Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

Same but this might be the first time I can remember that I'm leaning more toward "wait for a sale" for a Marvel game. I have a really hard time justifying $60 for what they made.

Same. I mean, if you told me "there's this fighting game coming out that's 2v2 with on-the-fly tag combos and a groove system" I'd probably wanna play it, the fact that I somehow don't care enough to buy it even though it has two amazing licenses behind it says a lot about how lazy and stupid Capcom has been concerning this whole affair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i bought it for 30 dollars and gave the russians my information

i think 30 dollars is about right because the dlc costs another 30 and at 60 you have the same amount of chars as vanilla mvc3 on 'release' with dlc
this is assuming the chars dont take a full year to deploy or whatever

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm not going to buy it the same way I haven't bought sfv

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'll buy this game when it's 20 bux and includes like 20 new characters in the roster because gently caress paying $60 for what looks like "MvC3 2v2 Edition"

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so what in the everloving gently caress is with the infinity gems? I saw that poo poo at evo and it looked dumb as hell. why can you put your opponents in the shame cube?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The gems are maybe the only cool thing in this game lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

edit: double post

fadam fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 17, 2017

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

fadam posted:

The gems are maybe the only cool thing in this game lol

Dr. Light at around forty-seconds in the new story mode trailer is now the best part of the game.

Make Dr. Light a DLC fighter Capcom. You've already made the model just go all the way it can't be that hard to make a set of moves for him.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

spit on my clit posted:

so what in the everloving gently caress is with the infinity gems? I saw that poo poo at evo and it looked dumb as hell. why can you put your opponents in the shame cube?

you select a gem at the start and it gives you an extra move that all your characters can use. Time Stone is a dash, Reality Stone is a homing projectile, etc. As you use the gem or take damage it fills up a bar, and when the bar is full you can do an "Infinity Surge" and the Shame Cube is the Infinity Surge for the Space Stone

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The Infinity Surge for the Power Stone takes you to a good game

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Dr. Light at around forty-seconds in the new story mode trailer is now the best part of the game.

Make Dr. Light a DLC fighter Capcom. You've already made the model just go all the way it can't be that hard to make a set of moves for him.

mcu wackiness meets capcom animu

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
The more I see of the mechanics of the game the more I think it's probably a pretty sound fighter, but it will probably be more fun to watch combo videos of MvCI than actually playing it

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Other than the dumb reflect thing I think all the systems and whatever are cool. Tag combos are a lot more fun than I expected.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

fadam posted:

Other than the dumb reflect thing I think all the systems and whatever are cool. Tag combos are a lot more fun than I expected.

I'm actually kind of... ok with the reflect system? I understand the reasons people are against it, but considering that it isn't a frame-perfect input and that it'll probably only take a marginal amount of skill to input the pushblock/reflect, it will end up as a way for new players to learn how to fight back against plasma spam and make it so higher level play isn't heavily populated by Morrigan-style teams like Ultimate was in the last few years. I think of it in the same vein as how SFV removed chipouts from non-super damage.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

they couldn't get back Richard Grieco for ghost rider :smith:

does anybody know if there's like a Firefox or Chrome Exttension for YouTube comments?

I can only take so much retardation

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Feature list:

Nothing special, Beginners League is the only unusual thing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Story trailer 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SWnncuYXCE

" These newly added characters bring the final roster at launch up to 30 characters, with more post launch characters to be revealed in the future."

lol 30 characters. No Monster Hunter guy. Literally getting 4 new characters for a base roster mostly MVC3 repeats. You want new characters, gently caress you get ready to pay.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
At least Chun's face looks okay now...?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CubsWoo posted:

I'm actually kind of... ok with the reflect system? I understand the reasons people are against it, but considering that it isn't a frame-perfect input and that it'll probably only take a marginal amount of skill to input the pushblock/reflect, it will end up as a way for new players to learn how to fight back against plasma spam and make it so higher level play isn't heavily populated by Morrigan-style teams like Ultimate was in the last few years. I think of it in the same vein as how SFV removed chipouts from non-super damage.

The one Morrigan team was Morridoom tho, zoning in Marvel 3 was kinda rear end and the only way to make it work was playing one of the most opressive zoning games in the history of the genre. MVCI looks like it keeps the rear end zoning but now adds an even EASIER way to gently caress someone up for daring to play a zoning character.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
im curious to know exactly how much Capcom gets off of Esports a year

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Story trailer 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SWnncuYXCE

" These newly added characters bring the final roster at launch up to 30 characters, with more post launch characters to be revealed in the future."

lol 30 characters. No Monster Hunter guy. Literally getting 4 new characters for a base roster mostly MVC3 repeats. You want new characters, gently caress you get ready to pay.

It's 7 right? Black Panther, Gamora, Ultron, Yassss Kween Slay Drag Him Marvel, Jedah, X and Sigma. I guess that's almost a third of the cast. Not great, but I'd be interesting to see how it compares to how much of the roster was new in MvC3 by percent.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Beginner's League will be 10% beginners and 90% vets making new accounts so they can gently caress up newbies

Race Realists posted:

im curious to know exactly how much Capcom gets off of Esports a year

If that video John D accidentally released to the public is any indication, about $600k in profits. If we're assuming SF5 has the same margins then about $1.2m a year total

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
dont forget if there's not a lot of people to play later on in the games life, no one can rank up and so beginner league will be good people stuck in it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

It's 7 right? Black Panther, Gamora, Ultron, Yassss Kween Slay Drag Him Marvel, Jedah, X and Sigma. I guess that's almost a third of the cast. Not great, but I'd be interesting to see how it compares to how much of the roster was new in MvC3 by percent.

Gamora, Ultron, Cap Marvel, Jedah, X. I'm barely counting X since we had Megaman in previous games. That's 4 new characters on your base roster, with 2 other new ones being DLC from the get go. Not even Injustice 2 had the balls to withhold 2 characters at launch let alone 2 of the only 6 new characters in your game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
...I don't hate the story mode trailer. I mean, it still looks visually bad and it might be a mess direction-wise but I'unno, it's what I expected from a Vs. game story mode. It's probably gonna beat out anything not-NRS (oh, such great heights, right?).

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

fadam posted:

Do we count Black Panther and Sigma as being part of the base roster even though they're DLC?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Oh, I didn't know they're DLC. That's lame.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

fadam posted:

Oh, I didn't know they're DLC. That's lame.

Cacpcom bad.

It's funny because if you told me MVCI has 30 characters at launch before we knew the roster I'd say "well, they cut down on characters but it's a decent roster size anyway, it could be worse". But considering how most characters are recycled with barely any changes whatsoever it feels like a ridiculously tiny amount even ignoring the Vs. tradition of overinflated rosters.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They hosed up Ghost Rider's voice and I think his new voice is Steve Blum and they made Steve Blum sound bad.

Other than that the new trailer actually looks alright for the most part with key exceptions like the random Tony and Cap tension that is gonna be one fight in the story mode and why is Dante involved as if he gives a poo poo about this?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DLC Inc posted:

No Monster Hunter guy.

what the gently caress

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
im so mad

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Baal posted:

They hosed up Ghost Rider's voice and I think his new voice is Steve Blum and they made Steve Blum sound bad.

Other than that the new trailer actually looks alright for the most part with key exceptions like the random Tony and Cap tension that is gonna be one fight in the story mode and why is Dante involved as if he gives a poo poo about this?

To be fair "random Tony and Cap tension" is Marvel's MO for the last decade by now. Also Dante probably wants to stab Jedah, he counts as a devil, right?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

Capcom posted:

CAP AND TONY ARE FIGHTING LIKE IN THE MOVIE THAT CAME OUT A YEAR AGO DONT YOU REMEMBER?!

:capitalism:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Dias posted:

The one Morrigan team was Morridoom tho, zoning in Marvel 3 was kinda rear end and the only way to make it work was playing one of the most opressive zoning games in the history of the genre. MVCI looks like it keeps the rear end zoning but now adds an even EASIER way to gently caress someone up for daring to play a zoning character.

I feel like just because it had more facets to it doesn't mean that RyanLV's team wasn't heavy zoning with both Astral Morrigan and Phoenix and there were plenty of mid-tier zoning teams like DualKevin's Deadpool and Paradigm's Arthur.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

what shady Belorussian dude did you guys get this game on the cheap from?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CubsWoo posted:

I feel like just because it had more facets to it doesn't mean that RyanLV's team wasn't heavy zoning with both Astral Morrigan and Phoenix and there were plenty of mid-tier zoning teams like DualKevin's Deadpool and Paradigm's Arthur.

RyanLV's team played runaway, not necessarily projectile zoning unless Morrigan had Astral. Phoenix just does poo poo when she goes dark, let's be honest. Other than that, yeah, you had some decent teams that focused on zoning, but they were still not very good and sometimes got outzoned by dudes just running Mags/Doom anyway. Paradigm basically used Arthur as an assist/anchor even.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

fadam posted:

what shady Belorussian dude did you guys get this game on the cheap from?

CDkeys has the standard PC version for $28

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If the load times between matches are anywhere near the load times to SF5, I will not buy this game. If the load times are fine but the gameplay is meh I'll still prob buy it

gotta wait for real people to review it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Madcosby posted:

If the load times between matches are anywhere near the load times to SF5, I will not buy this game. If the load times are fine but the gameplay is meh I'll still prob buy it

gotta wait for real people to review it

Please never use professional games journalists as any kind of trustworthy yardstick to measure fighting game value against. If you have personal questions about specifics of the game, wait for actual fighting gamers to play the game and then ask those questions. Even if people trash the game personally, you'll get much more honest and realistic answers about stuff like load times etc

• Locked thread