaders, etc.

Heh have you noticed how no-one's been saying "political correctness" much anymore? It's because they discovered the term "identity politics"

much like "political correctness", defining "identity politics" is like nailing jello to the wall, but in practice most of the time it means anything catering to minorities that right-wingers don't like

the rest of the time it means tumblr

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

lol it's really cool of that boneheaded rear end in a top hat rogan that he gave those racists and alt fighters and Nazis a consistent platform on his show to spew their horseshit from for years on end and then suddenly be aghast at the fruits of something he had a hand in creating.

The thing about Joe is that he's high literally all the time. The man smokes more weed than Willie Nelson and Snoop combined. He has an everlasting love affair with the green herb and as a result his brain doesn't work so good anymore. He's not at all malicious (I believe), he's just like every other rich white guy with nothing to lose if these people come to power so he doesn't see the danger of giving them a platform. He's oblivious and baked.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BBCWillVernon/status/898118798422810624

Hah drat

My guess, next up: dailystormer.kp

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 10:59 on Aug 17, 2017

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Was wondering how long till this shoe dropped. There are plenty of Nazis in Russia. But they tend to honor good Uncle Joe, along with Alexander III not Hitler. The stormer forgot that.

Oh look at this badass image I discovered.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Crowsbeak posted:

Was wondering how long till this shoe dropped. There are plenty of Nazis in Russia. But they tend to honor good Uncle Joe, along with Alexander III not Hitler. The stormer forgot that.

Oh look at this badass image I discovered.

Is that how you write "don't tread on me" in Russian?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
That is counter revolutionary. But yes we could say that. I generally despise Trotsky for contributing to the worst of Lenin's actions. but seriously that is one bad rear end picture.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

owned

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
this, but with sad MAGA goon instead

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:ussr:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

A Pale Horse posted:

The thing about Joe is that he's high literally all the time. The man smokes more weed than Willie Nelson and Snoop combined. He has an everlasting love affair with the green herb and as a result his brain doesn't work so good anymore. He's not at all malicious (I believe), he's just like every other rich white guy with nothing to lose if these people come to power so he doesn't see the danger of giving them a platform. He's oblivious and baked.

I appreciate that Joey pushes back on them more than any other outlet, but he has a major imbalance in favor of alt-light shitheads where he'd never have a leftist on.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

note that she includes corbyn in this because she got real mad when he owned the tories

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I appreciate that Joey pushes back on them more than any other outlet, but he has a major imbalance in favor of alt-light shitheads where he'd never have a leftist on.

Think About for example the ratio of rabid racists he'd have on who spent years lambasting BLM but never did he once ever invite anyone from that organization to make their case, except the one time him and his bitch coward friend Sam Harris browbeat a blind drunk Hannibal Burress.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://youtu.be/4xANVWkyqiQ

Jordan Peterson doesn't get Trailer Park Boys or Rick & Morty.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 13:14 on Aug 17, 2017

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
He didn't get Occupy either - occupy was disorganized but it wasn't nihilistic.

Guy's a moron.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Yinlock posted:

note that she includes corbyn in this because she got real mad when he owned the tories

she's been getting poo poo on twitter non-stop and has decided that the left are fascists as a result lol

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Reading subtext, he's using 'nihilism' as a replacement for 'secular'/'atheist', as did the guy who brought up that poo poo about the iranian revolution - Islamists like Qutb reacted to the lack of religiosity in the west, by embracing islamic reactionary fundamentalism, because they saw feminism and such as immoral. It hasn't got poo poo to do with nihilism. By calling that nihilism, you're implicitly claiming that only religious worldviews are valid, which is as special pleading as it gets.

rudatron has issued a correction as of 13:33 on Aug 17, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Rick & Morty might be full to the brim with nihilistic jokes, but the show also goes out of its way to affirm the value of constructed meaning. Rick's own nihilistic pessimism, no matter how correct it may be, is nonetheless toxic; it costs countless lives in multiple universes and erodes his own family. It's clearly expressing an existentialist philosophy, not a nihilistic one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Russian_Starr/status/897882513967861762