Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

Serephina posted:

As comical as that is, some good will come of it as there's now a discussion on the ambiguous wording of that dialogue he hit.

Yeah, taking a look at the change the discussion prompted it now makes you click through a dialog where it tells you in allcaps exactly how many files you're about to permanently delete.

Honestly I'm somewhat amazed it took that guy as long as three months to nuke all his work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

All source control GUIs suck, some quite spectacularly. Just use the command line and git will tell you explicitly what is going on.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

SafetyTrain posted:

More Nazi-freude!

Nazis in Sweden get beatdown by Pride goers

This is in swedish but for you non-swedish speakers:
Nazi group Nordic Resistance Movement attended the Pride parade in the town of Trelleborg too protest people being proud. They were surrounded and beat up by anti-fascists and others walking in the Pride parade.

The article asks one Pride-goer why he was laughing at the nazis getting their rear end handed to them
"Well, they think us gays are subhuman and then they come out and get surrounded and beaten up by gays"

På svenska:
"Nämen dom tycker ju vi bögar är undermänniskor och sen går dom ut och blir omringade och får bögstryk"

There is still good in this world.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

"And he disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan" is the best

Koobes posted:

Shaudenfreude Thread: And he disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan.

Honestly that was probably Shkreli's biggest mistake. The Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothin to gently caress with.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

quote:

bögstryk

This would be a great SA username if it means what I assume it means

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Sarcopenia posted:

There is still good in this world.

Lol at "getting gaystruck"

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

Lol at "getting gaystruck"

You've been... GAYSTRUCK!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You've been hit by
You've been struck by
A :gay: criminal

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

bögstryk pretty much means "(a) gay beating" or "(a) beating (by) gays"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You've been hit by
You've been struck by
A :gay: criminal

anus are you okay
are you okay anus

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Powaqoatse posted:

bögstryk pretty much means "(a) gay beating" or "(a) beating (by) gays"

N4I missed his chance for ban texts.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

This would be a great SA username if it means what I assume it means

I was thinking more like

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Stryk means a beating, and bög means gay (or rather, "fag"). So basically getting "fagbeaten". I remember it being used when I was in school in the late nineties. The use of "bög" doesn't really have any sexual connections in this case, it's just used to reinforce the word.

Needless to say, it's not a kosher term these days in most contexts.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Beeswax posted:

Stryk means a beating, and bög means gay (or rather, "fag"). So basically getting "fagbeaten". I remember it being used when I was in school in the late nineties. The use of "bög" doesn't really have any sexual connections in this case, it's just used to reinforce the word.

I'm glad that the conversational Swedish I learned from Hatten är din has proved useful

Your Computer posted:

I was thinking more like

Goddamn :perfect:

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
Gaybeaten, the next GBS Dwarf Fortress game

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
Are you reading it as 'beaten by gays', because the equivalent term where I'm from, gay-bashing, implies someone bashing a gay person, not bashed by a gay person.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Me. :mrwhite:
I thought that my Swedish was pretty good but apparently I don't know my Swede slurs.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Juggalos Versus Nazis sounds like some kind of crazy Newgrounds Flash Animation and yet, here we are.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Are you reading it as 'beaten by gays', because the equivalent term where I'm from, gay-bashing, implies someone bashing a gay person, not bashed by a gay person.

In Swedish it explicitly means beaten BY gay people. Sorry not everything translates directly to English I guess

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jimmycallaghann/status/897957231328542720

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Your Computer posted:

I was thinking more like

mods

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Gay guy at pride parade speaking on topic of punching nazis posted:

Nämen dom tycker ju att vi bögar är undermänniskor och sen går dom ut och blir omringade och får bögstryk.

So yea that's not very ambiguous at all about who is the puncher and who is the punchee.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Beeswax posted:

We didn't have bögstryk, but we did have böghög, which is just when a bunch of guys all lay down on top of one another, possibly with the intent to crush the guy at the bottom.

Bögstryk and gay-bashing could be the same if you were doing a straight translation without context, but I don't think there is a specific term for beating up homosexuals in swedish, at least that I know. We just call it assault.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Xun posted:

In Swedish it explicitly means beaten BY gay people. Sorry not everything translates directly to English I guess

I forgive you.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Your Computer posted:

I was thinking more like

Mods please

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Haha yessss.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Foxhound posted:

We didn't have bögstryk, but we did have böghög

Is boghog something that lowtax could be into you think?

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Foxhound posted:

böghög,

Jesus Christ, Sweden. I can't stop laughing at this poo poo.

What are your opinions on Mt. Gay rum?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Your Computer posted:

I was thinking more like

Yes

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Your Computer posted:

I was thinking more like

Joining the applause, this is extremely good.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I can only imagine the schadenfreude of /btard memesters suffering the misappropriation of their lord and savior pepe

My other idea was to hang a Pepe in effigy.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Boo-hoo-hoo, I'm a rich, entitled white woman and talking about race makes me so UNCOMFORTABLE! Woe is me!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-host-cries-because-014456740.html

:fuckoff:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Your Computer posted:

I was thinking more like

Bakom basistens bas med Peter Wahlbeck

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Boo-hoo-hoo, I'm a rich, entitled white woman and talking about race makes me so UNCOMFORTABLE! Woe is me!

I've encountered this in real life too many times.
"I innocently made a monkey joke and you call me a racist!? You dont understand what racism is. Words only mean something when they are said with hate. Do you know how hurtful that word is to me? :qq:"

"Can we not talk about race, its so uncomfortable" Yes it is you loving moron.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

"This is not 1950, we are allowed to have this conversation. Go ahead and cry, but we're talking about this now."

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Sarcopenia posted:

I've encountered this in real life too many times.
"I innocently made a monkey joke and you call me a racist!? You dont understand what racism is. Words only mean something when they are said with hate. Do you know how hurtful that word is to me? :qq:"

"Can we not talk about race, its so uncomfortable" Yes it is you loving moron.

Why were you even talking to such idiots in the first place?

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Sonewhat related, there was a video from a few years back ostensibly of two antiantifa crowds in Stockholm (?) rounding a corner into one another and mistaking each other for antifa and starting a brawl.

I wish I could provide a link but I don't remember what it was called

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Sonewhat related, there was a video from a few years back ostensibly of two antiantifa crowds in Stockholm (?) rounding a corner into one another and mistaking each other for antifa and starting a brawl.

I wish I could provide a link but I don't remember what it was called

there's an easier word than "antiantifa", and it ain't "fa"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
2016: Killer clowns are on the loose in your town
2017: We've harassed the power of killer clowns to fight nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011